Has anyone ever gotten an SWF brand split to actually work?

I notice that when playing with no split, I leave a lot of main event and upper midcard guys off the card but when I do a split I have problems filling the show.

Anyone got a good medium? If so, how'd you do it, who'd you sign, push, etc?

I dont know how it would actually work but this is the theory.

Champs can go on each show.

Put your top 2 feuds on different brands

Evenly distribute teams upon brands (alignment and push)

Split some of the midcard.

And the rest Id let the game do randomly

Has anyone ever gotten an SWF brand split to actually work?

I notice that when playing with no split, I leave a lot of main event and upper midcard guys off the card but when I do a split I have problems filling the show.

Anyone got a good medium? If so, how'd you do it, who'd you sign, push, etc?

I have on with USPW, but I just have a huge roster with loads of over guys. I suggest getting guys REALLY over and then signing some lower down indies before making the split I think you have to be able to have at least 6-8 guys who can be relied on for good matches on either brand.

I had it work on my Gen-S game on 08. Basically, don't do the split until you quite literally need to.

This.

I went for a brand split too early and ended up axing it within about six months. I've just done a full brand split again but I've eased into it. I ran with a major/minor split first, then added another minor (women's brand) and have just bumped it to a full on three-way split. The women's brand is the toughest to keep at the required level but it generally gets a B, while the other two brands regularly crank out B+ or higher.

Gives you time to get enough guys over enough that you can carry each/every brand. I'm still sorting out the midcard and below (choosing who stays and who goes to development for a bit).

It helps to remember the reason that WWE went with a split in the first place: They put their main competition out of business, and then were left with a humongous roster after the WCW buyout. If you're not the only game in town for guys with D+ or above popularity, why are you even trying to do a brand split?

It helps to remember the reason that WWE went with a split in the first place: They put their main competition out of business, and then were left with a humongous roster after the WCW buyout. If you're not the only game in town for guys with D+ or above popularity, why are you even trying to do a brand split?

Because I signed about a bajillion people as TCW and stuck them in a development fed I made, one day I will actually want to use said talent XD

I'll probably get a 'B' Show and make them their own seperate brand, and when I get people over enough to have two 'A' Show brands, have a three-way split, with my two 'A' Shows having their own brand and then the 'B' Show being a brand of people I want to move from development to booking myself, I'll probably use my 'B' Show as a way to get new tag teams I form some tag team experience or something.

I can skip having storylines on my 'B' Show and just focus on getting guys exposure in the best possible matches I can get them in while trying to get them over enough to be showcased on my 'A' Brands and being in storylines. This works better because I'm TCW , which is a work-rate first promotion anyways, but I did change the product to be equal Pop and Performance and 80% split, so I have about 24 minutes of angles in my 2hr shows.

Even when being rated on performance and popularity equally, doesn't stop The Machines vs New Wave outperforming Rocky Golden's title defense vs Sammy Bach, I guess the main reason would be Tag Team experience? B- for Machines and A* for New Wave.

But yea, I wouldn't do a brand split until you're ready, I hope my plan for having an 'A' Brand and a 'B' Brand works out, if only to better organize who I consider ready for the Prime Time vs People fresh out of development.

I've played 3 SWF games (1 in 08 and two in 10) where I've debuted a new A brand in March after getting a new show deal in Febuary.

My problem is then normally that I need a third brand... for rookies to gain pop on, but that's not 100% at all,if anything it can just make your week longer to book.

The way I play, is that I hire all the people who are free with decent pop (including and ecspecially Acid) and all the people who have high enough skills to not stink despite lack of popularity (although DWN always bombs in this situation...) Then focus on keeping your top storylines at high enough momentum so that no Main Eventers lose too much popularity, and build up people to B's and C's ASAP. One cheat way is to just hire Doug Peak and Larry Wood (if you're playing without owner goals, because normally Doug fails on skills and Wood's a psychopath) and just use the Brute domination mechanism to have them as Upper Midcard guardians alongside Train by the time Supreme Challenge rolls around.

The most important thing to remember is that the semi-main event and main-event are the two most important matches, master getting A's and A*'s for them (see: Angry Gilmore and Christian Faith, Squeeky also works well if you build him up) and your show rating won't be a problem. And use 6 minute angles, they're short but still build pop, and don't build anyone up in angles unless they are a monster or not rated, because it's risky and WILL lower your overall angle rating. Wait until you get a B show for that. Honestly, stick to people like Bruce, Money and Eric Eisen in overness/entertainment angles for most of the card, risk one midcard person in an angle if you need to.

Final thing, if TCW have a contract coming up, and it's someone with decent pop who you don't mind stealing, steal. Look at Aaron Andrews' stats and popularity and tell me you couldn't have him in a DuBois fued, heck a Tag Team would do.

It does work and it's surprisingly easy, just don't expect to be building up anyone interesting for at least a game year, you'll have to play fast and safe.

Archived