2015 Mod?

Being in Oz, I just wanted to throw in that for me I've really struggled at times to buy into the Australian C-Verse scene. All times I've played in it I've heavily edited beforehand. ZEN's style IMO does not quite fit in with what people down under would find funny. Making them no.1 doesnt click.

Also, Marat being a big player and already having at least one title reign in the SWF should be a lock-in.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on what promotions should exist by 2015 (just copied and pasted Hashasheen's list and made adjustments)

Canada

NOTBPW - Cult

CGC - National

4C - Regional

ACPW - Small

CWWF - Small (Open 2013)

QPW-Local (Open 2012)

CGC have risen to the top of the Canadian mountain, whilst NOTBPW have run into problems with their previously dependable main event now becoming old and broken down, with no new stars to take over. CWWF opened in 2013 when NOTBPW abandons their women's division. Don't see any need for either NOTBPW or CGC to have developmental territories, with the indies of 4C, ACPW and QPW (open since 2012) providing enough of a feeder to the Canadian big leagues.

USA

SWF - International (women's division added 2011)

TCW - International

USPW - National

CZCW - Regional

PSW - Regional

FCW - Regional

AAA - Regional

NYCW- Small

MAW - Small

RIPW - Small

Kanzen Pro - Small (Open 2011)

BSC - Small (Become SWF development territory 2013)

PWMAX - Small (Open 2012)

TCW developmental (potentially TWL under RDJ) - Small (Open 2014)

Kept this pretty much as Hashasheen suggested, except that SWF, TCW and USPW would be a definite big three, with CZCW still stuck at Regional. Changed the Hawaii promotion to Kanzen, rather than Lethal Ring...as I feel Lethal Ring's product is similar to the other new indy PW-Max. Like the idea of TCW having their own developmental territory but for it to not been open until 2014. One more thing to add, after reading Self's post with re BSC- Honey Golightly takes Richard Eisen's cash to turn BSC into a feeder league for SWF's new Women's Division.

UK

21CW - Cult, branching into Europe

HIW - Small (Open 2013)

ROF - Regional

Still only three promotions, MOSC has died (closed in 2012) and HIW has risen in it's place. ROF has risen to Regional size and offer the only real competitive alternative to 21CW's dominance of the UK scene.

Japan

BHOTWG - National

PGHW - Cult

GCG - National

WLW - Cult

WEXXV - Small

Exodus 2010- Small (Open 2010)

5SSW - Regional

Hinoto Dojo - Small

Pro Wrestling SAISHO- Regional (Become independent in 2012)

WINNOW - Small (Open 2011)

BHOTWG are still top in Japan, but the main threat to their top spot is from a resurgent GCG under the guidance of Haruki Kudo, and boosted by Koshiro Ino's decision to be loyal to his former mentor rather than BHOTWG on his return to Japan. PGHW draw parallels with NOTBPW, in the fact that they are struggling to replace a once awesome but now broken down main event scene. WLW are slowly growing and are having a better time of keeping hold of their stars and look set to challenge PGHW for number 3 spot. WEXVV is still just about hanging on, Exodus 2010 has opened up. Both Hinote and Saisho are still around, but only Hinote remains a development territory, with Saisho severing ties with PGHW in 2012 (and it's been to their benefit, as they have risen to Regional). WINNOW is formed as a rival to 5SSW in 2011, by Kit Hatoyama who fell out with 5SSW management.

Europe

UEW - Regional

EWA - Regional

MOSR (Men of Steel Reborn)- Small (Open 2014)

UEW and EWA continue to battle it out as the top fed in Europe and both have risen to Regional, though both are now also under threat from 21CW who are looking to expand into Europe. VWA is a massive flop, and though it struggles on for a number of years, it eventually closes in 2012- having never risen above Small status. In 2014,the Men of Steel brand, see's a revival not it's former home of the Northern UK but Scandanavia.

Australia

ZEN - Regional

RAW - Cult

APW - Regional

DIW - Small

Don't see any need to change the number of promotions in Australia. RAW have overtaken APW as the top promotion, and ZEN have risen to Regional Size.

Mexico

SOTBPW - Cult

OLLIE - Cult

MPWF - Regional

MHW - Small (Open 2011)

SOTBPW and OLLIE are battling out as the top promotion in Mexico, with MPWF still surviving but a distant third. MHW opened in 2011, offering an 'alternative' but they have struggled to make it above small size.

My thoughts on what promotions should exist by 2015 (just copied and pasted Hashasheen's list and made adjustments)
I like some of your thoughts, especially concerning Canada, though I don't know if having NOTBPW end their women's division is for the best. I can definitely see the two developmental feds are overkill. As for the USA, I'm ambivalent the idea of how SWF develops a women's division and disagree on Kanzen. PWMAX/L-Ring being similar products is true, but if that were the case I'd cut PWMAX and let L-Ring exist and make Kanzen a future company. UK needs at least four companies to make use of more workers IMO, so I'm curious to see what ideas other people have. The PGHW drop makes perfect sense, as does WLW fighting them for third. Exodus 2010 existing is a shrug from me. Would do good for Japan, I suppose. Wasn't Saisho opened up by PGHW directly? Severing ties seems a bit impossible in those circumstances, especially with PGHW likely to bring up a lot of it's talent to make up for it's devastated main-event. I actually considered Ginko Kuroda to open WINNOW. As for Europe, not sure why you had MOSC return and to there of all places. A VWA flop could be possible, but Europe needs more enhancing (not too far, just a couple of small-time promotions) to entice players. You've got me nearly sold on Australia and Mexico though.

I like some of your thoughts, especially concerning Canada, though I don't know if having NOTBPW end their women's division is for the best. I can definitely see the two developmental feds are overkill.

NOTBPW end their women's division, because they need to focus on rebuilding the men. However one the women who were dropped by NOTBPW aren't happy about this and form CWWF- in the believe that they need to keep alive competitive womens wrestling in not just Canada but North America.

As for the USA, I'm ambivalent the idea of how SWF develops a women's division and disagree on Kanzen.

SWF's women's division will be more eye-candy focused, a bit like the Diva's division in the WWE pre PG-era. USPW's women's division would provide more of a more middle ground for women's wrestling. Then again perhaps having an eye-candy focused women's division in the SWF and an eye-candy focused womens fed in BSC could be over-kill. So perhaps there should just be one or the other.

PWMAX/L-Ring being similar products is true, but if that were the case I'd cut PWMAX and let L-Ring exist and make Kanzen a future company. UK needs at least four companies to make use of more workers IMO, so I'm curious to see what ideas other people have.

I just prefer the idea of Kanzen (who offer something a little different) opening in Hawaii, rather than Lethal-Ring. I would keep PWMax as a fed, but have have them open up somewhere else other than South-West (you already have TCW and CZCW in that region).... never got why Great Lakes doesn't have a fed either already opened up or in the future feds.

The PGHW drop makes perfect sense, as does WLW fighting them for third. Exodus 2010 existing is a shrug from me. Would do good for Japan, I suppose. Wasn't Saisho opened up by PGHW directly? Severing ties seems a bit impossible in those circumstances, especially with PGHW likely to bring up a lot of it's talent to make up for it's devastated main-event. I actually considered Ginko Kuroda to open WINNOW.

I just like the idea of Exodus 2010 opening up, to give more Japanese indy wrestlers somewhere to work, other than the random Independent shows. Forgot Saisho, were actually opened by PGHW...but I just feel that PGHW would struggle to keep a development territory going, if they have fallen to the point where they are struggling to stay ahead of WLW and are no longer seen as a threat to BHOTWG. Perhaps instead PGHW pull the plug on Saisho, and another indy fed-in the vein of say JCW is opened up- though in that case I would have the fed only be small size, rather than Regional. Ginko Kuroda opening up WINNOW could work too, rather than an alumni of 5SSW.

As for Europe, not sure why you had MOSC return and to there of all places. A VWA flop could be possible, but Europe needs more enhancing (not too far, just a couple of small-time promotions) to entice players. You've got me nearly sold on Australia and Mexico though.

VWA just look like a recipe for disaster to me, yeah the MOSC idea was rather silly, looking at it :p But I guess I just wanted to keep hardcore wrestling alive in the European/UK scene and have a third European fed, that offers something entirely different to UEW/EWA. Perhaps reviving the failed MOSC in Scananavia isn't the best idea though- as it's not like someone would be reviving an ultra succesful brand.

Ok, just my first thoughts on the matter of 5 years of changes. I'm just going to concentrate on the US.

Companies are going to have evolved their brands. Id be amazed if all of the US promotions are still under the same names. Likely candidates to change things up would be ones who are looking to expand and move away from the confines of single area company names. PSW and CZCW come to mind.

Atleast one or two companies will have been started and failed, with inevitable fall outs and relationship woes.

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before, but the big query for me is what era is SWF now in? If we can crack that then Id think we'd know how a lot of characters have evolved/left/joined the company.

Looking just at NYCW:

Steve Flash is still working, in his description it says "a fair few years left in him". Id imagine that means he's doing a final lap of victory by 2015. Id really love to hear that hes been training a young protoge in NYCW.

Who will take over?

Well stick with me now, this might be a bit of a bananas theory.. If Larry Vessey took over NYCW its bound to have caused a stir and changeup. His preferral of "Realistic Wrestling" and highly driven attitude is a bit of a change from The Stomper's slowly slowly traditional, and he's likely to have now been in charge since 2011. So thats 4 years of Vessey pushing hard to carve out his lineage. That might not go down so well with the fanbase.. Would it be crazy to suggest a small scale revolt and takeover bid from a fan consortium? The keyfabe storyline (after the takeover) comes as an invasion wave of true NYCW patriot heroes lead by a returning Whistler coming out of semi-retirement to take the company back to what it's meant to be.

One way or another, if NYCW is to remain the way it is without The Stomper at the helm, something has to give a good reason as to why it continues to be kept in 1988 time-warp land.

CZCW

I see Fox Mask running and owning CZCW, as of 2011 has the most championship reigns, so by 2015 i imagine him the main star of the promotion and i dont see Cliff Anderson keeping the company much longer. with CZCW mostly being raided( Remmy Skye,Marc Speed, and Donnie J. seems likes locks to be gone) Fox Mask, Masked Cougar, Al Coleman and Matt Sparrow are now in the main event and right behind them is Jake Idol and California Love Machine in the upper midcard. Id like to see Teddy Powell in there as well if possible. What about possibly Roderick Remus and the Cannonball Kid also coming to CZCW and both are close to breaking into the main event.

NOTBPW end their women's division, because they need to focus on rebuilding the men. However one the women who were dropped by NOTBPW aren't happy about this and form CWWF- in the believe that they need to keep alive competitive womens wrestling in not just Canada but North America.
Hm... I can see some potential to combine this with a BSC death...

SWF's women's division will be more eye-candy focused, a bit like the Diva's division in the WWE pre PG-era. USPW's women's division would provide more of a more middle ground for women's wrestling. Then again perhaps having an eye-candy focused women's division in the SWF and an eye-candy focused womens fed in BSC could be over-kill. So perhaps there should just be one or the other.
How about SWF raids BSC as a whole after the short-lived wrestling revolution lead by Tamara McFly. Upset over the end of the experiment and Honey Golightly taking the buy-out, McFly goes back to Canada and starts up CWWF alongside her sister-in-law Victoria and the NOTBPW women's division, who have been let go in an slightly difficult decision to keep costs down. Victoria took exception to the release of 'her' division and combined with Jeremy taking over the company, asked for her release and decided to restart the division as a company. We'd mention some tension between Jeremy and Victoria but not put it in-game because that would erase the blood relative relationship data. Sound good?

I just prefer the idea of Kanzen (who offer something a little different) opening in Hawaii, rather than Lethal-Ring. I would keep PWMax as a fed, but have have them open up somewhere else other than South-West (you already have TCW and CZCW in that region).... never got why Great Lakes doesn't have a fed either already opened up or in the future feds.
I can agree on both PWMAX being elsewhere as well as a Great Lakes fed. The reason I'm suggesting L-Ring over Kanzen is because of their bio of getting a huge grant from the tourism department, meaning having them restart Hawaiian wrestling and then having Kanzen Pro come in as a future fed alternative sounded better.

I just like the idea of Exodus 2010 opening up, to give more Japanese indy wrestlers somewhere to work, other than the random Independent shows. Forgot Saisho, were actually opened by PGHW...but I just feel that PGHW would struggle to keep a development territory going, if they have fallen to the point where they are struggling to stay ahead of WLW and are no longer seen as a threat to BHOTWG. Perhaps instead PGHW pull the plug on Saisho, and another indy fed-in the vein of say JCW is opened up- though in that case I would have the fed only be small size, rather than Regional. Ginko Kuroda opening up WINNOW could work too, rather than an alumni of 5SSW.
We'd probably have to rename Exodus 2010 into just Exodus, but it's still a decent idea. I can see where you're going with the PGHW/SAISHO idea and I can agree to an extent. Costs + needs new blood would make them raise up everyone and shut it down ala the WCW Power Plant. I think Exodus alone could take over with SAISHO's death.

VWA just look like a recipe for disaster to me, yeah the MOSC idea was rather silly, looking at it :p But I guess I just wanted to keep hardcore wrestling alive in the European/UK scene and have a third European fed, that offers something entirely different to UEW/EWA. Perhaps reviving the failed MOSC in Scananavia isn't the best idea though- as it's not like someone would be reviving an ultra succesful brand.
It wouldn't be that hard to have a hardcore fed. Like I suggested before of using that Spanish summer touring promotion. Use that and just change the product. It'll even neatly fit in to why they only work in the summer months = their workers need time off to recuperate. But it's only a part-time fed, so keeping VWA or going with the Johannson/Scandinavian fed also sounds viable. Plus, I think we should make region-based television networks for Europe, since those regions basically encompasse multiple countries...

I would miss playing as BSC. I'm a fan of mods having a little something for everyone. Promotions to suit all needs. BSC are pretty unique, especially compared to AAA & CWWF, which I see as a case of "same show, different country". Granted, SWF would take over 'diva' style stuff, but they're vastly different companies, presenting vastly different challenges for a player. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to play as SWF. If BSC is taken out (which makes sense on many levels) I'd like there to be a spiritual successor in the lower leagues. Maybe different country. Maybe a hybrid promotion with guys in it too. Sex & Violence or Sex & Comedy.

I'd also be wary about having American & Canada mirroring each other. The entertainment companies (SWF & CGC) on top. The wrestling companies (TCW & NOTBPW) in second place.

Oh, and while I assumed most of the BSC girls would be too old to be in SWF by 2015, a little research into WWE tell me... No. Most of the Divas are 27-29, with a few over 30. SWF would have no problem cherry-picking a couple of BSC's finest.

How big National will USPW be? If they are on the cusp of international they might really need some upgrades. Tornado and Law I see to be locks pretty much. Maybe Brandon James after his contract with SWF expires in 2013. I think he is mercernary so he chases money. Frehley also comes from SWF. Their midcard I could see C-V-2 being there unless Vessey wants to go t Japan. Bret Starr and maybe Earnest Youngman could also be there.

Ok, just my first thoughts on the matter of 5 years of changes. I'm just going to concentrate on the US.

Companies are going to have evolved their brands. Id be amazed if all of the US promotions are still under the same names. Likely candidates to change things up would be ones who are looking to expand and move away from the confines of single area company names. PSW and CZCW come to mind.

Atleast one or two companies will have been started and failed, with inevitable fall outs and relationship woes.

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before, but the big query for me is what era is SWF now in? If we can crack that then Id think we'd know how a lot of characters have evolved/left/joined the company.

Looking just at NYCW:

Steve Flash is still working, in his description it says "a fair few years left in him". Id imagine that means he's doing a final lap of victory by 2015. Id really love to hear that hes been training a young protoge in NYCW.

Who will take over?

Well stick with me now, this might be a bit of a bananas theory.. If Larry Vessey took over NYCW its bound to have caused a stir and changeup. His preferral of "Realistic Wrestling" and highly driven attitude is a bit of a change from The Stomper's slowly slowly traditional, and he's likely to have now been in charge since 2011. So thats 4 years of Vessey pushing hard to carve out his lineage. That might not go down so well with the fanbase.. Would it be crazy to suggest a small scale revolt and takeover bid from a fan consortium? The keyfabe storyline (after the takeover) comes as an invasion wave of true NYCW patriot heroes lead by a returning Whistler coming out of semi-retirement to take the company back to what it's meant to be.

One way or another, if NYCW is to remain the way it is without The Stomper at the helm, something has to give a good reason as to why it continues to be kept in 1988 time-warp land.

I was just doing a sim yesterday up to 2015. Dunton Hall took over NYCW, perhaps since NYCW is going a bit more High Risk they could make a bigger leap from what they are at in 2010 to what Hall might like. Could give people like Cal Sanders and The Paratroopers some work in the environment. If Fumihiro Ota isn't making waves in other companies then he could easily be there.

Since I'm on the East Coast I may as well talk about PSW. I can see them failing, whether it be from their Main Event retiring through injury over the years or they don't get the financial backing they would need to stay afloat. However, they could easily be standing tall as the premier East Coast company, much like DAVE was. Drawing in the biggest Crowds and racking in the money. But with a new NYCW(I would consider renaming as well maybe to the Empire World Wrestling logo Kam made(Correct me If I'm Wrong)) they could be losing their status as the best.

Too many posts to reply to all at once!

Would we see a brand split with most likely SWF?

Brand splits are for winners... with SWF and TCW seeming to be at the same level a brand split would be business suicide. The only reason to divide your talent pool would be of you thought you could be twice as successful... with TCW at the same level then the SWF is clearly not winning as much as they want to.

I would miss playing as BSC. I'm a fan of mods having a little something for everyone. Promotions to suit all needs. BSC are pretty unique, especially compared to AAA & CWWF, which I see as a case of "same show, different country". Granted, SWF would take over 'diva' style stuff, but they're vastly different companies, presenting vastly different challenges for a player. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to play as SWF. If BSC is taken out (which makes sense on many levels) I'd like there to be a spiritual successor in the lower leagues. Maybe different country. Maybe a hybrid promotion with guys in it too. Sex & Violence or Sex & Comedy.

Yeah, there should definitely be a skanktacular paradise somewhere. I hear New York is good for that sort of thing, or New Jersey or perhaps even a sequel in Vegas too. Everyone likes skanks. :)

I'd also be wary about having American & Canada mirroring each other. The entertainment companies (SWF & CGC) on top. The wrestling companies (TCW & NOTBPW) in second place.

Pretty sure the current set up has SWF and TCW on level pegging with each other in American, and then NOTBPW just a couple of steps behind CGC in Canada.

Oh, and while I assumed most of the BSC girls would be too old to be in SWF by 2015, a little research into WWE tell me... No. Most of the Divas are 27-29, with a few over 30. SWF would have no problem cherry-picking a couple of BSC's finest.

I imagine a lot of the BSC roster is either retired forever or has taken up manager jobs across the indy scene as they disperse to the winds. Dharma Gregg and the Neptune Twins might be part of the SWF SupremeSkanks division (name may need reconsidering :p) and some of Hannah/Kristen Pearce/Emmy might try their hand at wrestling since they're all young enough to give it a try... perhaps even Krissy Angelle laces up the boots again in the interest of making a lot of money on a national level.

How big National will USPW be? If they are on the cusp of international they might really need some upgrades. Tornado and Law I see to be locks pretty much. Maybe Brandon James after his contract with SWF expires in 2013. I think he is mercernary so he chases money. Frehley also comes from SWF. Their midcard I could see C-V-2 being there unless Vessey wants to go t Japan. Bret Starr and maybe Earnest Youngman could also be there.

USPW shouldn't be National. They'll be thrown straight into a National war with TCW and SWF, which by all rights they should be losing. People are trying to give them a roster of every good talent who has never had a title run, forgetting that most people shouldn't ever have a title run. While USPW should indeed have build up a few stars, they should be roughly in the position they are in now, perhaps a little more popular. They've got talent on the roster, but not enough depth to truly inspire. If they stick to what actually makes USPW the company we know then they have a lot of monster heels and a handful of smaller babyfaces fighting them off. "The Giant Killer" Nicky Champion is gonna be a homegrown star, I can see Steve Frehley heading over to them because he dislikes SWF's risque levels (already happens) and can't compete with Rocky Golden in TCW since they'd be kinda similar.... Rick Law has followed Sam Strong before and could be a main eventer there.... but after that it would be castoffs like Vengance (maybe), Runaway Train (who might be too old even for them) and Texas Pete.... the guys who are too old, not talented enough or who party too hard/don't get along with the boss. That's what USPW is, the place people go to get their break on the way to the big time OR the place careers go to die.

USPW at National is wishful thinking based on the fact they have interesting characters that we like... but they shouldn't be National, they're just our ECW but coming at it from the other direction entirely. :p

PRE-EDIT1: Oh... and the roster should pretty much shun anyone below 230 pounds. Sam Strong doesn't do cruiserweights and neither does USPW.

PRE-EDIT2: I had a thought based on real life Ric Flair stuff. The WWE basically pushed Flair to retire with his retirement angle and the Wrestlemania match with HBK. With so much talent backing up behind the likes of Christian Faith I can see him being pushed into a similar scenario, whereby he still wants to wrestle (because he's never had any severe injuries therefore is in good shape) but the SWF wants to give his spot to someone else. In-game he always leaves because of a clash with the product, but if you ever wanted to have Faith leave the SWF I think he'd have to be pushed... this could lead to the end of the friendship between Faith and Eisen (not necessarily a negative relationship, just back to neutral) and could send Faith off to a new home in USPW where he'd be a perfect fit. It would also free up a main event spot in the SWF, where we all see to be wanting to push a million different people into the 8 or so spaces there may actually be. :p

I was just doing a sim yesterday up to 2015. Dunton Hall took over NYCW, perhaps since NYCW is going a bit more High Risk they could make a bigger leap from what they are at in 2010 to what Hall might like. Could give people like Cal Sanders and The Paratroopers some work in the environment. If Fumihiro Ota isn't making waves in other companies then he could easily be there.

Since I'm on the East Coast I may as well talk about PSW. I can see them failing, whether it be from their Main Event retiring through injury over the years or they don't get the financial backing they would need to stay afloat. However, they could easily be standing tall as the premier East Coast company, much like DAVE was. Drawing in the biggest Crowds and racking in the money. But with a new NYCW(I would consider renaming as well maybe to the Empire World Wrestling logo Kam made(Correct me If I'm Wrong)) they could be losing their status as the best.

I like the idea that Vessey starts to modernise NYCW a bit, but they shouldn't suddenly become anything like a typical indy. Vessey has spent most of his career treating wrestling as a realistic sport and as such he should still be mostly loyal to NYCW's old school roots. High flying is an alien concept. There are good guys and bad guys, but things are taken pretty seriously. I can see Vessey moving more towards a sports presentation and clearing up any hokey finishes we might see... NYCW as a serious promotion for serious athletes could be an interesting proposition, but with the focus more on technical skill and brawling than on the kinds of things we might see in ROH. That wouldn't be too much of a chance but would be an interesting spin on traditional NYCW style wrestling. :)

Rather than quoting everyone I agree or disagree with before.

All promotions... Don't kill off any of them. They all have their place and I don't want the CVerse to go the same as real life. Promotions can be added to Hawaii, and Great Lakes for sure. In Canada a small womens promotion would be cool. I see it owned by Victoria Stone personally.

BSC - Leave them in the database. They wouldn't have a problem employing women there. Plus they aren't out trying to hire the best women wrestlers usually. You can take some of the more over women or better sex appeal women to be the start up of SWF's womens division. Most of those could be in developement. Then in there place just use brand new renders and create some women with high sex appeal and names that could be innuendos. Low skills except maybe athleticism, sex appeal, charisma, and star quality.

USPW - I agree with they shouldn't have grown just because we love them. We do love them for the characters. I can see Christian Faith being there. For every top level guy who is gone I feel we should replace them with a guy whether it's a veteran from elsewhere or a lower card guy who has moved up. MAIN EVENT of Faith, Vengeance, Nicky Champion, Enygma, Texas Pete, Tyson Baine, and Steve Frehley. Basically a throwback to SWF mid 2000's. Maybe James Justice has left for NYCW?

CZCW - Don't change their name. Fox Mask could be owner or head booker with a loyalty to CZCW. Antman could be here too as a main eventer. Jacob Jett could be main eventing. Teddy Powell being here would be cool but his physical shape would be fairly bad.

PSW - Again don't change the name. I'm not really for them growing too much. Maybe they are slightly improved but they still are pretty much the same. Remmy Skye could be main eventing after blowing chances in TCW and SWF.

NYCW - I liked the explaination of Vessey owning it and not changing the product much. Personally I prefer this scenario if we can't have Stomper owning it still. James Justice could be here since he is probably even more slowed down since 2010. He brings overness, basics, psychology, and a slightly lower selling than before.

MAW - Rip Chord could still own it. He and Jay had a falling out. Cattley is the man here. Much of the roster is gone from before. Maybe someone is following in Cattleys shoes and wants to take his role when he decides to retire.

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND - I feel APW should be the best with guys like Swoop McCarthy having left in 2011 they still can get a lot of talent. Australia has a lot of decent workers. ZEN is a gimmick promotion which is fun but thats about all I see in them. RAW is bleh to me.

Please just make sure the CVerse isn't a clone of real life.

USPW shouldn't be National. They'll be thrown straight into a National war with TCW and SWF, which by all rights they should be losing. People are trying to give them a roster of every good talent who has never had a title run, forgetting that most people shouldn't ever have a title run. While USPW should indeed have build up a few stars, they should be roughly in the position they are in now, perhaps a little more popular.

Thank you. That's a point I've been groping for but hadn't managed to figure out how to phrase/put across. There's nothing about USPW that suggests they should drastically improve (particularly given how many of their wrestlers are past it) - and certainly shouldn't be enough of an allure to get quite as many big names as people are suggesting.

would have thought that Train would have retired long before 2015, he'd be 50 by 2015 and already starts the game not in the best condition.

It varies. Sometimes he keeps at it, sometimes he retires. In my 2015 sim, he's retired - in my 2017 0/0/0/0, he's still main eventing for SWF.

I think CZCW should be a strong regional promotion at the very least. They always seem to climb to that position of 'super regional' that the AI doesn't appear to be able to grow out of in the vast majority of cases. They seem invariably to put on great shows. I wouldn't mind seeing them positioning for Cult at all.

And the gimmick carried him to the second biggest company in the USA and has him as one of the upper-carders in that promotion. He did well for himself with that gimmick, but I can easily see the need for tweaking. Consider perhaps a heelish turn as the embodiment of corrupt corporate enforcement? Or a truly amoral mercenary who has abandoned the higher path of serving the law in preference of serving himself, thinking himself above the law? Rick Lawless, shall we say?

See for me? He got over in spite of the gimmick, not because of. That's just my opinion.

So... ZEN. If they aren't going to do anything with the money they are given, are we just going to ignore the narrative that says they get something in the region of 8 million dollars? For every promotion that isn't ZEN I don't have a problem imagining that any money they make just goes to the owner as profit.... but an investment implies that they have to do something with the money. They can't just take the money and run, that would basically be thievery.

And when it comes to gimmickry, ZEN and RAW aren't exactly much different. I mean... just look at RAW. They're canonically successful in a short period of time, and ZEN are given a lot more resources.

Likewise, Idaho Punisher has a book... Magnum Kobe a number 1 single... and there's probably other stuff going on that I can't remember. :p

Thinking about it, the updating of NYCW sets up an interesting three way for King Of The Indies, with the sports like NYCW, the hardcore PSW and the high energy CZCW.

I wouldn't have PSW be in trouble because of an aging main event, as in the default data, they have shown an ability to attract talented young guys like Parker, Keith, etc. so they could easilly be moved up. I could see the product evolving, with Naess reacting to some severe injuries and retirements of his main eventers by toning the product down slightly while keeping the overall feel of PSW.

USPW should definately not be national. They should be set out as a cult level company that Sam has kept profitable by bringing in talent that appeals to their fanbase and keeping costs down. I would set them up with a PPV deal, which they always sign pretty early anyway, and give them some SWF/TCW castoffs(Texas Buffalo, Genghis Rahn, Danny Fonzarelli, Death Row, Frederique Garcia) with a couple of good signings like Vengeance and Frehley, and they are set.

Supreme and TCW should definately be level pegging, perhaps with the story that the Tuesday Night Wars have heated to the point that ratings victorys are traded every week. I definitely think Supreme shold have changed significantly, with a new booker (Jerry being the obvious choice), a Vixxens division, and a very new main event, with Faith, Train, Bruce, Frehley, Vengeance and probably Marat having moved on for various reasons. TCW, however, should be much more evolution than revollution. They have a product they are comforable with that attracts the sports fans. I don't see them launching a Womens division, as it would be just USPW/NOTBPW mark 3, and crippling to AAA and any CWWF launch.

So... ZEN. If they aren't going to do anything with the money they are given, are we just going to ignore the narrative that says they get something in the region of 8 million dollars? For every promotion that isn't ZEN I don't have a problem imagining that any money they make just goes to the owner as profit.... but an investment implies that they have to do something with the money. They can't just take the money and run, that would basically be thievery.

And when it comes to gimmickry, ZEN and RAW aren't exactly much different. I mean... just look at RAW. They're canonically successful in a short period of time, and ZEN are given a lot more resources.

Likewise, Idaho Punisher has a book... Magnum Kobe a number 1 single... and there's probably other stuff going on that I can't remember. :p

The money can be invested but just because they get a lot of money invested doesn't mean it jumps their popularity. They could have tried to film a movie with that money and it flopped? Or could have made a video game that did ok but didn't really turn a profit. Maybe they redesigned their belts, ring, and entrance? Maybe they built an arena? The investment doesn't mean they are the best promotion in Australia.

So I am not saying we should ignore it. We could give them more money in 2015 and momentum and even a small tv show.

I just feel like APW would be the most successful promotion there. Not that APW would be a huge company or anything but just the best out of the choices there.

I like the idea that Vessey starts to modernise NYCW a bit, but they shouldn't suddenly become anything like a typical indy. Vessey has spent most of his career treating wrestling as a realistic sport and as such he should still be mostly loyal to NYCW's old school roots. High flying is an alien concept. There are good guys and bad guys, but things are taken pretty seriously. I can see Vessey moving more towards a sports presentation and clearing up any hokey finishes we might see... NYCW as a serious promotion for serious athletes could be an interesting proposition, but with the focus more on technical skill and brawling than on the kinds of things we might see in ROH. That wouldn't be too much of a chance but would be an interesting spin on traditional NYCW style wrestling. :)

I'm in agreement that NYCW should have evolved by now, especially if someone takes over from The Stomper. As much as some people like playing a really old school fed, it's un-realistic to have them still stuck in the 1980s. Not saying that they should suddenly become a roster full of spot-monkey's with people doing triple handspring back elbows and shooting star presses to the floor, but they should no longer be slow-paced old school traditional, where a chinlock is still sold like 'death'. Wrestling presented realistically and competively would be the way for NYCW to evolve, without completely abandoning it's old values.

In alot of ways I would like to see NYCW (with a possible name change, to reflect evolvement in both style and ambition) and PSW to be at Regional level, battling out with one another to be the premier east coast indy.

Thank you. That's a point I've been groping for but hadn't managed to figure out how to phrase/put across. There's nothing about USPW that suggests they should drastically improve (particularly given how many of their wrestlers are past it) - and certainly shouldn't be enough of an allure to get quite as many big names as people are suggesting.

Yes.

The point of USPW in gameplay terms is theyre big enough to be good fun for someone who watches WWE but small enought that you still get the fun of growing them. That has to stay. The possibility of growth is also balanced by the backstage difficulties (Redwood, Valentine etc) so if theyre going to be bigger then the problems need to be too.

Simple right? Just give them BSS. Or else give some of the talented young'uns some personal demons (a la Jack Griffith).

What if Nicky Champion has improved but its becoming harder and harder to conceal his drug use?

Enygma has got far too comfy with his 10year $30k contract and become a total tool

Thats why I wanted to give them minor TV deals elsewhere (UK, Japan, Hawaii). They dont need to have grown much outside the Aus region but TV deals (on the back of corporate schmoozing) would mean they'll have to grow quick enough to be able to renew those deals (that all finish inside the next 2 years).

International exposure for a small company isnt something we've really had before. Might be a unique challenge/situation...

Alright I’ve done some more work/thinking on what the UK could be like in 2015. This is just my thoughts so please critiques as you see fit.

People have suggested a company in every region and I also agree with the fact that we need more promos not less so the basic setup would be:

This is assuming that all regions importance get boosted up. It’s just a lot more fun that way.

South (London)

21CW are still going strong. They’re the biggest company in the UK and a lot closer to USPW cult than they are at the moment.

Many people thought that when joss Thompson left the company would lose ground but Jeff Nova surprised everyone by taking a more active role in the company and filling the void with Adam Matravers, Jonathan Faust and Rolling Johnny Stones.

Stones has since left for Japan but years of TV have elevated 21CWs roster to very popular heights with the aforementioned names being very well known alongside some younger workers like Arthur T Turtle, Ripper Lestat and Mister King who have all broken through.

The NSW has been fantastic for 21CW with numerous graduates now established workers including Leigh Burton, War Machine, Sifu and the Red Devils.

21CW also have one of the hottest young prospects in the country after a much-publicised theft of Wade Orson from ROF.

The company is made up of aging but popular stars with years of TV behind them and a talented but far less-known base of youngsters.

North

ROF have gone from strength to strength as the rest of the world has finally realised that the Wigan school has been producing talented technical wrestlers. This type of work has become much more popular and now ROF are a clear 2nd place to 21CW.

ROF have managed to sign some big names from 21CW (who got fed up of all the pantomime rather than real fighting) and have been dominated by Pitbull Brown, Daniel Black Francis, Merle O’Curle (before he went to Japan), Nigel Svensson and Don Henderson.

Backing them up have been loyal ROF types like Martin Heath, Jon Michael Sharp, Alton Vicious and Riddick Jordan.

Wade Orson was of course the great hope until he sensationally walked out for the money of 21CW.

ROF have recently made some aggressive signings of their own and have picked up Luke Cool and Burning Exile and Ricky Storm.

In many ways they’re the opposite of 21CW with a more talented roster but far less well-known names. The playing challenge is getting popularity for big names without TV before 21CW get too far ahead, of course stealing 21CW workers isn’t much of an option due to very different products.

Midlands

HIW opened up in 2012 when Dark Angel decided to move back to the UK.

He’s not getting any younger so he’s used himself sparingly in the ring but has given his brother Harry a big push under the guise of grey Angel (with a similar mask). Unfortunately this hasn’t done Harry’s ego any favours and everyone knows he’s a bit of a prima donna apart from Cliff himself.

For the last 2 years the headline feud has been Grey Angel vs Red Dragon with both men holding the UK championship.

Dark Angel and grey Angel have never faced each other in the ring but rumours abound that it might be on the horizon.

The HIW product is based around high-flying action with a bit of hardcore thrown in. It’s very non-family and thus hasn’t had huge exposure. It’s also the only company in the UK without a traditional face/heel divide.

The roster is made up of smaller, cruiserweights (Pigeon Mask, brilliant White, Liam Lutz, Joe Lewis) with the notable exception of Menace.

Gamewise the lack of face/heel divide is a different challenge but the real interesting bit is trying to get ratings out of a broke-down Dark Angel before he falls apart and leaves you a ME made up of older guys, bastards and kids. Similar to USPW in some ways…

Scotland

MOSC have certainly not made a ton of cash or headlines but their unique product in the nation has seen them stay open (if only just).

Nothing much ash changed. They still like blood, beer and brawling up there and the McPetersons are still in charge although Geordie Jimmy Morris now has the book.

The real optimism for the company is their recent mega-signing of Nightmare. The big man never really hit the heights he was expected to at 21CW and his drinking made him unpopular backstage. Having said that Jeff Nova knew the value of a killer heel and kept him around until the recent emergence of War Machine, Beast Bantom and Grave Digger rendered Nightmare defunct.

He’s by far the most popular worker in MOSC thought and if they can suffer his tantrums and drinking could do very well.

Other names in MOSC include Danny Patterson, Puffy The Sand-iron Player, Ultra Violence and Dwayne Dark (who never caught on in 21CW but has been a reliable pro).

In game terms they’re there to be a very different product as well as a potential regional competitor for expanding companies. Regional battles need to be far more dangerous!

Ireland

In late 2014 21CW announced a major expansion of the NSW. Although the dojo has been producing talented workers they’ve tended to stagnate as they haven’t been pushed over the established stars at the top of the card and many have had to leave(see Dwayne Dark and Bedlam at MOSC, Joe Simpson at HIW, Simon Ice at ROF…). As a result they’ve set up 21CW:Dublin as a finishing school where graduates will be sent to work before they’re ready for a main roster push.

Sensationally the whole edifice will be under the control of Britain’s ambassador to the ROI Dunton Hall (who’s always wanted his own wrestling company but never had the time to do it full time) and under the auspices of ‘headmaster’ Gerry Kilbane (The Dublin Destroyer).

As yet the roster has not been finalised but it’s expected to be made up of NSW graduates with the occasional star without a current storyline to help out and keep busy.

Obviously as a child promotion they’re not playable (without editing) but should help to stop the dynamic of a bunch of talented youngsters remaining unemployed and not improving.

My own thoughts.

PSW

------------

Chugging along despite what the wrestling purist predictions to the otherwise. As someone else said in this thread, Naess was able to prove early on he could attact solid young talent (much like DAVE did) when he was able to bring in stars such as Ash Campbell, Nelson Callum, Steven Parker and Matthew Keith, and thus his roster has a spring in it's step. Steven Parker and Matthew Keith will gone of course; Parker to advance his career and Keith will have toured a few more indies before hitting the big time. Ash Campbell might still be there, but if he is he'll a middleweight and have improved his rumble stats greatly. I could see Nelson Callum still being in PSW having become Johnny Martin's protege (given Callum's stats his style is actually very much like Martin's) and having become a Rick Rude style character (Rude was actually in ECW for a bit; he loved the freedom to swear on live TV by all accounts).

A name change a la ECW is inevitable: Just as Eastern Championship Wrestling became Extreme, Pittsburgh needs to be come something like Pure Steel Wrestling or something; it's just a logical marketing thing.

For Sayeed Ali I suggest he was hired by NOTBPW to be in a stable with Haynes, Brown and Harlem, but was later let go and joined PSW as while as returning to 4C.

Whenever I play as PSW, I pretty much always hire Jack Griffin and give him the gimmick of a bitter veteran, raging that he "never got his shot" in DAVE and thus has become an anti-hardcore assh-le who hates anyone associated with DAVE or anyone who wants to be like the DAVE crew. I use him as my evil Terry Funk.

Acid II will be an interesting case; he'll either being doing both CZCW and PSW, since CZCW was the birthplace of the Acid character and DAVE was where it really took off, or WLW or NOTBPW will be have snatched him up.

@Boltinho

If HIW comes around MOSC will be dead. Personally I'll be pretty sad to see a promotion that's been around since the 80s go, but if HIW exist their dynamic product will be a superior version of the type of show MOSC fans want to see.

@Boltinho

If HIW comes around MOSC will be dead. Personally I'll be pretty sad to see a promotion that's been around since the 80s go, but if HIW exist their dynamic product will be a superior version of the type of show MOSC fans want to see.

Totally see your point but a larger number of promotions means more emplyed workers and more options.

And the products are different enough to attract very different fans.

HIW is modern/cult/daredevil. MOSC is hardcore/cult and far more traditional.

Plus one is presumably in Manchester and the other in Birmingham! They're small enough that theyre based on people who actually turn up of course.

I don't think Ash Cambell should go the way of Nemesis and bulk up and turn brawler. I imagine his dad wanted to bulk up for Eisen since it was the 90s and SWF wasn't really a BHOTWG in terms of how they like lightweights. On top of that I think too many sons are the same as their fathers (Keiths and Chord come to mind). I would prefer more 2nd/3rd generation people like C-V-2 where they don't just come as a rehash of their respective fathers (or Uncle for Casey).

Archived