Modern Warriors (HYPE THREAD)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tag01" data-cite="Tag01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29688" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>UCMMA is in the game, I hope to flesh it out a little more. Right now, I have plans to add BAMMA but it may not be in the first release.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd hold fire if I was you - There's a fair bit of talk that BAMMA might be done. Their main parent company went bump recently and their TV partner, Bravo, is going off the air soon. They cancelled their December show due to the weather - however a Peter Andre concert at the same venue went ahead the next night. The chatter was that there weren't enough ticket sales to make it worthwhile.</p>

I'd hold fire if I was you - There's a fair bit of talk that BAMMA might be done. Their main parent company went bump recently and their TV partner, Bravo, is going off the air soon. They cancelled their December show due to the weather - however a Peter Andre concert at the same venue went ahead the next night. The chatter was that there weren't enough ticket sales to make it worthwhile.

Damn, that doesnt surprise me, but they came back from the first pop, hopefully they survive.

You may not know the answer, but do you know if the mod will be out before or after UFC 125? I'm just interested because I am planning a dynasty and it will make a difference if I will be working with the actual aftermath of the fights or if I will be simulating them.

The mod coming out before 125 is unlikely, I'm afraid.

No problem, that works in my favour actually. Seeing as how the game does not let you start on a precise date, to accurately simulate UFC 125 on Saturday of Week 1 in January, I would have to start the game in December, despite the game containing numerous fight histories for the month of December in 2010, such as WEC 53, UFC 124, Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu, and so on. I can still start in January with only UFC 125 having taken place and be able to schedule Fight for the Troops 2, and onward.

Thanks for the info!

Many fighters have bios; I'd say more often than not they do. I eventually want bios for everyone but that's a long term project. :)

And thanks to Hands of Stone, we will eventually have bios for all fight camps too.

As a general update, things have slowed with the holidays but we've got a lot of work done. I hope to make some strides next week and I'm hoping at that time I'll an update on that includes a release timeline.

Shark fights was actually in my wmma2 mod and so will be in this version. As of now, M-1 is not in. I've been on the fence because its such a strangely organized comopany, and I'm waiting to see if they manage to talk their way onto showtime or not.

As for cage wars. I remember looking at them in the past but I remember them not hosting events often. That could be a possibility , although I'll probably ad BAMMA (and their financial woes) first.

Archived