I bought out WEFF in my game ten years ago and absorbed their two titles into my GAMMA, making the WEFF title the GAMMA Women's Lightweight and GAMMA Women's Heavyweight titles.

Their title prestige "Good".

Every single one of my titles, including the Openweight title I created has "Great" title prestige. Do certain titles have a prestige cap? What factors go into title prestige? Why is a ten year old title that has been closely contended over ten years generating less title prestige than one I just created that was defended once? Any info people would share would be helpful.

I'm not sure but it might have something to do with the size of your company. I assume with GAMMA you are be mid/high level national? Therefore if you create a title it will have a default prestige of great. I'm taking it that WEFF were only a regional company when you bought them out and therefore their titles have less prestige. Have those titles defended at your shows a few times and I will guarantee the prestige level goes up.

In my gamma game my titles all have at least 'fantastic' prestige. I'm low international, been playing for over 3 years and each has been defended 8/9 times so far in my game.

I bought out WEFF in my game ten years ago and absorbed their two titles into my GAMMA, making the WEFF title the GAMMA Women's Lightweight and GAMMA Women's Heavyweight titles.

Their title prestige "Good".

Every single one of my titles, including the Openweight title I created has "Great" title prestige. Do certain titles have a prestige cap? What factors go into title prestige? Why is a ten year old title that has been closely contended over ten years generating less title prestige than one I just created that was defended once? Any info people would share would be helpful.

Well the WEFF titles start out with very poor and poor prestige. In general I think all the womens titles start out with low prestige. Also when you create a title in game, by default it starts with average prestige so I guess it would be safe to assume that the WEFF titles you absorbed would have lower prestige than the rest of your titles simply due to the fact that they would take longer to build prestige from the start when compared to GAMMA's default titles, which I think all start with great or better prestige. And If I remember correctly if the title is jumping around a lot it won't gain prestige like a title that is defended consistently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK there's soemthing up. My Women's Lightweight (batmanweight) and Women's Heavyweight (featherweight) titles are still just at a prestige of "Great". I feel like they are capped. Both titles have had long term champions with multiple defenses and both titles have been used to headline PPVs.

Like I said I transfered those titles when I bought WEFF. I didn't create new ones. I'm going to create new titles and wait awhile and see if they improve prestige over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Deleted my old titles and created new ones.

Prestige started at "fantastic".

So what did we learn today, kids? Don't transfer titles from smaller companies thinking it'll ADD to their prestige. It'll actually cap them at some point.

Which actually makes sense. UFC doesn't still defend a WEC Featherweight championship. They made their own title.

Archived