Fighters that are leaving

Hey,

I was wondering how you handle fighters that'll leave your company (guys with only 1 more fight on contract but have a bad losing streak so you won't resign them, fighters that didn't want to resign, fighters that'll retire after that last match)?

Do you feed them to one of your top stars/prospects, with the risk of an upset or do you pit them against another nobody so that no one 'gets hurt' ;)

I tend to do the first thing and try to sent them off with a nice a$$whooping!

Hey,

I was wondering how you handle fighters that'll leave your company (guys with only 1 more fight on contract but have a bad losing streak so you won't resign them, fighters that didn't want to resign, fighters that'll retire after that last match)?

Do you feed them to one of your top stars/prospects, with the risk of an upset or do you pit them against another nobody so that no one 'gets hurt' ;)

I tend to do the first thing and try to sent them off with a nice a$$whooping!

I think I will just let contracts run out next time. Just had Roope Kuqi go 0-3 in his first 3 professional fights (all with me). Last fight, prelim vs Tim Boyer, the match supposed to get Boyer back on track.

Winner : Kuqi via Kimura.

Now he is a free agent and wont re-sign for me yet. :o

I like to send people out on their backs whenever possible, so I generally try to find the least favorable matchup possible for any fighter who won't be resigning and has only one remaining fight with me. I've suffered one or two aggravating upsets, but generally I think the minimal risk is worth it to wring every last ounce of value out of every fighter on my roster.

Honestly? I release the guys that are on losing streaks as soon as I get the option to renew contracts. Assuming, that is, that they don't have a guaranteed match left - which they never do.

Other than that, I occasionally offer a 2 fight (1 guaranteed) contract if I think a guy could yet win - it's essentially a one fight deal, though, 'cause if they lose, they get released.

Costs me nothing to do this, and I won't risk upsets when I cannot resign that dude for another 12 months if he does win.

depends on the fighter : if they are a legend of my company i will give them their last fight, usually against a can and let em go out on a high.

if they are a scrub, i will set em up against a far superior fighter who needs to get back onto a winning record :D

once you get on my roster tho, the only way you generally leave is death or retirement. even average fighters have a role, and can always use em to my advantage, whether or not it is to build up a rook, or extend a winning streak :D

<p>Depends on how the fighter fought in his last fight.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't know if this is luck but after Bambang lost to a ground fighter in a championship bout, he kept going to the ground and there was no point in having him fight a last bout because he has been unpredictable.</p><p> </p><p>

BCF had the unfortunate misfortune of stealing Bambang but then had to deal with a grappling match main event when the guy didn't want to stand and bang with Dennis Gallagher.</p><p> </p><p>

Letting their contracts can be the best though as a losing fighter can be hired for cheaper money. It doesn't make the other company bankrupt but nothing like seeing these guys get stolen by Alpha and Gamma and then going on losing streaks and being fired or heck even re-signed if there are no fighters available to hire. Really good stuff if these are your grinders because then the big orgs are forced to put them against big named fighters or pure cans and they can't develop their own stars properly.</p>

<p>If a guy has alot of time left on the contract but only the one match, I'll sit him until I can re negotiate. </p><p> </p><p>

I also like to send guys out losing. LeToussier pissed me off so he lost an openweight bout to Hassan Fezzik in Nebraska, the US's only non-regulated territory. :-)</p>

Archived