[HYPE] The Golden Age ~ 1987 ~WreSpi2 Edition

RayW

~ The Golden Age ~

~ 1987 ~

It is with great pleasure that I can announce work on the converstion of Genadi's brilliant Golden Age mod from TEW2010 to Wrestling Spirit 2. This may take some time, even though it is just basically a copy and paste job, but I'll keep you updated with everything that I complete. I hope to have it done with in a few months, if I can put as much time into it as I want too, I don't see why it won't be.

A special thank you goes to Genadi, who has kindly gave me permission for this project. For his great original TEW version, click here.

Progress:

Events: 0/124

Future Promotions: 0/55

Move Sets: 0/???

Moves: 0/???

Promotion Relationships: 0/41

Promotions: 15/25

Relationships: 0/652

Tag Teams: 0/276

Title Belts: 0/234

TV Shows: 0/29

Workers: 0/1,292

NOTE: Australian Wrestling Federation won't feature in this version for obvious reasons, and since WS2 doesn't accomodate for 'future workers', the workers file will be some what smaller than the original TEW version.

Good luck with this, it'd be really cool to have another playable mod for WS2. Just be prepared for the insane amount of work ahead of you. I've tried my hand at a WS2 mod before and I got WWE and TNA done before I was ready to jump off something really tall. If you can stick with it and get it done then it will be a great addition to the community, just be prepared to have movesets dancing around taunting you in your dreams. :p

Good luck with this, it'd be really cool to have another playable mod for WS2. Just be prepared for the insane amount of work ahead of you. I've tried my hand at a WS2 mod before and I got WWE and TNA done before I was ready to jump off something really tall. If you can stick with it and get it done then it will be a great addition to the community, just be prepared to have movesets dancing around taunting you in your dreams. :p

Movesets... Ain't even got to them just yet, but trust me, they're already laughing at me! Haha

Progress on this is coming along, slowly, but getting there. My plan of action is to get all the easier stuff like promotions, events, tv shows done and then move on to the workers last as they are going to take the most amount of time. I'll update the main post tonight with today's (and yesterday's) progress.

Movesets... Ain't even got to them just yet, but trust me, they're already laughing at me! Haha

Progress on this is coming along, slowly, but getting there. My plan of action is to get all the easier stuff like promotions, events, tv shows done and then move on to the workers last as they are going to take the most amount of time. I'll update the main post tonight with today's (and yesterday's) progress.

Workers actually don't take all that long, it's their darned movesets. My suggestion for you to try is to make a default moveset for each type of worker (brawler, tech, etc.) and then build real worker's movesets off of that, adding or subtracting where ever it needs it. If you need any help with anything let me know and I'll try to help you out the best I can.

Care to elaborate?

Sure.

In all the time that WS2 has been out, there has been - oh, 2.15 mods made for the game. The most (i.e., only) complete mod would be D.O.T.T., set 3 years before Genadi's good work.

So you will go through all the hassle of backwards converting when all you had to do was take the D.O.T.T. data and set up promotions to reflect the date you are shooting for.

It's your time and effort. Do with it what you want. But your proposal is a redundant one, in my opinion.

If you want to help this game, make something set in the 90s or 00s - when most of the people here began watching wrestling. Go through all of the threads in this mod section and you'll see that people have been begging for something more modern since this game was released.

Well... they used to. Now it is a straggler here and there hyping something they never bother to release.

Hmm?

And you, more than most people, should understand what I am trying to say to this gentleman.

Or not.

I'm one of the few people that have stuck to Wrestling Spirit since it was first released. While you swing off the TEW tree and produce something really solid for an active community, I'm clutching to something much more ignored around here.

If only one person took the effort to make an honest to goodness (and completed!) modern(ish) mod for this game, Wrestling Spirit might have a bit of air pumped back into it.

You know... for the betterment of the game? :rolleyes:

Sure.

In all the time that WS2 has been out, there has been - oh, 2.15 mods made for the game. The most (i.e., only) complete mod would be D.O.T.T., set 3 years before Genadi's good work.

So you will go through all the hassle of backwards converting when all you had to do was take the D.O.T.T. data and set up promotions to reflect the date you are shooting for.

It's your time and effort. Do with it what you want. But your proposal is a redundant one, in my opinion.

If you want to help this game, make something set in the 90s or 00s - when most of the people here began watching wrestling. Go through all of the threads in this mod section and you'll see that people have been begging for something more modern since this game was released.

Well... they used to. Now it is a straggler here and there hyping something they never bother to release.

And you, more than most people, should understand what I am trying to say to this gentleman.

Or not.

I'm one of the few people that have stuck to Wrestling Spirit since it was first released. While you swing off the TEW tree and produce something really solid for an active community, I'm clutching to something much more ignored around here.

If only one person took the effort to make an honest to goodness (and completed!) modern(ish) mod for this game, Wrestling Spirit might have a bit of air pumped back into it.

You know... for the betterment of the game? :rolleyes:

Color me motivated. You should be a coach or something. :)

I've actually started working on a 2004 mod based right after WrestleMania XX. I've tinkered around with a current day mod a few times, but I think something set around this time would work better. That way when you work your way up you are coming up with guys that are big names right now. I didn't want to announce anything so I didn't get people's hopes up because I know how hard modding this game is. I know how this game works backwards and forwards for the most part though so I think if I can stick with it I can put out something close to playable.

Anyways, back to your mod. If you feel 87 is something you really want to cover, I'm sure the people who have stuck with WS2 will give it a go around, but I tend to agree with D.Boon on this, it's just too close to the same thing as DOTT, and I honestly don't think anybody could ever surpass that, it's almost like it's a game of it's own.

Or not.

I understand what you're trying to say now. I had this to go off originally though...

Hilarious.

No, really.

Is why I was confused.

Archived