Guest codey

It's entirely dependent on what promotion you're booking, what match, and which wrestlers you're using. In short, there's no one answer.

I might have Jay Chord and El Mitico call a match in the ring, but if I throw Oscar Golden in the mix, I'm going to have to script it. I may want to make the match open if I want everyone to look good, but if I want Jay to come out shining, I'll throw a keep strong note on him. If the match runs 10 minutes, I'll use all out, and if it runs 25 I'll slow build it. It's all about knowing who you're booking and what you want to accomplish.

This is what I usually do and it works for all the feds that I run.

Opening match: Call in ring, Victor, Open Match, Work The Crowd

2nd Match-4th match: Call in Ring, Victor

Co-main event: Same notes as opening match

Main Event: All out match, Victor, Call in ring

Note: If your guys don't have at least B- psychology then I don't have them a match in the ring. You could probably get away with it if they have C+ psychology but nothing less than that. In a situation where guys can't call a match in the ring then substitute where it says call in ring to Script.

I have been using these notes throughout all of my games and they seem to work. Sometimes though you will need to protect certain workers if they need it so even though this is what I normally do I usually modify it when running a promotion below cult size.

Hope this helps you!

I might have Jay Chord and El Mitico call a match in the ring, but if I throw Oscar Golden in the mix, I'm going to have to script it.

In this situation, if I have a match with someone I wouldn't want to call in ring with a person(s) who are capable, I usually just don't specify. I feel that it would penalize that person that can call it, but that is just my theory.

I usually use 65 as a min for calling in ring (That was when Guide was able to call in ring for my Global TCW). If I have 2 people in a singles match around the minnimum, I will still leave it blank.

I use open match a lot, probably more than I should. I always slow build a 16+ minute match though

I generally go with Open Match, Victor and All Out Match for everything under 20 minutes. Don't know if it's the "best" set of notes, but it tends to get a series of bonuses, including for being well-booked.

You will notice from the road agent notes that some workers don't cope with All Out Match though, so it might be worth noting them and avoiding it with them.

Guest codey

The way I've always understood it was that at 65 you don't get th emessage anymore, but you'll probably wind up with better results should you either not specify or script it with a good road agent (Which nearly all big promotions have. If you don't, hire Stomper!)

But again, always specifying open match or something like that might net you better match results, but if you're trying to push someone higher up the card it's probably best not to use a note like that. Especially if it's not a main or semi-main event match, since those pull miniscule weight when it comes to the final grade anyway.

i wish you could specify like, which guy was calling it in the ring.

example: have ric flair call a match with lex luger. protects luger and then you could get some new relationships maybe if the guy not calling it doesn't like how the other guy called it.

i worded that weirdly but i think it makes sense lol

65? Holy balls that's low.

For workrate heavy (BHOTWG, PGHW, NOTBPW), 80 seems to be a more solid number. Though two 80s won't work...

yeah It was the default TCW product.. But I only do it with Guide since Scout and both members of the other team usually have enough psychology to carry it. If I tried to call RDJ vs Hawkins in the ring, it would get dinged for lack of psychology if it went a good length.

I generally go with Open Match, Victor and All Out Match for everything under 20 minutes. Don't know if it's the "best" set of notes, but it tends to get a series of bonuses, including for being well-booked.

The well booked bonus comes from 'Open Match' and ONLY 'Open Match'. So if you put several contradictory notes in there with open match first, no matter how much of a cluster the match was, you'd get that bonus. It doesn't mean the match was well booked (at least not exactly), it just means you used open match and made the match look even.

There are no 'best' set of match notes without considering the workers in the match and the match's length.

Guest codey
I sure as hell got the note with an 80 and a 78.

Anyway, "Decisive Victory" I believe also boosts it like "Open Match" does...I think...

From my understanding, Decisive Victory is a popularity affecting note. I don't think it adds anything to the match, but if you use it, your winner will gain more pop. Not as much as, say, domination, but it will be more than if you left the note empty.

Interesting to see such variations in the way people utilise the notes.

To my knowledge decisive finish is what Blake Trask said, just a clean finish. ensures there is no foot on the ropes, etc.

Got a question... how much of a pop difference is there between a worker who wins an 'open match' match and one that wins without the note?

Guest codey

I don't think there's a definitive answer for that. There's so many variables that it's hard to judge. Promotion size, individual worker pop, viewers, match quality, etc. A lot of things can effect it. It's one reason I love the game. Very little things are set in stone.

As far as the keep strong/decisive victory notes, I was always under the impression that you would use keep strong on the loser of the match to minimize their popularity loss. But if someone were to decisively win, the winner looks good on their way to victory. For instance, had Ota losing matches to my top guys, and he became unhappy. I put him in a match with a lower card guy and had him win decisively, and his mood increased because he was pleased with a match result. The win wasn't what made him happier (The guy was barely popular enough to be a lower midcarder in a regional fed), it was that I had him win decisively and come out looking great. As far as I know, the only way that a cheap finish can be implied is by specifying for there to be one. You don't specify for a clean win, that's the default.

I don't think there's a definitive answer for that. There's so many variables that it's hard to judge. Promotion size, individual worker pop, viewers, match quality, etc. A lot of things can effect it. It's one reason I love the game. Very little things are set in stone.

As far as the keep strong/decisive victory notes, I was always under the impression that you would use keep strong on the loser of the match to minimize their popularity loss. But if someone were to decisively win, the winner looks good on their way to victory. For instance, had Ota losing matches to my top guys, and he became unhappy. I put him in a match with a lower card guy and had him win decisively, and his mood increased because he was pleased with a match result. The win wasn't what made him happier (The guy was barely popular enough to be a lower midcarder in a regional fed), it was that I had him win decisively and come out looking great. As far as I know, the only way that a cheap finish can be implied is by specifying for there to be one. You don't specify for a clean win, that's the default.

^^^^

This appears to be correct. Just tested in a TCW game and only did notes like open match or winner. All matches ended cleanly.

OMG! And people accuse me of metagaming. :p

65 for call in ring? Hmm. I still haven't seemed to get over the hurdle of getting slammed by the lack of psychology in my game, despite the guys having B and even B+ psychology in matches!

I guess you have to be really really smart to work in an entertainment/comedy/traditional company!

^^^^

This appears to be correct. Just tested in a TCW game and only did notes like open match or winner. All matches ended cleanly.

see on the other hand with SWF, I've lost count the amount of times a face worker wins with a foot on the ropes if I dont use the decisive note.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences (not so much with faces winning via cheating, although it has happened a couple of times), but I've definitely had people win via cheating without specifying tainted, and I've definitely had people be happy about a win without specifying decisive.

Something I just found out. Keep Strong overrides Open Match. In other words, let's say you use these notes in this order:

Victor

Open Match

Keep Strong (on the loser)

You'll get a penalty for booking decisions but no bonus for 'being well booked'. In addition, the worker being kept strong gets an individual bonus for being protected. I was curious if that was the case (I never use keep strong).

Archived