DOTM: December Nominations

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (Yoshida's ZEN - Insert witty eye catching title here)

8. You can NOT nominate Wildfire1324's NWA: Beyond The Glory

9. You can NOT nominate DragonMack's The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW- The Homecoming

10. a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=60162]MadMatt's World Wrestling Entertainment 2009 and Beyond![/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=39102]The Final Countdown's incredible Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate diary[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=58732]jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings (real world) [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=144302]michgcs' WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History![/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=78107]Nobby_McDonald's TNA's New Beginnings II[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=157471]angeldelayette's USPW: What? This Again?[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=91072]Tigerkinney's BHOTWG: Stepping into the Inferno [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=240179]BigPapa42's SWF-Supreme Wrestling Federation Dark Days[/thread]
  • [thread=206110]Eisenverses's Arcadia presents....Deadly Overloaded Action[/thread]
  • [thread=133743]1PWfan's NYCW: Old School 'Til We Die[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=155288]NoNeck's Guest Booker: The Phoenix Also Rises (C-verse)[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=105836]James Casey's:"Who is Richard Eisen?"[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=279298]james_ewing88's Grey Dog Pro Wrestling: The Return of Attitude[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=250080]TheKenwyn's: CGC: All Is Not As It Seems[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=275966]SHaynes23's World Wrestling Federation: The Civil War (2002)[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=275524]20LEgend's nited States Pro Wrestling 2014[/thread]

Nominations will be open until January 4th (12 pm Eastern)

Happy Holidays All.

The Kid is here And I do NOT have time to run DOTY. Any Volunteers?

I will gladly turn over the Survey Monkey Passwords if you want them.

throwing a rookie nod out there early.

[thread=279298]james_ewing88's Grey Dog Pro Wrestling: The Return of Attitude[/thread]

it's been along time since I have read any new diaries. (I've been reading through those I have pdf'd on my e-reader) this one caught my eye and I gave it a try and it's been a fun little read!

The Kid is here And I do NOT have time to run DOTY. Any Volunteers?

I will gladly turn over the Survey Monkey Passwords if you want them.

I'm not sure what this would entail but I would be, possibly, willing to take the reigns this year? I know I already have two projects running simultaneously, the DOA/"So... You wanna be a Pro Wrestler?", but I would be willing to carry out my GDS duties and help out/if not run the whole shindig.

I guess, in the end, I'd like to know what was the details behind it all before I give a total "yes" but am interested.

Cheers.

E-V

rookie = TheKenwyne: CGC: All Is Not As It Seems the pay per view was great and it's easy to read format.

cverse = angeldelayette:

USPW: What? This Again? My favourite diary along with Eisen Verse's DOA I think I've ever read with the excellent ppv last most the build to this months has been phenomenal and I genuinely am excited for the PPV most importantly. WHO WILL GET UNMASKED!!!!!!?

cverse = angeldelayette:

USPW: What? This Again? My favourite diary along with Eisen Verse's DOA I think I've ever read with the excellent ppv last most the build to this months has been phenomenal and I genuinely am excited for the PPV most importantly. WHO WILL GET UNMASKED!!!!!!?

Seconded. I agree completely with LEgend - angel has a consistently high standard and with this diary in particular, he has done a great job of pushing the most unlikely workers to the fore.

My nominations are for:

Eisenverses: Arcadia presents....Deadly Overloaded Action: http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=206110

And not just because I have an entrant in his companion piece 'Who wants to be a Pro Wrestler' ;) Arguably no one better amongst the diary writing community at capturing atmosphere with words.

BigPapa42's: SWF-Supreme Wrestling Federation Dark Days

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=240179

Back with the promotion that he appears to be his first love in the Cornellverse, this promises to be different take to his 2008 SWF magnus opus but one that could end up being just as good...can you tell I'm a fan. :D

And of course thanks to Dragomack and SWF Fan for the Nominations, as always very much appreciated :)

My nominations are for:

Eisenverses: Arcadia presents....Deadly Overloaded Action: http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=206110

And not just because I have an entrant in his companion piece 'Who wants to be a Pro Wrestler' ;) Arguably no one better amongst the diary writing community at capturing atmosphere with words.

Much, much, much, appreciated, TK!

:D

We are up to date.

I'm not sure what this would entail but I would be, possibly, willing to take the reigns this year? I know I already have two projects running simultaneously, the DOA/"So... You wanna be a Pro Wrestler?", but I would be willing to carry out my GDS duties and help out/if not run the whole shindig.

I guess, in the end, I'd like to know what was the details behind it all before I give a total "yes" but am interested.

Cheers.

E-V

Much appreciated.

I sent you a rough time commitment break down.

Let me know.

Also might be cool if a full committee wanted to run it. though to be honest more people might equal more work.

We are up to date.

Much appreciated.

I sent you a rough time commitment break down.

Let me know.

Also might be cool if a full committee wanted to run it. though to be honest more people might equal more work.

Mistaken I'd be glad to help Eisen if it's needed.

I think a committee may be best; given the layout/time spent. Honestly, I'm not much of a 'numbers cruncher' but would be 100% willing to make edits to, say, the forum post itself. Also, I would take on the task of writing the actual "End of the Year Awards" forum post as well.

So, in a way, I would be willing to do most, if not all, of the writing/keeping things up to date stuff. In a sense, a committee may be best though as I'm not really savvy with Excel & am not really a numbers guy to be honest; running "So... You wanna be a Pro Wrestler" is enough 'survey monkeying' to me. haha. :D

If anyone, like 20LEgend, would be interested then certainly contact myself and Mistaken!

Also, my noms will be up later tonight.

Cheers.

E-V

rookie = TheKenwyne: CGC: All Is Not As It Seems the pay per view was great and it's easy to read format.

Thank you very much sir!

I shall nominate: NoNeck's Guest Booker: The Phoenix Also Rises (C-verse) for a truly unique take on USPW, and great presentation and writing throughout.

jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings (real world) For doing the arrival of ECW right and making up for somewhat patchy quantity with true quality in every show he posts.

Okay I am using both of my nominations for Real World this month.

RW 1: I would like to nominate:

michgcs' WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!

He just had a very well written Money in the Bank PPV that is well worth the read. Also, his promo writing is really good and as many of you know that is what I like the most in a diary.

RW2: I would like to nominate:

Nobby_McDonald's TNA's New Beginnings II

What can I say about this diary? I nominate it almost every month because in my opinion it is of good quality. There is great humor in it, nice short match write-ups (that still give you all the info you need).

Even if you do not intend to vote for either of my nominations, I implore you to check their diaires out because both are very good.

I forgot to do a rookie nomination: SHaynes23's World Wrestling Federation: The Civil War (2002)

Another well written diary that has a very easy to read format.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39102&page=102

I would like to nominate The Final Countdown's incredible Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate diary. He has successfully managed to capture the spirit of ROH while adding his own unique vision to the story. If you're not reading this, you should be.

Thanks a ton! That means a lot coming from you, since as I've said before, your NWA diary was what inspired me to try writing my own to begin with.

I will second The Final Countdown's incredible Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate diary for the Real World DOTM

Thanks for the support!

As for my own nominations, I'd like to second both jw_forever and Nobby_McDonald for the real world poll. jw's shows are simply fantastic. And Nobby deserves recognition as well. One of these days, he's going to break through and win this poll, I know it. :D

Okay I am using both of my nominations for Real World this month.

RW 1: I would like to nominate:

michgcs' WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!

He just had a very well written Money in the Bank PPV that is well worth the read. Also, his promo writing is really good and as many of you know that is what I like the most in a diary.

RW2: I would like to nominate:

Nobby_McDonald's TNA's New Beginnings II

What can I say about this diary? I nominate it almost every month because in my opinion it is of good quality. There is great humor in it, nice short match write-ups (that still give you all the info you need).

Even if you do not intend to vote for either of my nominations, I implore you to check their diaires out because both are very good.

I forgot to do a rookie nomination: SHaynes23's World Wrestling Federation: The Civil War (2002)

Another well written diary that has a very easy to read format.

I'll second the nomination of SHaynes23's WWF Civil War Diary.

Archived