Beginning of MMA Reboot

Glad you're enjoying it! I have a v4 that I have been tweaking while I play out the original. Eventually I will release that (though no promises as to when). I am curious as to what changes you have made? I may incorporate some in v4...

I tweaked it so that ALPHA-1 and ISL would be the starting companies with GAMMA coming in a little later (as I always imagined it, because I believe that's the way it is in the default data) and to make that work I also had some Japanese fighters debut a little earlier so the rosters wouldn't be completely made up by Gaijins.

And I turned Robun Yamazaki into a slightly better fighter and a much bigger star from the get-go - again, simply because I always imagined him to be ALPHA-1's first big star.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is it by design that none of the fighters have written profiles in this mod?

Yes. Much too much work to go back and re-write it for everyone.

Also, is it best to have regeneration on or off for the first few years of this mod, while there are still fighters left to debut?

I leave regens off until the fighter pool starts to decay. Many years down the road. Although, personal preference may dictate otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes. Much too much work to go back and re-write it for everyone.

That's too bad. I find the game lacks a lot of flavour without the writeups.

A lot of them are generic enough that they wouldn't need to be rewritten, right? Or at least could just have certain things taken out, but leave the general stuff?

No easy way to add these back in my game, would there be ? I wish there was a way to just type into the profile field while in the game ... Would be much easier to add them this way rather than having to go into the editor to do so.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived