I have basically no experience with the Cornellverse as I mostly played RW mods thus far. Recently started a game with USPW and my aim is to take them to National level and eventually challenge TCW for the #2 spot (SWF seems too far ahead).

Can anyone roughly tell me how long it takes to get USPW to National? Has anyone done it in a year? Also, does TCW usually continue to struggle or do they recover from the slump they're in at the beginning???

I have rarely seen TCW not overtake SWF, at least in the influence screen (determines who a worker values more as a potential employer) within...two years, I think.

When Golden loses the title, TCW will start to produce a lot of shows at least in the mid-80s. Granted, so can SWF. But they do get overtaken almost always in a couple of years.

For USPW...I think you can manage National in two years, certainly. One year...will be pretty difficult. With constant growth (shows...at least 80 rated), you'd need...looks like about 50 shows to get to National. Actually, pretty sure that's an under-estimation, but anyway...

With five shows/month, that's 10 months. 60 shows in a year. Man, that's...really dang close. I jumped to National as NOTBPW in...November 2011, hit International in December, and Global...maybe a few months after that. So it's a long journey to National, yeah.

~~

Edit: The computer sucks with USPW. I'd suggest, if you're going to really push for it (as in, not wait 5 years to hit National), that you spam the hell out of Sam Strong in, literally, every angle you run. You got a talented main event (Enygma, Baine, Caulfield, Justice, Datsun, Bruce can all call in ring, probably) and some nice ladies (ALICIA STRONG) if you care to utilize them intelligently.

Like, never let Peter Valentine wrestle outside of dark matches. Preferably post-show matches.

USPW is always fun to play. If you stick to the core USPW guys you'll probably find yourself taking maybe a year to two years to get to National, assuming you don't get raided by NOTBPW, TCW and SWF since they'll all likely grow at least one size before you can.

TCW tend to become the world's #1 promotion within a few years as the SWF are never able to develop their roster's popularity the way they should be able to. In the long run the AI tends to lean towards performance type promotions like TCW and NOTBPW to do well and often struggles with popularity based promotions like the SWF and USPW. Once the national battles kick in the constant A rated matches from TCW and especially NOTBPW tend to make them unbeatable and then the SWF falls to cult, sometimes never to recover as their top guys don't sign back with them.

It's why I have a constant mission to stop NOTBPW and TCW from taking over the world. Neither seem as interesting as the SWF, but the AI always makes them global powerhouses, which makes me sad. :(

Slightly off topic but I have slowed down NOTBPW's progress by offering dan stone jr., johnny bloodstone, the natural and erik strong all written deals over the course of a year. I hate how they just sky rocket. I much prefer seeing SWF at the top.

Good luck with USPW though mate.

I have found that stealing Sean McFly will slow down the progress of NOTBPW quite considerably. Due to their Psychology levels, Bloodstone and DeColt don't pull the top grades quite as well unless they are against the very best. So you end up seeing a lot more B main events and B show grades. They will still grow but its just not quite as quick.

As for USPW, I'm just starting off this journey myself. A year to move up seems reasonable, but it may take longer.

A few tips/suggestions, mostly based on what I've read about running USPW

-USPW start in a strong position for a Cult promotion. If you give your User Character at least 8 in Negotiating, you should be able to sign a lot of talent to written deals off the start. You may also need to change a few backstage rules to up the happiness there. If you spend a lot of money early or see the promotion momentum drop, you may not be able to do this after a time. But it lets you lock down a few promising talents off the start. You can also grab a few prospects and open a smaller developmental territory.

-Sam Strong is your single greatest asset when it comes to angles. Not saying he should be in every angle, but if you can find a way to make use of him on-screen once per show, you are going to have an A angle much of the time.

-cannot recall who clued me in to this, but the women's division should be one of your strengths. There is real talent there to start, but not that much overness. If you can build up the overness (Sam Strong can help there in a myriad of ways), it becomes a real asset. Especially since you aren't competing against TCW or the SWF for the talent. You are only competing against NOTBPW (who don't seem to hoard the talented women wrestlers), AAA and BSC (who don't ever grow that much), and Japan.

-remember your product. That's not to say that talented wrestlers have no place in USPW, but with the product, it seems like less talented wrestlers are more likely to succeed there than anywhere else. Star Quality, Menace, and Charisma are huge.

-have fun with it. USPW is a land of old school ideals, lumbering giants, and goofy gimmicks. You can run it any way you want, since its your game. But just don't lose site of what makes USPW different from TCW and the SWF...

Another thing about USPW is it's a good idea to make use of mixed tag matches. I believe there are like 3 women in your "Ring Generals" list. Having those super-talented lady wrestlers tag with some of your less talented males can really help boost their skills. That's what I do anyway. ;) Women usually get a women's division match and a mixed tag match on every show for me.

Archived