FMA Videos Presents

Astil

QWOP is a very addictive game. It is easily one of my favorite flash games. It is a flash game, so you guys could just do a quickie. You have to check it out.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The memories. They burn. QWOP is the worst game known to man! Why did you have to bring it up? :mad::p

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you looked into Vimeo? I don't think they have a time limit.

They have a 500 Mb per week limit (and one HD video upload per week), but no time limit (that I'm aware of).

Also, I might do a Let's Play run soon. I've been looking into good screen-capping programs so I can play ROM dumps (of games I own) on emulators on PC. I think I found a decent one.

I can take requests... :p I have LOTS of Genesis, Game Boy, N64, and PC games. (Other systems too, but with smaller libraries.)

They have a 500 Mb per week limit (and one HD video upload per week), but no time limit (that I'm aware of).

Vimeo is actually against LPs and I believe anything video game related. They'll delete your account as well.

:eek:

That's terrible! Any reason why?

I think because their website wants professional videos. They allow game developers to post stuff for their games and they allow Machinimas. They're looking for the story aspect/professional business kinda of stuff.

I think because their website wants professional videos. They allow game developers to post stuff for their games and they allow Machinimas. They're looking for the story aspect/professional business kinda of stuff.

That's dumb. They're losing out on a growing market.

Also, I might do a Let's Play run soon. I've been looking into good screen-capping programs so I can play ROM dumps (of games I own) on emulators on PC. I think I found a decent one.

I can take requests... :p I have LOTS of Genesis, Game Boy, N64, and PC games. (Other systems too, but with smaller libraries.)

What programs have you been looking at if you don't mind me asking?

BAHAHA! Line of the year right there folks.

But seriously. QWOP.

Or some wrestling ones. Like No Mercy 64, WCW/nWo World Tour, and WCW/nWo(Or WCW) Revenge on the Nintendo 64.

T-40 already did WCW/nWo World Tour.

Im going to steal enough of there jokes, I dont want to steal there material as well.

What programs have you been looking at if you don't mind me asking?

Well, it turns out my best bet is Fraps. I can't feasibly record long lengths of video in full-size over 30 FPS because it doesn't compress the video (30 FPS, 1440x900 full screen video records at about 1GB per minute), but at half-size at 30 FPS, I was getting 0.7 GB per minute (which is acceptable if I make sure to encode the video right when I'm done recording it).

XFire works nicely and doesn't make massive files (and it's free), but I couldn't for the life of me get it to recognize Civ V being open.

Camtasia Studio is beautiful and crisp, but it WON'T record any games I try to record. It either records a black screen or just my desktop as if my game isn't even running (despite my cursor being the same as in the game).

CamStudio used to work for me, but I can't get it to recognize my system's sound.

For recording an emulator, I can probably use Camtasia for the best quality (because it isn't a full-screen DirectX sort of thing), but it's a million zillion dollars. Fraps is somewhat affordable.

My favorite Lets Plays are X-Com.

Of course, thats more of screen shot thing than video.

Also, all the soldiers have to be named after board members. That way the narative is like "Wrestling Century iced three Cyber Discs and a Reaper chewed Astil's leg off."

Okay...that was only kind of on topic. But thats me.

Guest Inadvertant
My favorite Lets Plays are X-Com.

Of course, thats more of screen shot thing than video.

Also, all the soldiers have to be named after board members. That way the narative is like "Wrestling Century iced three Cyber Discs and a Reaper chewed Astil's leg off."

Okay...that was only kind of on topic. But thats me.

I'm waiting for the new X-Com to come out on 360/PC/PS3 :D (I know it's different from the rest of the series, but it look sweet!)

Though, maybe I should get he original X-Com games again; been forever >.<

I'm glad I'm not the only one to enjoy Tipping Forties. I love their Goldeneye and Mario Party.

Freelance Astronauts are amazing when they have Diabetus. :p

Diabetus is awesome, but he's better in the vid I watched when a gentlemen named Protius? Was with him.

Diabetus is in a bunch of the videos for my favorite lP. I'm a huge old school Metroid fan. (after super metroid you lose me) so when Drewseph redid Super Metroid I had to watch it.

Did I mention I <3 Rom hacks.

Astil, suggestion,...Super Metroid Redesign. :D

Archived