Forum problems?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Again, not sure if it's just me but the site has been taking ages to load any pages assuming it's successful in loading at all. It seems to think a page is finished loading but nothing is actually showing up on screen at all... might be something to do with the ads, I dunno. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no longer getting the 500 (HTTP Server) Errors, however the whole forum seems to take a while to load... Not hours but upwards to a couple of minutes at times. Is this due to high traffic, or an alternative to getting the server errors, or is it just my computer.

This is the only sight that seems to be effected. Everything else I do online doesn't do this-Just has the Grey Dog Software emblem on the top corner, and the rest is completely blank til' it finally loads.

The main Grey Dog sight doesn't do this either, just the forums.

Anyone else notice this at all?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if anyone else is seeing it but the clock that is usually at the bottom of the forum isn't showing up correctly.

All I'm seeing is:

Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]

Is showing the same for me too. I also recently noticed that it was losing time again, seemed to be 6 minutes behind the actual time when I posted stuff, which could have been a crucial 6 minutes given that it was a mafia game being involved and the timing was important. Not sure why the forum clock keeps slipping behind, something must be wrong somewhere. :(

Is showing the same for me too. I also recently noticed that it was losing time again, seemed to be 6 minutes behind the actual time when I posted stuff, which could have been a crucial 6 minutes given that it was a mafia game being involved and the timing was important. Not sure why the forum clock keeps slipping behind, something must be wrong somewhere. :(

Its about 6 or 7 minutes off for me as well. Arlie said something about it being server lag the last time it got behind, I'd say it's the same culprit this time.

• 1 month later...

Two things.

1. Server time seems to now be about 15 minutes off.

2. I don't know if it's happening for anyone else but for the last several days I've had pages on GDS not loading properly. I click on something and it seems like it just loads a blank page or something instead of loading properly. It often takes several attempts to get past it as hitting refresh doesn't always work. As I said, it's been happening to me for several days and since it has only been happening on GDS I figure it might be a GDS issue rather than a Derek issue.

I hadn't been having any problems until a few minutes ago, got the blank page several times when trying to post my last message. If I were guessing I'd guess that it's an advert that is causing the problems, that one of them has something in the content that is just causing things to stop looking for anything else to load. The first advert I got after successfully posting had the word "KiZi" on it... but that probably isn't helpful at all since it actually worked and you'd be looking for one that didn't. :p

Archived