Easiest Place To Start

Argh this is really annoying. I worked out how long without a visit it takes popularity to drop and I've completely forgotten it now. Running a show every other month will put you over the edge, though - I remember because I was running shows every other month on tour and still gaining popularity. You're going to have to sacrifice a little pop and allow it to drop some. I did the exact same thing in my ASCW game (with Tri State), and it's annoying, but better to lose some popularity than hit Cult before you're ready and die.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that might be worth considering - at Regional, you can almost certainly sustain running two shows a month. It's an often overlooked option between one show a month and weekly shows. Run one in your home region, and then run either in your expanded region or simply run your home region again. You'll be alright with either, as long as you space them a couple of weeks apart to give your talent time to recover.

As for the NYCW problem, there's an easy option: theft. Look at their show ratings, and see who's getting the best results for them. Then hire those people. It neatly shares their advantage. If you're feeling really, really mean, you could hire their main eventers and then job them into the ground, destroy their overness on every show by having them squashed by guys you want to build up. They'll never re-sign for you, but you can give NYCW an enormous kick in the nuts over the length of their contracts.

I feel dirty just typing that. Don't do it, it's a horrible idea. An effective horrible idea, but horrible nonetheless.

Something that might be worth considering - at Regional, you can almost certainly sustain running two shows a month. It's an often overlooked option between one show a month and weekly shows. Run one in your home region, and then run either in your expanded region or simply run your home region again. You'll be alright with either, as long as you space them a couple of weeks apart to give your talent time to recover.

As for the NYCW problem, there's an easy option: theft. Look at their show ratings, and see who's getting the best results for them. Then hire those people. It neatly shares their advantage. If you're feeling really, really mean, you could hire their main eventers and then job them into the ground, destroy their overness on every show by having them squashed by guys you want to build up. They'll never re-sign for you, but you can give NYCW an enormous kick in the nuts over the length of their contracts.

I feel dirty just typing that. Don't do it, it's a horrible idea. An effective horrible idea, but horrible nonetheless.

You forgot to go to war with NYCW, thereby removing them of their workers by hiring them. Dammit, if you're going to do something mean, GO ALL THE WAY YEAH!

You forgot to go to war with NYCW, thereby removing them of their workers by hiring them. Dammit, if you're going to do something mean, GO ALL THE WAY YEAH!

Nah, that leaves the possibility that they'd win. If you go to war, then there's no point in jobbing their talent once you've stolen it. If you don't go to war, you share talent, destroy overness, and give them a hearty kick in the nuts without the risk.

Archived