The Minor Questions Thread

You need to grow to I think like Mid level regional popularity before you can start making money, and it grows exponentially. At first companies will lose money, but eventually you will make more than you can spend. Takes time and good shows.

At first if you want to minimize the losses, you should have only 3 fights (the minimum) per show and try to sign fighters for as cheap as they are willing. Standard contracts and low signing bonuses can really go a long way in the early game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh than im making a mega mistake. I cam in trying to sign anyone good. Totally different game than TEW. Great workers dont mean great match.

But do fighters improve at all? Or are their skills what they are keeping forever?

They'll improve naturally over time, and more so if they've joined a fight camp. The levels of a camp's "training strengths" will determine how much of a boost their fighters get in those areas.

You're right about better fighters not necessarily being better for your business. You can play it fair and try to match up fighters with similar skill or reputation levels, but business-wise you might actually find more success if you just sign a few great fighters and put them against people who have little to no chance of winning. Kind of a sleazy tactic of course, but there's nothing wrong with it in game terms, and it happens in real life all the time so it's not even unrealistic. Especially for a small promotion, it's easier to build people who will draw crowds if they don't lose, and they get more popularity and reputation out of beating nobodies than you'd expect after playing TEW.

They'll improve naturally over time, and more so if they've joined a fight camp. The levels of a camp's "training strengths" will determine how much of a boost their fighters get in those areas.

You're right about better fighters not necessarily being better for your business. You can play it fair and try to match up fighters with similar skill or reputation levels, but business-wise you might actually find more success if you just sign a few great fighters and put them against people who have little to no chance of winning. Kind of a sleazy tactic of course, but there's nothing wrong with it in game terms, and it happens in real life all the time so it's not even unrealistic. Especially for a small promotion, it's easier to build people who will draw crowds if they don't lose, and they get more popularity and reputation out of beating nobodies than you'd expect after playing TEW.

Yea im more about building my company and a select few workers than running a fair company ATM. When I am a big company i will worry about whats going on with fights. Ill gladly roid out 3 guys who will win each fight of theirs. But does fight rating mean anything? Does an Excellent rating give a bigger pop boost than a poor rating?

Yea im more about building my company and a select few workers than running a fair company ATM. When I am a big company i will worry about whats going on with fights. Ill gladly roid out 3 guys who will win each fight of theirs. But does fight rating mean anything? Does an Excellent rating give a bigger pop boost than a poor rating?

I think it might help, but it might do more for your company (giving you a high critic rating for your show) than the fighters. Haven't tested it myself. I know that a finish gives them more popularity and reputation than a decision, but I'm not sure how much of a difference the actual match rating makes.

I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the excitement ratings though, because there's not much you can do to predict or influence them. A good back and forth with some near-finishes will almost always get a good rating, but you can't count on that. From what I've seen, the most consistent way to get an above average rating is to get a quick finish, which should happen pretty often if you're booking a bunch of one-sided matchups.

One thing that will give your guys a big popularity and reputation boost is hype. There's a dropdown menu when you book a fight that allows you to hype the match or one of the fighters. Hyping the match is betting that the fight will be exciting, and if you're right then it will get an even better rating. That's pretty risky though, since it's so hard to be sure.

Betting on one fighter when he's facing an outmatched opponent isn't quite as risky, and if it works out then he can get a lot more popularity and reputation from the win. I usually stick to medium hype because it's not as much of a risk, and even a not-so-exciting win seems to give the fighter a bonus. The bigger the hype, the more the fans expect from the fighter's performance. Setting up squashes and hyping the favorites can build them up surprisingly fast if it works out. The cans will surprise you sometimes, but if it appears on paper to be a sure thing, then it's worth the risk IMO.

I agree. Having a tournament of cans to determine a nr. 1 contender, and then hyping your champion, is probably the best way of getting a sure pop boost and improving your organisation. Well... at least on short-term. The 'normal' way of signing decent fighters and letting them earn it is probably best on long term. But honestly, if you have a small business, the 'cheesy' way is the best way. Currently the AI isn't really configured to steal your champ away. If they do, and you're left with a bunch of cans, you could be in trouble. But even with a bunch of cans, there's still a king of cans. :D

To be honest, i think that the current system for money is..awful. You lose money for the first month of the game, and when you have 50% regional, you gain so much money.. I've never encountered a problem in my game with the money. I've always think that the reputation of the company should be : City, Regional, National, Continental, Worldwide. But for that, we whould have the TEW's ystem of arena

To be honest, i think that the current system for money is..awful. You lose money for the first month of the game, and when you have 50% regional, you gain so much money.. I've never encountered a problem in my game with the money. I've always think that the reputation of the company should be : City, Regional, National, Continental, Worldwide. But for that, we whould have the TEW's ystem of arena

I think Adam meant for the game to truly be a booking simulator, not an organisation manager like TEW is. It troubles me a little in TEW that - when you are the booker in TEW instead of the owner, you still need to 'manage' the finances, which is not easy - by which I mean it takes your attention and investment where I basically just want to book events. Lots of people playing WMMA don't want to meddle with finances and will get frustrated (though there's always the option of getting a financial injection out of nowhere). Hopefully WMMA4 will get the option for the people that want it. I wouldn't mind that, actually.

I think Adam meant for the game to truly be a booking simulator, not an organisation manager like TEW is. It troubles me a little in TEW that - when you are the booker in TEW instead of the owner, you still need to 'manage' the finances, which is not easy - by which I mean it takes your attention and investment where I basically just want to book events. Lots of people playing WMMA don't want to meddle with finances and will get frustrated (though there's always the option of getting a financial injection out of nowhere). Hopefully WMMA4 will get the option for the people that want it. I wouldn't mind that, actually.

in WMMA3 , We have the "fantasy banking". I agree with you, but i think in the long term, a booking simulator have limit. We should go in other direction to improve the game, and in the direction of an organisation manager, with more relation with the fighters, the finance, the media. And we can "delegate" these task to the CPU if we are not interested to toy with this (Like an option to choose what you want to be, the CEO, the booker, etc)

but after all, we all want WMMA4 :D

EDIT: I've misread your post, i thought you were talking of TEW for the financial injection

Yeah, I meant a "financial injection" by the player, technically labeled as cheating by some, but who cares really. But I say this often: the only thing that matters is your experience. WMMA3 isn't the kind of game where you can boast that you've made high level international in just a few years. Everyone can do that. After all, the game already tells you whether a main event is good. All you have to do is make several 'suggestions' for the main event, check whether they are good, go with it, and you'll be succesful. That's it.

Just enjoy the gameworld unfolding while you're able to influence what happens. That's what it's about (for me at least). That said, it could be much more (like TEW), but I think Adam realises this and might make WMMA4 to include these more... cumbersome things.

I have a question about the hidden destiny physical peaks and declines. is it tied to ages or no. ex if I have a fighter who is 33 and has just entered post prime if I go in and edit his age to say 31 will he be back at his peak?

I really hope you can edit the destiny values in WMMA4 mid game. its just a minor thing but I'd like that ability. I just had a guy retire who was 37 but was the top draw and #1 in his weight class. While that's not completely uncommon for fighters to retire at that age or that stage of their career, so the ability to edit his destiny given present situation within that particular save would be ideal.

I have a question about the hidden destiny physical peaks and declines. is it tied to ages or no. ex if I have a fighter who is 33 and has just entered post prime if I go in and edit his age to say 31 will he be back at his peak?

Yep. That will work. I'm not sure if it will help his skill gains, but editing him to be younger can definitely put him back in his prime. This can be useful because once they start to decline, fighters can have worse 'luck' (so to speak) and start losing fights that they have no business losing on paper.

for those of you who have wmma and the spreadsheet feature hooked up. is it possible to search via fighters skills? for example could you search all fighters who have a chin of under 20% for a example.

if not I really hope this is a feature in the next game, that make it possible to search for skills for all the fighters across the database.

Spreadsheets cover the following:

Name

Nickname

Weight

Height

Nationality

Status

Style

Record

The only easy way to check for fighters within a certain skill range is with the 'Mod Maker +' feature in the pre-game editor.

EDIT: By the way, TEW2013 lets you filter the worker list by skill level, so there's at least a chance that WMMA4 will give you that option.

what are all the various stages of fighters status's in wmma.

old guys past their prime have the "well past his prime" status

young debuting fighters have "has a long way to go to reach his peak"

guys in their prime have in their prime

34-37 yr old guys usually have the "approaching the end of his prime"

i know there are a couple more that i am missing what are they?

Another Question can a fighter get better in his prime or is his development stagnet until he enters his post prime?

^ I've wondered that myself. Always been too lazy to test it. :D

what are all the various stages of fighters status's in wmma.

old guys past their prime have the "well past his prime" status

young debuting fighters have "has a long way to go to reach his peak"

guys in their prime have in their prime

34-37 yr old guys usually have the "approaching the end of his prime"

i know there are a couple more that i am missing what are they?

Another Question can a fighter get better in his prime or is his development stagnet until he enters his post prime?

It goes in this order:

- still has a long way to go before hitting his peak

- approaching his peak

- in his prime

- at his absolute peak

- approaching the end of his prime

- well past his prime

Not sure about your second question, honestly. I've never tested that kind of thing, and I have trouble noticing skill changes because WMMA3 doesn't keep track like the TEW series does. If I remember right (don't count on that), a fighter improves before his prime, and then improves at a higher rate during the 'in his prime' stage, stops improving once he reaches his absolute peak, and then starts to lose points once he's out of his prime entirely. I could be very wrong about all of that, but I think that's what I read shortly after I started playing.

how do you make ai companies schedule more fights on their cards? modify their momentum and make it higher perhaps?

You can't. Somebody has proposed to lower the number of fighter required (in the section "weight class" of the editor, when you make a new weight classe, but i don't know if it works)

I find that t's extremely hard to reach national with a company based.. well everywhere except the USA. With my company in the US, i gain 2-3% of popularity each show, but when i make my federation in Europe (like France) i have a tendency to lose 2% of popularity, even if i have a "Great" in Critical Success. (Of course, i have only "average, poor or very poor" in commercial succes, but i gain popularity with that in US..)

Archived