WWF 1989: Sports Entertainment Comes Alive

Virgil vs. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jake Roberts vs. a manager (more or less). Jake.

Mr. Perfect vs. 'The Birdman' Koko B. Ware

As Beejus said, the PERFECT squash.

'The Canadian Strongman' Dino Bravo vs. 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

I could be wrong, but all I remember Dino for (granted, I missed all his stuff from pre-86 or so) is following Earthquake around. I'll go with the Hacksaw.

Bad News Brown vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper

I dont see Bad News going over Roody since he didn't go over Jake.

'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson vs. 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes

I really love Arn, but right now he's a tag guy with Tully, and I dont see it changing soon. Dusty keeps some credibility going over Arn.

'The Model' Rick Martel and the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. Tito Santana and the Hart Foundation

Martel always went over Chico.

'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase and 'The Human Wrecking Machine' Zeus vs. 'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan and Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake

Zeus almost gets DQed, Ted flashes the money, then gets the win.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'The Model' Rick Martel and the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. Tito Santana and the Hart Foundation

'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase and 'The Human Wrecking Machine' Zeus vs. 'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan and Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake

WWF PRIME TIME WRESTLING

Monday Week 3 September 1989

I'm hoping for a big Bravo push! The Canadian Strongman vs. The Real American!!!

Punch, kick, short clothesline & DDT. Unleash Damian - Game over!

Koko's a good JTTS to have around hopefully he'll be rewarded with a small push down the line but for the moment he's going to be doing a lot of staring at the ceiling!

This is a toughie. Could go either way and can see the logic in both getting the win but I think Jimmy Hart shennanigans could lead to a Duggan loss and a return match at the PPV

I too would like to see Bad News get a bit of a push but he's punching above his weight here at the minute!

Neat match and a great teaser for a potential Dusty/Tully clash too! I fancy Anderson to steal the win through Blanchard's interference prompting a Demolition save.

Tito's trading up from The Rockers to the Hart Foundation! The presence of the Rougeaus brings a touch of jobberness to proceedings and let's Tito get a morale boosting win before losing out to Martel in the long term.

Logical thing here is for Brutus to eat the pinfall and help keep the monster strong for Hogan.

Thanks for the predictions and comments so far everyone. I really appreciate reading them. Just wanted to let everyone know that this one is far from dead. However, I am looking at doing a bit of a revamping and retooling of things so look for that in the days and weeks ahead with some help from a friend.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright wrestling fans I'm just gonna come out and be brutally honest. I suck. It has been said that generally people really enjoy the Cornellverse or they enjoy the real world in these games. It's rare for a person to really do both. I thought I could be one of those rare people but apparently I cannot. The real world just doesn't seem to keep a sustained fire in my belly like the Cornellverse does. So with that being said, I am doing what everyone probably either dreaded or figured would happen. I'm closing shop on the real world end of things. I just don't find it as exciting to rewrite the history as it is within my mind. I have had really only one sustained real world diary. So it's back to the Cornellverse and my USPW side of things. Sorry to everyone who has been keeping up with things here.

Archived