Help me save my org!

OK, I just started getting back into WMMA3 and I've picked up my game where I control a created org I started called Warfare Fighting League.

I started with about $2 million in the bank and then just went out and signed a bunch of fighters to make up my roster.

I know the popularity of a company moves much more slowly in WMMA3 as compared to previous versions of the game, but I'm having a real

Obviously, the goal as a company is to get popular enough to get a TV deal, or a pay per view deal, which, looking in the editor, I see I need to get to about 60% regional popularity at a minimum before those companies will talk to me.

My problem is that I am spewing money on every card and I'm concerned I will go bankrupt before I reach the level where I'm able to get a TV or PPV deal.

Right now my game is in October 1999 and I have run 20 shows.

Most all of my shows have had decent or good critcal and commercial success, with some of them being great and only a few getting average ratings. Yet, my popularity only seems to up about 2% each card.

Right now I am at 22%, low level regional popularity. By my estimations of a 2 % increase each time, I will still have to run about 20 events before I can get to a level where I can get a PPV or TV deal.

The problem is, I'm losing tens of thousands of dollars each card.... I have plenty of great fighters and I guess the easy solutionw ould be to fill my cards with more bums, but, I haven't gone overboard with any enormous salaries

I have an upcoming main event heavyweight title fight between the #7 ranked heavyweight in the world (high level regional), against the #19 ranked heavyweight in the world (mid level regional). That's about as good a fight as I can put on at this time and in real life if a small regional promotion had the #7 top ranked heavyweight on their roster I think their status would quickly shoot up. THat being said will I only see a 2% popularity increase from this event, even if it's a commerciall success?

Right now I have over $1 million left in my bank, but I'm wondering if I'm doomed to simply go broke as my money is going out far faster than my popularity is coming in.

Does anyone have any similar experiences, or suggestions? Or general comments on the popularity system in WMMA3 and if you think it's too slow, compared to WMMA2?

Any help would be great.

Just try to optimize your main eventers for your level. At this stage, any fighter who already fought once in your area will probably do. Having high regional fighters is pretty pointless. If you wanted the big shots, it's pretty foolish to start as the bottom organization. Fire your fighters if they ask too much money, and just try to stay alive at this point.

Just try to have fun. Raise your popularity level if you mind that you're losing money. WMMA is no TEW, it's not really about the managing, it's about putting together interesting fights. The AI sometimes fails to do this, so who better to do this then you? :p

Just try to optimize your main eventers for your level. At this stage, any fighter who already fought once in your area will probably do. Having high regional fighters is pretty pointless. If you wanted the big shots, it's pretty foolish to start as the bottom organization. Fire your fighters if they ask too much money, and just try to stay alive at this point.

Just try to have fun. Raise your popularity level if you mind that you're losing money. WMMA is no TEW, it's not really about the managing, it's about putting together interesting fights. The AI sometimes fails to do this, so who better to do this then you? :p

Why is having high regional fighters pointless? Having fighters who are more popular than your org is best for your org gaining more popularity, is it not? I am low level regional right now, but will soon be mid-level regional, meaning I'll need at least high level regional guys if I want guys with more popularity than my company.

Plus, there isn't that many guys in the game available to be signed who are higher levels from where my org is based (Canada).

Can anyone help me?

Is there a way to manually adjust my org's popularity (or the threshold for companies to accept to talk about a PPV/TV show) once a game has started?

The game isn't really fun just losing money and only gaining 2 per cent popularity with each slow. I guess I could start again and start my company with higher popularity, but I don't want to give up if I don't have to.

I ran into this problem when I first started playing the WMMA games. I exclusively play small companies and try to build them into powerhouses. The reason having high regional fighters pointless as a small organization is they simply cost too much money and often times the larger companies will just steal your stars/drive up their contracts. Your main eventers only need to have the same level as your company, not higher. I can consistently put Great shows, with the occasional Good ones, by using the Roster Analysis tool. I only use people with the minimum level needed to be listed as a main eventer (at least 1 of the 2 fighters), unless there's a contract issue. Performance and Aura play a key role in my choices of main/co-main events. I also have my rules tweaked for more exciting fights and I tend to avoid wrestlers unless they can finish. Also if a fighter has a history of boring fights I just let them go.

Can anyone help me?

Is there a way to manually adjust my org's popularity (or the threshold for companies to accept to talk about a PPV/TV show) once a game has started?

The game isn't really fun just losing money and only gaining 2 per cent popularity with each slow. I guess I could start again and start my company with higher popularity, but I don't want to give up if I don't have to.

Once you hit 33% popularity you'll get higher attendance and more from sponsorships and will be losing less money. I believe this will happen again at 66%.

I just rescently had a game very similar to yours in that I started with 0 popularity and 2 million. I started turning a profit when I was down to approximately 250k so you may still be ok without going into the editor. Now in my game I was only hiring unemployed fighters and building my own stars (not sure what you are doing).

For further reference when I started I was losing about 70 - 80 k a month. When I hit high level regional I was losing 20 - 40 k a month. I'll need to confirm these numbers when I get off work. I believe I got my first ppv deal at approximately 75 pop.

Archived