~ The Golden Age: 1987 Official Release ~

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i need everything.. i downloaded the 88 version but the pic pack with it was just add ons.. so i am still with nothing.. sucks that megaupload went down cuz now all the mods on this website don't work.. sure wish bobinc was still around that site was a lifesaver lol..

Main Post has been updated with Version 1.2.

It's a small update but I've included most of the changes made. I've re-upped everything, the pic packs especially the people pack are compatible with all of my previous mods (2002, 1997, 1989 etC).

Please let me know of any errors or of any other sites you'd like it uploaded to.

Enjoy :)

• 1 month later...
I wasn't going to post this, but since someone bounced this back up top I'll do it. This applies to TSE version of this though I haven't checked it in TGA game. For some reason, the South West region in my diary game with TSE has its importance set to 80% instead of the default 85%. I know I haven't done anything to that so it is just an oversight. Might want to make a note on your front page Genadi to have everyone check that out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that I've been playing this mod A LOT... I thought ya might like to here a quick history of my promotion I started... UWE.

My main title history:

Jos Leduc mar 87 til dec 88 (24 def)

Bobby Eaton til mar 90 (22 def)

Adrian Adonis til may 91 (23 def)

Tracy Smothers til Jul 92 (13 def)

Sgt. Slaughter til June 93' (17 def)

Mark Callous til dec 94' (26 def)... Then I realised he was Undertaker by 90.. so

Barry Windham til feb 96' (21 def)

The Undertaker til present-Jan 97' (21 def). After taking him off for a bit, to include a gimmick change and now he's The Undertaker we all know and love.

Just kind of wanted to have him go 20 and 0 for my main PPV "Wrestling Fever!" Don't know if he will stay active that long. Going to break the record of most defenses for the title first though.

Other notable's I've had on the roster: Curt Hennig, Ron Bass, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Jonnie Stewart, Steve Austin (finally able to get him), Scott Irwin, I even had The Warrior for a time period. Tommy Rogers, David schultz, Nelson Knight, oh yeah, Scott Steiner and Rick Martel, Len Denton, Rip Oliver, Al Madril, Steve Blackman, Austin Ido, Rick Rude, Earthquake Ferris... all holding a tag champion at some point.

Light Heavyweight Champs: Rick Rude, Ron Bass (love this guy), Nick Bockwinkle, Jack Victory, Bob Backlund and currently Larry Zbyszko.

National Champions: Les Thornton, The Warrior (ha), Buzz Sawyer, Shawn Michaels, Dick Slater, Ricky Morton, Mike Von Erich, and currently Al Perez.

Now I'm starting a new game... I don't know why but as I see more and more of the current people out now I got bored of it. I started with nothing, got a TV contract shortly after hitting regional, and it felt like I couldn't quit playing. I just kept expanding the same show til' it was on just about everywhere in the world. Took longer to move up, pluss I swear you must have boosts to WWE that won't let them fail.... Almost every single worker I gave the Main Belt to ended up being swiped by them before I was able to get written deals. I was very lucky with Undertaker... I don't have Shawn Michaels anymore (for example). Not that I really wanted him THAT much, but people like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Steamboat, and many other's just all impossible to get at any point 'til now.... and now just about everyone I wanted to hire is really too old to do more with then to give them lower level belts... SO... That's another reason why I'm starting over... They are all in their 40's now, or older.

Loads of fun watching the added narratives though... As I said before though, getting an update on Rocky before he's even in the game is going a bit overboard I think, lmao... NO ONE CARED ABOUT HIM THEN!!! NO ONE!!! Rocky Johnson was cool, but not that popular that people would be wanting an update on his kid. Speaking of which, Rocky Johnson was a lot better physically then the mod suggests.

Loads of fun watching the added narratives though... As I said before though, getting an update on Rocky before he's even in the game is going a bit overboard I think, lmao... NO ONE CARED ABOUT HIM THEN!!! NO ONE!!! Rocky Johnson was cool, but not that popular that people would be wanting an update on his kid. Speaking of which, Rocky Johnson was a lot better physically then the mod suggests.

I'm a Rock mark what can I say, I feel the World should know of the impending greatness about to be bestowed on it :p

Lemme know where you think Rocky Johnson could use a bump up in Athletic skills. He's 42 going on 43 when the mod starts and most of the older stuff I saw of his he wasn't as quick or agile as his earlier days. Happy to review it but.

Very cool to hear you're enjoying and love the long game updates :)

I'm a Rock mark what can I say, I feel the World should know of the impending greatness about to be bestowed on it :p

Lemme know where you think Rocky Johnson could use a bump up in Athletic skills. He's 42 going on 43 when the mod starts and most of the older stuff I saw of his he wasn't as quick or agile as his earlier days. Happy to review it but.

Very cool to hear you're enjoying and love the long game updates :)

No no no... I don't mean he was quick or anything, he wasn't by then (I don't think he was ever considered quick actually). I just mean he could work a match for longer then 10-12 minutes. I should have said Stamina, but looking at the stamina here it doesn't seem that bad. Maybe I'll bump it up for this game I'm playing and see if how much I have to go to let him work a 15 minute match. Now I'm questioning myself (after looking at the actual stat) if it was actually him I got the note on.

Yeah, I know your a Rock mark, that's why I have to mess with you about it.

I honestly like the flavor you've added though, all the different awards and such. I think I actually learned a couple of historical moments in history playing this mod, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny to see that. Just yesterday I read an issue of the Wrestling Observer from October of 1993. There was a brief mention about Rocky's son, Dwayne, playing for University of Miami and that he would "probably" end up in wrestling some day.

It's funny to see that. Just yesterday I read an issue of the Wrestling Observer from October of 1993. There was a brief mention about Rocky's son, Dwayne, playing for University of Miami and that he would "probably" end up in wrestling some day.

They also talked about Lawlers, Steamboats, and various others (to include Hogans daughter I believe)... And they went into more detail with them. Just saying... Funny huh? :p

• 4 weeks later...
For some reason, the people pic pack won't download to my computer. It goes for a few minutes and then says "interrupted." Any tips/advice?

Try it at a different time of the day. I've had the same experience a few times with different people.zips, and if it lasts longer then a couple of minutes, I figure it's traffic on their side. I try a different time, and it's downloaded in a couple of seconds.

My best guess is that at certain times of the day there are ton's of people downloading from the sight at the same time limiting bandwidth.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Frootloop" data-cite="Frootloop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Now that I finally got the pics, it won't work for some reason. Trying to use them for the '88 mod, as suggested in that thread, but none of the workers' pictures sync up to their profiles. Am I doing something wrong, or...?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> do you mean 1989 mod? this mod and the 89 mod were made by different users and they would of used different pick packs you'll have to sync up the pic yourself though the editor.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Basmat01" data-cite="Basmat01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>do you mean 1989 mod? this mod and the 89 mod were made by different users and they would of used different pick packs you'll have to sync up the pic yourself though the editor.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, I mean the 1988 Golden Age Part II mod (<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509585" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509585</a>) which says to use this pic pack.</p>

Archived