Love from someone who's never bought the game

With all the speculation that's going on about what Adam's next game will be, I figured it'd be a good time to jump in the forum and sing praise of WS, even though the previous iterations have never quite convinced me to buy.

Sounds odd, right? A guy who hopes that WS3 will be the next game, even though he never bought the previous.

However, where I'm coming from with this is that I love the concept of WS, and while I haven't been overwhelmed with WS1 or 2, I wholey believe that the franchise has the potential to be even greater than TEW or WMMA, and the key is in its keyfabe nature.

Whereas WMMA and TEW have to adhere to some pretty strict guidelines, because of their sim nature, WS is much more free to take creative liberties, break reality, and approach things in a way completely different to either TEW or WMMA given how it works within a different set of rules to the real world.

While a match in WMMA/TEW is little more than a way to increase your popularity, in WS its a personal thing (and has the potential to be even more). While backstage conflict is an annoying speedbump to your management in TEW and angles are something to give your storylines heat, in WS both could be a whole game unto itself with you as the victim or antagonist. While relationships are a little footnote with modifiers in TEW, in WS... well, currently it's just blackjack, but it also COULD be a solid game component of forming alliances, carrying out favors, backstabbing, and pissing people off.

Point is: I may not have seen enough in the previous games to sway me, but I'm definitely looking forward to the future of it and hope WS3 happens sooner than later :)

(I'd also love to do the 9000-verse with custom movesets in it

;))

With all the speculation that's going on about what Adam's next game will be, I figured it'd be a good time to jump in the forum and sing praise of WS, even though the previous iterations have never quite convinced me to buy.

Sounds odd, right? A guy who hopes that WS3 will be the next game, even though he never bought the previous.

However, where I'm coming from with this is that I love the concept of WS, and while I haven't been overwhelmed with WS1 or 2, I wholey believe that the franchise has the potential to be even greater than TEW or WMMA, and the key is in its keyfabe nature.

Whereas WMMA and TEW have to adhere to some pretty strict guidelines, because of their sim nature, WS is much more free to take creative liberties, break reality, and approach things in a way completely different to either TEW or WMMA given how it works within a different set of rules to the real world.

While a match in WMMA/TEW is little more than a way to increase your popularity, in WS its a personal thing (and has the potential to be even more). While backstage conflict is an annoying speedbump to your management in TEW and angles are something to give your storylines heat, in WS both could be a whole game unto itself with you as the victim or antagonist. While relationships are a little footnote with modifiers in TEW, in WS... well, currently it's just blackjack, but it also COULD be a solid game component of forming alliances, carrying out favors, backstabbing, and pissing people off.

Point is: I may not have seen enough in the previous games to sway me, but I'm definitely looking forward to the future of it and hope WS3 happens sooner than later :)

(I'd also love to do the 9000-verse with custom movesets in it

;))

THis actually makes a lot of sense. And i totally agree. So let's hope WS3 is the next one to come. 1 and 2 are pretty old right now (let's face it, any kind of game gets old really fast) so, after these years, there's a lot of potential to WS3 and to what it can be. With all those new features we've seen in the newest WMMA and TEW sequels, can you imagine the things that could actually come with a WS sequel? Hell yeah! :cool:

• 2 months later...

Cool, I'll use this topic instead of making my own.

Downloaded both demos and then bought the 1&2 package. A bit of buyer's remorse, but that might be because these games came out a little before, say, TEW2010. *cough*

It's an interesting interface. Er, game, I guess, but I mean the ways that 1 and 2 are different. In 1, I can work for as many companies as I want (well, at least five, from my test). In 2, I adhere to the 3 max limit (which is fine). 1 has the spirit gauge; two doesn't. 2 has a (stupid, imo; rather, I'm annoyed with how difficult it is to make the relationship and that the payoff for failure is ~75% of what it costs to play) blackjack game for relationships. In 1...you just be nice?

On the surface, I like that 1 let's you talk to people for free. I also like that you learn from working/talking. Then again, I also like the buying of stats. So...I'd prefer a mix in WreSpi3. I'd like to be able to talk to people for free, but maybe...maybe beyond "friendship" you have a sort of minigame? Dunno.

The help file. That'swhat bugs me. The help file needs to be...helpful. Granted, yes, old game, fine. I'm talking about the hypothetical WreSpi3. Explain what each stat does for matches/out of matches. Will mat wrestling help my "technical" moves? Probably. What about psychology?

...?

Yeah ._.

That and give a blurb about "breaking" a move being technical (or based on the opponent's move), slipping being speed, or whatever it actually is. That way I can be intelligent.

Oh, and more of a comment ON THE CURRENT GAMES (sounded like a homophobe first draft) than anything, the PC can't be gay/lesbian. Or maybe they can, just as/with certain people?

Archived