DOTM: November Nominations

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (Jhd1 TNA an immortal impact or omradebot's WBW: Why No One Cared About Wrestling In Europe )

8. You can NOT nominate No Neck's Guest Booker: The Phoenix Also Rises- Phil Vibert and PCW

9. You can NOT nominate Final Countdown's Ring Of Honor - We Don't Imitate We Innovate

10. a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=34559]Wildfire1324's NWA: Beyond The Glory[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=26405]dse81's The New NWA[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=78107]Nobby_McDonald's TNA's New Beginnings II[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=91072]Tigerkinney's BHOTWG: Stepping into the Inferno[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47928]Phantom Stranger's TCW: A quiet Retirement[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=133743]1PWFan's NYCW: Old School till we Die[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=152678]ajcrible's TWL: God Bless Texas- 1977 C-Verse[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=84880]BYU 14's NYCW- Passing the Torch[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=157471]Angeldelayette's USPW - What? This Again?[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=75205]DragonMack's The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW- The Homecoming[/thread]
  • [thread=105836]James Casey's SWF: Who Is Richard Eisen?[/thread]
  • [thread=206110]Eisenverses's Arcadia Presents Deadly Overloaded Action....[/thread] (if he has the 8 shows, some one let me know :))

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=205951]angeldelayette's NWA 1989: Tradition Revisited[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=203304]Charasmatic Enigma's NOW (RW 0/0/0 promotion, 2002)[/thread]
  • 2nd*[thread=217340]Yoshida's ZEN - Insert witty eye catching title here[/thread]

Nominations will be open until December 1st (12 pm Eastern)

The Kid Might just make it here for Christmas!

On top of your nominations, I would like to take a quick straw poll.

I want opinions on how DOTY nomination process should work.

I am currently leaning toward a self nomination process with a panel of judges for approval. But that seems like alot of work.

Voting would occur after the field was narrowed to 5 choices in each category.

This would not hold true for the big 4 (DOTY, Cornellvers, Realworld or writer of the year)

Just a though, now I am interested in yours. DOTY noms will kick off mid december and run through mid January.

ok, my nominations for this month are Tigerkinney's BHOTWG: Stepping into the Inferno for its continual excellence

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=91072

Phantom Stranger's TCW: A quiet Retirement for its quality and longevity

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=47928

And 1PWFan's NYCW: Old School till we Die, for his unique take on my favorite promotion

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=133743

I'm going to nominate ajcrible's TWL: God Bless Texas- 1977 C-Verse, as it remains the definitive C-Verse 77 dynasty, and is also great fun to boot.

I'm also going to nominate BYU 14's NYCW- Passing the Torch for actually kind of modernising NYCW without trashing the Traditional elements. Oh, and for given Madman Boone and Jim Force some much appreciated screen time.

On top of your nominations, I would like to take a quick straw poll.

I want opinions on how DOTY nomination process should work.

I am currently leaning toward a self nomination process with a panel of judges for approval. But that seems like alot of work.

Voting would occur after the field was narrowed to 5 choices in each category.

This would not hold true for the big 4 (DOTY, Cornellvers, Realworld or writer of the year)

Just a though, now I am interested in yours. DOTY noms will kick off mid december and run through mid January.

That seems like a lot of work to me. I think something similar to these DOTM nominations would work just fine (though maybe through PM.)

I am not in favor of the self nominations. We don't do it for the montly, therefore we shouldn't do it for yearly one. However, we can use the DOTM to assemble a good list of candidates.

Criteria like , has been an active diary for at least 6 months of the year.

If it has won a DOTM, it's an automatic nomination

IF it has multiple top two or three placements ( say at least three times in the year ) without winning, its an automatic nomination.

That will give us at least 5-7 diaries right there, then we can have people submit one or two others they feel should be considered, either in a thread or by pm. And if any of those get at least three nominations they can be added to the list as well.

That will take care of the overall diary categories.

As for the other individual categories, compile a list of the categories to be considered, like best character, best presentation, etc., Post that list in a thread and then have people pm or post a list of their nominees for each of those categories. Then take the top five or six total nominees for each category and they can be voted on in the DOTY polls.

For the real world, I'd like to nominate Wildfire1324's NWA: Beyond The Glory (great to have you back in the swing of things, Wildfire), as well as dse81's The New NWA, which continues to be consistently great.

I'd also like to nominate Charasmatic Enigma's NOW (RW 0/0/0 promotion, 2002) for Rookie. It's been fun for me to see someone start a diary around the same time mine started, but without the resources I had.

Not sure if it's eligible yet, but I'll throw a vote in for

Eisenverses: Arcadia Presents Deadly Overloaded Action....

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=206110

Great attention to detail as per usual from Eisenverse, his works really do seem to be a labour of love, and aren't the quickest moving but they are quality over quantity.

Also seconds for....

Phantom Strangers TCW and Angeldelayettes USPW diaries for continuing to be consistently good.

Rookie: I shall go with ZEN - Insert witty eye catching title here. by Yoshida

I am not sure if he will do a follow up show or not but the first show was great. The diary is well written and the graphics were great as well.

For real world I shall go with: TNA's New Beginnings II by Nobby_McDonald.

I pretty much nominate this diary every month so it becomes hard to say why I am putting it up. However, I will say it is a well written diary with a mix of humor in it.

While It's sad to say, I don't believe I can via for the rookie category anymore due to the "Hall of Fame" thing. I greatly appreciate it though. :D

Thank you to TigerKinney for the nom though. What you said was awesome to read.

Cheers.

E-V

I knew i should have double checked. :rolleyes:

I knew i should have double checked. :rolleyes:

It's totally understandable.

Also, sadly, I only have like 5 shows posted at this point (counting "Cyber Clash"); so, I'm afraid I'm not eligible under the whole 8-show rule. It seems somewhat crazy that you have to get to that point for you to be able to via for such a prize; however, I totally see why it's that way in the end (to give the award to projects who have been around for a bit). That said, maybe next month? By then I should have well over 8 with the "Cyber Clash"/"Rapid Assault" combo.

Anyways, thanks to Tigerkinney for the nod & the Curator for putting this all together. :D

Cheers.

E-V

For real world I shall go with: TNA's New Beginnings II by Nobby_McDonald.

I pretty much nominate this diary every month so it becomes hard to say why I am putting it up. However, I will say it is a well written diary with a mix of humor in it.

And with a small smattering of drugs and homosexuality.

Sounds like an episode of Emmerdale.*

*Only British readers will get that.

Archived