DOTM: July Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

3. You may not nominate yourself

4. All nominations do not need to be seconded to make the voting round

5. All nominations must include a reason

6. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

7. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self and Phantom Stranger

9. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date ()

10. You can NOT nominate

11. You can NOT nominate

12. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

13. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

Rules Change: NO 2nd is required this month (I liked the selection last month so lets keep the same again this month)

Nominations will be open until August 1st 2011 (12 pm Eastern)

<p>I'd like to nominate Jonnycosmic's Ring of Honor 2012 - A Different World as well as Falling Star's Ring of Honor - The Best in the World</p><p> </p><p>

Both diary's are great reads and it's great to see more ROH diary's around.</p>

<p>I'd like to trade out my Cornellverse nomination and put forward to Real World diaries:</p><p> </p><p>

Real World DOTM: WWF 1989: Kayfabe Returns by The Blake</p><p>

Real World DOTM: DOTT - No Hulk/No Vince by Old School</p><p> </p><p>

I just caught up with Blake's diary today and it's a very authentic read - it treads the fine line between predicatability and logical very well. And he's doing very well and not shooting the bolt too early on his big storyline</p><p> </p><p>

Old School's is just consistent quality and it reeks of the era it's set in. The longevity is something to behold and admire!</p><p> </p><p>

For Rookie Diary I'm going with:</p><p> </p><p>

AWA 1987 - Last Gasp of the AWA by olympia</p><p> </p><p>

Again, very authentic and it's clearly being written by someone who knows and loves the time period.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'CENTURY GOTHIC';">I think we should be up to date here right now. That will be my last update to it this evening. However, feel free to lay out more nominations at will and the page will be updated at some point tomorrow.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ritchardo" data-cite="Ritchardo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31840" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd like to trade out my Cornellverse nomination and put forward to Real World diaries:<p> </p><p> Real World DOTM: WWF 1989: Kayfabe Returns by The Blake</p><p> Real World DOTM: DOTT - No Hulk/No Vince by Old School</p><p> </p><p> I just caught up with Blake's diary today and it's a very authentic read - it treads the fine line between predicatability and logical very well. And he's doing very well and not shooting the bolt too early on his big storyline</p><p> </p><p> Old School's is just consistent quality and it reeks of the era it's set in. The longevity is something to behold and admire!</p><p> </p><p> For Rookie Diary I'm going with:</p><p> </p><p> AWA 1987 - Last Gasp of the AWA by olympia</p><p> </p><p> Again, very authentic and it's clearly being written by someone who knows and loves the time period.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'CENTURY GOTHIC';">TheBlake's diary actually qualifies for Rookie DOTM as it began within the month of June. Any diaries that begin within the months of June or July qualify for Rookie so that's where I placed it. Though that still uses up all three of your nominations.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-cite="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31840" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nominating Angeldelayette and jhd1's "WWE 2011: Bragging Rights!" for Rookie...and that's all I've got right now...my other possibilities don't meet the show count just yet.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'CENTURY GOTHIC';">Thanks a lot for the nod! Am glad to see that people are enjoying our take on the WWE.</span></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31840" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>6.Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least 8 shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Was going to promote my Let's Play diary.</p><p> </p><p> Then I realized I <em>still</em> haven't run one show yet. *sigh*</p><p> </p><p> ~~</p><p> </p><p> Some solid choices this month; I might update with some noms.</p>

Cheers 20L

Id like to nominate:

Rookie

Jingo's RAW: Children of the Revolution

C-verse

Zergon's Freedom to Crash

There are a stack of good diaries at the moment. Good work everyone.

Zergon's Freedom to Crash actually qualified for the Rookie DOTM. Though. depending on the numbers that I get, I may do some shuffling around and move it to the Cornellverse DOTM. It's been a long time since I've done a poll here and I'm not sure how many can be placed within each poll.

I just got smart and actually read some things so the maximum for each poll option is 12. So make sure your favorites get into the top 12 before each section is closed off!

Speaking of numbers, we could definitely use more real world diaries nominated!

Guest codey
For CVerse I nominate The Johhny Heizenger Story by Codey and TCW a Quiet Retirement by Phantom Stranger. Both continously hold my interest both in and out of the ring, and have great in ring characters.

Thanks a ton for the nomination!

I'll nominate Angeldelayette's "USPW: You Can Go Home Again" and Eisen-verse's "DOA: Victor's Rebellion" !

As for a rookie nomination, has anyone created a new diary that they think they are deserving, yet aren't on the list yet? Tell me and I'll check out the diary! :)

I'll nominate Angeldelayette's "USPW: You Can Go Home Again" and Eisen-verse's "DOA: Victor's Rebellion" !

As for a rookie nomination, has anyone created a new diary that they think they are deserving, yet aren't on the list yet? Tell me and I'll check out the diary! :)

Thank you for the nod to my diary though it has already been nominated (Rookie Diary section) and no second is required.

As far as E-V's great DOA diary, unfortunately he only has 3 shows and thus does not meet the minimum of 8 shows needed to be in the Cornellverse section. And because of his Hall of Fame status, he can no longer be part of the Rookie Diary section.

I'd like to nominate Bull's USPC: Times Are Changing for the C-Verse. Great write-ups and the the show previews are nice.

Also, I'd like to nominate SHaynes23's WCW: Where the Big Boys Play. I think it is one of the best RW works...might be due to the fact that I believe the good Real World dynasty is a dieing breed.

I'd like to nominate Bull's USPC: Times Are Changing for the C-Verse. Great write-ups and the the show previews are nice.

Also, I'd like to nominate SHaynes23's WCW: Where the Big Boys Play. I think it is one of the best RW works...might be due to the fact that I believe the good Real World dynasty is a dieing breed.

Bull's USPW diary has already been nominated (Rookie category) and seconds aren't needed. :) SHaynes23's will be up ASAP.

Archived