DAVE: Survive (CV2001)

I noticed in my Default CVerse game with NYCW that booking bigger arenas (even if you don't sell it out) can result in an pop/importance bump. Perhaps that was due to a variety of factors, but I've just gotten in the habit of doing it.

I wasn't aware of the pop/importance bump myself, but then again I don't check the "frequently asked questions" thread half-enough

I have heard of it. Pictures too bland? I believe Cat Jemson is the only one I used because the board does such a better job of rendering girls than the default ones. Everyone else is the picture assigned at the beginning of the game. If it's a "use more re-renders" thing I'll be glad to spice up the pics. If it's a credit thing, I'll track down who did Jemson and gladly give them credit for their excellent work.

If I'm using any other re-renders and don't realize it, sorry Re-Renderers! Let me know which ones are re-renders and I'll give you credit for sure.

It's not that they're too bland, I was just surprised that you were using all the default pics for everyone, whereas most people tend to have a mixture.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't aware of the pop/importance bump myself, but then again I don't check the "frequently asked questions" thread half-enough

Who knows, it may be my imagination, but DAVE made money last month so I'm not too concerned right now. When we rise to Cult, and it will be when, it will probably play a bigger difference. Of course, then, I'll be able to sell out McGaw.

It's not that they're too bland, I was just surprised that you were using all the default pics for everyone, whereas most people tend to have a mixture.

You know I thought about using re-renders, but I just decided to use the pictures that I see everyday in the game to keep some consistency. Plus, not all of them are bland. Everybody uses the re-rendered Emma Chase. I like my original Emma!

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_DAVE-2.jpg</span><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> We now know that Nemesis will defend his DAVE Unified Championship against Madman Boone at Attitude Adjustment. But, it was Phil Vibert's shocker at the end of last week's Danger Zone TV episode, that has everyone buzzing. A mere three days before Attitude Adjustment, Nemesis will have to take on Boone and "The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler in a Handicap Match. Will the champ be able to fight off both men and gain momentum going into Attitude Adjustment or will Boone and Tyler manage to get a leg up on Nemesis? </p><p> </p><p> Johnny Martin and "The Hardcore American" Chris Caulfield have had no love lost between them recently. Both Martin and Caulfield, accompanied by the lovely Emma Chase, will be in attendance this Friday night. And there's sure to be fireworks between the two DAVE superstars.</p><p> </p><p> Also, the tournament to crown new #1 Contenders to the DAVE Tag Team Championship continues. Bryan Holmes and Kunomasu were at each other's throats recently, but seemed to be on the same page during their Quarterfinal match. This Friday, they'll face against a more experienced team in The New Wave. The youngsters want to stake a claim to being the best tag team in DAVE, but beating Holmes and Kunomasu will be no easy task.</p><p> </p><p> In our other semifinal match-up, The Animalz, former 2 Time DAVE Tag Team Champions will step into the ring with Kurt Laramee and Hardcore Killah. Laramee showed last week he's willing to go to any lengths to win. The rabid Animalz must be on the lookout for Laramee's main man, Carl Batch, who contributed to Laramee and Killah's victory last week when he burned "The Priest of Pain" Pablo Rodriguez with his trademark cigar. </p><p> </p><p> And a special bout for those in attendance. The rookie Valiant seemingly has that "it factor" every wrestler covets. After an impressive showing last week, the newcomer will be in action against "The Jurassic Power" T-Rex. </p><p> </p><p> The final countdown to Attitude Adjustment begins this Friday on Danger Zone TV only on East Coast Today.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#000080;">Prediction Key:</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> "The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone vs Nemesis [Handicap Match]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu vs The New Wave [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah vs The Animalz [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> T-Rex vs Valiant [Dark Match]</span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p>"The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone vs <strong>Nemesis </strong>[Handicap Match]</p><p>

Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu vs <strong>The New Wave</strong> [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p>

Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah vs <strong>The Animalz</strong> [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p>

T-Rex vs <strong>Valiant </strong>[Dark Match]</p>

<p>Quick Picks:</p><p>

"The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone vs <strong>Nemesis</strong> [Handicap Match]</p><p> </p><p>

Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu vs <strong>The New Wave </strong>[DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p> </p><p>

Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah vs <strong>The Animalz </strong>[DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p> </p><p>

T-Rex vs <strong>Valiant</strong> [Dark Match]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Really liking this. I would say I would like to see a little other world information. Nothing big as DaVE is the main point, but just to see how other things are going on would be cool. Keep up the great work.</p><p> </p><p>

Trevor</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jtnlange" data-cite="jtnlange" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick Picks:<p> "The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone vs <strong>Nemesis</strong> [Handicap Match]</p><p> </p><p> Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu vs <strong>The New Wave </strong>[DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p> </p><p> Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah vs <strong>The Animalz </strong>[DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p> </p><p> T-Rex vs <strong>Valiant</strong> [Dark Match]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Really liking this. I would say I would like to see a little other world information. Nothing big as DaVE is the main point, but just to see how other things are going on would be cool. Keep up the great work.</p><p> </p><p> Trevor</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for kind words. I'm going to keep running those really short quotables here and there when it's appropriate which will deal with various things including new relationships in DAVE. Also, I'll start running a monthly "American Wrestling News" featuring SWF, HGC, and USPW and containing the monthly event recap and any title changes, retirements, etc.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EricTyler.jpg</span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I took the kid under my wing because I saw something in him. 20 years old, didn't really know how to work a hardcore match, but he gave it his all every night he stepped in the ring. Plus, he had that look about him that the crowd couldn't help responding to. I thought he might be the next Sam Strong.</p><p> </p><p> When you're 42 years old, working in front of a couple thousand people every week, there's the future to think about. Some guys never leave the business. I knew I'd probably be one of those guys. So, I thought, ten years from now if I want to open the School of Tradition up North, train the next generation of wrestlers, it couldn't hurt to be known as the guy who trained Valiant. The guy who helped him become a superstar. You can't buy that kind of reputation.</p><p> </p><p></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p>

<p>"The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone vs <strong>Nemesis </strong>[Handicap Match]</p><p>

<em>Since this is the go home into the PPV, I'm assuming the champ is going to pull some ace out from his sleeve or Tyler won't be able to cooperate with the wild hardcore outsider</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu</strong> vs The New Wave [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p>

<em>Homles and Kunomasu will break...but not yet. I think it'll be the PPV when they explode on each other again.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah vs <strong>The Animalz</strong> [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p>

<em>The Animalz are much more solid than their oppenets</em></p><p> </p><p>

T-Rex vs <strong>Valiant </strong>[Dark Match]</p><p>

<em>Valient is being pushed as the hot new thing in DAVE, T-Rex is a monster who never wins: you do the math. </em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Celt" data-cite="The Celt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone vs <strong>Nemesis </strong>[Handicap Match]<p> <em>Since this is the go home into the PPV, I'm assuming the champ is going to pull some ace out from his sleeve or Tyler won't be able to cooperate with the wild hardcore outsider</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu</strong> vs The New Wave [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p> <em>Homles and Kunomasu will break...but not yet. I think it'll be the PPV when they explode on each other again.</em></p><p> </p><p> Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah vs <strong>The Animalz</strong> [DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal]</p><p> <em>The Animalz are much more solid than their oppenets</em></p><p> </p><p> T-Rex vs <strong>Valiant </strong>[Dark Match]</p><p> <em>Valient is being pushed as the hot new thing in DAVE, T-Rex is a monster who never wins: you do the math. </em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whaddya mean T-Rex never wins. Oh wait, he never does win. I'm smelling an upset victory over Nemesis for the DAVE Unified Championship in his future. Let the Jurassic Age begin!!!!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smwilliams" data-cite="smwilliams" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33218" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whaddya mean T-Rex never wins. Oh wait, he never does win. I'm smelling an upset victory over Nemesis for the DAVE Unified Championship in his future. Let the Jurassic Age begin!!!!!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WELL LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING DUDE, THIS T-REX JACK HAS GOT "IT" BROTHER! HE MAY NOT KNOW A WRIST LOCK FROM A WRIST WATCH, BUT HE'S GOT SUPERSTAR WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM! HE'S JACKED, LOCKED AND READY DUDE! I SEE THE LOOK THE STRONGAMANIACS GET WHEN THEY LOOK AT THIS MONSTER BROTHER, AND I KNOW HE'S GOING PLACES! NEMESIS? WHO'S HE, SOME GUY WHO CAN'T EVEN BEAT SOME LITTLE BRITISH KID WITHOUT GOING NUTS! THAT'S NOT HOW WOULD I WOULD HAVE DONE IT BROTHER, I'D HAVE MANNED UP AND DONE WHAT I DID TO MICKEY STARR AT THE SUPREME CHALLENGE AND LET THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWN WHAT'S UP DUDE</p><p> </p><p> Uh, I GOT SIDETRACKED TALKING ABOUT MYSELF...again...BUT YEAH, THIS R-TEX KID HAS GOT IT BROTHERJACKDUDE! MUSCLES BROTHERS, MUSCLES!</p>

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/banner.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_SWF.jpg

Size: Global

SWF World Heavyweight Champion: Christian Faith [3] (def. Sam Keith in January 2000)

SWF North American Champion: Freddie Datsun (def. Enforcer Roberts in December 2000)

SWF World Tag Team Champions: The Lords of War [4] (def. The Biggz Boyz in July 2001)

Last Event: SWF The Supreme Challenge 16 (78)

Main Event: Christian Faith def. Eric Eisen to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship (78)

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_HGC.jpg

Size: National

HGC World Heavyweight Champion: Liberty [2] (def. Tommy Cornell in April 2001)

HGC International Champion: Joel Bryant (def. Craig Prince in November 2000)

HGC World Tag Team Champions: The Demons of Rage [3] (def. Painful Procedure {BJ Shearer & Randall Hopkirk} in March 2001)

HGC Hardcore Champion: Grunt (def. Madman Boone in July 2001)

HGC Cruiserweight Champion: Ota (November 2000)

HGC Cruiserweight Tag Champions: The Tokyo Express {Ota & Naruto} (def. The Young Guns {Harry Allen & Steve Gumble in May 2001)

Last Event: HGC Summer Showdown (80)

Main Event: Liberty def. Rip Chord to retain the HGC World Heavyweight Championship (83)

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_BHOTWG.jpg

Size: National

Burning World Champion: Bruce The Giant (def. Tadiyuki Kikkawa in January 2000)

Burning Japanese Tag Champions: The Rebellion {Miyamae & Shimezdu} (August 1996)

Burning Junior Champion: Elemental II [4] (def. Optimus in April 2001)

Burning International Tag Champions: Fukusuburu Inao & The Awesome Kiyaru (August 1996)

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_DAVE-1.jpg

Size: Regional

DAVE Unified Champion: Nemesis [2] (def. Eric Tyler in May 2001)

DAVE Brass Knuckles Champion: Alex Braun [2] (def. Kurt Laramee in May 2001)

DAVE Tag Team Champions: The Darkness Warriors [3] (def. The New Wave in January 2001)

[/indent][/indent]

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_DAVE-2.jpg

DAVE Danger Zone TV

Thursday, Week 1, August 2001

From The Den, New England, USA

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_T-Rex-1-1.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_vs.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Valiant-1-1.jpg

Dark Match: "The Jurassic Power" T-Rex vs Valiant

The rookie Valiant once again dominated the opening match of the night. Using a variety of moves, he stymied the larger T-Rex and eventually pinned him after a V-Split at 4:01.
Winner: Valiant

Rating: 7

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_MitchNaess_alt2.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_PhilVibert_alt2.jpg

Mitch Naess: Welcome to the Danger Zone! We are three days away from Attitude Adjustment.

Phil Vibert: Three long days until the event that will shape DAVE for the months to come. And, tonight, we'll get a preview of Attitude Adjustment's main event when the DAVE Unified Champion, Nemesis, takes on his Attitude Adjustment opponent Madman Boone and Eric Tyler in a handicap match.

Mitch Naess: A match made, of course, by yourself Phil.

Phil Vibert: The fans wanted to see Nemesis and Madman Boone square off Mitch.

Mitch Naess: It was all for the fans I'm sure.

Phil Vibert: The fans love me.

[Johnny Martin's music hits]

Mitch Naess: Almost as much as they love this guy.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_JohnnyMartin.jpg

[Johnny Martin appears at the top of the ramp, seemingly very focused, ignoring the taunts and vitriol spewing forth from the crowd]

Johnny Martin: I don't care if you boo me or swear at me or threaten me. I'm here to talk about a man who doesn't know when to walk away. Chris Caulfield. The so-called "Hardcore American". This thing between me and Nemesis didn't involve you. It was personal. You aren't John's friend, you aren't his partner, you're just a guy looking to take down the biggest man on campus. And you're an idiot. I could cancel the match at Attitude Adjustment, let you walk away with the confidence that you made Johnny Martin back down. Take the hit and focus all my attention on John. It'd be the smart thing to do. I could do that, but I won't.

"The Hardcore American" is a nice moniker, we can put it on the shirts and the magazines and make a whole lot of cash. Swinging a fake steel chair at someone's head is one thing. Bringing it backstage is another. The minute I heard you talking s*** about me, that I was upset because I wasn't the biggest star in DAVE anymore and that's why I went after John and how you were going to kick my ass in the ring and after Attitude Adjustment. Well, that's another. This is going to a place I don't think you can stomach, Chris. John and me, we're at war, a brutal, bloody war between two men who won't stop until the other is dead or quits. All you've done Caulfield is get yourself and your pretty little girlfriend caught in the crossfire.

Rating: 64

Mitch Naess: Strong words from Johnny Martin Phil.

Phil Vibert: He's absolutely right Mitch. Caulfield had no business getting involved with Johnny and Nemesis. Maybe he should've thought twice about going after the DAVE icon out of some sense of misguided justice.

Mitch Naess: I'm sure Caulfield would love to exact some of that justice at Attitude Adjustment.

Phil Vibert: Good luck, that's all I have to say.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Non-Wrestler2-2.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_KurtLaramee.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_HardcoreKillah.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_CarlBatch.jpg

Scott Williams: Hello Kurt.

[Laramee grabs Williams by the shirt and pushes him up against a wall]

Kurt Laramee: What'd you call me?

Scott Williams: Your name Kurt. What the hell is wrong with you.

Kurt Laramee: Sounded like something else. My bad. Brandon, Wolverine you watching how scared this boy is. I'm sure you're shaking just as bad. The Animalz. After tonight, I might just chain you all up in my backyard and feed you the scraps from that sweet prime rib my honey's cooking up. Cause see, tag team gold is in the playboy's future, and two dumb ass guys who smear makeup all over their faces so they look pretty ain't gonna stop me. Right Killah?

Hardcore Killah: Damn straight.

Kurt Laramee: That lawn-mowing, burrito-eating p**** Gonzalez saw what happens when you get in the playboy's way. Put his partner on the shelf. Guess that's why they call him "The Lone Wolf".

[Laramee cackles hysterically]

Kurt Laramee: Tonight, I'm gonna make those poodles that call themselves The Animalz my bitches. 'Cause the playboy don't play boys.

Rating: 42

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_KurtLaramee.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_HardcoreKillah.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_CarlBatch.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_vs.jpg

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_BigCatBrandon_alt4.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_TheWolverine_alt1jt.jpg

Kurt Laramee & Hardcore Killah w/Carl Batch vs The Animalz

*DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal*

Laramee and Killah took control early in the match when Laramee almost pinned The Wolverine following a steel chair shot. A hot tag to Big Cat Brandon turned the tide momentarily, but as Batch distracted the referee, Laramee delivered a low blow. Brandon, somehow, kicked out at 2 though. It seemed it was only a matter of time before Laramee and Killah could end the match, until "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez came through the crowd. While Laramee tangled with The Wolverine on the outside, Gonzalez entered the ring and nailed Hardcore Killah with brass knuckles. Big Cat Brandon took advantage and nailed an Animal Instinct. Ryan Holland counted 1, 2, 3 and the match was over at 9:52.
Mitch Naess: The Wolverine taking exception to Laramee's tactics pulls him off the apron and sends him flying into the steel guard rail.

Phil Vibert: Not a smart move by the veteran there as Hardcore Killah has Brandon on the ropes.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_ShawnGonzalez.jpg

Mitch Naess: Wait a minute! "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez is here. He came through the crowd. What's that in his hand. Oh! A big right hand to Hardcore Killah and Laramee's partner is woozy.

Phil Vibert: A coward's move Mitch. It looked like he had brass knuckles. And rather then go after Laramee, he went after Hardcore Killah instead.

Mitch Naess: And I think we're about to find out why. Brandon's regained his senses. Animal Instinct! Animal Instinct! Brandon covers. 1...2...3! The Animalz have won thanks to Shawn Gonzalez.

Phil Vibert: Laramee does not look too happy. He's completely forgotten about his partner down in the ring, focused on Gonzalez backing up the ramp instead.

Winners: The Animalz

Rating: 45

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_KurtLaramee.jpg

Kurt Laramee: Gonzalez, get back here you son of a bitch. You come here, cost me my chance at some sweet gold, and think you can run away. Boys in the hood have gotten capped for less. Couldn't even come at me like a man. Hablo ingles? English, mother f*****, do you speak it? You understand what I'm saying. I'm gonna end your barrio-living ass once and for all. Tables, chairs, your lawnmower, bring whatever the hell you what. I got my boy, Carl Batch, at my side. What he did to your boy Pablo ain't gonna compare to what I'm gonna let him do to you after I murder ya ass. Me, you, Last Man Standing at Attitude Adjustment.

Rating: 49

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_ShawnGonzalez.jpg

Shawn Gonzalez: Kurt, hombre, you shouldn't have done what you did. Took a cigar to a man who did nothing to you. Pablo is my friend. You talk about coming at you like a man. You ain't a man, you a boy, right? I got no problem meeting you in that ring Monday night. Last Man Standing? Sounds good to me. Bring your chica Batch too. He'll get what's coming to him. Viva el lobo! Viva el lobo!

Rating: 46

Mitch Naess: Wow, another huge match for Attitude Adjustment. Kurt Laramee and "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez in a Last Man Standing Match. These two have had their problems with one another in recent weeks and it looks like it'll all be settled this Monday.

Phil Vibert: You can't like Gonzalez' odds in that one Mitch. Laramee will go to any lengths. He has no conscience. And he'll have Batch at his side.

Mitch Naess: I don't know Phil, Gonzalez seems determined to gain some measure of payback for what Laramee and Batch did to Pablo Rodriguez last week. Speaking of payback, Scott Williams is in the back with Emma Chase and Chris Caulfield.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Non-Wrestler2-2.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EmmaChase.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_ChrisCaulfield_alt3.jpg

Scott Williams: Guys, I'm here with Emma Chase and "The Hardcore American" Chris Caulfield. Emma...

Emma Chase: Oh, Johnny. Don't be upset that Chris is more than you'll ever be, that the fans love him more than you. That I love him more than you. Let's go back a couple of years ago. Phil Vibert pulled me out of nothingness and brought me into DAVE. You were kind Johnny. You showed me the ropes, introduced me to everybody, gave me tips on how to work a mic. And I was grateful. But, you mistook that gratitude for affection. We went our separate ways, no hard feelings. Then I met Chris. That drove you crazy Johnny. Didn't it? Unlike you, Chris doesn't need to go out in front of those people and run his mouth. Chris doesn't speak. He doesn't start fights. He ends them. And he made the decision to get involved because he sees what I see. That you're trying too hard Johnny, to be the star, to be the man in DAVE. This isn't about justice. It's about knocking you off that pedestal you've placed yourself on. At Attitude Adjustment, Chris will beat you to teach you some humility. Maybe, then, you'll get over me. And you'll get over John.

Rating: 63

Mitch Naess: Emma Chase with some interesting thoughts about Johnny Martin, Phil.

Phil Vibert: Interesting, indeed. Considering, I've never heard of anything like that happening between the two of them Mitch.

Mitch Naess: So you're saying Johnny Martin didn't have a thing for Emma.

Phil Vibert: What I'm saying is Emma knows what she's doing. Trying to get Martin off his game, make a mistake, and let Caulfield take advantage.

Mitch Naess: It's sure to be a intense match-up Monday...and wait, I'm getting word there's something going on backstage.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_AlexBraun_alt.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_TankBradley.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_DougPeak_jhd220LE.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EddiePeak_jhdPH2-1.jpg

[The New Jersey Devils and The Peak Brothers are face-to-face backstage, a host of security personnel standing between the two teams]

Alex Braun: Tell me which one of you it's gonna be.

[Eddie Peak smiles sadistically and tackles Braun to the ground as his brother and Tank Bradley begin brawling. Braun and Eddie trade blows as they roll around on the floor. The security personnel step in and separate the four men]

Rating: 35

Mitch Naess: Those four guys really don't like each other.

Phil Vibert: And why should they Mitch? This isn't Candy Land, sometimes people don't get along.

Mitch Naess: And Alex Braun didn't get his answer about which Peak brother he'll face this Monday. I guess he'll be as surprised as we all will.

Phil Vibert: DAVE is full of surprises Mitch. Like the one team in our next match. I'm shocked Bryan Holmes and Kunomasu managed to win their first tournament bout last week. I'm predicting the wheels fall off tonight.

Mitch Naess: You're about to find out if you're right Phil.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_BryanHolmes.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EisakuKunomasu-2.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_vs.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Guide.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Scout.jpg

Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu vs The New Wave

*DAVE Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Semifinal*

Bryan Holmes and Kunomasu once again came out separately. While the two teams traded near falls early on, Holmes and Kunomasu took control midway through the match, using a combination of strikes, submissions, and suplexes. The New Wave fought back as Scout managed to connect with a Lariat on Holmes who made his way to the corner. However, he refused to tag his partner's hand, collecting himself and delivering a Cyclone Shock Kick out of nowhere. Holmes covered Scout for the pinfall at 8:55 much to the displeasure of Kunomasu.
Winners: Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu

Rating: 41

Mitch Naess: A big lariat by Scout and both men are down. Holmes is trying to make his way to the corner and tag in Kunomasu. The mysterious man from the East reaching out his hand for the tag. And...wait a minute, Holmes is refusing to tag his partner's hand. Holmes using the ropes to get back to his feet.

Phil Vibert: I told you Mitch. I told you these two couldn't co-exist much longer.

Mitch Naess: Scout charging, and Holmes with a Cyclone Shock Kick out of nowhere. The cover! 1...2...3! Holmes and Kunomasu advance.

Phil Vibert: Unbelieveable. Holmes completely showed up his partner there, but somehow managed to get the win. Still, Kunomasu does not look too happy and I can't say I blame him. Perhaps, one of our finalists will take themselves out of the picture.

Mitch Naess: Holmes and Kunomasu staring each other down. Will this be the end of their temporary partnership?

Phil Vibert: Hit him Bryan! Show him who's better.

Mitch Naess: Guide and Scout are up, just looking at the pair. And there's the handshake offering which has become customary for these two men.

Phil Vibert: I don't understand what's going on between these two.

Mitch Naess: Guide and Scout, the youngsters, shaking the victors' hands as a sign of respect. But you have to wonder whether Holmes and Kunomasu can truly survive two more matches as a team when there's clearly some unresolved issues.

Phil Vibert: Double or nothing it's a no Mitch.

Rating: 38

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EricTyler.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_MadmanBoone.jpg

Madman Boone: Nemesis. John. Nemesis. John. Steel chairs. Tables. DAVE Unified Championship. It's all so much to keep in my head. I want that belt. Johnny Martin told me I could have that belt. That it was mine. Razor blades. I'm a Madman. Didn't you hear? It's my name, after all. I've got a joke. Who's the Nemesis of a Madman? Sanity. Vanity. You hurt me last week. Nobody hurts me. These scars run deep. Deep as an ocean. A blue ocean of pain turned red. Know what I mean? Blood. Attitude Adjustment.

Eric Tyler: I didn't ask for this match. Phil Vibert threw me in because he knows how dangerous I am. There's a lot of whining going on nowadays. Guys making their own matches. Back in the day, didn't matter who you wanted to face, who you thought you should be paired up with. The bosses made those decisions. All you had to do was go out there and wrestle. Now, we've got the Champion attacking the boss, demanding things. There's no respect anymore. I don't want to face Nemesis tonight, but I will. Because that's what I signed up for 20 years ago. You show up, you get a match, you step into the ring, you kick some ass. End of story. Nemesis, it happens to be your ass in the opposite corner. The Traditionalist lives on.

Rating: 67

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Nemesis.jpg

Nemesis: Tyler. I've got nothing but respect for that man. He's not like the rest of these clowns, think they're owed something or they're the best thing since a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon. I like Tyler even if I don't always see eye-to-eye with the guy. If I remember, I took this belt from him a couple of months back. Didn't pout. Didn't demand a re-match. Just went about his business like a man. Unfortunately, Vibert gave him the short of end of the stick. Can't show mercy Eric, you know that.

Boone, on the other hand, doesn't get s*** from me. My respect, my belt, whatever. Come in on that b**** Martin's side and sneak attack me. I don't care who you are or what you call yourself, you come after me, better believe there will be payback. Force got the hell out of Dodge before I could get my hands on him. Boone, you won't be so lucky. Tonight, I kick both your and Tyler's asses. And then, on Monday, I get you man-to-man in the ring. And I guarantee it won't work out well for you.

Rating: 59

Mitch Naess: Sounds like Nemesis is pissed Phil. Lucky you've got that restraining order since you're the one that put him in this match.

Phil Vibert: That's because I'm smarter than he is. And I put him in the match because the fans wanted to see them fight. I'm a man of the people.

Mitch Naess: And fight they will. It's time for our Main Event!

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Nemesis.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_vs.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EricTyler.jpghttp://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_MadmanBoone.jpg

Nemesis vs "The Traditionalist" Eric Tyler & Madman Boone in a Handicap Match

Tyler and Boone spent much of the match using their numbers to put a hurting on the DAVE Unified Champion. In fact, the two completely ignored the idea of tags and the match literally became a 2-on-1 affair. Nemesis fought back at one point, sending Tyler into the crowd, and delivering a nasty Clothesline to Boone, but he only got a 2 count. Quickly, though, Tyler got back in the ring and went after Nemesis' knees. Boone followed with a steel chair shot to the back of Nemesis, but the champ's shoulder went up at 2-and-a-half. Boone made a fatal mistake, though, when he went for another steel chair shot as Tyler held Nemesis. The champ managed to break free and get out of the way as Boone nearly cracked open the head of "The Traditionalist". Nemesis seized the opportunity and put Boone down permanently with a Nemesis Arrow. He draped an arm across Boone's body for the pinfall at 16:08.
Winner: Nemesis

Rating: 67

[Nemesis grabs the microphone post-match and glares directly in Phil Vibert's direction]

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_Nemesis.jpg

Nemesis: Two-on-one, three-on-one, four-on-one, hell throw the entire DAVE roster against me. I don't give a crap. This title isn't leaving my waist until I get my hands around Johnny Martin's throat and squeeze the life out of him. Phil wants to set me up, wants to see me fall because Johnny Martin is his boy, because Johnny Martin does what Phil Vibert tells him to do. Now I'm thinking maybe Johnny Martin wasn't behind Jim Force. I mean, what could that prick offer Jimmy. Maybe, it was you all along Phil. I don't know, but I'm gonna find out. And if I find out it was you Phil, if you're the one that tried to put me out of action, there's gonna be hell to pay.

Rating: 73

Mitch Naess: It seems like Nemesis isn't convinced Johnny Martin is the real enemy here.

Phil Vibert: John is entitled to his opinion. But, I have to ask, why would I want to intentionally injure the face of my business, of this promotion? The answer is I wouldn't. I had no problem with John until he laid a finger on me.

Mitch Naess: Something tells me we're going to find out in only three days when Nemesis defends his DAVE Unified Championship against Madman Boone at Attitude Adjustment. Tickets are still available. Unfortunately, folks we are out of time. We'll see you here on East Coast Today next week with the fallout from Attitude Adjustment.

[Mitch turns away from the announce table, though he still remains on air]

Mitch Naess: Good show everybody. Floor crew, way to hustle. Phil, man, you gotta let me in on this little thing you got going on with Martin and John.

[suddenly, the screen cuts away from Mitch to grainy footage of a parking lot]

Mitch Naess: What do you mean were still on the air? Folks, sorry, it appears we're having some technical difficulties. I'm not sure what we're looking at right now. It looks like the parking lot outside of the arena. The production guys are telling me someone has hacked into the broadcast feed.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_EmmaChase.jpg

Mitch Naess: Emma?

[Emma Chase walks through an otherwise empty parking lot dressed down in a hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans. Whomever is behind the camera begins to follow her, growing closer and closer with every step]

Mitch Naess: Behind you Emma!

[A hand wraps around Emma Chase's mouth as she struggles against her attacker. The person holds the camera up high and turns Emma around to face the it. Emma screams, though, it's muffled by the hand over her mouth. Finally, we see who the man with the camera is]

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_JohnnyMartin.jpg

Johnny Martin: Shhh. Don't scream. Emma, you know you shouldn't tell lies. Fact is, I never asked you out. I played the good guy because I remembered what it was like to break into this business and not know anybody. I know what you were trying to do. You were trying to make me mad. Unfocused. That was your mistake. And Caulfield's. Chris, you shouldn't worry, I'm going to take really good care of Miss Chase here. See you Monday.

[The camera drops to the ground and the show fades to black]

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/DAVE.jpg

Show Rating: 55

Attendance: 1,753

Awe come on Celt you can't miss a few so I can catch up? :D

Good show smwilliams. Really like how this is playing out. That was the go home show before the big match correct?

Trevor

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. It was the go home show before the big event (which unfortunately isn't on PPV because the Carriers in the game are assholes and won't even negotiate with me).

This line made me do a spit take LOL

Haha thanks. I'd say after 5 shows, Laramee is definitely my favorite character to write. He's got this edge about him, where nothing he says or does feels out of place. He could claim to be descended from Alexander The Great or something, and I think it'd work.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/scowilliams/th_DAVE_AttitudeAdjustment.jpg

It's time for an Attitude Adjustment! Over a month ago, Johnny Martin and his hired gun Jim Force attacked the DAVE Unified Champion, Nemesis. Martin thought he had the numbers, until Force bailed, and Martin was left on his own. Or so we thought. Madman Boone made his DAVE debut on Martin's side and delivered a vicious assault on Nemesis. Wanting to get revenge, Nemesis agreed to put his title on the line against the Madman at Attitude Adjustment. Unfortunately for the champ, he made another enemy in Phil Vibert, when in a fit of rage he seriously injured the DAVE Owner. Vibert will be at ringside calling the match. One has to wonder if Vibert will get involved in another capacity.

"The Hardcore American" Chris Caulfield decided he'd had enough of Johnny Martin's antics. So did his girlfriend, the beautiful Emma Chase. The pair did everything they could to get inside Martin's head before Attitude Adjustment, but it was Martin who had the last laugh on Danger Zone TV when he abducted Emma Chase after the show. Without his x-factor at ringside, will Caulfield be able to stop Martin or will the self-proclaimed "DAVE Icon" put down another challenger to the throne?

There's been no love lost between Kurt Laramee and "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez after Gonzalez put Laramee through a table during a tag team match. The two have gone back and forth in recent weeks with Laramee ally, Carl Batch, burning Gonzalez' friend "The Priest of Pain" Pablo Rodriguez with a cigar and Gonzalez costing Laramee a shot at the DAVE Tag Team Championship. It's sure to be a way when Laramee and Gonzalez meet in a Last Man Standing Match.

The Darkness Warriors have gone largely unchallenged this year as the DAVE Tag Team Champions retained their belts week after week. While their old rivals, The Animalz, have made it to the Finals of a #1 Contenders Tournament, a bigger challenge could arise from the unlikely team of Bryan Holmes and Kunomasu. The two technical wizards have been at each others' throats for a while, yet seem to be on the same page when on the same team. The winner will face The Darkness Warriors later in the night. Will the tournament winners be able to muster up enough strength to dethrone the champs?

The New Jersey Devils and The Peak Brothers aren't on good terms these days. All four men are sure to be involved when Devil and DAVE Brass Knuckles Champion, Alex Braun, defends his title against one of the Peak Brothers. The Peaks have maintained their silence about which brother will get the title shot. Luckily, Braun won't be outnumbered as partner Tank Bradley, is sure to be at ringside.

Also, 10 DAVE stars will try to eliminate the competition and take home $10,000 in a Hardcore Battle Royal. Anything and everything is sure to happen when that much money is on the line.

The wait is over. It's time for an Attitude Adjustment!

Prediction Key:

Nemesis © vs Madman Boone for the DAVE Unified Championship

"The Hardcore American" Chris Caulfield vs Johnny Martin

Kurt Laramee vs "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez

Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu vs The Animalz [#1 Contenders Final]

The Darkness Warriors © vs Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu or The Animalz for the DAVE Tag Team Championship

Alex Braun © vs Doug Peak or Eddie Peak for the DAVE Brass Knuckles Championship

10 Man Battle Royal featuring Guide, Scout, "The Priest of Pain" Pablo Rodriguez, Valiant, Vin Tanner, JD Morgan, Frankie Future, Dog Fyte, Hardcore Killah, & "The Jurassic Power" T-Rex

OOC: Reminder, this event will conclude the first round of picks. The winner will get to choose the next DAVE Diva from a list of 10 or so candidates.

The Darkness Warriors © vs Bryan Holmes & Kunomasu or The Animalz for the DAVE Tag Team Championship

Alex Braun © vs Doug Peak or Eddie Peak for the DAVE Brass Knuckles Championship

10 Man Battle Royal featuring Guide, Scout, "The Priest of Pain" Pablo Rodriguez, Valiant, Vin Tanner, JD Morgan, Frankie Future, Dog Fyte, Hardcore Killah, & "The Jurassic Power" T-Rex

Nemesis is a godsend to DAVE. You want him up at the top of the card every time.

Nemesis-Martin is what you're building toward. No use giving Caulfield the win -- what does that do, set up a face vs. face title match?

Kurt Laramee vs "The Lone Wolf" Shawn Gonzalez -- draw/no contest

Something tells me this feud has a little longer to burn.

Doesn't hurt anyone for the winners to take the loss in their second match of the night. Even less so when you play it as Holmes and Kunomasu coming apart. They've got more stamina than the Animalz, so they can play two matches.

I'm interested in hearing what the rationale is for putting Doug out there.

Valiant has been stomping the opposition thus far, albeit with very little to show for it in terms of match grades. So has Pablo, but I always like the big men in the battle royales.

It's a good storyline, and the reasoning that J-Mar just cares about destroying Nemesis, not the title is a good one for justifying this match. Nemesis has to retain here obviously, there no way Boone is waltzing into DAVE and sweeping the title away. Hopefully Nemesis can get a good match out of Boone, he's okay at the midcard level but his weak performance stats might hamper him at this level

J-Mar obviously. This match could be really useful is getting over the new heel aspect of J-Mar, as the fans are used to seeing him as a face, so this a good opportunity for him to showcase all the new heel moves he has.

I'm betting Holmes and Kunomasu crack under the pressure and their rocky relationship bubbles to the surface, letting the Animalz nab the win.

I'm expecting the Darkness Warriors to F'N fly down to the ring the second the contenders match is over and to cream whoever wins. That, or if the contenders are some time to rest, I expect the Warriors to attack before the bell rings and absolutely prey on their opponents' exhaustion.

I don't see either Peak as a singles champion yet, they're still building their personalities on Danger Zone TV and finding their spot on the show

Pablo pulls out he underdog win here: he's clearly on a singles push and has the momentum behind him for a win like this.

Archived