Ideas For 1.1

[QUOTE=Huckleberry]Seems, to me at least, that it would be pretty simple in a 9-team conference especially. Heck, in any conference. Check to see where you played the team in the last season. Switch the location. Done. In conferences with more than 9 teams, check the schedule to see if you played the team in the last season. If so, switch the location. I suppose that check could be difficult, but I don't understand why. Maybe switching from one season to the next or something. Here's something that is even more problematic: [img]http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/5207/schedule4kq.jpg[/img] This guy had 3 home games and 5 road games in conference play.[/QUOTE]You would think it would be so simple, but I've had some online discussions with Markus Heinsohn and Jim Gittens about this and they both said the scheduling algorithm kicks their butt. Jim programmed TCY to run on 14 year cycles so it evened out 7-7 in conference play. The program isn't so much within the conference as it's running a 119 team total league and ensuring you can find weeks where both teams have openings to play the games. You can't localize the algorithm to look at it conference by conference. It runs on a macro, not micro level.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=SkyDog] [list] [*]E-mail with where they went in the draft. (Rank the top 224 Seniors/Early Declarers, weighted by position....) [*]Full list of recruit class (HTML, formatted something like this: [url="http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=987715&postcount=65"]http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=987715&postcount=65[/url]) [/list][/QUOTE] For the recruits it would nice to have their highschool stats and measurables saved for reflecting back upon just how awesome they were in highschool. I would surely like to see some kind of list for the NFL draft. It is the crowning acheivement of a college player's career to be drafted in the first round, and it would be nice to see where our players go in the collegiate after life rather than just vanishing into thin air like they do now. We are told that an underclassmen has left the team for the NFL Draft... well? Where are they and how did their decision turn out? It has to be an incredible feeling of satisfaction to Tommy Tubberville to have both of his running backs selected early in the first round, or for Stoops to have seven Sooners selected in the draft, or for a small school like Troy State to have one of their own be selected 11th overall and playing for the world famous Cowboys. This is an element of College football that I can't believe both TCY and so far BB have complete overlooked, especially considering how huge the NFL draft has become in recent years audience wise.

1. have a button to 'undo' the suggest button or allow you to highlight a particular position and get a suggestion for that position alone. too many times the suggest button inserts injured players 2. quit making michigan's prestige excellent! :) i know there's a former wolverine on staff (they usually end up delivering pizza's - nice to know one of them broke the mold :) ) but c'mon!! they've lost 3 or more games every year since 1997. 3. sort by interest when trying to make your schedule 4. in the play by play - if a guy returns a kick past the other team's 50, put more info on the pbp screen. right now, it says, 'he returns it to the 18' whether it's your 18 or their 18. i know a little thing pops up in the result window that says 70 yard return, but sometimes i miss that. plus you'd think the pbp would add a little excitement regarding a long return 5. word wrap on the game logs

Would like to see a summary report that shows the current morale of players. To check morale now, have to open up and scan 75 player cards in which the advance buttons at the top of the page don't work. That means opening and closing 75 screens. At least have an E Mail which says the following players are FRUSTRATED. Then you could go an concentrate on those 3-5 players.

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen]Would like to see a summary report that shows the current morale of players. To check morale now, have to open up and scan 75 player cards in which the advance buttons at the top of the page don't work. That means opening and closing 75 screens. At least have an E Mail which says the following players are FRUSTRATED. Then you could go an concentrate on those 3-5 players.[/QUOTE] Good idea, probably the email should be the the faster way to receive some info.

Make the polls and the point spreads not so random. The wild swings in the polls from week to week, especially at the end of the season, destroy the credibility of the bowls and playoff seedings. Also, the point spreads on games vary between reloads of the same saved game. When an unranked 1-4 Virginia Tech team plays on the road in Miami against the #2 5-0 Hurricanes and are a 3 POINT FAVORITE, it means both the rankings and the point spreads are completely meaningless.

On the final recruit signings printout, please reduce to single spacing for the lines all related to the same player. For example, here's what I have now: [code]From: [b]AD Tom Reeves[/b] Subject: [b]Final recruit signings[/b] The following recruits ended up coming to Texas: WR Butch Booker, 5-stars A.S. Johnston (Austin, TX) National Rank: 78, Regional: 17, Position: 10 OLB Lavar Alexander, 5-stars West Central (Hartford, SD) National Rank: 26, Regional: 6, Position: 1 ...[/code] This could be: [code]From: [b]AD Tom Reeves[/b] Subject: [b]Final recruit signings[/b] The following recruits ended up coming to Texas: WR Butch Booker, 5-stars A.S. Johnston (Austin, TX) National Rank: 78, Regional: 17, Position: 10 OLB Lavar Alexander, 5-stars West Central (Hartford, SD) National Rank: 26, Regional: 6, Position: 1 ...[/code] The current format makes the report two pages when I print it out. I think this could be reduced to one page for most classes with this change.

Since this thread seems to be the catch-all, I'll post my ideas from a previous thread. 1. Present the user at the end of the season with an option to redshirt FR who didn't play a down. This allows for maximum flexibility with depth requirements and redshirting (especially for C, K and P). 2. In scheduling, allow a sort on how interested teams are regarding playing at your place. 3. A way to suppress injured players being slotted on ST when hitting the "suggest" button. 4. A way to suppress starters at other positions being slotted on ST when hitting the "suggest" button. 5. Make the choice of scouting services a real one. 6. A way to specify where the first game of a H-H series is played. 7. More bottom-feeders willing to play away games at big schools. 8. Some tool to help organize what recruits we're interested in during the season. Something to make that whole process meaningful. 9. An email or other notification telling us when a player's injury status has changed. For example, when players are totally healed, or now "probable" instead of "questionable." The weekly e-mail gives more information than this, but is not this specific. 10. Be able to print the pregame matchup screen to HTML. 11. Be able to sort players by injury status. 12. Be able to sort players by morale status, or some way to see their morale without clicking on every card. 13. Notification of a player's change in morale status. 14. Tweak the fact that players not playing because of injury get pissed off at not playing and start affecting team morale. IRL, it's not as clear-cut as it seems to be in BBCF.

I think that there should be a separate value or two to indicate a recruit's comfort level with an offensive or defensive strategy. This value should rise after each year a player plays in a specific system and should decrease very heavily if the team's offense/defense type is changed. This would stop teams from changing from an option offense to vertical passing to west coast etc year after year (which is not realistic imho).

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen]For the weekly/player/team leader screens have your team and players name highlighted in same fashion as shown on the Award Watch screen. Much easier to spot info about your own squad.[/QUOTE] I'd like to see this on the All-American and All-Conference lists as well. They aren't highlighted in the demo.

Question/ideas- Coaches 1. has anyone seen head coaches move up the ranks to higher prestige teams after being successful at lower prestige schools (ie. Urban Meyer from Utah to Florida)... 7 seasons into my current career, only 3 coaches have coached more than one team and they were all fired by their previous team (all have a 1yr hiatus from coaching) 2. A coaching records screen, but also on the head coach page of the team staff page is it possible to include the OC/DC years for coaches that were formerly coordinators. 3. A coaches HTML card. 4. Can fired head coaches enter the pool to be coordinators? 5. It seem that schools offering me a job are scoutiing me before they fire their head coach. (ie. if I take the job they fire the current coach, if I don't they keep him). Shouldn't they fire the coach first and then offer me the vacant job? Maybe this should be a simulated two week process. Week 1, some coaching hirings/firing and job offers to me. Week 2, fill in remaining coaching vacancies. Roster 6. Is it possible to open up the player HTML card from the roster screen or the in-game player card Changing Positions 7. Would it be possible to track position changes, like awards in the HTML player card. (2006- Converted from QB to WR) 8. Just a layman's opinion but it seems like athletic QBs get converted to receivers and DBs in real life... tend to have the best conversions to RBs in BBCF. 9. Do cpu teams change player positions? If not, this gives a big advantage to human controlled teams (I smell a house rule)

I don't know whether or not this is feasible, but here's a thought: is there a way to help eliminate the "mindless" clicking during the first week of recruiting? Specifically, how about an option, using filters, to batch add a bunch of guys to the watch list? What I mean is this: during Week 8, I often end up going through position-by-position and adding everyone with interest >7 in the Southeast to my watch list. That's "mindless" clicking. It would help a TON if I could, during Week 8, select, "Add all recruits in ______ Region/State with Interest of ____ and above to watch list," rather than doing it all by hand as I'm doing now.

few Suggestions 1. Headcoach's Age should never change after each season is completed 2. ability to print out stats on recruits during season 3. new offensive, defensive, and special teams coaches should be created better after each season is done. 4. have a way to diasble injuries comepletely

FWIW, here's a few thoughts . . . 1. in-game audio (to increase the immersion) 2. larger resolution 3. early time outs* *Teams often must burn a time out(s) early in a half (for different reasons), thus leaving them without a full complement of TOs later. I don't think I've ever seen a football sim include this (not so rare) event.

In addition to hotkeys and group selectors, another way to reduce the mindless clicking during recruiting would be to get rid of the confirm boxes for watch listing and scouting players. There's absolutely no need for me to confirm whether I want to put a guy on the watch list... it isn't costing me anything in-game, it's just costing me a couple hundred clicks IRL. I think scouting should also lose the confirm, since I can just click again to reverse the scouting command if I make a mistake.

Couple of items I would like to see changed. More refining in the budget. I often get down to an extra 5 grand that I can't spend. Could it be possible to use 5,000 increments in some choices rather than just 10 or 15? Some subs, especially Qb, I feel should take over for a series not individual plays during a drive. No I might be jumping the gun here because I sim most of my games. But I feel that a start of a series should be the way to go on this. Refining of the time to go for 2. I know this must be difficult to program but I see too many instances early in games where the AI is trying for two. Maybe the logic could could be changed to later in the game. All in all a great game! Thanks for the support from all.

Archived