Fifa 12

bigtplaystew

I am absolutely loving this game. Anyone else playing it? The new defense system is fantastic. Took me a good while to get used to, but once I did it wasn't as hard as I made it out to be.

I also love the improvements to manager mode. Scouting system is OK (still prefer some of the older features that have been taken away but I can live with it). Talking to the press and the transfer seasons are incredible. Overall, I really like this game.

I am absolutely loving this game. Anyone else playing it? The new defense system is fantastic. Took me a good while to get used to, but once I did it wasn't as hard as I made it out to be.

I also love the improvements to manager mode. Scouting system is OK (still prefer some of the older features that have been taken away but I can live with it). Talking to the press and the transfer seasons are incredible. Overall, I really like this game.

I played it when a mate brought it around... I didn't enjoy it at all. I can see the appeal but when I want a real footballing experience I'll head off and sign up to one of the Sunday teams. Can't just sit there and play because when it comes to the AI timing tackles perfectly EVERY time, it actually defies it's own "realism" boast and I just shrugged, put it away and told him to never bring it back to my flat again. If EA want a realistic game then here's some points; 1) AI keeper should make just as many mistakes as my useless goalie. 2) Maybe give me some free kicks from mistimed AI tackles. Worst Fifa of a bad bunch for me (and that says something considering how awful 2011 and 2010 were).

Offline is poor this year, lucky I only play online which is even better than last year. The new defence system is fantastic, thought it was a nightmare at first but I find it easier and more comfortable to use than the Legacy system.

Pro Clubs, the game mode I play most is much better now that they've changed the AI from World Class to Legendary which allows smaller teams to really compete.

Really enjoying it so far, anyone who is getting annoyed with Tactical Defending, stick with it and you'll get used to it. Can't see myself playing without it now.

Also the guy two posts above me, everyone can have an opinion but none of the last few Fifas got a negative review anywhere, Metacritic scores:

Fifa 10: 91%

Fifa 11: 89%

Fifa 12: 90%

Fleisch - If you didn't enjoy 2011 or 2010 then I'm not really surprised you didn't enjoy 2012.

Personally, I think it's the best Fifa yet, although there are still problems. As bigt says, the defending takes a little getting used to but it's far, far superior to the previous lot (and PES). You need to turn the difficulty down - this is a far harder game than the previous ones. I'm on Professional and I'm seeing none of the issues you raised. There's also a handy slider system where you can tweak various settings without changing the difficulty. So for example, you can turn down the CPU's goalkeeping ability, or turn up your own. The first thing I did was actually turn the AI goalkeeping up slightly because I scored two easy goals in only my second match. It's a lot easy to make it the game you want than previous iterations.

I really enjoy career mode this year. I won about 22 games in my first Barclays PL with my wolverhampton wanderers and won the FA CUP. I got a bunch of money in the offseason and switched to a 4-3-3 and picked up two pretty good wings so I'm thinking we have a legit shot to win the league this year.

I rather like this game as well. Be it said, this is my first FIFA title since 08, and I'm quite a fan of it. Career Mode is a blast so far even though I'm getting mediocre results all over. I don't wanna go down to semi-pro level so I'm trying to fight and improve at Pro the best I can. The Tac. Def is a pain in the ass, and I've been trying to get used to it long before I heard there's legacy defending too. Heh..

Been playing this a tonne since getting it yesterday, really like career mode, defensive play is still bothering me. But have to say the youth scouting is a great addition and I like how form really affects the games.

Had Sammy Ameobi in top form for the last 3 games and has scored in each of them. Good times to come I hope.

I bought it last week. Honestly, the defensive changes didn't take me too long to get the hang of (at least to hold my own), although sometimes it almost feels a bit too easy to hold down RT and just cut off avenues for the opponent to go down. Overall though, it's a far more balanced system than Fifa 11. No longer does Ronaldo sprint through on goal only for Sol Campbell to defy physics (and life) to make up a 25 yard headstart and make a defying tackle. It's also great to actually be able to beat the AI with the ball this year. Last year it seemed nigh on impossible to get round even the most lead-footed of defenders. I AI definitely does get cheaper if you whack up the difficulty though, but I'm on pro and after upping the AI sliders a bit more, I've found a decent balance to keep the games competitive without making it such a grind.

Career mode is far better and more immersive. It's not perfect, but for once it actually feels like your part of the footballing world instead of existing in your own bubble. Little touches like extra stories and the league popping up in the pre-match build-up helps a great deal when keeping tabs on other teams. Love the changes to transfer deadline day as well... much better than last year when negotiations would just follow the same timeframe and end up going beyond the deadline by default.

The player impact engine can also be unintentionally hilarious.

It's also great to actually be able to beat the AI with the ball this year. Last year it seemed nigh on impossible to get round even the most lead-footed of defenders.

Definitely. I think this impresses me the most - you can run around defenders, you can even run through defenders in this game! You can also pass the ball a lot closer to the opposition without them either flipping in ballet fashion to trap a ball they shouldn't have been able to reach, let alone control, and there's no invisible wall around their legs either. Very satisfying to slide a ball inches behind the defender for your striker to take on the keeper :D

Archived