RELEASE! 1996 The War Begins

Just thought I should throw in my thanks for this mod. I'm about three and a half years in, (June 1999) playing as ECW, and it's still quite enjoyable.

Interestingly, WCW have fallen to Cult level, with WWF still going strong. There's some huge free agents - Vader, Sting and Flair, for instance - who nobody except WWF can sign, and they don't seem to be showing any interest.

Yokozuna and Bam Bam Bigelo seem to be exchanging the WWF title, with Marty Janetty holding the Intercontinental belt and Owen Hart & Tatanka tag champions. The Giant is WCW's champion.

Kurt Angle and The Rock are in ECW and there haven't even been attempts to poach them.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah didn't Jeff Jarrett hold McMahon up for some insane amount of money to do that job? 250k is the number I remember hearing but I could be wrong.

If he got that payday though good on him. I think to lose to Chyna he probably deserved it if not more.

Yeah, the rumored number is $250,000. Of course, that's never been confirmed by anyone other than Vince McMahon, who could very easily hate Jarrett for other reasons.

Anyway, I love this mod. Some birthdays were wrong (Kevin Nash is a year off, etc.) but other than that, it's perfect. Thank you very much.

I'm using it for my dynasty. :)

This mod is really well done, I can only imagine the time that was put into it, thanks BH.

Thanks Dude, it really was a very long process I won't lie. considering I started this one on TEW 2008 ... yeah.

Ah and Soxfan, if you find any other little errors pass them along. I am very casually working on an update to this which will fix any little problems.

I kinda feel bad I haven't played this mod much. Maybe because I supported the mod back from TEW2008, and played it very much back then. Haven't been able to play TEW2010 much at all though, and I kinda ragequitted when I lost a save I had started with WWF in this mod :D

Ah and Soxfan, if you find any other little errors pass them along. I am very casually working on an update to this which will fix any little problems.

I managed to find another little error. Actually, tiny. Miniscule. Something that would only be noticed after some detective work.

You mixed up a couple of gimmicks. Ron Harris was Eli Blu, while Don Harris was Jacob Blu. Obviously, a very forgivable mistake. :p

I managed to find another little error. Actually, tiny. Miniscule. Something that would only be noticed after some detective work.

You mixed up a couple of gimmicks. Ron Harris was Eli Blu, while Don Harris was Jacob Blu. Obviously, a very forgivable mistake. :p

Haha crud, will fix in next version. Still struggle to tell those guys apart though.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing this for the first time in forever last night and I fired a ton of WCW guys to bring in a ton of guys off the indies and future stars(Edge and Christian, The Hardys, Homicide)

Also, used the editor to make it possible for me to run my own nWo story line...but slightly different. Starts out the same, but after Hogan turns, two unlikely new members jump ship from WWF to join.

Send them my way and if they make sense, I'll put them in. :)

Well I know a few right off hand are:

Chris Jericho should have at least a strong friendship with Lance Storm, Bret Como, and Dr Luther. In his first book, him and Lance Storm were best friends and Como and Luther were also good friends that he spent a lot of time traveling the road with.

All those guys were a group for awhile and traveled together and tried outdoing each other.

I started playing this for the first time in forever last night and I fired a ton of WCW guys to bring in a ton of guys off the indies and future stars(Edge and Christian, The Hardys, Homicide)

Also, used the editor to make it possible for me to run my own nWo story line...but slightly different. Starts out the same, but after Hogan turns, two unlikely new members jump ship from WWF to join.

See, my dream NWO scenario always omitted Hogan completely or really changed his role significantly. He never "fit" with Nash and Hall... them being "new gen" or "silver age" (to steal a term from the comic book world) WWF talents and Hogan being sort of a "golden age" WWF talent. I always wanted to see the original NWO storyline play out later with Bret Hart in the Hogan role... him or Shawn Michaels ideally if you really wanted to make a FANTASY scenario. Hall, Nash, Hart... three guys who at the time epitomized the WWF in the early nineties. Just feels better, cooler.

Maybe run a completely separate Hogan heel turn without any connection to the NWO or bring him in later after the formation of the group as sort of a Vito Corleone wrestling godfather leader of the family sort of character. Play off his strengths (his promos and his presence) and let guys like Hart and Hall and Waltman handle the in ring stuff.

*shrug* Heh. Ideas.

See, my dream NWO scenario always omitted Hogan completely or really changed his role significantly. He never "fit" with Nash and Hall... them being "new gen" or "silver age" (to steal a term from the comic book world) WWF talents and Hogan being sort of a "golden age" WWF talent. I always wanted to see the original NWO storyline play out later with Bret Hart in the Hogan role... him or Shawn Michaels ideally if you really wanted to make a FANTASY scenario. Hall, Nash, Hart... three guys who at the time epitomized the WWF in the early nineties. Just feels better, cooler.

Maybe run a completely separate Hogan heel turn without any connection to the NWO or bring him in later after the formation of the group as sort of a Vito Corleone wrestling godfather leader of the family sort of character. Play off his strengths (his promos and his presence) and let guys like Hart and Hall and Waltman handle the in ring stuff.

*shrug* Heh. Ideas.

Hmmm. I'm glad you said something because that was my initial reaction to when I decided to go with it. Hart was my original pick because in Bischoff's book he said he originally wanted Hart as the third man and Sting and even Flair were considered.

I may scrap Hogan altogether and have him do something else. I haven't played the story out yet, so there's still room to work with it.

• 2 months later...

Okay, a couple things:

1. I love this mod. A lot. I've been playing it for a while with WCW building towards the nWo, and I absolutely love it. I've improved Benoit's mic skills, and gotten him so over that he's cutting promos in the 90-93 range rated on Entertainment. I wanted to bump this up a little for it to get some more recognition.

2. When looking through the list of workers, planning ahead for certain workers' debuts, I noticed that Robert Roode is noticeably absent from the mod. If you plan to update this at any time, you may want to add him.

Again, love the mod man. Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
Playing as WWF with this mod I seem to only be able to have nothing but really bad matches.

For instance, Bret Hart v HBK for the world title on the main event of RAW scored a C-, despite having great heat and action?

What's their popularity like?

What road agent notes did you use?

What's their popularity like?

What road agent notes did you use?

Their popularity was set at whatever the default for this mod is, it was my first show.

I had Bret Hart winning, open match, call-in-ring and all out. Had no negative notes in the feedback.

This match isn't an isolated incident however, all the matches I'm having with WWF are getting dreadful ratings. I take it this isn't standard? It must be something I'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey CW Saton

Not sure what is going on, Only thing I can think to ask is did you change any of the product settings for the WWF or make any other alterations we should know about?

I just tried a match similar to what you booked and got a B+ and having made the data myself I know that two WWF main eventers shouldn't be getting C- scores. Bad ratings for lesser workers in the WWF are intentional though, I don't remember any Duke Droese matches that deserved above a D+ for example.

Archived