I spent 13 damn years taking EFC from an insignificant nobody company into the premier somebody company in MMA. January 2011 hits and suddenly I find myself fired!? I checked my profile history and I had status drop and like three messages about competitive credibility. I never saw any messages like this in my email. Did I miss them or are they just not included?

If they aren't included then they should be because I had no idea I was on the outs with the company that I have belt. The game is saved and everything now too. Wow, talk about getting screwed over. Can't believe they fired me over something as petty as this.

<p>Wow that's weak! Just curious though, how did you not have enough competitive credibility? Do you just never check that screen? Once you get to like Midlevel international you have to have like 40-45%+ or you'll get penalties, but at that point it should be easy to sign any ranked fighter you need.</p><p> </p><p>

But I agree, if those warning messages aren't showing up in your inbox then that's a problem. I would suggest making a post about it in technical support honestly, seems like a bug.</p>

<p>I have always had credibility. Someone must have just retired or left or something and I didn't know. I hadn't checked that actual screen for in months because I always had it covered. I got us up to mid level international in three markets and then a few months after I hit high international we fell back down and I got the boot. </p><p> </p><p>

I had no idea my job was in jeopardy. If I knew I was going to possibly get fired for whatever reason I would have done something.</p>

<p>wow that sux.. thx for the heads up..</p><p> </p><p>

competitive credibility is something i am REALLY struggling with.. as XCC i run 5 divisions, 2 woment, then feather, light, welter, and i am finding it damn near impossible to get guys up to that lvl.</p><p> </p><p>

in my game world, mid 2007, there are only SEVEN fighters who have low lvl international (my current lvl) name value in the whole game that are American. Of those 7, 3 fit into my weight classes, 2 are 37+ and i have no interest in signing! (13 total fighters have low lvl international name value in US in total) and.. none are regens! </p><p> </p><p>

i have limited my company lvl to low lvl international as i know i will really struggle if i go up. Fighter reputation/name value just doesnt seem to grow quickly enough at the high lvls to keep up with the company, and when a fighter has a loss their rep dies in the ass so quick.</p><p> </p><p>

I think half the problem is that the changes made in the lower level feds to stop fighters outgrowing the smaller companies, means that it takes forever to get fighters up to a lvl where they can have an impacti in a national lvl</p>

<p>Yea, I screwed up and should have done that. I thought at first, that it might be fun knowing I could lose my job but now I am so damn established, I thought I had a contract for life. I seriously built that company from nothing. I never thought I would get let go like this. </p><p> </p><p>

It really bothers me because I had a lot of plans I was about to execute. The CPU booker is also already screwing up my fighters by booking guys I was pushing into matches that are over their heads.</p>

How long were you at high level international? I suspect you got fired for falling in size and not for lacking competitive credibility. As so far I've never fallen in size I'm not sure how it works in WMMA3 but maybe someone else can comment on it.

I agree that there should be some warning but I also can see the logic behind it. Imagine you are the owner of a company and it was built up to a point where it had a global image and makes x million per year. All of the sudden your image takes a hit and your revenue dips. Would you just say "Hey, we're making more than were were 10 years ago" or would you say "I want someone that can get us back to that global image and maintain and build upon it"? I can see the logic behind it. Maybe the game should just give you more warning...

I hope this doesn't come off as me being a douche bag buuuut....

I kinda seems like a case of "I lost at the game, now I want this changed because I don't like the way I lost at the game".

For me, the whole point of being an International company is that you're afforded the luxury of not having to micro-managing your finances. At the same time, you need to start micro-managing your competitive credibility and superstar building etc; things you don't necessarily need to worry about as a Regional promotion.

I agree that there should be some warning but I also can see the logic behind it. Imagine you are the owner of a company and it was built up to a point where it had a global image and makes x million per year. All of the sudden your image takes a hit and your revenue dips. Would you just say "Hey, we're making more than were were 10 years ago" or would you say "I want someone that can get us back to that global image and maintain and build upon it"? I can see the logic behind it. Maybe the game should just give you more warning...

That doesn't really wash, though. When you fall on bad times after thirteen years of constant growth, you don't just ditch the guy who brought you to the dance all of a sudden. I do think that the game should do a better job of warning you about this. It's pretty harsh to have all that work go to waste because of a design flaw in the game.

Yea, the thing is, I'm not really sure what went wrong. I'm guessing I either didn't have enough fighters from the different races as stars or it's because the popularity drop. I had the most talented company in the game by far. We pretty much put the featherweight division on the map. I owned most of the big names but kept a healthy number in other companies for the sake of competition and fun.

Now I capped my popularity at mid level international because I wanted to build up the US. Canada, and Mexico to the same level. I did that for months and when they were all maxed, I took off the cap. We had two events, we dropped back down to Mid level and I got canned.

No company has even managed to stay consistent at International and the EFC was far more popular than any others.

Looking back I just noticed that the competitive credibility has gone WAY up. I don;t know what prompts this but it seems to be getting out of hand. I just checked my old companies rating and I saw this.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6144/credq.jpg

What is an acceptable percentage then? 40? 45? 50? That seems like a lot. there are many companies in my game, I can't own 50% of all the ranked fighters and expect to play in a competitive world. I pretty much had 70% of all the ranked FW's anyway. Something seems unnatural.

Well here we go.

Competitive Credibility

Competitive Credibility, shown in Your Office or via any company’s profile, is a measure of the quality of the company’s roster. It is based on the number of ranked fighters the company has. The calculation is done by assigning a points value to each position (for example, the number one rated fighter in a weight class might be worth 50 points, number two is worth 40, etc) and counting what percentage of the points the company has compared to what is possible. Therefore, having the #1 rated fighter on your roster is more valuable than having numbers #22 and #23.

Only the weight classes that the company runs are eligible to be examined, and only companies with at least one eligible weight class and who are at a minimum of National level are ranked. It should also be noted that if the company runs weight classes that straddle two or more of the default classes then it is exempt from analysis (for example, a 180lb to 190lb weight class would cover both the Middleweight and Light Heavyweight classes and so be exempt).

The bigger the company, the higher the percentage they need to achieve, to a maximum of 40% for a High Level International. Failing to achieve the target will result in popularity penalties every time the company runs a show; therefore, it is prudent to try and sign (or create) ranked fighters as often as possible.

So it appears that the bar may have been 40% I didn't know that that would continue to rise as high as it did. I was always well within the numbers. I think a warning should be sent out to presidents who are falling under this goal because by the time you get to where I was, a lot of people aren't thinking about that.I had just recently had the P4P fighter suffer a bad loss too so I am sure that hurt me quite a bit.

Hopefully I can get my job back before the new booker turns everything to hell.

That doesn't really wash, though. When you fall on bad times after thirteen years of constant growth, you don't just ditch the guy who brought you to the dance all of a sudden. I do think that the game should do a better job of warning you about this. It's pretty harsh to have all that work go to waste because of a design flaw in the game.

Really? Is that what happened to Jeff Fisher in Tennessee?

What is an acceptable percentage then? 40? 45? 50? That seems like a lot. there are many companies in my game, I can't own 50% of all the ranked fighters and expect to play in a competitive world. I pretty much had 70% of all the ranked FW's anyway. Something seems unnatural.

Not neccessarily. Look at the UFC. They have 5-8 of the Top 10 at every weight class and probably at least half of the Top 25.

Archived