DOTM: January 2012 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

3. You may not nominate yourself

4. All nominations do not need to be seconded to make the voting round

5. All nominations must include a reason

6. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

7. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self and Phantom Stranger

9. You CAN nominate the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (USPW: The Goal by angeldelayette)

10. You can NOT nominate Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002) by The Final Countdown

11. You can NOT nominate 21st Century Boys (English c-verse) by Boltinho

12. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

13. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

Rules Change: NO 2nd is required this month (I liked the selection last month so lets keep the same again this month)

Nominations will be open until February 1st 2012 (12 pm Eastern)

Well colored me shocked about last month's C-Verse winner for DOTM, it was actually someone who had not won it 5000 times before. Great job Boltinho! The voters actually restored some faith in the voting process for me.:D

Anyway here are my nominations:

For C-Verse I would like to nominate: HGC The Rise and Fall of Hollyweird (Cverse '97) by arwink.

I just started to get into this diary and I must say it is very well written. I am a bit shocked that it does not get talked about more on here because it is well worth checking out.

For real world: WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! by michgcs

A very well written diary and as I have said in the past I am amazed at how he nails the promos every time. He writes just like the wrestler's speak, I is truly a thing of beauty...okay maybe that comment was a bit over the top but yeah it is still a great diary.:D

For my Rookie nomination: TNA 2012- - Wrestling Matters Again by Mitsunari

Another very well written real world diary, it has not been updated for a few days so I hope it is not done with, it is still worth the read even if it does not get updated.

I nominate Eisen-verse's WAR on the Vegas Strip AND USPW: The Goal for The C-Verse spots.

Thank you, AMP!

It's much appreciated to receive the nom! It's been awhile since I've been up for one of these; so, as you can expect, it's pretty cool to be back there.

With that, here are my nominations for this month:

Phantom Stranger's TCW: A Quiet Retirement for my cornellverse nom! It seems weird to even have to give a reason, as this dynasty has become a staple of greatness, but I'll attempt in doing so by saying that PS has done a great job of creating an epic if there ever was one.

and...

Codey's The Sammy Heizenger Story: TCW Calls for my rookie nom. He did a great job creating his own vision for MAW and now he's back with a new direction for TCW. I liked how he didn't take the 'bite' and ended the syndicate right away in which to add a new landscape straight away. All in all, great work!

Rookie Diary Choice from me goes to

Wildfire's: NWA Return to Glory

My reason is if we did this Hall of Fame stuff still on these boards, his original is of Hall of Fame caliber and a true inspiration to a few of us here that I know of... And his second one has the same qualites in his buildup/backstory/signings and first few shows

Rookie Diary Choice from me goes to

Wildfire's: NWA Return to Glory

My reason is if we did this Hall of Fame stuff still on these boards, his original is of Hall of Fame caliber and a true inspiration to a few of us here that I know of... And his second one has the same qualites in his buildup/backstory/signings and first few shows

Thanks for the nomination dude. As always, I appreciate it. Wait a minute, there's no more Hall of Fame? What the hell did I come back for? Forget this, I'm leaving! ;)

I'd like to nominate TigerKinney's Burning Hammer, which has sadly come to an end.

I hate to say it but TK's Burning Hammer did not have a single show in January of this year. Therefore, he does not qualify for the DOTM. We all love(d) your diary, though, Tigerkinney!

We should be up to date on this one unless I missed one.

I like to make the following nominatios this month:

Rookie:Charasmatic Enigma MPW: Built from scratch (0/0/0/0 C-Verse) http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514353. I always like 0/0/0/0 diaries and Enigma makes a good job of making the guys he signed interesting to me.

Cornellverse: Jingo´s The Next Generation of Awesome: SAW! http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334946. Jingo makes a great job using some guys who doesn´t usually see much love in diaries plus he makes a great booking job too, managing to keep thinks chaotic while results still make sense. Oh and there´s Kayin Puro in it too.

Archived