USPW: The Great American Spectacle!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/AmericanWrestling/USPW.jpg

Episode #1

Huntsville Fairgrounds (South East)

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/EVexperience/flag_banner2.jpg

Alicia Strong vs. Belle Bryden vs. Cherry Bomb
[#1 Contender Match: USPW Women’s Championship]

"American Wrestling" will open a brand new year in a hotly contested fashion; as Alicia Strong, Belle Bryden, and Cherry Bomb, all compete for the right to challenge Raven Robinson, at a later date, for the USPW Womens Championship! With so much hanging in the balance, you better believe that these three lovely ladies will bring everything they’ve got to the squared circle; hoping that this Wednesday will mark the beginning of a ‘golden journey’!

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

With the highly publicized demotion of Mr. Sneer hovering overhead, one could expect Anger to enter into “American Wrestling” with a disgruntled tone; carrying the weight of the wounded Sneer Corporation in the process. In the end; however, the ‘Ancient Demon’ must find a way to keep his focus; for, across the ring, Nicky Champion stands!

OPEN CHALLENGE: Peter Valentine vs. ?????

After continually expressing his inflated vision of himself, “The Greatest of All-Time” Peter Valentine appears to be dedicated to proving his own tag-line to be true with a long-standing challenge to those, as he puts it, ‘stupid enough to test pure greatness!’ Whether or not his stance is valid, one thing is for sure… The controversial National Champion will do whatever it takes to prove that he is one of the absolute greats.

Chris Caulfield vs. Giant Redwood

After warring with, arguably, the most recognizable giant in Wrestling History, Chris Caulfield has set his sights on another towering big man in which to prove a point; that being that he’s simply unafraid of anything. From one giant to the next, Can the “Hardcore American” overcome the overpowering grip of another malicious manbeast? – OR – will the towering Redwood crush another victim in his wake?

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

[Non-Title Match]

If this main event is any example of what to expect in 2010, then hold onto your britches USPW fans; we’re all in for a crazy ride! With their most recent outburst coming earlier in the day during an official company press conference, Enygma and Tyson Baine will square off in a non-title match-up that could, potentially, shake this great program to it’s knees! In the end, given their obvious aggression with one another, the real question shouldn’t be WHO will win? Rather, who can survive?

Also.....

In what has become tradition recently, the Wrestling LEGEND, and owner of USPW,
Sam Strong
will officially address the ‘USPW Nation’ with his much celebrated
‘State of the Union’ speech
; documenting the organizational health of the company he proudly owns. What does he believe to be the company’s strengths? Weaknesses? And the million-dollar question… Where will USPW go from here? All of this, and much more, will be touched upon this week on “American Wrestling”.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/AmericanWrestling/Legends.jpg

<hr color="black">
"American Wrestling": Episode #1

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

Peter Valentine vs. ?????

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice logo, my friend ;):D EV and USPW seems an odd combination, but I'll be looking forward to seeing how you tackle one of my favourite promotions.

I must say that the last post in particular, was very clever. Having Erik Vincent as yourself is a great idea, and one that works because of your previous diaries. That USPW is comedy-fuelled seems to be a common misconception so I'm glad you've seen to that, and your analogy of an early 90s WWF is exactly the way I see it (and ran the promotion in BfPT). You need some outlandish gimmicks and useless big men held together by a number of talented, if undervalued, workers. :p

Oh, and every USPW needs The Oracles of Destruction. Soon. And Anaconda.

Normally I'd go for Belle but Cherry featured prominently in the last post.

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

Easy start to the year for the future of USPW.

Peter Valentine is the man. Okay, maybe he's not but he would get a push in USPW despite his failings.

Chris Caulfield might just save this match from being a disaster, but it isn't a guarantee! Giant Redwood can definitely be useful, but not at the expense of the Hardcore American. Mark my words, either during or after the match Caulfield will be on the receiving end of a Bruce the Giant special.

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

Draw. Non-title usually favours the challenger, but I can't see Baine winning here and losing at PPV so soon (which I am fully expecting). Equally, a clean win by Enygma wouldn't be very good for Baine's aura of nastiness. I can see an Enygma count out/DQ happening, but I'll pull for a draw just to be awkward.

Maybe you can sway my interest in the women's division.

Anger vs. vs. Nicky Champ

Keep Nicky STRONG~!

Peter Valentinevs. ?????

Keep Peter strong...yay

Hate Redwood always and forever.

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

Draw with Baine getting the upper hand by being...Baine :D.

Cherry Bomb EXPLODES into the title match.

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

Anger has a small chance, but, well, not really.

Normally, I don't bet against Mr. Squiggles but this time? I just can't help myself.

He's in a battle for the top contender spot.

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

Non title favors the challenger. Post match, Baine viciously assaults Enygma again.

Alicia Strong vs. Belle Bryden vs. Cherry Bomb- I know what everyone is saying about Cherry being heavily involved with the last segment, but I think it's a little too straight forward. I take Alicia getting the win to become No. 1 contender, with Cherry losing it because she'd been "promised".

Anger vs. Nicky Champion- I'll stick with the grove on this. Champion is the future, Anger is... Well... Not

Peter Valentine vs. ????? - *Shudders at the thought of Peter Valentine wrestling* Still I suppose he has to; he is Sam Strong's boy. And that is why he'll win.

Chris Caulfield vs. Giant Redwood - Build Chris up as the Giant Killer and then have him killed by Bruce... Makes sense, works and sets up Bruce Vs Enygma as the next fued.

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine - I'll go with a no contest, both men just trying to destroy each other leading to some kind of no holds barred, last man standing type match at the Pay Per View.

For her part in the press conference

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

No question IMO

I always have hope the USPW originals get a bit of love before all the great signings come in and unless this is Henry Lee, I'll stick by my prediction

easy until Bruce's post match or during match attack

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

When I cn't choose I go draw

Oh, and every USPW needs The Oracles of Destruction.

Only reason I ever sign MM Cahill is to make him and Bouncer: Zeus and Ares, the fun they had in my version of DOA and my PSW (as well as many created promotions) is matched only by Prof. Sterns success in my first ever 2010 USPW game.

The surname is all she needs. Fortunately she also has some talent to accompany this.

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

Got to love some NC

I don't want to overstate my displeasure of Valentine but if he should die in a car crash because of cut brakes, I would be the first one they question.

See my thoughts on Valentine

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

I have a soft spot for the big lad

I too have concerns that this will suddenly end abrubtly because you're no longer feeling it, but your proven track record as a writer (despite all the aborted diaries with a plethora of unconcluded feuds) has lured me back in once again. I'm saying this because I care for your work, and would love to see you at least see a feud through to it's conclusion. :p

At this stage, all three are credible enough to challenge for the belt. Three-sided coin toss.

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

Anger's got to be pretty close to hanging them up, and Champion's being billed as the 'future' of USPW.

First challenger in these open challenges rarely wins, reckon this will be some total jobber like Ben Williams or Bob Casey...and yeah that match will bring a stinky grade, but your diaries have never been about chasing grades.

Redwood's backstage power has been on the wane in recent USPW times and Caulfield's around the main event, so even if that no talent hack Redwood wanted to weasle his way to a win, he has little chance of doing so here.

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

I'll go for this ending in a chaotic schmozz draw

Although I'm still recovering from shock, I guess I'll post for this. After all, I'm a huge USPW fan...don't screw anything up with it, Eisen-verse! You're dark, hardcore-loving self better not taint that good ol' family-friendly promotion way down South! I'm warnin' ya, boy...

Boom! Big press conference meltdown sets Cherry Bomb up for a win here. Can't be Strong, because the title match would be face vs. face. Hmmm...maybe a bubbling Strong vs. Bryden feud while Bomb and Raven battle for the belt?

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

The only thing Anger should be winning is the "Who's gonna retire from the active roster first?" contest.

Even with my huge hatred for this piece of junk, you seem to be setting him up for a run here.

"Now that's Hardcore!"

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

Non-title win for the monstrous challenger.

Comments, Concerns, my words....

So, I know there has been a wide range of emotions over my recent decision to jump to USPW. With that said, I wanted to write a short little 'info' post in which to give you an idea into it all. Here we go:

Why USPW? You're a hardcore, gritty, guy.

While this has been true for quite some time, that's exactly why I have decided to work with USPW. I've been booking, in a sense, the same product ever since my first Greed dynasty with PSW. From there, DOA, 4C, and even a project I had in mind recently, have all been under that same tone. To be honest, I think that's why I became rather blazay lately; not really inspired to write all that much. I have worked with the same characters, the same approach, for quite some time now (some 2 years probably); so, I felt it was time to really open a new chapter for myself as a GDS-writer. With a new user character, Erik Vincent, who ties in my past; however, makes way for a new tomorrow, I have come to the point where USPW was the perfect choice.

New characters, new storyline possibilities, new, more fun, writing style; that's USPW for me. For the first time in awhile, I actually find myself excited to tell the stories that I have in mind. They may not be ground-breaking, or really have any subtle flavors too them (as it's USPW), but they will certainly be fun from a traditional wrestling standpoint. More or less, I'm going to create characters, and storylines, more in-line with wrestling for the first time; versus DOA which was more of a movie-esque kind of approach.

The overall product will feel more like WWF of the early 90's. I don't plan on implementing a gritty, hardcore, nature as I actually want to distance myself from that. In this case, with USPW, I'm more focused on delivering a more colorful product centered around the traditional approach to Pro Wrestling. Also, with this in mind, as I've said to Angeldelayette, I plan on keeping the status structure pretty legit straight away. So, no jobbing out Valentine, Redwood, etc., just for the sakes of pulling in the 'new wave' of guys I want over. With time, sure, I'll have my pet projects but I won't be completely overhauling anything right away.

I can't get into it; You change too much.

That's fair. I know, in 2010, I probably lost some readers over time; given my jumping around. I'm not going to apologize for it; only because, in the end, this is all a game to us. I understand that, those who like my work, really want to see some depth to everything (Tigerkinney most recently) and for that I truly understand as well. It is always my focus to create a great program but I tend to find myself getting lost in the past as I feel I was starting to grow tired of the situation I spoke of above.

If you don't want to play a part early then I understand; watch from afar & only chime in after you've seen a few shows. I totally don't mind at all. All in all, I know this one will have a better shelf life as I'm now coming at this dynasty thing as a hobby versus an obsession. While the 'obsession' probably made me recognized here, I now know that longevity comes with being able to distance yourself from time to time. In the end, I hope to do a better job with that.

Cheers.

E-V

All in all, I know this one will have a better shelf life as I'm now coming at this dynasty thing as a hobby versus an obsession. While the 'obsession' probably made me recognized here, I now know that longevity comes with being able to distance yourself from time to time. In the end, I hope to do a better job with that.

Cheers.

E-V

That right there is what I have had to learn the hard way. The differences between an obsession and a hobby when it comes to the diary writing. That will make all the difference, I believe. You know you have my full support in anything that I can help you with. I am only a pm away. Maybe we'll see a return of A View From A Hawk's Eye. ;)

That right there is what I have had to learn the hard way. The differences between an obsession and a hobby when it comes to the diary writing. That will make all the difference, I believe. You know you have my full support in anything that I can help you with. I am only a pm away. Maybe we'll see a return of A View From A Hawk's Eye. ;)

What angeldelayette said. Need any help with regards to your diary feel free to shoot me a pm.

You hit the nail on the head. Diary writing should be fun. When it becomes an obsession you are on a one way street to losing interest in a hurry. I found that out with my WMMA2 diary. I felt like I had to post a show by a certain day rather than wanting to post a show and keeping things going. When I feel like I have to do something I automatically lose a degree of interest in whatever that may be. That may say more about me as a person but from the sounds of it at least I'm not the only one.

Anyway, my point is enjoy yourself and I'm here if you need any help. :)

Amen and amen. Preach it!

This should be fun, not a chore. If you need to take a break for a few weeks, you should be able to without any grumbling or complaining from some obsessed readers. Take NoNeck's PWC dynasty for example. Guy doesn't post daily, or sometimes even weekly...but it constantly is viewed as one of the best ones on the boards. It's about quality of work, not quantity of posts in a span of time.

Sometimes I have to take a break and just recharge, trying not to burn myself out. I have this terrible feeling I might do that someday...and I don't wanna lose KANZEN!

Oh, and, E-V...if you want to jump to another idea, go ahead. The creativity and ideas you have are mind-blowing...I'll follow them all, no matter the lifespan. Why? Because of the quality of the dynasty. It's all that matters.

Hours before "American Wrestling": Episode #1

... "Enter Sam-man" ...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Wrestlers/SamStrong.jpghttp://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Wrestlers/ErikVincent_alt1.jpg

A private meeting with THE Legend; my Boss

“You did good, Kid.”

His burly, yet robust, tone resonates from across the table; commanding your entire focus in the process. While I am but an outsider to this industry, I know exactly who this man is. It’s in the way his intense stare often forces you into a weakened state, his grizzled, Chicago-esque, mug tells of a man who has ‘seen it all’, and his immense frame speaks of one who continually challenges ‘mother time’ with a level of grit unseen. He is the physical personification of an ‘Alpha American’; a blue-collar, tough-as-nails, no-nonsense, tough man with a underlying love for the dramatic.

There could be no one better to lead such a company as United States Pro Wrestling. He
IS
the hardened hero of American Professional Wrestling!

“Thank you, Mr. Strong. I think we’ve done enough to add a little flare leading into ‘American Wrestling’.”

He nods slowly; seemingly agreeing with me.

Following a deep inhale through his nose, the Wrestling Legend is heard interjecting once again; his voice practically resonating to my core through the means of his bear-like tone.

“You think? Well, damn, boy. I didn’t hire you to ‘think’… I hired you to do!”

I’m jolted backward slightly; not necessarily expecting such a statement to be made. With that said, I should have known that my floundering projection would be ‘shot from the sky’. The one thing that Shane [sneer] told me on day one was…

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Angles/ShaneSneer.jpg

“Never appear weak with Sam. He likes strength; conviction. If you give him anything otherwise then he’ll probably eat you for supper.”

I was fortunate to have Shane in my ear; helping me through this uphill battle known as the ‘regime change’ to many outside of these walls. While we had done everything in our power to create the image that Shane was ‘forced out of his position’, that certainly wasn’t the case. In reality, Mr. Sneer was starting to show minimal signs of a decline in health; most likely stemming from his position as Sam’s ‘right hand man’. With that in mind, there are some who say that he [shane Sneer] is silently overjoyed by the recent demotion; thankfully breathing for the first time in years. Luckily, for me, he was acting much like a mentor; showing me the ropes… Informing me about how things run here.

Re-claiming my memory of what Shane had said previously about Sam’s impatience with those who appear less than strong, I quickly interject in which to mask my growing anxiety; doing my best to seem as calm, and collected, on the outside.

With a simple shift of my weight, moving to the other side of my chair, I stand as much like a roman general as I can; matching Sam’s stature as best possible.

“No, you didn't hire me to ‘think’. You hired me to take USPW straight to the top and that’s exactly what I am going to do; starting tonight!”

Another slow building nod comes from the grizzled tough-guy before me; even cracking a small smirk in the process (although hard to see due to his bushy, steel-wool-like, mustache). At this point, it all became very real to me. Here I was, a lifelong wrestling fan, now seated before, quite possibly, the most recognizable wrestling Legend this industry has ever seen. Instead of asking him for his autograph; however, I was here to lead his company into the ‘promise land’; a fact that I hope, good god I hope, I can carry out.

“Good answer. Let’s crush some heads…”

With that slightly ambiguous statement, our general conversation comes to a close. As it stands now, we’re only a few hours away from taping “American Wrestling”; the very first program of my tenure. In the end, all I can hope for is a well-received response. Asking for too much? Possibly; as it’ll take some time to actually get into the ‘grooves’ of this position. That said, a company like UPSW, and under a leader like Sam Strong, I don’t believe I really have that much of a window to ‘learn on the job’.

It’s sink-or-swim…

… and it just so happens …

I’m a dynamite swimmer.

<hr color="black">
What we learned
:

I wanted to create this backstory moment in which to better portray the basic framework that I'm using for Sam Strong:
"The Alpha American"
. In my mind, especially with jhd1's great alt render of him that I'm using, Strong just seems like a hardened, tough-as-nails, no-nonsense, burly figure; one that you would think of when you envision an aged Chicagoan. In the end, I plan on using the same mentality when it comes to his in-ring character; however, only slightly more dramatic. More or less, I absolutely love the idea of Sam Strong as exactly that.... a 'Strong' Figure.
"American Wrestling": Episode #1

Anger vs. Nicky Champion

Enygma vs. Tyson Baine

OOC: I'm about halfway through writing the first episode of "American Wrestling". Unlike in previous projects, I don't really have a day in which to 'look for it'; however, I may post something a little closer in which to give a 24 hour warning.

<hr color="black">

Amen and amen. Preach it!

This should be fun, not a chore. If you need to take a break for a few weeks, you should be able to without any grumbling or complaining from some obsessed readers. Take NoNeck's PWC dynasty for example. Guy doesn't post daily, or sometimes even weekly...but it constantly is viewed as one of the best ones on the boards. It's about quality of work, not quantity of posts in a span of time.

Sometimes I have to take a break and just recharge, trying not to burn myself out. I have this terrible feeling I might do that someday...and I don't wanna lose KANZEN!

Oh, and, E-V...if you want to jump to another idea, go ahead. The creativity and ideas you have are mind-blowing...I'll follow them all, no matter the lifespan. Why? Because of the quality of the dynasty. It's all that matters.

Thank you, Levitical.

That's been my focus for some time now; creating quality over quantity. Sadly, with my last few projects, I found myself biting off more than I can chew while creating too much in which to focus upon. That said, I've given this project a more 'throwback' feeling (ie: first person insight, shorter show write-ups, and a more basic template than before).

Burning out is something that happens to us all. In my case, I burned out long ago; however, still attempted to put my head down & find something that would inspire vs. taking a break for a bit. This only left me with a momentary thought of brief excitement only to be unhappy once the 'fresh car smell' wore off. This time around, I decided to take a good month off. During this time I actually contemplated never coming back; quite a bit actually. At one point, I felt it was best to just walk away; to put GDS in the back mirror so that I could focus on some other things. In the end, I found myself gravitating back and, in the end, settled in on USPW due to it's 'newness' to me.

All in all, as I've said before, this project may not move as fast as my others (or maybe it will at first). When I started writing diaries I was still in college & doing a pretty good job of making time for myself. Now, I'm working full-time, have a wife, and am trying to map out our immediate future. That said, this has become a 'hobby' now; a good one at that.

USPW works perfectly for me as a 'hobby' project; as it's more light-hearted in a way. My version, after looking at the product, may be more pride-based, more hardened wrestling, but it will still keep all the same ideas that USPW is known for (comedy, crazy characters, exciting moments).

Out of all of this, I was attempting to say thank you. ha. I guess I had more in mind when I started to write.

Cheers.

E-V

Archived