The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could create a new database with nothing in it then go to program files - GDS - WMMA3 - Database name

Find the file for contracts in the empty database and copy it. Then through program files - GDS - WMMA3 find the database you want to play in and paste the contracts file into it.

Probably best to save the original contracts file first for future use. Once the empty contracts file is in the database everyone should be unemployed. I just tried this and it worked.

Not sure I explained it that well though lol.

I had a look at the "mass edit" function there and couldn't find anything so I'm going to say no. I take it you want to start a game where no-one is signed to a contract and build up a roster from scratch?

Yes. I want to sign the top 16 fighters in every weight class and do grand prixs. For no real reason other than it occurred to me, honestly.

You could create a new database with nothing in it then go to program files - GDS - WMMA3 - Database name

Find the file for contracts in the empty database and copy it. Then through program files - GDS - WMMA3 find the database you want to play in and paste the contracts file into it.

Probably best to save the original contracts file first for future use. Once the empty contracts file is in the database everyone should be unemployed. I just tried this and it worked.

Not sure I explained it that well though lol.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to do it! YEAH!

I had a heavyweight set to defend his title in the Main Event, but I set his opponent TBA because I had to wait for Chuck Dooley to recover.. now when I try to edit the fight to add him in, the champ does not appear which really screws up my PPV

any patch in the works for this?

-EDIT- nevermind, all I had to do was edit the champ's preparation time. LOL.

Regarding divisions not showing up as divisions i.e. "Super Heavyweight"... I think after enough people have 2 fights (which seems to be when they will switch weight classes in the ranking system) it will acknowledge the class as an actual class. And you will also have all the ranked fighters within that class, therefore allowing you to ease up on the fighter hogging in the 5 main divisions for the purposes of competitive credibility and having a somewhat balanced gameworld.

<p>Regens</p><p> </p><p>

Is there anyone who doesn't play with Regens turned on when using real world mods? To be honest i'm not much of a fan of having these "fake" fighters showing up in the game but i guess there essential eventually in order for the game to stay active.</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a certain timeframe that you turn Regens on (after 2/3 years or so) or do you play with them on from the start?</p><p> </p><p>

I always play with them off but i've never gotten so deep into a game that a lack of fighters becomes a problem.</p>

Is there anyone who doesn't play with Regens turned on when using real world mods? To be honest i'm not much of a fan of having these "fake" fighters showing up in the game but i guess there essential eventually in order for the game to stay active.

Is there a certain timeframe that you turn Regens on (after 2/3 years or so) or do you play with them on from the start?

I always play with them off but i've never gotten so deep into a game that a lack of fighters becomes a problem.

I don't use regens not in ToS or Modern warriors games anyway.

Maybe i have on the dawn of mma mod.

I generally have the same feeling as you on them, my current MW game i'm in 2014 though not that many years in, still a good few and there is still alot of depth.

Maybe it's a good idea to have regen on if you are looking to go 10+ years.

Does anyone know how long I should give a fighter to cut weight? I got this WW world class beast of a wrestler and he walks around at 195-205 and cuts to 170. Much like GSP.

I gave him a fight 7-8 weeks out recently and he missed weight. 6 pounds over.

His weight cutting stat is very high so he should have no problem. He is 7-2 I believe and has missed weight around 3-4 times. Enough to get cut IRL. I don't want to force him to MW because he has a huge advantage at 170.

What should I do? Only schedule him 3 months+ ahead?

Sorry if this has been asked recently.

is there anyway to add a third tv show apart from obviously doing it in the main editor, in my UFC game i have near 300 fighters if not more and even with the 2 tv shows i already have it's pretty tough to keep everyone active.

What's the ideal length of time to leave between fights? Can you overwork as fighter?

For example, as long as the fighter completes his recovery period and has adequate prep time for the next fight can you keep booking him, or will this overwork him to the detriment of his abilities?

What's the ideal length of time to leave between fights? Can you overwork as fighter?

For example, as long as the fighter completes his recovery period and has adequate prep time for the next fight can you keep booking him, or will this overwork him to the detriment of his abilities?

I'm pretty sure as long as he's completed his recovery period (as determined by his recovery stat) he will be fine to fight. I don't think it will hurt putting him in "too many" fights as a fighter will only take a fight when they feel they are ready to take one.

is there anyway to add a third tv show apart from obviously doing it in the main editor, in my UFC game i have near 300 fighters if not more and even with the 2 tv shows i already have it's pretty tough to keep everyone active.

I don't think so, once you have started the game I don't think there is anything you can do, even in the in game editor. You have 300 fighters but I bet more than half of them aren't popular enough to appear on the main card of a fight. Right? Prelim fights are your friend man! Make sure that anyone who is of "high regional" popularity or below is on the preliminary card. This should help you keep fighters active. With 20 fights per card and I assume you're running a card every 2/3 weeks you should be able to fit everybody in.

I don't think so, once you have started the game I don't think there is anything you can do, even in the in game editor. You have 300 fighters but I bet more than half of them aren't popular enough to appear on the main card of a fight. Right? Prelim fights are your friend man! Make sure that anyone who is of "high regional" popularity or below is on the preliminary card. This should help you keep fighters active. With 20 fights per card and I assume you're running a card every 2/3 weeks you should be able to fit everybody in.

You have probably hit the nail on the head i usually book 12-13 fights including prleims for ppv's and 13-14 fights for tv shows. I suppose booking 2-4 extra fights would help massively

You have probably hit the nail on the head i usually book 12-13 fights including prleims for ppv's and 13-14 fights for tv shows. I suppose booking 2-4 extra fights would help massively

UFC are absolutely stacked with talent in the game, and that's without the Strikeforce fighters! They are a daunting task to manage and it's hard to keep track of your roster. I found the best way was having a PPV every 3rd week without fail and one TV show a month, alternating between UFC Live and UFN. I used my TV shows for up and coming fighters who are not popular enough to make it to the main card of a PPV and popular fighters coming off defeats or on losing streaks. Between that and being Dana esque harsh with my cutting (3 losses usually) I was able to trim my roster down to a respectable size in around a year and ensure I had enough talent to headline my PPV's.

UFC are absolutely stacked with talent in the game, and that's without the Strikeforce fighters! They are a daunting task to manage and it's hard to keep track of your roster.

One thing I would say about that though, using the Modern Warriors mod I am seeing a very small amount of my fighters being considered main event material by the fans. I have a massive roster but I've only got 1 main eventer max in each weight class, and none in the bantam and featherweight division. Which makes booking PPVs every 3 weeks difficult.

Why don't more people post in the dynasty section? There are some very good ones in there :)

You are right and I have no clue to the answer. I tend to lurk in the MMA diaries for the most part, which is odd because it seems like I post in every diary known to man in the Wrestling section.:o

You are right and I have no clue to the answer. I tend to lurk in the MMA diaries for the most part, which is odd because it seems like I post in every diary known to man in the Wrestling section.:o

You should definitely post lol :/

One thing I would say about that though, using the Modern Warriors mod I am seeing a very small amount of my fighters being considered main event material by the fans. I have a massive roster but I've only got 1 main eventer max in each weight class, and none in the bantam and featherweight division. Which makes booking PPVs every 3 weeks difficult.

Some of your events will suck, just like recent UFC PPV's that failed because of late injuries etc, but in the end you will create more stars and it will benefit you in the end. ;)

Why do I don't get Knockout of the Night winner if there are KO's in the event?

Strange. That NEVER happened to me and I have played... a LOT of games. No really, a lot. :) Any screens to back this up?

I'm pretty sure as long as he's completed his recovery period (as determined by his recovery stat) he will be fine to fight. I don't think it will hurt putting him in "too many" fights as a fighter will only take a fight when they feel they are ready to take one.

Well, 'veterans' with a lot of matches under their belt will of course display signs of physical tire, as their body will continue to suffer a little. But like he said, as soon as their recovery period is over, they are clear to compete again.

Archived