Supreme Wrestling Federation: Dark Days

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/Media/SWF%20com/SWFcomRecaps.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>SWF.com Monthly Recaps</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong> February 2010</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29584" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Triple Trouble</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> When the time came for Jerry Eisen to make one of his first major decisions as Interim Commissioner, he couldn't do it. Unable to decide between “Show Time” Jack Bruce and Rich Money for who should be the number one contender to his brother Eric's SWF World Heavyweight Championship, Jerry picked both. Fans were treated to a Three Way Dance match between the trio in the main event of SWF Nothing to Lose 2010. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The Dance delivered, as the trio put on a thirty minute battle and gave everything they had. The champion looked to unleash his vicious new striking salvos but found his opportunities limited. When he looked to have Bruce in some trouble, Money came dropping into from the heavens (or at least the top turnbuckle) with a big elbow that sent the champion sprawling out of the ring. “Show Time” had an air of desperate throughout the match, taking a number of big risks throughout the match, which contrasted harshly with the tactical determination of Money. Bruce got himself in trouble in the late going, launching himself into a big suicide dive that resulted in him slamming hard into the security barrier. It left Money and Eisen battling for a time. Money looked to have the champion in some trouble when Bruce finally made it back into the ring, and the former champion was brandishing a chair. After laying out the champion with a chair shot, Bruce also nailed Money, seemingly by accident. Referee Ric Young had no choice but to end the match, allowing Eisen to retain via disqualification. Bruce attempted to apologize to Money afterward, but “The Lone Wolf” was having none of it. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The match truly solved nothing. There is still no clear number one contender, with both Jack Bruce and Rich Money able to make strong and convincing cases as to why they deserve the next shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. Once again, Jerry Eisen has a tough choice to make. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>Money Trusts No One</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The last few months haven't been so easy on Rich Money. In late 2009, he was blamed by both Jack Bruce and the fans as being the source of Bruce's troubles. Even Money's close friend Remo seemed disinclined to believe his protestations of innocence. Money used the accusation to obtain a shot at Bruce's title at Christmas Clash. The vicious Last Man Standing match left both men bleeding and battered, but “Show Time” still managed to triumph. Money then watched in horror as the mystery man revealed himself to be Eric Eisen, who proceeded to defeat a broken Jack Bruce to take the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> In the following weeks, Money cut some of the finest promos of his career. He accused the new world champion of benefiting from Money's hard work and of winning the title in the most cowardly way possible. He demanded a chance at the belt, feeling he was the clear number one contender. Eric Eisen had other ideas, feeling that the nearly-broken Jack Bruce was more deserving, and his brother Jerry agreed. Money suggested that Eric believed that Bruce would simply be an easier opponent due to his mental and physical state, and there may be some truth to that. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> After being put in a Three Way Dance with Eisen and Bruce this past month at Nothing to Lose, Money was once again left feeling screwed over. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The entire situation has Rich Money being cheered by the fans for the first time in his SWF career. The man himself seems rather indifferent to it, however. Money now seems incapable or at least unwilling to trust anyone. This is the same man who spent much of his time in the Supreme Empire surrounding himself with talent such as Angry Gilmore, the Lord of War, and even his close friend Remo, so that he always had an “insurance policy”. Money is now flying solo by choice. He has already been branded “The Lone Wolf” by fans... though a few prefer to call him “The Single Dollar” instead. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>To Crown a King</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The month of February saw the announcement by Interim Commissioner that the SWF King of the Squared Circle tournament would return for 2010. The month also saw five qualifying matches and eight first round matches take place. The big moment, obviously, was the surprise return of a Supreme legend of the past as Sean McFly returned as a surprise entrant in the tournament. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> “The American Tiger” won his first round match with relative easy, defeating Paul Huntingdon. Marc DuBois, living up to his billing as “The Prodigy”, took a surprise win over veteran Lobster Warrior in a hard fought war. The other first round surprise was Randy Bumfhole taking down Squeeky McClean. His brother Zimmy could match the feat, as he fell as expected to the powerhouse Remo. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The semi final matches will take place on Supreme TV in March, with the finale being at Awesome Impact. The two semi finals will see Remo take on Randy Bumfhole and Sean McFly face Marc DuBois. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>A Legend Returns Home</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The fans in Boston get a special treat as they got see home-town hero Sean McFly return to the Supreme Wrestling Federation after a full decade away. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> Those who long-time fans who were lucky enough to watch the Supreme Wrestling Federation through the 1990s, Sean McFly requires no introduction. For the younger fans, “The American Tiger” is a wrestler of immense quality with a champions pedigree. He is a two-time SWF World Heavyweight champion and winner of the 1994 King of the Squared Circle tournament. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> In the coming weeks, some of his great matches against the Sam Keith, Bruce the Giant, and others will be made available on the SWF.com Media section. Every SWF fan will want to make sure to check those out!</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>All of Ana</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> Ana Garcia has never been afraid to speak her mind or share her opinion. Whether its been as a color commentator or interviewer, she is as bold and opinionated as she sweet and lovely. The 30-year old Canadian beauty will now be sharing even more of herself with fans. Ana has done a photo shoot for legendary men's magazine Playmate Monthly. A most revealing photo shoot....</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> “Its never something I aspired to do,” Ana says with a smile. “I mean, I guess posing nude for a men's magazine is a life ambition for many women. Not this one. When the opportunity was presented, though... It was timed right. It was something I couldn't pass up. It ended up being a lot of fun.” </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> Widely considered the classiest and most prestigious adult men's magazine on the market, Playmate Monthly has worked with the Supreme Wrestling Federation in the past, but previous photo shoots did not focus on a single SWF lady, nor were they so... revealing...</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> The issue hits the newsstands in the coming weeks. It won't be difficult to pick out, as Ana Garcia is on the cover. SWF fans – those aged 18 or over – will definitely want to check it out!</span></p></div></blockquote>

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do not rush the master. :eek:

Amen, my friend.

While I can certainly understand why most would be itchin' to see a show, it's best that you take your time, PA (as you already know). I'm getting caught up as it is right now. Overall, I'm crazy excited to see you back up and running! Especially seeing how we all get another crack at watching you masterfully construct the SWF.

Best of luck with this.

Cheers.

E-V

I like these write ups but man I hope you get on with the shows here soon. Backstory is great but I keep seeing you with posts and yet still not show......come on :)

I feel you. I'm pretty anxious to get going with the shows as well. But I've committed to a certain approach and I don't want to just skip a bunch of stuff that I feel will add to the overall story. My previous projects have always been about the details as much as the stories, and I don't want to abandon that approach just out of impatience. But soon enough... soon enough...

Do not rush the master. :eek:

I would much rather have readers wanting the shows than not caring at all. :-)

Amen, my friend.

While I can certainly understand why most would be itchin' to see a show, it's best that you take your time, PA (as you already know). I'm getting caught up as it is right now. Overall, I'm crazy excited to see you back up and running! Especially seeing how we all get another crack at watching you masterfully construct the SWF.

Best of luck with this.

Cheers.

E-V

Thanks E-V.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/Media/PWI/PWIHome.jpg

The Golden Experiment Ends

Pro Wrestling Insider Editorial

by Mitch Dumont

Monday, Week 1, March 2010

After six months with the TCW World Heavyweight Championship, Rocky Golden has been defeated. Thus ending what some TCW fans have dubbed “The Golden Experiment”.

Much as Golden winning the TCW World title at Hotter Than Hell last August came as a surprise, the loss of the belt at The War to Settle the Score to Wolf Hawkins was also a surprise. Particularly because Golden spent several months feuding with Sam Keith, before moving rather abruptly into a feud with Tommy Cornell's protege. The match between Golden and Hawkins was seen as a throwaway pay per view main event due to the lack of build, a transitional feud before the champion Golden moved into another feud proper.

Now that Golden's first reign with the TCW World Championship has ended, the time for assessment begins. While it may have frustrated some segments of TCW fans to no end, the quality of Golden's reign was simply average. It lacked the pure match quality that Tommy Cornell's championship reigns are known for, but every one should have realized that from the very stat. It was not that far below the title runs enjoyed by Ricky Dale Johnson.

To some fans – a vocal minority – the title reign of Rocky Golden was hardly average. It was an “abomination”. A subversion of everything that makes Total Championship Wrestling be Total Championship Wrestling. These fans are purists, who have completely bought into TCW's conversion from Sports Entertainment to work-rate based wrestling. They truly believe that, similar to North of the Border Pro Wrestling, championship reigns just only be awarded to the top pure wrestlers in the promotion. Factors such as a popularity, character, and “look” should not be considered in their opinion. Of course, the fact that NOTBPW has never expanded beyond Canada's borders is not a consideration to this vocal minority of TCW fans. And ironically, these same fans are the ones who likely complain about TCW being “too predictable” when Tommy Cornell has one of his regular title reigns.

If Tommy Cornell and Joel Bryant pay attention to the complaints of the Internet Wrestling Community, they are likely coming to realize what Richard Eisen and his cohorts have realized for a long time – you can't make everyone happy, and some people will never be happy no matter what you do.

The championship by Wolf Hawkins proves that Total Championship Wrestling are indeed willing to follow through with a process they began with the title win by Rocky Golden – that is building new, young stars. Its one thing to build up younger talent, doing things such as aligning them with the established stars – a tact that saw Wolf Hawkins and Joey Minnesota both become stars. But that world title win elevates and establishes them in a more resolute manner – to the point where they must be counted on to carry pay per view events.

While the TCW purists might try to deny the realities of contemporary professional wrestling, but things like look and popularity obviously do matter. Significantly. So while Rocky Golden might be “not yet the finished article” in terms of his in-ring ability, he is a very valuable commodity for Total Championship Wrestling. Despite the average nature of the reign, he is now more valuable for being a former TCW World Heavyweight champion. What those TCW purists who criticize Golden must realize is that the wrestler is quite simply able to make fans care. He has the charisma and character to engage the fans, whether he is a good guy or bad. And that engagement is ever bit as important as pure in-ring ability.

It remains to be seen what kind of champion Wolf Hawkins will make and whether the purists will accept him more than they accepted Golden. Hawkins certainly has some intriguing potential feuds. The only thing certain is that for Total Championship Wrestling, the future is now.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/Media/PWI/PWIEditorials.jpg

A Night of Violence and Brutality

Pro Wrestling Insider Editorial

by Desmond Hammer

Friday, Week 2, March 2010

The Supreme Wrestling Federation has, at times, been accused of being too predictable. Too "formulaic". It's a charge that has hardly been applicable over the past year, as the Supreme Empire has been able to delight fans with some superlative storytelling that never quite followed the formula.

Now, at first glance at the results from last nights Awesome Impact pay per view, a long-time SWF viewer might be inclined to think things went fairly by-the-book. That they followed expectations. The main event saw Eric Eisen once again defeat Jack Bruce. Marat Khoklov once again defeated Christian Faith. Angry Gilmore fell to Rich Money. Brandon James defended the United States championship against Joe Sexy. Team Tenacity defended the SWF World Tag Team championships against the Pure Power combo of Everest and Runaway Train. The only surprise result was Remo defeating Sean McFly in a hard fought semi main event that earned "The Alpha Dog" his third King of the Squared Circle crown. Despite the mostly predictable results, the show itself was anything but predictable. More to the point, the action was not predictable. Watching through the event, this writer was struck by how far removed from expectations this show truly was. And that is meant in an entirely positive way.

The pay per view kicked off with another showdown between Vengeance and Steve Frehley. This was not a wrestling match so much as it was a back-and-forth assault that lasted a quarter hour. The result was a double disqualification, so the match settled nothing. But the two men appear ready and even determined to tear each other to pieces in order to settle their feud.

The tag team title match was hardly a classic, but it was a solid enough tag team battle all the same. The tandem of Runaway Train and Everest are formidable based on their pure size and power, but a lack of cohesion probably cost them the SWF World Tag Team titles here. Once they are more experienced as a pairing, they could be a force in the SWF tag ranks.

Rich Money and Angry Gilmore stole the show, putting on a back-and-forth match that could be a contender for match of the year down the road. Money triumphed and reaffirmed to status as having a solid claim to being the number one contender to Eric Eisen's SWF World Heavyweight championship.

"Make your choice, honey". That has been Joe Sexy's mantra for the past month, directed at Emma Chase. He has been working diligently in his attempts to charm the pants off - literally and figuratively - Chase while trying to take the SWF North American championship from her client at the same time. When an injured referee, the match presented Emma with the choice of which wrestler to give her assistance to... and she chose to stay loyal, tossing her show - yes, her shoe - to the champion, who used it to lay out the challenger. After several chances at the North American championship, it seems unlikely that Sexy will get another shot.

Christian Faith is no stranger to violence or to monstrous opponents. Yet something about his feud with Marat Khoklov seems different. Whether it is the fact that Faith cannot seem to find an edge in the battle or the sheer brutality that the feud has shown so far, this feud feud just has a different texture that has really reinforced the unshakable determination of Faith. Even moreso, it has proven what a monster Khoklov truly is. The was blood last night - buckets of it, from both men - but this is another feud that appears to have more violence to go before any satisfaction is found.

Although it was a tough battle, Eric Eisen again downed Jack Bruce. One gets the impression that if he was fully healthy, "Show Time" might be too much even for the reinvented Eisen. But Bruce isn't healthy and it shows ever time he steps into the ring. The damage seems as much psychological as physical. Each successive defeat at the hands of the current champion just compounds the issue even further. He looked crushed after being counted down for the three, felled by Eisen's impressive new Supremecy finisher.

The lone surprise result was King of the Squared Circle finale, which saw Remo overcome the diverse offense of "The American Tiger". Remo's third KOTSC victory was a bit of a head-scratcher. Not that Remo makes a poor King... Rather, its a win that doesn't elevate him any further. The expected and logical win for McFly made sense, as it would have immediately re-established him as a force to be reckoned with in his second SWF run. The loss wouldn't do Remo any harm. Instead, after a great back-and-forth match that will rank amongst Remo's best career matches thus far, "The Alpha Dog" proved too big and too powerful. As stated, the victory doesn't really elevate Remo at all, beyond making him the only three time King of the Squared Circle... but it does leave McFly in a rather uncertain position.

One could spill much ink debating as to what exactly makes a show full of predicable results still somehow feel npredictable as this one did... but in truth, it seems to come down to two things. Violence and brutality. Those two friends have never been strangers to the Supreme Wrestling Federation, even during its most conservative periods. Yet somehow they seemed to be reaffirmed during this pay per view... a reminder of the brutal nature of the Supreme Empire. One is left wondering whether we are seeing the effects of Jerry Eisen on the Supereme Wrestling Federation or simply an anomalous night of elevated ultra-violence...?

Really enjoying these articles, could anyone tell me, is the KOTSC history (Remo being three time) cannonical or has BP created it and where can I find CVerse reference to it I'm guessing the historical modS?

It isn't canon. Not fully. Its taken from the C-verse '77 mod, along with the trophy previously posted. The only edition held by that point was Mayhem Midden in 1976. Everything else beyond that was backstory on my part.

It isn't canon. Not fully. Its taken from the C-verse '77 mod, along with the trophy previously posted. The only edition held by that point was Mayhem Midden in 1976. Everything else beyond that was backstory on my part.

I've adopted your version as my personal canon BP. It makes alot of sense as the SWF is big on tradition, but only when it suits them.

I've adopted your version as my personal canon BP. It makes alot of sense as the SWF is big on tradition, but only when it suits them.

That's cool to hear (errr... read, I guess). Great to know that my take on the CornellVerse and its little intricacies and details makes sense to others. Lord knows that I have spent enough time thinking through the logic of my C-V worldview... as the likes of JamesCasey, PhantomStranger, and maybe a few others can attest, as I've spent some discussing things through with them.

I used to focus on what made my version of the SWF similar to the WWE. I think this time around, I've found my focused switched moreso to the differences. It wasn't necessarily a conscious decision, but rather an evolving view of things. After conceiving of Richard Eisen as simply Vincent Kennedy McMahon Lite for a long time, my perception of him and the Eisen family as a whole has really changed. Which is a bit ironic, since Richard Eisen is likely to play less of a role here than he did in Generation Supreme.

I could see tradition being a big theme for the SWF. They are the oldest American promotion by some measure and their basic approach has remained pretty consistent throughout the years. While I understand the WWE approach of having a very revisionist mentality to their own history, plus respecting the past but always trying to keep the emphasis on the current product, I don't necessarily think its the only approach. Or even the right one. I think the way that McMahon "gets one over" on past stars who piss him off by basically de-empahizing their historical role is because of his ego as much as anything. Personally, I think a better approach is simply continuing to make fistfuls of money off of that former stars legacy.

That's cool to hear (errr... read, I guess). Great to know that my take on the CornellVerse and its little intricacies and details makes sense to others. Lord knows that I have spent enough time thinking through the logic of my C-V worldview... as the likes of JamesCasey, PhantomStranger, and maybe a few others can attest, as I've spent some discussing things through with them.

I used to focus on what made my version of the SWF similar to the WWE. I think this time around, I've found my focused switched moreso to the differences. It wasn't necessarily a conscious decision, but rather an evolving view of things. After conceiving of Richard Eisen as simply Vincent Kennedy McMahon Lite for a long time, my perception of him and the Eisen family as a whole has really changed. Which is a bit ironic, since Richard Eisen is likely to play less of a role here than he did in Generation Supreme.

I could see tradition being a big theme for the SWF. They are the oldest American promotion by some measure and their basic approach has remained pretty consistent throughout the years. While I understand the WWE approach of having a very revisionist mentality to their own history, plus respecting the past but always trying to keep the emphasis on the current product, I don't necessarily think its the only approach. Or even the right one. I think the way that McMahon "gets one over" on past stars who piss him off by basically de-empahizing their historical role is because of his ego as much as anything. Personally, I think a better approach is simply continuing to make fistfuls of money off of that former stars legacy.

There's two KEY differences between Eisen and McMahon: Eisen REALLY killed off the territories. McMahon had a longer battle against them. Even though he killed off the territorial system, some of the territories eventually led to WCW, its biggest competitor. Also, when McMahon finally defeated its biggest rival, USA wrestling has been on the down.

Eisen manages to kill off territories, but manages to not only stay afloat, but thrive, despite lacking major competitors for years.

I agree, though. The basic of their product is:

1. Mainstream

Minimum: Key Feature

Normal: Key Feature

Maximum: Key Feature

2. Traditional

Minimum: Medium

Normal: Heavy

Maximum: Heavy

Those are two elements pretty much consistent with SWF.

Ironically, this is also the basis of USPW in TEW2010.

I can agree with your view of the Eisens mostly, except that when someone leaves. They don't ignore their existence or keep exploiting that they made them.

The SWF just keeps moving forward. They've looked to the future since 1973.

There's two KEY differences between Eisen and McMahon: Eisen REALLY killed off the territories. McMahon had a longer battle against them. Even though he killed off the territorial system, some of the territories eventually led to WCW, its biggest competitor. Also, when McMahon finally defeated its biggest rival, USA wrestling has been on the down.

Eisen manages to kill off territories, but manages to not only stay afloat, but thrive, despite lacking major competitors for years.

I agree, though. The basic of their product is:

1. Mainstream

Minimum: Key Feature

Normal: Key Feature

Maximum: Key Feature

2. Traditional

Minimum: Medium

Normal: Heavy

Maximum: Heavy

Those are two elements pretty much consistent with SWF.

Ironically, this is also the basis of USPW in TEW2010.

You bring up a great point about the Death of the Territories. Its an area that I've considered quite a bit and that was pretty fundamental in evolving my view of Eisen.

This is where I slip into "severe over-analysis of available information" mode... which I apparently enjoy a great deal...

What do we know about Eisen and the territories? He is responsible for their fall. He is a "ruthless businessman" (based on his in-game bio) and offered out long-term exclusive contracts (from the CornellVerse website). But we have precious little information about what brought an end to the territories in the C-verse. The specifics of how they fell are very limited. Would the SWF signing up some talent - assuming not at all, for various reasons - really have that big of an effect by itself?

In reality, the fall of the territories can be blamed on Vince McMahon, but that's a vast simplification. There were a great many factors involved. McMahon and the WWF were a driving force, but he would not likely have succeeded if not for those other factors. Were there other factors involved in the C-verse for the SWF to succeed? I imagine there had to be. There is a pretty significant amount of talent in any version of the C-verse, so unless the SWF built up a huge roster for a shot period of time, I can't see how they hoarded enough talent on exclusive contracts to cause it simply via that.

A significant differentiation between Eisen and McMahon, to me, is the difference between "ruthless" and "cut-throat". That might be semantics to some, but I see is a fairly significant difference. Being aggressive in pursing what you believe is going to help your business without consideration for the consequences for others is ruthless. Being proactive in attempting to undermine your competition is cut-throat. Signing away talent that you covet, whether or not the loss of the talent hurts your competition, is ruthless. Signing away talent you don't necessarily need or in such a way to maximize the damage to your competition is cut-throat. Cutting a long-time wrestler after you feel they no longer have enough value to your promotion (even if they still have some, in certain ways) is ruthless. Doing everything possible to undermine their name value before and after they are cut, so that they have less value to your competition, is cut-throat.

Vince McMahon was and is cut-throat. I do not view Eisen as having that approach. I view him moreso as simply being aggressive in doing what he feels he needs to do for his promotion. That is part of the reason that the "Tuesday Night War" has remained a cold war for nearly a decade and a half. Eisen has never - at least as far as we know - proactively tried to damage TCW/HGC. How many names beyond Jack Bruce have jumped ship to Supreme? Is everyone on TCW's roster who has the talent to tempt Supreme simply too loyal? The way that I see is that Richard Eisen "picks his spots", so to speak. He doesn't see a lot of reason to pay a premium for talent build elsewhere because name value can be built easily enough within Supreme and talent is replaceable.

Another significant factor that I think is key to Richard Eisen is that he built his own promotion. Vince Kennedy McMahon bought out what was arguably the most successful territory in America, which he then took to new levels... but it was already a significant success by the measure of the time. Eisen was virtually a kid when he started the SWF - 18 years old, I believe, to go by the data - and so far as we know, built it out of nothing. I've always considered the facts that he built Supreme out of nothing and brought it through (one would assume) some tough times as key factors - the idea being that he take risks, but they are "smart risks". Carefully calculated and with minimized consequences.

The mention of the product also brings up another factor that I ended up thinking about in the planning stages... which is that the product definition themselves leave a fair bit of room for interpretation and difference. Quick example - I would consider both Mid Atlantic and St. Louis in the 70s and 80s as fairly Traditional, yet their products were quite different.

I can agree with your view of the Eisens mostly, except that when someone leaves. They don't ignore their existence or keep exploiting that they made them.

The SWF just keeps moving forward. They've looked to the future since 1973.

Actually, that is exactly how I see Richard Eisen. What I mentioned about getting back at talent that has left by continuing to make money off of them is my thought, which I simply see as a better approach than what McMahon typically takes. Though he has an ego, I agree completely that Richard Eisen simply doesn't worry about those who have left. Its not about anger he has toward them or anything like that. He's simply moved on. As I started in the one Desmond Hammer article, Eisen truly believes that his promotion is the star and that the individual talent can be replaced. A big star leaving isn't a negative - its and opportunity to build a new star.

Really enjoying the backstory thus far. Great articles. I love the multiple ways it can go, and with Richard Eisen (or someone else, perhaps?) looming as a Grand Avatar-like figure in the background, I'm hooked. :)

Interesting pairing Runaway Train & Everest. In my very new SWF save I just haven't found much for them (especially Everest) to do in the first few months so maybe that's a way to go.

Eisen truly believes that his promotion is the star and that the individual talent can be replaced. A big star leaving isn't a negative - its and opportunity to build a new star.

I see this to a degree but you can't tell me he wasn't butt hurt when Sam Strong, Dread, Rip Chord, The Blazing Flames all showed up on Tuesday Nights competing against him.

Its not that he wouldn't do business with them but he's not going to release a "best of Sam Strong" DVD while USPW is on television every week. Now he might list some Sam Strong matches on some DVD's but he's not going to promote talent that are still competing for money against him every week.

Or thats how I see it. Sam Strong best of DVD? Sure maybe but as a businessman you might make money but also make people remember how great Strong was and maybe encourage some people to view USPW.

Now would he include Cornell vs. Nemesis is a "Bloodiest Brawl" DVD? I'd say so.

Again this is just my view everybody has a different one. :)

Sam Strong best of DVD? Sure maybe but as a businessman you might make money but also make people remember how great Strong was and maybe encourage some people to view USPW.

The WWE released a Hulk Hogan DVD, despite Hogan being with TNA, so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility. If anything, it allows people to say, "Wow! He used to be awesome. I wonder what he's doing now... Oh, he got OOOOOOOOLLLDD!"

Ignore what some people say. Not all publicity is good publicity.

Just popping in to say I am on board with this, and have been reading from the start, I think you knew I would be, just felt it needed to be said.

All the articles have been really good so far but must say I am now salivating for the shows to start and for your new vision for the SWF to really take shape :)

Are the pre April shows one's you have booked yourself, but purposely done with some booking decisions you wouldn't have necessarily gone along with....such as Remo winning the KOSC tournament for a third time?

Really enjoying the backstory thus far. Great articles. I love the multiple ways it can go, and with Richard Eisen (or someone else, perhaps?) looming as a Grand Avatar-like figure in the background, I'm hooked. :)

Interesting pairing Runaway Train & Everest. In my very new SWF save I just haven't found much for them (especially Everest) to do in the first few months so maybe that's a way to go.

Glad you are reading and enjoying.

I've kept thing kinda murky about what's really going on, and that won't necessarily change. I quite like the idea of the SWF being a pretty closed book in terms of what goes on backstage. Its all rumor and conjecture and one can't be certain what is real and what isn't. Its why I decided to forgo the use of a backstage personality in the diary, although I have enjoyed writing those segments in past projects and they've been quite popular.

Both Train and Everest are guys I struggled to find roles for off the start. I mean, Train has some name value still and he works great in some type of bodyguard or enforcer role. Everest does in the sense of having good Menace, but seems a bit less natural. Throwing them together as a team just seemed to make sense. They could end up being a key team, at least for a time.

I see this to a degree but you can't tell me he wasn't butt hurt when Sam Strong, Dread, Rip Chord, The Blazing Flames all showed up on Tuesday Nights competing against him.

Its not that he wouldn't do business with them but he's not going to release a "best of Sam Strong" DVD while USPW is on television every week. Now he might list some Sam Strong matches on some DVD's but he's not going to promote talent that are still competing for money against him every week.

Or thats how I see it. Sam Strong best of DVD? Sure maybe but as a businessman you might make money but also make people remember how great Strong was and maybe encourage some people to view USPW.

Now would he include Cornell vs. Nemesis is a "Bloodiest Brawl" DVD? I'd say so.

Again this is just my view everybody has a different one. :)

Would Eisen care about his former stars taking up with Stallings? Its easy to think he would. I don't think its inconceivable to think he wouldn't necessarily care that much, though. If he's realistic, he's going to realize that a wrestler that has left the SWF still has to earn a living, and that they are not only going to try do that outside of the US, nor would they stay only at the small promotions. I think a realistic person would understand - they might not be happy, but they wouldn't begrudge the worker that choice.

If he truly doesn't see USPW as a competition (I think he would, at least to some extent, but still...), then it wouldn't be seen as helping the competition. The beautiful thing is that no view on it is really wrong.

The WWE released a Hulk Hogan DVD, despite Hogan being with TNA, so it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility. If anything, it allows people to say, "Wow! He used to be awesome. I wonder what he's doing now... Oh, he got OOOOOOOOLLLDD!"

Ignore what some people say. Not all publicity is good publicity.

Good point. I have to admit that I did wonder a bit when they put out that DVD set... I thought it might have been far enough along in the production process when Hogan joined TNA that they just decided to go through with it. I have my doubts they would have started the process of a new DVD set. That said, I do have my doubts that the DVD set would have helped TNA much at all....

Just popping in to say I am on board with this, and have been reading from the start, I think you knew I would be, just felt it needed to be said.

All the articles have been really good so far but must say I am now salivating for the shows to start and for your new vision for the SWF to really take shape :)

Are the pre April shows one's you have booked yourself, but purposely done with some booking decisions you wouldn't have necessarily gone along with....such as Remo winning the KOSC tournament for a third time?

Knew you were on board, but its always great to see. The actually shows shouldn't be far off. I'm hoping to have the first Supreme TV preview up before the weekend, and the first show up not too long after that. I'm pretty anxious to get things rolling too.

The stuff between January and the end of March is more of a build up, a transition period. Stuff like Remo winning the King of the Squared Circle or Bruce getting repeated shots at Eisen is stuff that might not look the most logical booking decisions at that given time, but down the road, when the bigger picture can be seen to a greater extent, would make more sense (hopefully, at least).

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else but you had said Rocky and Sid Streets won the KOTSC in back to back years and the booker was Dusty.

You got the names mixed up Rocky was the father and booker while Dusty and Sid were the sons. No big deal or anything but every bit of information helps. Also if you're going off of the 70's verse as cannon then the SWF had a United States title held by Coach P's son Richie in the late seventies.

Enjoying your right ups and I know you like to bring the world to life with several mentions of the past so I wasn't sure if you were creating you're own history or going off of what the 70's verse had. Keep up the good work and all that :)

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else but you had said Rocky and Sid Streets won the KOTSC in back to back years and the booker was Dusty.

You got the names mixed up Rocky was the father and booker while Dusty and Sid were the sons. No big deal or anything but every bit of information helps. Also if you're going off of the 70's verse as cannon then the SWF had a United States title held by Coach P's son Richie in the late seventies.

Enjoying your right ups and I know you like to bring the world to life with several mentions of the past so I wasn't sure if you were creating you're own history or going off of what the 70's verse had. Keep up the good work and all that :)

D'oh! Yeah, its supposed to be Sid and Dusty. I even checked. Guess I should have double-checked. And I somehow completely overlooked that the SWF did have the United States belt at that point. Had it my head that the SWF had the tournament instead of a midcard belt and just ran with that thought, I guess. I was trying to keep the history fairly in-line with the historical mods, particularly the '77 mod. Thanks!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/Media/SWF%20com/SWFcomRecaps.jpg

SWF.com Monthly Recaps

March 2010

The Old King is the New King

All hail King Remo!

Just don't call him that where he can hear you.

While Remo was plenty happy to be called “King” after his previous two King of the Squared Circle victories, he has warned everyone not to throw the royal moniker in front his name this time around. “The Alpha Dog” seems to realize what many others have noted – that his record third KOTSC victory adds to a list of accolades that seems starkly incomplete without the SWF World Heavyweight championship. The tournament victory earned Remo a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight championship, but given that he is quite friendly with current champion Eric Eisen, it appears that title opportunity will go unused.

Perhaps the greater question that Remo's victory creates is what this means for Sean McFly. The returning fan favorite was widely considered a favorite to win the tournament, but for all the legendary skill of “The American Tiger”, he could overcome the pure size and power that Remo possesses. Some fans were predicting that McFly would win the King of the Squared Circle tournament, challenge Eric Eisen for the SWF World Heavyweight championship at April's The World is Watching pay per view, and there become a three time SWF world champion... The question now become where McFly goes from here...

Emma Says No

It seemed a match made in heaven... the ice queen and the fiery lover. Yet it was not to be, as the ice queen of the SWF – the indomitable Emma Chase – proved unmeltable. She resisted the best efforts of Joe Sexy, much as her client Brandon James resisted Sexy's attempts to win the SWF North American championship. Just as it seemed that his charms had worn through her resistance, Chase reaffirmed that she was loyal only to her client and her own goals.

It appears that Sexy's quest to win the SWF North American championship is over for the moment. Lobster Warrior has been lined up to challenge for “Big Money's” belt next. Will Sexy's pursuit of Emma Chase end? Unless Sexy wants to move into the “creepy stalker” territory, that would probably be the best choice.

With Sexy recently introducing the Supreme Empire to his “protege”, the suave young man known as Antonio Amor, it appears the ladies of the SWF are still not safe from “sexy sexy seduction”.

Injecting a Little Chaos Into Your Life

Jerry Eisen has always been a fan of the cruiserweight style of wrestling. Fast-paced and high-risk, as it is often described. Now that he's taken the role of Interim Commissioner, Jerry seems determined to ensure they have a place in the Supreme Empire. On the final SWF Warfare of March, Jerry made the announcement, to the delight of the fans in attendance. Dubbed the “Chaos Division”, the class won't be about weight restrictions, as the now-defunct Shooting Star division was. Rather, its about excitement and style. That is great news for fans who love their wrestling action to be fast-paced and non-stop. It will be a great way to showcase some of the young talent already in the Supreme Wrestling Federation.

Home of Tag Team Warfare

SWF Warfare might take a backseat to Supreme TV, but its the place to go for hot tag team action. In addition to the intimidating Pure Power duo of Runaway Train and Everest, several new teams have formed in the past few months. One of the most intriguing new teams is the combination of Captain Atomic and American Machine, under the guidance of BJ O'Neill and using the moniker Bombs Away. Former SWF World Tag Team champions Marc DuBois and Paul Huntingdon have reformed their team, now known as Your New Favorite Tag Team. Lobster Warrior has tagged with Jungle Lord a few times recently, with Duane Fry dubbing the duo “Surf n' Turf”. These teams have been battling on Warfare in recent weeks, trying to impress enough to win a shot at the tag titles currently held by Team Tenacity. They've been joined by some new teams, such as Sam Keith's twin sons.

Although they have worked together more on Supreme TV than Warfare, the duo of Remo and Vengeance has looked mighty impressive of late, including scoring a non-title win over Team Tenacity.

The Supreme Wrestling Federation never lacks for great tag team action, but things look to be heating up here in 2010.

The B show really is perfect for tag teams, isn't it? Still, 'Bombs Away'? 'Surf 'n' Turf'?

So long as someone tells DuBois and Huntingdon "You're No-one's Favourite Tag Team" I can live with it, I guess... :p

The B show is indeed great for tag teams. I have a tendency to overdo it in that regard, though. I've booked a few that had nothing but tag matches and some angles. Not such a big deal when I'm just booking through the first few months, but something I need to be a bit more careful of now.

Bombs Away is most definitely a goofy name. It was the first thing that sprang to mind when I put Captain Atomic and American Machine together. I've been trying to think of something better since without any luck. I am certainly open to suggestions. But I had to go with something, and Bombs Away kinda straddled that line between serious and funny enough....

"Surf n' Turf" isn't their name. Yet. More of just something that Fry labeled them... but its catching on. I love that thought that Lobster Warrior drives smark fans crazy. They love Morrisette, but they hate that he's under an "embarrassing" gimmick. Those fans would rant and rave about how the SWF was mis-using Morrisette, and how if he just lost the dumb lobster gimmick, he would be a world champion... In truth, the Lobster gets treated pretty well by the SWF despite the gimmick - he's a 3 time NA champion and assumingly had a pretty good feud with Brandon James through 2009. The though of Warrior forming a pretty good tag team with Jungle Lord and having it slapped with a dumb name just to drive the smark fans insane is a fun one.

I was really really really tempted to go with "Kings of Wrestling" for DuBois and Huntingdon. It had the kind of arrogance that fit their characters. But that felt a bit too much like a direct rip off, for obvious reasons. So I went with delusional and arrogant....

BTW - I most definitely stole the "Chaos Division" from someone here on GDS. Cannot recall if it was a diary or a post somewhere. Whoever it was, much thanks.

Also, hope to have the first show preview up tonight or tomorrow. Finally booked through it and starting the write-up.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/AmericanMachine_jhd2.jpghttp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/NevadaNuclear_alt2.jpg

A quick rename of Atomic to something more American-y (I went with American Hero) and you have a patriotic tandem. I called them American Made, and their sickeningly babyface patriotism was a good contrast to the darker teams I had (Gilmore's lackeys DuBois/Huntingdon and Deadly Sins), as well as any power team or proper wrestling team.

Archived