Where are the latest TEW Real World Updates?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that would be fine except I can't find it lol.

Someone should really post a blog containing the collection of data instead of the board which seems to only keep threads alive for a certain amount of time which seems insane when this is where the mods are put. I can only view 3 pages of the TEW mods forum and none of them seem to have any of these updates and that Superdata thing took forever to do anything on. Way too slow.

Yeah that would be fine except I can't find it lol.

Someone should really post a blog containing the collection of data instead of the board which seems to only keep threads alive for a certain amount of time which seems insane when this is where the mods are put. I can only view 3 pages of the TEW mods forum and none of them seem to have any of these updates and that Superdata thing took forever to do anything on. Way too slow.

The threads are alive it just doesn't show everything by default. From the bottom of the forum you can change that amount of time. For example, this link should show every topic in the TEW10 mods forum:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=166&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33601" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the latest one you will find is Mr Canadas or Capt Charismas which is January?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> capt is feb btw but it has so many problems in it. I having to redo the whole database . For example: the only races or nationality used are asian, american, white and japanese. Alot other problems too like stats and overness. The supreme database will be a real world update . When I finish editing the database. This is not a plug for my database. I'm just giving you information.</p>

capt is feb btw but it has so many problems in it. I having to redo the whole database . For example: the only races or nationality used are asian, american, white and japanese. Alot other problems too like stats and overness. The supreme database will be a real world update . When I finish editing the database. This is not a plug for my database. I'm just giving you information.

Good to know I'm not the only one that's noticed this. CHIKARA is all screwed up.

• 2 weeks later...
Cpt charisma has an April Update, he just doesn't post on this site.

The mod also sucks

He is almost the entire reason I'm redoing every worker

I guess the mod is great if you don't care about race, nationality , dob, debut, etc

For example black is not even used in the game at all. Other countries besides asian or american are not used . Not to mention some of stats are just stupid . Brain kendrick and juvi guerrera are jobbers .

The mod also sucks

I guess the mod is great if you don't care about race, nationality , dob, debut, etc

For example black is not even used in the game at all. Other countries besides asian or american are not used . Not to mention some of stats are just stupid . Brain kendrick and juvi guerrera are jobbers .

Debut doesn't even matter in a current day mod because everyone has already debuted.

Also, you must think Kendrick is godly or something, because his stats look about right to me. Juventud would be a jobber if he worked in TNA or WWE again. If either promotion wanted to hire that cancer.

and as far as I know, the only way to see someone's race is to look in the editor, so that's fairly cosmetic and not that big of an issue to me.

My major complaint with his mod is the amount of relationships. It slows the game down majorly.

The mod also sucks

Come on dude, being a mod maker yourself do you really have to be that extreme about it? It's cool to give constructive criticism but do you really have to run it down? I tried my hand at making my own mod too and it's hard. He basically ported this over from the TEW 2005 version of the game to make it for a game that came out 5 years later.

As for stats, those are subjective. Nearly every mod I've played has Willie Mack as generic big man with brawling skills and like E+ flying. He actually got him right with C flying because Willie is agile and isn't your typical big man. He's like a more agile version of Samoa Joe in a sense. I respect anyone that puts their time and effort into making a mod, including yourself. I'm sorry if this is an overreaction to a thrown out there comment but I felt that was a little too extreme to say about something someone put hard work into making for us to enjoy.

Debut doesn't even matter in a current day mod because everyone has already debuted.

Also, you must think Kendrick is godly or something, because his stats look about right to me. Juventud would be a jobber if he worked in TNA or WWE again. If either promotion wanted to hire that cancer.

and as far as I know, the only way to see someone's race is to look in the editor, so that's fairly cosmetic and not that big of an issue to me.

My major complaint with his mod is the amount of relationships. It slows the game down majorly.

Like I said you may not care if booker T is white in the game but I do care . Trust alot of people do care. If a person is going to care if a person is a heel or face . They should can if the picture is a black man but he is white . It is even worst with the nationalities. Anyway as far as juventud goes in the world. If he came to wwe today. He would pushed as a midcarder for sure. He would not have 15 overness in usa. It is just simple logic to me. As you said and many people know by now . The stats always change in every mod. I'm giving the WWE effect to the people. If you was in WWE there is no reason you should ever be called a jobber. I call it the INDY overness. Think of it this way. If you got a chance to hire the honky tonk man for your unknown fed. You would do it because he was over in WWE/WWF . I hope this makes sense

WWE fans wouldn't know who Juvi is. He's been out of the spotlight for way to long and most of the fans that watched WCW when Juvi was around, no longer watch a whole lot of wrestling. Juvi would be almost unknown if he showed up in WWE, sure some would know who he is, but all the kids that watch WWE now? Some of them weren't even born when Juvi was last on National tv.

WWE fans wouldn't know who Juvi is. He's been out of the spotlight for way to long and most of the fans that watched WCW when Juvi was around, no longer watch a whole lot of wrestling. Juvi would be almost unknown if he showed up in WWE, sure some would know who he is, but all the kids that watch WWE now? Some of them weren't even born when Juvi was last on National tv.

funny I think you just kind of proved something by saying WCW . Mexicools ring any bells.

See this is the problem with popularity and momentum in the game. Popularity should have some lasting effect in the game. momentum of course should be o for a jobber in your federation. Juvi should not be a jobber in both cases. A over 10 year veteran of the sport should not be a jobber by popularity. Especially if he has been in 4 major companies in his career.

Based on your logic if honky tonk man came to your local federation. You would have no idea who he is what he has done. He will be the same as the local guy bob trashman house .

Wow...there used to be like a ton of fresh RW mods every month, and now we haven't seen that many since January. Are mod makers waiting to regain interest with the new TEW version, when it comes out, or is the mod making becoming a protected - near extintcted - species?

Sorry haven't been on here in a while but there is a new TEW Game coming out soon?

Ok 2 questions

why did you post that here and where did you get that information?

What information? He just asked a question based on an interpretation of another post (an interpretation I could understand upon re-reading the post.)

Anyway, no announcement regarding a new TEW.

funny I think you just kind of proved something by saying WCW . Mexicools ring any bells.

See this is the problem with popularity and momentum in the game. Popularity should have some lasting effect in the game. momentum of course should be o for a jobber in your federation. Juvi should not be a jobber in both cases. A over 10 year veteran of the sport should not be a jobber by popularity. Especially if he has been in 4 major companies in his career.

Based on your logic if honky tonk man came to your local federation. You would have no idea who he is what he has done. He will be the same as the local guy bob trashman house .

Wrong. Based on logic Honky Tonk Man would be an attraction for a tiny indy show because tiny indy shows draws wrestling geeks not mainstream fans. Those wrestling geeks that go to indy shows would have a good knowledge of wrestling history and would recognize guys from the past. Most current WWE fans only know WWE and thats it. AJ Styles could show up on Raw next Monday and probably 95 % of the audience wouldn't know who he is.

Wrong. Based on logic Honky Tonk Man would be an attraction for a tiny indy show because tiny indy shows draws wrestling geeks not mainstream fans. Those wrestling geeks that go to indy shows would have a good knowledge of wrestling history and would recognize guys from the past. Most current WWE fans only know WWE and thats it. AJ Styles could show up on Raw next Monday and probably 95 % of the audience wouldn't know who he is.

Really? 95%? I think that is a bit much. If I were to hazzard a guess I would put it at most 50% being none the wiser.

Really? 95%? I think that is a bit much. If I were to hazzard a guess I would put it at most 50% being none the wiser.

95 % may be a bit high, but only a bit. Really most WWE fans, the casual fans that is, haven't even the faintest clue what TNA Impact Wrestling is. Most will associate WWE with wrestling, therefor most of the WWE audience wouldn't know who Styles is. Guys outside of WWE are so far off the radar to the current WWE audience that most wrestlers in TNA wouldn't be recognized. I just really think if Styles showed up on Raw he would get barely a reaction from the crowd. And if Juvi showed up, he'd get even less.

95 % may be a bit high, but only a bit. Really most WWE fans, the casual fans that is, haven't even the faintest clue what TNA Impact Wrestling is. Most will associate WWE with wrestling, therefor most of the WWE audience wouldn't know who Styles is. Guys outside of WWE are so far off the radar to the current WWE audience that most wrestlers in TNA wouldn't be recognized. I just really think if Styles showed up on Raw he would get barely a reaction from the crowd. And if Juvi showed up, he'd get even less.

so basically you saying most WWE fans don't have a clue what good wrestling is now. (IE Japanese strong style)

if they don't know that and I'm sorry most of them will not be playing this game anyway

Good thing TEW doesn't work that way, let alone the WWE itself (For example, Hogan was gone for how long before his last WWE run, then you have A-Train...) The only difference between the WWE and those indies you mention in TEW terms is that it's effected by wrestling popularity in general and it's more likely that a guy can gain popularity while being an Entertainer in style and popularity being a bigger factor than performance. Take for example Mistico/Sin Cara, I wouldn't call Mistico a jobber in the WWE, and he has a lower profile in the US than Juvi, with his 2 WWE and 3 WCW Cruiserweight championship runs (and one WCW tag title run with Ray Misterio and a America's X Cup win in TNA in '04).

so basically you saying most WWE fans don't have a clue what good wrestling is now. (IE Japanese strong style)

Most WWE fans love WWE, hate TNA, have barely heard of ROH, and that's it. Not knowing about Japan is the least of their problems.

Archived