RELEASE! 1996 The War Begins

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BH, this mod is excellent. Easily the best one I've ever played. Game world seems to have a lot balance to it, very detailed, almost every worker I can think of during this time period (and I can think of a lot!) is in...

I can't seem to find Bob Armstrong though which surprised me.

Just an all around great great mod.

BH, this mod is excellent. Easily the best one I've ever played. Game world seems to have a lot balance to it, very detailed, almost every worker I can think of during this time period (and I can think of a lot!) is in...

I can't seem to find Bob Armstrong though which surprised me.

Just an all around great great mod.

I have to agree with everything you said, this is one of the best mods I’ve played also. So much attention to detail and I love how every game area has not just the major companies of the time but the smaller ones too, along with the amount of workers that have been added it really makes for an interesting game world.

I may have overlooked this mod when it was released but I’ve made up for lost time in the past few weeks.

Thank you for the mod BurningHamster, Great work!

Oh man, Bob Armstrong ... yeah I forgot him. See, when I first made the data it was smaller and I left out older retired guys who were not so active. Then I decided to expand it and add those guys and I guess Bob Armstrong just slipped my mind while I was adding all the Tully Blanchards and Demolition type guys.

Oh and thankyou very much MattyC, I am a sucker for attention to detail and creating a really detailed gameworld was my main aim. I am happy it is appreciated. :)

For reasons that I can't explain, promotion loyalty has been turned on for all regions in my copy of the mod. I didn't realize this until after I had spent the last day simming to 2002, but the results were predictably bizarre. Since only a couple of the promotions in the United States are set to tour, promotion loyalty cripples the development of the younger stars and prevents their ability to build popularity in multiple regions, which, in turn, means that none of these workers would get called up to the big leagues even if they'd be willing to sign.

By 2000, Chavo Guerrero Jr. had a B- popularity in the Mid-Atlantic and was a nobody everywhere else. Jerry Sags was a two-time WCW champion. This is the nightmare dystopia brought to you by promotion loyalty.

For reasons that I can't explain, promotion loyalty has been turned on for all regions in my copy of the mod. I didn't realize this until after I had spent the last day simming to 2002, but the results were predictably bizarre. Since only a couple of the promotions in the United States are set to tour, promotion loyalty cripples the development of the younger stars and prevents their ability to build popularity in multiple regions, which, in turn, means that none of these workers would get called up to the big leagues even if they'd be willing to sign.

By 2000, Chavo Guerrero Jr. had a B- popularity in the Mid-Atlantic and was a nobody everywhere else. Jerry Sags was a two-time WCW champion. This is the nightmare dystopia brought to you by promotion loyalty.

That sounds like something that should be reported to Adam.

Wow, I just want to thank you so much for this mod. I was getting a little bored of my current Cornellverse game and thought to myself, "I'd love a mod set around 96 or 97. I wonder if one exists?" And it's sitting right there on the forums. I've never played real world mods much before (a little bit of DOTT years ago and that's about it) but I'm really loving this one. Thanks again!

Ah right you are, Justtxyank, got that back to front which is a little embarrassing considering I am quite the El Gigante fan.

And thanks for the feedback guys. Feel free to keep on saying nice things, spotting errors or letting me know what's going on in your game.

Are you a fan of Jeff Jarrett?

I've been running several sims and in the one I am looking at right now it is June 1997 and Jeff Jarrett is the WWF World Champion (beating The Undertaker at WM!!!!!) and USWA Unified Champion (beating Jerry Lawler)

Jeff Jarrett really is the king of the mountain!

Are you a fan of Jeff Jarrett?

I've been running several sims and in the one I am looking at right now it is June 1997 and Jeff Jarrett is the WWF World Champion (beating The Undertaker at WM!!!!!) and USWA Unified Champion (beating Jerry Lawler)

Jeff Jarrett really is the king of the mountain!

Haha never envisioned him rising that far but yeah, Jeff Jarrett may have lost his way a bit later but I always thought he was much better than given credit for. So good in Memphis, entertaining in WWF and hell, I still call people slapnutz from time to time which speaks volumes on my maturity.

Haha never envisioned him rising that far but yeah, Jeff Jarrett may have lost his way a bit later but I always thought he was much better than given credit for. So good in Memphis, entertaining in WWF and hell, I still call people slapnutz from time to time which speaks volumes on my maturity.

I think you've got most of his stats on point, but Jarrett's Star Quality seems really high.

I wouldn't even be opposed to bumping some of his other stats, but a 82 is high dont ya think?

Eh, I'm comfortable enough with 82. He always came across as a guy who while not superstar material (ie 90 plus) never looked out of place around the upper midcard of international sized promotions, had a decent aura of stardom about him.

If I ever had the patience to release another version (not sure how likely that is) I would probably go through star quality in a little more depth and balance things out a bit, lower a few guys, but I think for the most part I'm reasonably happy with his star power in relation to everyone elses in the mod.

Eh, I'm comfortable enough with 82. He always came across as a guy who while not superstar material (ie 90 plus) never looked out of place around the upper midcard of international sized promotions, had a decent aura of stardom about him.

If I ever had the patience to release another version (not sure how likely that is) I would probably go through star quality in a little more depth and balance things out a bit, lower a few guys, but I think for the most part I'm reasonably happy with his star power in relation to everyone elses in the mod.

yeah, going by that... it's not too bad. He's not SUPER overrated, still overrated lol, but not SUPER high, compared to everyone else.

To me, he's got alot less star power than say Jeff Hardy, who people seem to love. Of course, I may not be using the definition of the stat correctly.

Not trying to knock or nitpick the mod at all. I've played it, and enjoy it as I do many mods. I would for sure play it again, if anyone has a recent update at all?

I don't think he's overrated at all BH. Think you hit it on the head, just not used to seeing it. I think after Jarrett's feud with XPac people forgot how much heat he had (in the good bad way) He was over and was credible.

When he first jumped to WCW and feuded with guys like Benoit it was working.

People hold against him that Austin refused to work a program with him, that Vince Russo picked him to carry the ship when WCW started to sink, and that he made himself the main man in TNA. None of those things change the fact that in the WWF he was on the cusp of being a legit heel main eventer.

I also think people miss on his personality a lot. Dude was a company man. People forget that he jobbed to Chyna (A WOMAN) on his way out the door despite not having a WWF contract at the time.

People forget that he jobbed to Chyna (A WOMAN) on his way out the door despite not having a WWF contract at the time.

Ah yes, that incident... it's said that Vince Russo, whom we all know is good chaps with Jarrett, deliberately waited for that match to be held AFTER Jarret's contract expired, so that Jarrett could demand an extra ****load of cash from Vince in order to do the job.

So yeah, "company man" probably isn't the term I'd use in this particular case.

• 2 months later...
Just downloaded this and it looks amazing! Can't wait to start a 0/0/0/0 game. (I'm currently hooked on them in various mods.)

Keep me updated on how it goes, I tried to make this mod pretty friendly towards running 0/0/0/0 games but am yet to try one on it myself.

Archived