Simply Anything.

Just thought I'd start a thread that's an overall discussion for WreSpi2. If you have any small questions, or just want to discuss the game without flooding the board with multiple posts. Post here.

Doing a Rookie to Legend Challenge with DOTT with a high potential/high starter character. Just trying to get the basics down. Going to do the High Potential/ standard skills one later. 2 Months in I have about a 33% record. Most of my losses were squashes or a finish directly after a tag. Had my first 'A' rated match in a 2/3 falls match while fueding with John Tenta (Earthquake). He won, but it was nice to get a 'that was awesome chant' I won the first fall and he won the final two.

OK, First question. Has anyone ever seen a CPU opponant get disqualified in a match? I´ve been playing for years and have yet to encounter this.

Second question, I have been trying to fix the brand split problem in a real world mod for WWE, but can never find the right balance of workers so that the brand split doesn´t end on the first turn. Anyone ever fixed it so it works in a real world mod or any other?

I have seen CPU opponents get disqualified, but that was strictly through the D.O.T.T. data. The over the top rope toss was used quite often by the crazy maulers, which used to get them DQ'ed. Once I changed the move settings to highly illegal (rather than instant DQ), that stopped.

And brand splits have never worked, that I am aware of.

I've run the bulk of my matches via the default database, and have seen only one match end via countout. None have ended by regular DQ, and a couple have ended by medical DQ. I'd imagine if you gave someone the brass knuckles punch or something you'd get a DQ, but using moves that aren't Instant DQ have led to no DQ's in my experience.

Similar to DBG, the only DQ's I've seen in DOTT are the top rope/foreign object Instant DQ ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OK, First question. Has anyone ever seen a CPU opponant get disqualified in a match? I´ve been playing for years and have yet to encounter this.

Well, I'm 4-2, 80%-89% (stupid squash) with The Mean Machine. I have yet to hit my finisher on him; all four wins have been from Brass Knuckle Punch DQs. I really hope I win the seventh match by DQ; I won the first title shot that way and haven't gotten another shot. (btw, my...two other matches have been a loss and a win via Grounded Roundhouse Kick. Went with MMA Crossover using only Amateur, Strike Shooter, and Grapple Shooter moves)

Edit:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I didn't hit him with my finisher; I got him vulnerable, (slipping out of five or so Mood Swings) then spammed the Belly-to-Belly suplex with it's 10%-when-vulnerable pin. It took a lot of suplexes. But SCREW YOU MEAN MACHINE I WON YESSSSS

Edit:

What the hell? I go from upper midcarder to midcarder, after winning 5/7 matches (maybe 7/9 total) in a feud. Which I won. I'm now over 11% more popular than before. Yet your growth to Small means that suddenly, little old midcarder me doesn't count? Thanks, MAW; at least you somehow have tv so I get plenty of (opportunities for) matches.

I just finished a match my character vs. Lou Thesz in D.O.T.T. mod. I think the game is broken, I just couldn't win. I've had some extremely weird results, meaning I can't pin an opponent with a move less than ~90% success rate. I just made notes of all the pinning moves I hit (I have no idea how to get the actual match log out, can't copy it), with my momentum and opponents momentum. My opponent had some momentum left in three instances and I less than full in three as well. Here are all the moves, with success rates in the order I hit them. I did connect with first three in a row & then 5 in a row:

Russian leg sweep (35%) + DDT (55%) + DDT (55%) + Kneeling kick rush (20%) + DDT (55%) + Explosion suplex (45%) + DDT (55%) + Standing power slam (10%) + DDT (55%) + Thrust kick (15%) + German (45%) + Lariat (40%) + Vertical suplex float over (35%) + DDT (55%) + Sweeping hip throw (5%) + DDT (55%).

My opponent just kept hitting few moves in between these and eventually hit a british piledriver and won. This is not even mathematically possible. In the end, he was bleeding "very heavily", had 0% head condition & beat me. Match went on 34:10, he got 13:20 worth of offense & I beat him up 20:50.

This kind of thing also happened against Bruno Sammartino in MACW, this match was also MACW match. What is going on here?

I just finished a match my character vs. Lou Thesz in D.O.T.T. mod. I think the game is broken, I just couldn't win. I've had some extremely weird results, meaning I can't pin an opponent with a move less than ~90% success rate. I just made notes of all the pinning moves I hit (I have no idea how to get the actual match log out, can't copy it), with my momentum and opponents momentum. My opponent had some momentum left in three instances and I less than full in three as well. Here are all the moves, with success rates in the order I hit them. I did connect with first three in a row & then 5 in a row:

Russian leg sweep (35%) + DDT (55%) + DDT (55%) + Kneeling kick rush (20%) + DDT (55%) + Explosion suplex (45%) + DDT (55%) + Standing power slam (10%) + DDT (55%) + Thrust kick (15%) + German (45%) + Lariat (40%) + Vertical suplex float over (35%) + DDT (55%) + Sweeping hip throw (5%) + DDT (55%).

My opponent just kept hitting few moves in between these and eventually hit a british piledriver and won. This is not even mathematically possible. In the end, he was bleeding "very heavily", had 0% head condition & beat me. Match went on 34:10, he got 13:20 worth of offense & I beat him up 20:50.

This kind of thing also happened against Bruno Sammartino in MACW, this match was also MACW match. What is going on here?

You are confusing frequency (which is the chance of actually hitting the move successfully - which are the % you are quoting) with success rate (which is the chance of getting a pin / submission off the move) -

eg in the default data the Russian Leg Sweep has 75% frequency but 0% success rate - so you will NEVER win a match from it.

I'd suggest reading the help file with the game

I think my previous post was spot on. I've played the game on & off for two years and asked some questions here as well. I have as good a grasp of the game mechanics as possible, since no more info is available. I'd really like to know what some of the attributes do (mic skills, charisma, stiffness, menace etc.) but there is no info on them. For some reason, when I do hit the side russian leg sweep, the game gives me a 35% chance for an opponent to get pinned. This is probably a mod issue, since in D.O.T.T. few moves have different effects. DDT is also different, as are other moves. Those rates are all rates the game gave me, when I attempted the pin fall. I did probably mix the terms up, but these are numbers that I actually saw, after choosing the option "attempt pin fall".

EDIT:

I've read the help file on numerous occasions, but it really doesn't explain why this happens. Also, I've found out that I get countered a lot more in Japanese matches than in US matches. I don't know why this is, probably Japanese opponents try more counter moves by default? Problem with this is, that I cannot win a match in MACW without hitting a high SUCCESS RATE move, which is very difficult, so I end up spamming something like Gotch toe hold until I get it or lose trying.

What are those guys' Fighting Spirit ratings? I'm guessing they are pretty darned high. On that event, you need a success rate that comes close to their Fighting Spirit.

As D.O.T.T. attempts to recreate an era where a DDT and Russian Legsweep were viable finishers, the move stats are much different than default.

I am curious, though: What do you mean that the mod has few moves with different effects? I've been playing the mod for a good amount of time and have not seen the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived