• 4 weeks later...
I've been playing BBCF for about a year and a half. It would be great if a new version would come out. Even a minor update or something. Something to let us know that there is at least the smallest chance of a new version coming out someday. I would pay double what I payed for the original.

• 1 month later...
I've been playing BBCF for about a year and a half. It would be great if a new version would come out. Even a minor update or something. Something to let us know that there is at least the smallest chance of a new version coming out someday. I would pay double what I payed for the original.

I am working on a game now. I will get more information out as I get closer to Beta.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I am working on a game now. I will get more information out as I get closer to Beta.

Hopefully it's a full update if were going to be charged full price and not just a tweak that we have to pay for. Because, unlike Sidolab I am NOT willing to pay double for it

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any chance you could tell us if it is another college football game or an update to BBCF?

Yes, this is a great question! I am considering purchasing Bowl Bound, but if there is a new game in the works, I'd rather save my money for that project. Any further info that you can give us on this new project, Arlie?

• 3 weeks later...

word today that Gridiron Glory will close their doors at the end of the upcoming season. The primary reason is a declining interest in owners to play a six year old program. This was the original online multiplayer league for BBCF and a flagship league that continually boasted over 90% ownership until recent years.

I must say I feel slightly betrayed that such a great game has seen lack of support from it's developer to keep up with the times and to let one of the great online communities fade into the past as the game continues to age, and we know software doesn't age gracefully.

• 4 weeks later...
Especially considering all the game needed was an update to make it current. That's not to say Arlie didn't have other projects or personal business but given the amount of time (years) and what little needed to be done I think it's a shame. Just a few tweaks here and there to update it and that'd have made the game relevant again. There is definitely a gaping hole in the market for a college football game, but no one has stepped to the plate besides Arlie w/BBCF.

Archived