Easiest Place To Start

<p>Awesome, that helps a lot guys. I'll justify reality wise by saying Rip Chord takes the top talent out before the show to welcome the crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

Jay Chord unfortunately won't be joining us since he left for RIPW a month ago.</p><p> </p><p>

I was wondering when you mentioned Huey though, is he worth pushing ever? I have The Awesomeness as my tag team champs because I like their look (just from the pictures) and I wanted to see if they had any value to turn them into a Rockers-like tag team, can they be developed?</p>

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Also I ran the angle, it got a 42 which isn't bad. But here's what the notes said.</p><p> </p><p>

The segment wasn't very good to begin with and this crowd really turned against it.</p><p> </p><p>

However almost everyone improved at acting or charisma.</p>

I keep teeling this to people, and they kept forgetting-if your angles are tanking, make them MINOR angles, when they are really just that, MINOR angles, such as when they show workers walking to the ring. It's a very routine angle. Or sometime boilerplate interviews.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rawisericho" data-cite="Rawisericho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33524" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was wondering when you mentioned Huey though, is he worth pushing ever? I have The Awesomeness as my tag team champs because I like their look (just from the pictures) and I wanted to see if they had any value to turn them into a Rockers-like tag team, can they be developed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really like Jefferson Stardust (he's genuinely one of my favourite C-Verse workers). In my game he's sat in development for a year and developed his psychology to the point where he's almost capable of calling a match for the SWF.</p><p> </p><p> I like Huey as well, although I'd say he's less likely to develop so much - isn't he about 26 or 27 at game start? Not too old to improve, by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a bias against investing significant development time in workers over 25 at the lower levels. That's just me, though.</p><p> </p><p> I'd stick with both of them. They probably won't develop hugely just working one show a month for MAW, but if you can bring in a few better workers, they definitely have room for improvement, and if they get picked up by 4C or Coastal Zone or whoever, then they could definitely benefit you.</p><p> </p><p> I really want to go back to my MAW game now...</p>

Thanks again for all the help guys. My MAW game is going great, we're on the cusp of going regional with Remmy Skye as a popular champion. But I needed some more advice.

I've been building up Findlay O'Farraday as a monster heel. He's been dominating lower card guys in one minute matches, won the Rip Chord Invitational and is now set to feud with Skye for the title.

Findlay started at a 24 popularity in Mid Atlantic and I now have him at 36. Should I just have Skye beat him? What's the best method for this? Can I just continually build him up and "feed" his overness to a top face? What would you guys recommend?

Thanks again for all the help guys. My MAW game is going great, we're on the cusp of going regional with Remmy Skye as a popular champion. But I needed some more advice.

I've been building up Findlay O'Farraday as a monster heel. He's been dominating lower card guys in one minute matches, won the Rip Chord Invitational and is now set to feud with Skye for the title.

Findlay started at a 24 popularity in Mid Atlantic and I now have him at 36. Should I just have Skye beat him? What's the best method for this? Can I just continually build him up and "feed" his overness to a top face? What would you guys recommend?

Obviously a couple of beatings would be good to stoke the fire and a DQ finish would be good. Findlay shows he can dominate Remmy out of the ring and so the champ's not his normal self. In fact Sky even seems a bit scared.

Come their big match Skye is meek and Findlay takes the opportunity to oput in a great performance. Unfortunately he takes it too far and a choke hold that he wont release causes the ref to DQ him.

Then you can go into a program where Remmy has a fear of just one guy and jumps at shadows whilst Findlay is furious he isnt the champ as he thinks he has proved it.

And then you pull out the big rematch with a no-DQ stipulation.

I agree. That's what I've been doing, Findlay has been "making examples out of jobbers" and destroying Skye after matches. Would the DQ loss hurt Findlay's overness at all?

Also, I'm trying to get 3 matches out of the feud. Maybe the DQ finish, perhaps in the second Skye wins with a flash pinfall (should I have Findlay dominate the match even though he loses, would that work?) and then a cage match to finish off. I'd love to keep Skye as the champion as I have Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine and Mean Jean Cattley waiting in the wings as heel challengers, but is the smart move to have the monster job to the top face?

For my money it's a lot easier for monsters to regain overness than it is for others because all they need to do is stand there in angles and look menacing. So if you want to have the monster job to the face you can then turn him on some upper midcarders to cement his position at the top of the roster while giving your face the rub he'll need to springboard onto other feuds.

That's what I'd do at least.

Don't have Findlay dominate. It'll make the match grade worse (and will hurt Skye's popularity) - especially if it's a long match.

But honestly the best utility of monsters is to allow their popularity to rub off on other workers, and whilst they shouldn't necessarily be losing to everyone (otherwise they lose their monster shine) it's more than acceptable for them to drop a loss to a top-end talent. A brute heel is usually not that great in a ring, so it's their job to gain popularity fast using their menace and then pass it on.

I appreciate it Blake, your advice has basically run MAW for me for quite some time.

Question about momentum, I'm assuming I'm pretty bad, people normally have around 70 momentum in my fed (if they're doing well), low end is 30.

I'm guessing this is a lot lower than most?

That could be due to you booking your fed how real-world fed's are booked, i.e. even top guys have a 50/50 win/loss ration.

That doesn't really work in TEW. If you want someone to make a run at a belt or get over in a storyline then they need to not lose ever really. Or when they do they need to be explicitly kept strong.

I appreciate it Blake, your advice has basically run MAW for me for quite some time.

Question about momentum, I'm assuming I'm pretty bad, people normally have around 70 momentum in my fed (if they're doing well), low end is 30.

I'm guessing this is a lot lower than most?

Momentum TENDS to gravitate towards the overness / match & angle grades that a worker produces.

Therefore with any small promotion, 70 momentum is very good (as I doubt you are getting grades any higher than that)

Ah alright, I guess I'm not too worried about momentum at this point yet. I'm at about 27 importance in Mid Atlantic, meaning I'm about to hit the 29 necessary to go to regional. I know that when one goes to Cult there's all sorts of precautions you need to take. Is there anything similar heading from Small to Regional?

Not in particular. You need to keep an eye on the regional battles (that level of popularity will see you get spillover in other regions), but otherwise regional is just a goldmine.

Basically make sure you're putting on the best shows you possibly can when you're rising to Regional, to prevent yourself from falling straight back to Small. From what I remember, you're going to run into NYCW and FCW (maybe RIPW and PSW), so check out their grades and try to be exceeding them.

Thanks Blake. In regards to Regional battles, how do they get initiated? Do I engage NYCW when I run shows in the Tri-State area? If so, how would I ever win that battle considering I have zero popularity there right now and NYCW is headquartered there? And on the reverse side, why would they ever come to the Mid Atlantic area considering the amount of popularity I have there? I guess I could use a refresher course in Regional battles.

It's when you have a certain level of popularity in other areas. You don't necessarily have to be running shows there - just to have gained popularity via spillover from your home region. Basically you're of a size in your home region that people start taking interest in you outside of it, which leads to them comparing you against the promotions that are active in those same areas.

You're engaging them as a result of your higher profile, regardless of whether you ever move outside your home region - like I said, just concentrate on putting the best possible shows on at home. You don't want to move outside of your home region until you've built up a considerable warchest.

Also Black Hat Bailey is my road agent now, however he also works as the head booker for NYCW, will this present a problem?

No, not unless you declare war against NYCW because then he will leave you when his contract runs out. Holding a position of power in another company means they will stay there unless they do a bad job or become more popular then the company can handle.

I'm starting a MAW game after reading through this thread. I'm not new at TEW, but I'm pretty terrible at it (=P), so we'll see if this keeps me from WMMA at all. Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far to this conversation, especially the OP who has done a great job asking questions that I need to ask but never do.

So I just hit regional and hired Steel (maybe he's worth something as a monster, I know his menace is only 68 but it seems like it could be worth a shot) and Ozzie Golden.

I've been running small, 90 min shows (as I don't know if my roster is talented enough to do 120 mins). Should I branch out to medium at any point?

Always run the biggest show you can. There's basically no reason not to unless you have no popularity in an area (because running bigger shows will cost you more but you're not going to get enough fans to offset that). But yeah, Medium shows = more people brought in = more money.

Steel is... well, it depends on how much he shaped up in RIPW. My own Steel is decent (ish), but not going to blow the world away. I wouldn't use him as a monster, though. He can do brute gimmicks okay but honestly if you're going to drop time on angles/push somebody as a monster you really want somebody with at least 80 menace. Also bear in mind that he's a juicer, which is a black mark on his record. (In my game I got him off roids and loyal to my user character, I don't think I'd still be employing him otherwise).

Archived