2015 Mod?

Rocky Golden
Well, the idea I had was to mix gameplay and kayfabe by having Golden's run at the top be a flop. A mixture of the Freedom Fighters/Syndicate feud being much more important (and we all know it is), plus the concept of a veteran like Sam Keith being Golden's big title opponent instead of one of the bigger dogs. After all, others have flopped due to the Syndicate-Freedom Fighter storyline (Tornado, Rahn, Baine, etc...), he'd just be the latest casualty.

After dropping back down to upper-card due to his weak run, he'd be considering making a jump to SWF. But let's face facts. The SWF hasn't stolen anyone from TCW but Jack Bruce. They don't work like that (story-wise), and they usually prefer to push their own talents. Considering the big storyline for the next year or two would be centered around Bruce, Eisen and Money plus other rising talents like Brandon, Gieodryc, Remo, etc... He's got no room to play in there. A jump to Canada's possible as another member of the Elite, but even there he'll be working under a group of established main-eventers in the DeColts, who are always the faces of the show.

So he looks at USPW. Rising swiftly since Strong took over, has made big-money signings before and has a couple of it's main heels (Bruce/T-Rex) on the way out easily. He'd be one of their top heels, and a relatively fresh face for the fans. So he makes a shocking jump to USPW, beats out say Engyma or James Justice for the title, and starts a feud with Nicky Champion over the title. His success would then encourage the jump of Troy Tornado who would either bring in the rest of Painful Procedure or establish his own stable with the Rock City Stars, Eve Grunge and an enforcer (The Big Problem in my opinion), neatly replacing the Sneer Corporation as USPW's heel stable.

Bumfholes, Awesomeness and Biggz
Biggz would probably in USPW, though I've got no clue about Bumfholes. Maybe one goes to TCW and the other sticks it out in SWF? Awesomeness in SWF sounds great.

Finally, it's not just me that wants to see the naysayers proven wrong and The Big Problem having become a massive name (or at least, an upper card threat) somewhere, right?

As he is in 2010, the guy's a beast already. Whether on the independent circuit or USPW, he's a complete monster to have. I threw him down in developmental in my USPW game for six months, his skills got up so fast that I could have easily put him in the main-event without any problems. As is, he's anchoring my B-show (USPW/SCCW Superstars) alongside my avatar, Jack DeColt, Des Davids, Travis Century, and Bruce The Giant.

In 2015? I'd say throw him in as an enforcer in USPW or send him up to CGC and make him the Dan DaLay replacement for Elite (or whatever replaces Elite).

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
USA

NYCW

Still floundering around bringing in veteran talent with an occasional young guy.

Key Additions: Giant Redwood, Runaway Train

Alumni: Ford Gumble

I would think that R-Train would be at that point where he is too popular to ever work for anything under Cult (Example: Sting in TNA) I dont think they could offer him the cash he would demand.

I don't know why so many people seem so eager for Rick and Rocky to have left TCW... the thing is, they're both TCW-made stars. Not necessarily the 100% best fits for the promotion, but names made by them nonetheless. The departure of somebody like Tornado makes a lot more sense purely because he's been around and about the main event level for SO long without ever reaching the pinnacle - and you could see him getting frustrated after all that time.

But why would Rocky Golden - TCW world heavyweight champion at 26 after they undisputedly made him, just up and leave within the next five years? At the very least it should be a really big deal and a major moment of 'history', not just a given, like seems to be getting bandied about.

I want Rocky to be a big star somewhere... I know a lot of people don't like him but he's only gonna get better. He's set to be very mercenary so I'd love to see him follow the money, which could easily take him on a North American tour. With his star quality and skills, he can write his own ticket and do whatever he wants.

Unrelated event... I want Jack Bruce to be off in Hollywood. He'll be in his 40s, fading skills and a new wave of young stars taking over. I can't see him managing, I can't see him road agenting, I can't see him commentating... but I can see him in Hollywood becoming a big mainstream star. Or at least a bit of a star. :)

Otherwise I'm personally biased since Rick Law is my favourite worker, but he would be in an ideal position to step up and fill the shoes of departures like retiring Sam Keith and RDJ.

A lot of people forget that Rick Law joined TCW to follow Sam Strong, leaving a regional USPW at the time... with USPW doing great business and Law having had some tough times in TCW, I could see Strong tugging on the heartstrings of Law and stealing him ti USPW again. I can also see Strong trying to bring back Law's old USPW nemesis too... but I can't see Rich Money signing. Instead I see Rich using potential USPW money as leverage to get Richard Eisen to finally get him an SWF World title reign, no matter how annoyed Eric gets about it. ;)

I can't believe that one name hasn't come up much yet: Joey Minnesota! King Douchenozzle I think is a lock to be an ex-world champion at the very least. He's too good not to be.

I see him as a top TCW guy, always there in the main event. Probably a world champion, I can see him, Wolf and Tommy trading the belt between them repeatedly. Naturally, Joey should win his first title by beating Tommy, that's just how things should go in TCW. :)

Bryan Vessey on the other hand... well, he should never win the world title. Perhaps he gets on the wrong side of Tommy with his steroid issues and that leads to him getting fired and then going on to do whatever it was I suggested for him before (regional promotion in Michigan I think).

One final thing (off the top of my head) - Koshiro Ino should've gone back home by now. The whole point is that he came to the US to get experience, so he's had it - now he can return and be a big name in Japan?

Kudo is his mentor... if Kudo takes over GCG then I think Koshiro is heading there to become one of GCG's new wave of awesomeness. :)

Well, the idea I had was to mix gameplay and kayfabe by having Golden's run at the top be a flop. A mixture of the Freedom Fighters/Syndicate feud being much more important (and we all know it is), plus the concept of a veteran like Sam Keith being Golden's big title opponent instead of one of the bigger dogs. After all, others have flopped due to the Syndicate-Freedom Fighter storyline (Tornado, Rahn, Baine, etc...), he'd just be the latest casualty.

After dropping back down to upper-card due to his weak run, he'd be considering making a jump to SWF. But let's face facts. The SWF hasn't stolen anyone from TCW but Jack Bruce. They don't work like that (story-wise), and they usually prefer to push their own talents. Considering the big storyline for the next year or two would be centered around Bruce, Eisen and Money plus other rising talents like Brandon, Gieodryc, Remo, etc... He's got no room to play in there. A jump to Canada's possible as another member of the Elite, but even there he'll be working under a group of established main-eventers in the DeColts, who are always the faces of the show.

So he looks at USPW. Rising swiftly since Strong took over, has made big-money signings before and has a couple of it's main heels (Bruce/T-Rex) on the way out easily. He'd be one of their top heels, and a relatively fresh face for the fans. So he makes a shocking jump to USPW, beats out say Engyma or James Justice for the title, and starts a feud with Nicky Champion over the title. His success would then encourage the jump of Troy Tornado who would either bring in the rest of Painful Procedure or establish his own stable with the Rock City Stars, Eve Grunge and an enforcer (The Big Problem in my opinion), neatly replacing the Sneer Corporation as USPW's heel stable.

I like all non-Golden related ideas here, especially a push for The Big Problem. I've loved the big idiot for a long time and he's perfect for USPW. I always imagine him getting "You can't wrestle!" chants only to repeatedly chokeslam someone into oblivion and then spend about 10 minutes trying to lock in a gogoplata on his unconscious victim just to prove he can. If anyone can work that idea in, I'd be the happiest man alive. :)

Bumfholes, Awesomeness and Biggz
Biggz would probably in USPW, though I've got no clue about Bumfholes. Maybe one goes to TCW and the other sticks it out in SWF? Awesomeness in SWF sounds great.

As he is in 2010, the guy's a beast already. Whether on the independent circuit or USPW, he's a complete monster to have. I threw him down in developmental in my USPW game for six months, his skills got up so fast that I could have easily put him in the main-event without any problems. As is, he's anchoring my B-show (USPW/SCCW Superstars) alongside my avatar, Jack DeColt, Des Davids, Travis Century, and Bruce The Giant.

In 2015? I'd say throw him in as an enforcer in USPW or send him up to CGC and make him the Dan DaLay replacement for Elite (or whatever replaces Elite).

Biggz Brothers out of SWF for sure, they have already achieved everything they are ever going to achieve there so it's only a long, slow slide into obscurity. They'd need to lose Jessie before they go though, so a little rivalry with whoever her new clients are would be good for her... perhaps Gilmore forces her to "stop playing with the boys and come home", leading to him getting a shot at the big time once he gets her to actually start working with him instead of working against him. Or even something involving Kristen Pearce since she's Jessie's sister. All of that could tie in to Gilmore/Jessie going home to Canada to raise their kids while Kristen becomes a new evil manager in the SWF.

I liked the idea about Randy getting PO'ed and leaving SWF because of DuBois getting success despite being a douche while the Bumfholes work hard and go nowhere. I can see Zimmy being caught in the crossfire too, getting stuck in the midcard due to his brother walking out on the company as a way of punishing him. Gives him a good reason to not be where his awesome talents say he could be. Might also be a good time to rename one of both of the Bumfholes, which is something a lot of people do. I think Elijah Starr is a great name for Randy... just saying. ;)

While talking about the SWF. Train has got to have left by then... he's old, he sucks and he's getting less over in every iteration of the game. If he finds his way to USPW then I can see him still working as a way to get his daughter Lisa on the roster there... otherwise he's in NYCW living off past glories or retired for good, possibly as the worst road agent around.

I also can't see Marat Khoklov still being in the SWF beyond his current contract. I see him abusing his creative control and annoying Eisen so much that he doesn't even try to renew the deal (and doesn't give the giant a title run either) leading to Marat moving on. His time in the SWF would have helped his performance skills though, leaving him a far better worker than when he was last in Japan... a move to BHOTWG would make me happy, where their big heavyweights like Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Yasunobu Masuno, Yasahiko Taira and Nissho Yuasa would all make fantastic natural rivals for the giant.

I'd also love to see Miyamae and Shimedzu move to GCG from BHOTWG... they're lost in the shuffle just now after bulking up, GCG in it's current state of revival could offer them a place to flourish as Kudo lets his influence roll out over the company. :)

And that brings me to related point: New owners. We should probably set that first before anything, shouldn't we?

I think we've proposed Larry Vessey for NYCW, Mean Jean Cattley for MAW, Jeremy Stone for NOTBPW, Charron for MHW, Kudo for GCG and Tyler Baker/Dark Angel for HIW. But what about USPW? Should Nicky Champion take it or should it be Alicia? And CWWF? WLW-Mexico? the SWF? Should Richard retire and if so, should it be Eric or Jerry?

I agree with all of those owners except Nicky Champion at USPW. Why can't Strong still be owner? Not like he is dead (or maybe he is by then) and look at Harley Race IRL. I say leave Strong in charge. CWWF could be Victoria Stone after family fights with new ownership. As for SWF I don't know either.

I would think that R-Train would be at that point where he is too popular to ever work for anything under Cult (Example: Sting in TNA) I dont think they could offer him the cash he would demand.

Train won't be in SWF though and I don't think USPW has the need/room for him. I'd have The Big Problem, and other new guys such and Findlay, and possibly Genghis Rahn being the new big guys in USPW.

I want Rocky to be a big star somewhere... I know a lot of people don't like him but he's only gonna get better. He's set to be very mercenary so I'd love to see him follow the money, which could easily take him on a North American tour. With his star quality and skills, he can write his own ticket and do whatever he wants.

Unrelated event... I want Jack Bruce to be off in Hollywood. He'll be in his 40s, fading skills and a new wave of young stars taking over. I can't see him managing, I can't see him road agenting, I can't see him commentating... but I can see him in Hollywood becoming a big mainstream star. Or at least a bit of a star. :)

A lot of people forget that Rick Law joined TCW to follow Sam Strong, leaving a regional USPW at the time... with USPW doing great business and Law having had some tough times in TCW, I could see Strong tugging on the heartstrings of Law and stealing him ti USPW again. I can also see Strong trying to bring back Law's old USPW nemesis too... but I can't see Rich Money signing. Instead I see Rich using potential USPW money as leverage to get Richard Eisen to finally get him an SWF World title reign, no matter how annoyed Eric gets about it. ;)

I see him as a top TCW guy, always there in the main event. Probably a world champion, I can see him, Wolf and Tommy trading the belt between them repeatedly. Naturally, Joey should win his first title by beating Tommy, that's just how things should go in TCW. :)

Bryan Vessey on the other hand... well, he should never win the world title. Perhaps he gets on the wrong side of Tommy with his steroid issues and that leads to him getting fired and then going on to do whatever it was I suggested for him before (regional promotion in Michigan I think).

Kudo is his mentor... if Kudo takes over GCG then I think Koshiro is heading there to become one of GCG's new wave of awesomeness. :)

I like all non-Golden related ideas here, especially a push for The Big Problem. I've loved the big idiot for a long time and he's perfect for USPW. I always imagine him getting "You can't wrestle!" chants only to repeatedly chokeslam someone into oblivion and then spend about 10 minutes trying to lock in a gogoplata on his unconscious victim just to prove he can. If anyone can work that idea in, I'd be the happiest man alive. :)

Biggz Brothers out of SWF for sure, they have already achieved everything they are ever going to achieve there so it's only a long, slow slide into obscurity. They'd need to lose Jessie before they go though, so a little rivalry with whoever her new clients are would be good for her... perhaps Gilmore forces her to "stop playing with the boys and come home", leading to him getting a shot at the big time once he gets her to actually start working with him instead of working against him. Or even something involving Kristen Pearce since she's Jessie's sister. All of that could tie in to Gilmore/Jessie going home to Canada to raise their kids while Kristen becomes a new evil manager in the SWF.

I liked the idea about Randy getting PO'ed and leaving SWF because of DuBois getting success despite being a douche while the Bumfholes work hard and go nowhere. I can see Zimmy being caught in the crossfire too, getting stuck in the midcard due to his brother walking out on the company as a way of punishing him. Gives him a good reason to not be where his awesome talents say he could be. Might also be a good time to rename one of both of the Bumfholes, which is something a lot of people do. I think Elijah Starr is a great name for Randy... just saying. ;)

While talking about the SWF. Train has got to have left by then... he's old, he sucks and he's getting less over in every iteration of the game. If he finds his way to USPW then I can see him still working as a way to get his daughter Lisa on the roster there... otherwise he's in NYCW living off past glories or retired for good, possibly as the worst road agent around.

I also can't see Marat Khoklov still being in the SWF beyond his current contract. I see him abusing his creative control and annoying Eisen so much that he doesn't even try to renew the deal (and doesn't give the giant a title run either) leading to Marat moving on. His time in the SWF would have helped his performance skills though, leaving him a far better worker than when he was last in Japan... a move to BHOTWG would make me happy, where their big heavyweights like Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Yasunobu Masuno, Yasahiko Taira and Nissho Yuasa would all make fantastic natural rivals for the giant.

I'd also love to see Miyamae and Shimedzu move to GCG from BHOTWG... they're lost in the shuffle just now after bulking up, GCG in it's current state of revival could offer them a place to flourish as Kudo lets his influence roll out over the company. :)

Rocky Golden - Stays in TCW and is basically RDJ's replacement.

Wolf Hawkins - Serving the role of the 2nd best heel now behind Cornell. (Sort of the Randy Orton to Goldens being Cena)

Rick Law - I see him in a sort of Big Show kind of role. Always a threat to the title but is happy being a gateway most of the time.

Troy Tornado - Has a fantastic feud with Joey Minnesota that steals the show time and again. Both men earn title runs in this time.

Sammy Bach - Fired Karen Killer and went on a face run. Never held a World title but is where Tornado was in 2010 basically.

Koshiro Ino - Leaves to GCG.

Bryan Vessey - Leaves for Japan again.

Joey Minnesota - After his 2nd title run leaves with Bryan Vessey as they are good friends now.

Eddie Peak - Signs with PSW after not being anything more than a monster heel in TCW and a failed face run.

American Buffalo - Either USPW, NYCW, maybe BHOTWG, or retired. (I see him being sort of like Vader though)

Biggz Boys - Head to NYCW when SWF allows their contracts to run up.

Randy Bumfhole - Name change and in Canada or TCW.

Marat Khoklov - Returns to Japan.

Angry Gilmore - One of the top heels in SWF.

Jack Bruce - On Hiatus or Out of Business would work. Set him as retired and working as a personality would work too.

Black Hat Bailey - Retired

Bruce the Giant - Retired and possibly helping in Australia as a personality.

Sam Keith - Retired and working as a manager/occasional wrestler in CGC or USPW.

Giant Redwood - Still wrestles in USPW but is one of the bottom guys in the promotion.

Jim Force - Now running in NYCW as a midcard act.

The Big Problem - Upper card in USPW.

Giant Tana, Clark Alexander, Rhino Umaga, Kid Toma, and Akima Brave all start a new promotion out of Hawaii.

Aaron Andrews - Joins this Hawaiian promotion after never achieving much in TCW.

LOVE everyones ideas with MAW and the roster leaving for the most part. Those who stay will be the top guys in MAW by this time.

5 years is a long time. Perhaps you could convince some renderers to do some updated versions of the stars? Some big stars or former big prospects could be bloated and out of shape, or sickly looking drug addicts. Some could have gotten more muscular. Women especially could have gone the way of many former divas and look like they've had 5 too many plastic surgeries.

In fact since TEW has many similarities to the late 90s, you could look at a lot of the major changes that occurred between 2000 and the mid 2000s, such as long hair becoming uncool, drugs becoming a major no-no leading to an influx of smaller workers (perhaps after a few major-name deaths). Many of today's stars would be seen as nostalgic stars of old (perhaps in USPW?). Most big tag teams will have split up and generally tag teams could mean less. Nearly every company would have a new product and logo. Many companies existing 2010 will have went belly-up.

Actually you could do the complete opposite of those ideas and it would still be interesting. Either way, 5 years is massive in wrestling and there would be huge social changes, product changes, worker changes and promotion changes.

Big edit for the sake of making my point. People who lasted between 2000 and 2005 in WWE

Bradshaw

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Christian

Eddie Guerrero

Edge

Hardcore Holly

Kane

Kurt Angle

Mark Henry

Matt Hardy

Scotty Too Hotty

Sho Funaki

Steven Richards

The Big Show

Triple H

Undertaker

Val Venis

Viscera

William Regal

People who lasted between 1997 and 2002

Al Snow

Billy Gunn

Blackjack Bradshaw

Bob Holly

DLo Brown

Farooq

Goldust

Hunter Helmsley

Jeff Hardy

Kama Mustafa

Kane

Matt Hardy

Rocky Maivia

Scott Taylor

Shawn Michaels

Steve Austin

The Sultan

Undertaker

Seems for WWE at least, there's only around 20 people in the roster last more than 5 years. And the differences between the characters those people played in 5 years is astounding. 5 years is the difference between

-Rocky Maivia and Hollywood Rock

-The Sultan and Rikishi

-Kama Mustafa, The Godfather and the Goodfather

-Fake Diesel and Masked Kane and unmasked Kane

-Horrible person Shawn Michaels and humbled, returning Shawn Michaels

-Goofy Kurt Angle and serious Angle

-Sleazy Eddie and Fun, cheateing, significantly bigger Eddie

-Totally Awesome tag team Edge and Rated R Superstar Edge

5 years is a long time. Perhaps you could convince some renderers to do some updated versions of the stars? Some big stars or former big prospects could be bloated and out of shape, or sickly looking drug addicts. Some could have gotten more muscular. Women especially could have gone the way of many former divas and look like they've had 5 too many plastic surgeries.

In fact since TEW has many similarities to the late 90s, you could look at a lot of the major changes that occurred between 2000 and the mid 2000s, such as long hair becoming uncool, drugs becoming a major no-no leading to an influx of smaller workers (perhaps after a few major-name deaths). Many of today's stars would be seen as nostalgic stars of old (perhaps in USPW?). Most big tag teams will have split up and generally tag teams could mean less. Nearly every company would have a new product and logo. Many companies existing 2010 will have went belly-up.

Actually you could do the complete opposite of those ideas and it would still be interesting. Either way, 5 years is massive in wrestling and there would be huge social changes, product changes, worker changes and promotion changes.

I really hope the CVerse doesn't go the route of the real world though. The cartoony characters is what makes the CVerse great. A bunch of generic workers would dull the CVerse I feel.

The idea of looking at how things changed in 5 years in real life would be good for ideas though. I don't want TCW, USPW, or SWF closing though. In fact I'd prefer a parrallel of early 90s to 98ish when the tide turned and the WWF wasn't the top promotion anymore. TCW being number 1 would be interesting like WCW in the Monday Night Wars.

Point is I guess I would like the CVerse to be it's own world though and not be a real world clone.

New worker renders are always great though for future debuting workers. Can't ever get enough of those.

The above point is thread endingly poignant. Saying a guy like Rick Law will still be police man Rick Law after five years? Yikes. Five years is a lifetime, a career in some cases in the real world... I know the C-verse has always existed by its own set of pro wrestling conventions, but in the end... a five year jump would need some major shake ups, a lot of new renders and some real "from the ground up" creativity as far as promotions and... well, the history of those five years.

The above point is thread endingly poignant. Saying a guy like Rick Law will still be police man Rick Law after five years? Yikes. Five years is a lifetime, a career in some cases in the real world... I know the C-verse has always existed by its own set of pro wrestling conventions, but in the end... a five year jump would need some major shake ups, a lot of new renders and some real "from the ground up" creativity as far as promotions and... well, the history of those five years.

The history would probably be the toughest part because not everyone will agree as to what should happen.

However if the original poster wants to do it then he should. Ultimately though he should put a lot of thought into his decisions and do what HE wants to do with it.

The history would probably be the toughest part because not everyone will agree as to what should happen.

However if the original poster wants to do it then he should. Ultimately though he should put a lot of thought into his decisions and do what HE wants to do with it.

This mod is meant for the community by the community, and therefore should have input from the community. I'm arguing for what I like, yes. But if someone else's idea gains more momentum among the group of people commentating here? We go with it. :)

Well how about we get some structure to this? Let's map out the last 5 years of the major companies. Starting with SWF. Things we'll need for each year:

Hirings:

Firings:

Injuries:

Misc Noteworthy News (TV/PPV changes, new championships, suspensions, deaths, etc):

PPV Results (Only really need main feuds and title changes)

When Hell Freezes Over

Nothing to Lose

Awesome Impact

The World is Watching

Master of Puppets

Times of Trouble

The Supreme Challenge

Welcome to the Jungle

Under Control

Let the Games Begin

Break Like the Wind

Christmas Clash

What we could do is decide on the changes we want in 2015 and work backwards to fill in the timeline. Thoughts?

Well how about we get some structure to this? Let's map out the last 5 years of the major companies. Starting with SWF. Things we'll need for each year:

Hirings:

Firings:

Injuries:

Misc Noteworthy News (TV/PPV changes, new championships, suspensions, deaths, etc):

PPV Results (Only really need main feuds and title changes)

When Hell Freezes Over

Nothing to Lose

Awesome Impact

The World is Watching

Master of Puppets

Times of Trouble

The Supreme Challenge

Welcome to the Jungle

Under Control

Let the Games Begin

Break Like the Wind

Christmas Clash

What we could do is decide on the changes we want in 2015 and work backwards to fill in the timeline. Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea! I will contribute tomorrow sometime in this format.

From my own modding experience, it's better to get a rough draft of the rosters down first and then go backwards. As long as you know some of the major events that lead up to things then you can work out the specifics after that. Trying to book every little minute detail will take forever and one small change can ripple out to do a lot of damage to those plans.

As such, I'd build up the rosters as much as you can and then piece whoever is left into the gaps, possibly by asking people what promotions you'd like to see them in. Knowing what size you want promotions to be at helps too, as then you can start to build the right popularity levels for the workers involved and start getting the balance right. Build from the top down... that way you you know where the top guys are and the less important people will fall into place behind them. Notes are the key when organising a full mod... you gotta know where people are going and where they are within the group. My CV97 mod has some helpful tools on how to do that. :)

This may sound outrageous, but seeing as TCW in some small ways is pegged on the old WCW (eg, NWO = Syndicate), how about TCW has died due to the financial issues mentioned already in the game?

Alternatively, maybe it has merged with NOTBPW to form a united performance-bias north american challenger to SWF? This could also counter the excessive dominance the two tend to have in the AI world by having just the 1.

This may sound outrageous, but seeing as TCW in some small ways is pegged on the old WCW (eg, NWO = Syndicate), how about TCW has died due to the financial issues mentioned already in the game?

Alternatively, maybe it has merged with NOTBPW to form a united performance-bias north american challenger to SWF? This could also counter the excessive dominance the two tend to have in the AI world by having just the 1.

I've taken over NOTB as SWF before, signed all the big names and ran a brand split: SWF-USA, mainly SWF stars, & SWF-Canada, mainly old NOTB guys, but some crossover. Even made a couple of titles for the Canadian brand

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1315/swfnotb.jpghttp://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9789/swfcan.jpg

Just a thought, ignore by all means ;)

Rather than killing anyone, given the number of new workers joining the database it's probably best to keep the promotions. One of the biggest problems in the game is that there is enough talent to support a LOT of large promotions. By diluting the talent pool and with some smart work on talent and popularity levels then there won't be so many super-promotions. Setting NOTBPW to be a bit smaller in Canada will stop them rising so fast, allowing other promotions to get their paws on the top talents. With CGC growing, Mexico succeeding and the big 3 in America (perhaps with CZCW growing somewhat too) and some considerable competition in Japan too... well, there's gonna be a tough time for TCW and NOTBPW to dominate. Hopefully that would balance things since it's a case of getting high show ratings intead of lots of fans that determines popularity. Minor tweaks to product may also slow them down... I don't believe that products that are "much more rated on performance" can succeed in North America in modern times because pro wrestling IS entertainment, not sport. As such, forcing TCW and NOTBPW into products that prevent them even changing their products to much more rated ones could slow them down. And TCW should at least be set to an 80% match ratio so they use angles... they'll still be high rated, but it'll actually make them sound like they are the promotion their current bio makes them sound like. :)

EDIT: As previously mentioned too, reducing the physical condition of a lot of veterans so that they are actually physically breaking down will help too. If done across the board as if the game was being simmed properly then over 40s (most of the Stones for example) won't be able to put on megamatchers every week any more, which seems appropriate given the style of wrestling work rate promotions employ. TCW would also be in a similar boat, with this wear and tear being something that could play into the reasons why others move on to new pastures. :)

I was stunned when neither TCW nor SWF had a fledgling Women's Division in 2010, seeing as how it's pretty much a prerequisite for American wrestling promotions these days. I'd lean towards giving SWF some girls, but I'd have them follow the WWE methodology; fresh faces plucked out of modelling catalogues. Maybe one talented woman plucked from AAA. Maybe someone from BSC. Maybe one of SWF's managers learned to work. Otherwise, all new characters. I guess the AI will take the usual route of 'fixing' the division with actual workers, harming the smaller promotions, but there you go.

I'd expect a bunch of turnover when it comes to the women. I've run the occassional 5+ year AAA/BSC game. Good bunch of them walk off into the sunset.

Agreed on the women's divisions. Have one company (USPW probably) take them seriously but the other two have a handful of models. Perhaps there was a Diva Search style reality show held by SWF for a few years and TCW picked a few that didn't win.

Time hasn't been kind on Tyson Baine:

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/TysonBaine2015.jpg

Figured I'd do some renders while I put off revision. Here's Skull DeBones, 2015 style

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/SkullDeBones2015.jpg

I love that render... would love it even more if someone else other than a 44 year old veteran who even in my game with a seemingly awesome destiny roll is still only a good brawler with above average skills elsewhere. Still... he could have an acolyte who ultimately destroys him and takes on his mantle... perhaps Findly O'Farrady could fill that role. :)

Jack Bruce goes corporate, Angry Gilmore has tried to toughen up and Jungle Jack drops the Jungle gimmick

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/JackBruce2015-1.jpghttp://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/AngryGilmore2015.jpghttp://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/JungleJack2015.jpg

Edit, and one more before bed. Wolf Hawkins

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/WolfHawkins.jpg

Zen does seem set to be the #1 company with Raw as it's main rival. Both would be cult deals I'd imagine, with the other two companies struggling beneath their war. We might be able to add one more company depending on much talent there is left...

Being an Australian, I'm not too keen on having the New Zealand promotion being the number one standing company in the Australian base. New Zealand is a very small country (Eastern Australia is almost 4 times the size of New Zealand) and Eastern Australia is the main area of Australia (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne are like Miami, New York and Los Angeles of Australia) while nearly half of Central Australia is vacant and the majority of Western Australia is vacant. I honestly couldn't realistically see a non-Eastern based promotion dominating in the Australian area and I can't see many Australians tuning into watch a sub-par wrestling show which is based in New Zealand.

Ideally what should/could happen is you could use USPW's rise to help APW after Bruce The Giant returns back home for a short stint in the ring before retiring and taking over the company. His friendship with Sam Strong could ensure that APW gets access to more talented American workers to help get the promotion over quicker than the competition. The theory would be that APW would be used as a "development terrory" but secretly used as a way to ship over talent. Strong could send over some quality road agents/trainers/announcers, etc and help get Swoop McCarthy over.

Anyways to add on some suggestions:

Jessie leaves SWF shortly after falling pregnant to triplets - never to return to the business again (only later to be revealled to be Big Smack Scott's children; leading to Scott being released and Gilmore divorcing Jessie - ala a more extreme story of Kurt/Karen/Jeff). Also make regens for the children.

Have Remo leave SWF in 2012 after a World Title reign to go and join USPW on an Enygma type deal - Steve Frehley aswell.

Start 2015 with Angry Gilmore FINALLY getting a run as World Heavyweight Champion - a journeyman storyline ala Chris Benoit.

Marat should be reveered in America like an Andre The Giant type character by the time his contract expires in 2014 - with two lengthy World Title reigns. I think after he leaves SWF in 2014, the toll of professional wrestling should have taken it's toll.

I also had a go at the SWF World Heavyweight Title history:

Angry Gilmore...........Dec 14 -

Eric Eisen (3)...........May 14 - Dec 14

Marc DuBois.............Nov 13 - May 14

Rich Money (2)..........Apr 13 - Nov 13

Marat Khoklov (2).......Feb 12 - Apr 13

Eric Eisen (2)..........Dec 11 - Feb 12

Brandon James...........Jul 11 - Dec 11

Remo....................Apr 11 - Jul 11

Marat Khoklov...........Aug 10 - Apr 11

Christian Faith (5).....Jul 10 - Aug 10

Rich Money..............Mar 10 - Jul 10

Eric Eisen..............Dec 09 - Mar 10

For Rick Law, it occurs to me that he may have at some point dropped the Rick from his name, and become simply 'The Law', (or, if you'd like, 'The LAW' for added emphasis). As The LAW, he could still dole out Law & Order as he saw fit, he could still be the lawman, but he could also be a vigilante character, or a force for good, fighting against all the forces of evil in the sport. Tons of possibilities, I think. He'd even be solid as an authority figure at some point, maybe.

Just throwing out a few ideas there.

Archived