Modern Warriors (RELEASE)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's one minor thing I noticed that should be fixed. Pretty much all of the fights were put in as fantastic. I would set them to decent, with maybe a few exceptions.

That's the default when creating a fight history. It would be too much work to go back and change all of them.

Boosting weight cutting to 100 won't fix the problem i don't think. The problem is that alot of the fighters have a 40lbs difference between there fight weight & there walking weight, & in WMMA terms that is far to much weight to cut so i think that realism has to be sacrificed when dealing with the walking weight stat in order to make the game playable.

Put a fighters standing weight to around 15 pounds above their fight weight and it solves the problem/makes it a little more realistic.

Haven't played this mod yet (just downloaded) got a quick question to anyone thats got a bit into, does alot of workers retire in the first few months?

Walking weight definitely needs to be fixed.

Anderson Silva is the biggest culprit in my game so far. He is not ranked in the Blurcat MW division at all, only LHW. Roger Gracie only in HW, etc. Lots of guys need to be tweaked.

Also, Silva has missed weight for two title defense, Okami has missed weight for a title challenge, Lesnar has missed weight twice, Leben has missed weight in all three of my fights for him...the list goes on. Every Saturday AM the webpage is filled with fighters who missed weight for all the promotions. The UFC in real life gets very few missed weights in a given year, I get one or two every card.

Other issue: PPV carriers seem out of whack.

Put a fighters standing weight to around 15 pounds above their fight weight and it solves the problem/makes it a little more realistic.

Haven't played this mod yet (just downloaded) got a quick question to anyone thats got a bit into, does alot of workers retire in the first few months?

To answer your question, I haven't seen it. Dan Severn still hasn't retired in my game. The only three I've seen retire are Renzo Gracie, Nate Quarry and Ken Shamrock.

Something else I've noticed - and I don't see how this could be the fault of the data but I don't know where else to mention it - through 15 events, I've never had one of my fighters call out someone else. Is anyone else noticing this or am I just unlucky?

Same here. Not a single call out. On original database I got two or so a card. Wonder how that could be?

I'm working on the weight issues, should have most of the obvious ones fixed for the next update.

I don't know what the deal is with the callouts, but dawn of MMA didn't seem to have any of those either. Not inclined to get to the bottom of it since I find them annoying. :)

I don't know about those Strikeforce guys not fighting, it may just be weird booking by the computer. In my current game the AI has booked Del Rosario and Jacare in the first couple of months.

Ah yeah, thought it might be that. Deleted quite a few of the fight teams but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference so it must be all the promotions. If I just delete some promotions then will it work or will it go all 'critical error' on me like TEW does when you delete companies while people have contracts there?

Ah yeah, thought it might be that. Deleted quite a few of the fight teams but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference so it must be all the promotions. If I just delete some promotions then will it work or will it go all 'critical error' on me like TEW does when you delete companies while people have contracts there?

I think if you delete the promotion in this game it will delete the contracts at the same time, but I am not 100% sure of that.

Edit: Just tested as I'm making myself a more streamlined version (removing some companies, removing all female fighters, deleting some camps, some ppv carriers, etc)

Version 1.2 is up. Ive fixed a lot of the weight issues but please point out any I missed. I've also uploaded just the data if you don't want to download the whole facepack.

As an aside, the big time drain for loading times are fighters and fight histories. If you don't care about fight histories I'd wipe them out. 2-3 minutes is a long loading though, especially if your default database isn't slow. Mine takes maybe 20 seconds per day. Have you gotten past the first couple of days? The first week or two are super slow as camps get ironed out, but then it speeds way up. Deleting fight camps isn't going to help your loading times much.

This is probably a stupid question...but if I want to use the updated version do I have to start a new game? If not, what do I do to update?

Awesome work by the way!

You will have to start a new game, it's a different database technically.

Archived