The Pop! Network presents... Coast To Coast!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/ThePopNetwork.jpg

In late 2009, US television network The Pop! Network made the announcement that they were to invest in a professional wrestling company as an effort to expand their fledgling Sports Entertainment division. Pop! Network executives created a shortlist of potential companies for investment; but the list was quickly narrowed down to a single promotion.

That promotion was Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling - a company that has existed for nearly 20 years and continued to put out an impressive product on a small budget. This was all about to change; as the Pop! Network purchased a controlling interest and gave the company an hour long primetime slot on Wednesday evenings.

This is the story of how the promotion dealt with it's new owners and the presence of an international television deal. The story will be split into a number of chapters consisting of a varying number of shows which will be revealed over time.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/CZCWlogo.jpg

Contents Page

Chapter 1: Network Oppression

Episode 1: CZCW Coast To Coast - w1 January 2010

Episode 2: CZCW Coast To Coast - w2 January 2010

Episode 3: CZCW Coast To Coast - w3 January 2010

Episode 4: CZCW Coast To Coast - w4 January 2010

OOC Notes: I've tinkered with the Coastal Zone product a little to tailor it more towards a weekly television audience - this is explained to an extent by the storyline introduced over the first few shows. My user character will act as the representative of the Pop! Network and will intially serve as the authority figure. I have also added a pay-per-view carrier named Pop! Extra which is the same size as the television network and will cover the same areas (Small / US+Canada) - CZCW will have a handful of events over the year shown on this carrier. I don't believe I have editted anything else from the default data, but if I find anything else that I haven't mentioned I'll mention it. The first three shows have been booked, simmed and written and I'm working on show four as we speak - the first show wil be posted soon...

Glad to see a CZCW diary on here, I love that company.

Same here - they were the first company I ever tried in TEW. I really enjoyed the style of your TNA diary too, Anderz, so I'll definitely be looking forward to see how you write this one. :)

Glad to see a CZCW diary on here, I love that company.

Same here - they were the first company I ever tried in TEW. I really enjoyed the style of your TNA diary too, Anderz, so I'll definitely be looking forward to see how you write this one. :)

Good to have you both on board early doors; I -think- I was the same as the earliest game I can remember is a CZCW game on TEW04... As for the recap-style I used in my TNA diary; this one wont be the same unfortunately.. its a style like I've never really used before but it's been pretty nice to write up shows so far..

CZCW Coast To Coast - w1 January 2010

Date: Wednesday, Week 1, January 2010

Attendance: 1,811

TAG TEAM MATCH

RICH AND FAMOUS [vs] THE CALI DRAGONS

With 30 minutes to go until the live broadcast began; the fans in attendance were treated to an exclusive tag team contest. The two teams put on a solid contest for nearly 10 minutes in order to get the crowd going with Frankie Perez utilizing the P-Clutch to score the submission victory over Jake Idol.

Winner: Frankie Perez (9:27 ~ P-Clutch) [39]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/CoastToCoast.jpg

LIVE ON THE POP! NETWORK

A cold open brings to the centre of the arena with an unnamed man in a cheap suit; and a Pop! Network lanyard around his neck; standing in the middle of the ring.

“My name is Carter Langer, and I am the head of the Sports Entertainment division of the Pop! Network. From this moment forward I am the man in charge of the day-to-day operations of Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling. It gives me great pleasure to announce that there is a new sheriff in town; and with that comes a brand new way of doing things around here. Gone are the days where the man who can through the most flips into a match is the top dog around here; from here on out I am looking to make some real television stars. Every single wrestler, and I use that term loosely – every single wrestler in the back can consider themselves on probation as I will be keeping a close eye on both the in-ring action and the television ratings.”

“Platinum” James Prudence and Rita Charles make their way down to the ring, with Prudence giving Langer a round of applause as he steps through the ropes.

“Mr. Langer! It gives me great honour to be the first man to extend my hand in congratulations. I honestly cannot wait to see first-hand what changes you make to this second rate excuse for a wrestling company. I have spent many years working my ass off for some recognition only to be put on the back burner when the latest back-flipping monkey walks in and takes all my glory. I want to be the first man to say to you that I welcome any and all changes that you wish to make and that I am ready to become a real television star!”

“James, I wish to thank you for vote of confidence! I am so very grateful – and in order to show you just how grateful I am I want to give you an opportunity to prove your credentials in the ring tonight.”

The Coastal Zone Champion Fox Mask makes his way to the ring.

“I hate to break up the little party here guys, but I am a firm believer in backing up your words with actions. It’s all well and good saying that you have these big plans for the Coastal Zone but until you prove your worth I haven’t got the time to listen to you. I thank you and your network for giving us Zoners the opportunity to ply our trade on this fantastic platform on Coast to Coast.”

“Shut your mouth Fox; Mr. Langer doesn’t need to prove himself to you – what are you to him? A scrawny man with a stupid mask? Get out of his ring – get out of my ring!”

Prudence and Fox square up to each before Langer steps between the pair.

“I agree with you Mr. Fox; I too am a firm believer in backing your words with action. That is why tonight you will participate in a six man tag team match for our first main event here on The Pop! Network presents Coast to Coast. And Mr. Prudence, you too will be in action – a singles match that will determine the number one contender to the Coastal Zone Championship held by this gentleman. Your opponent will be revealed later in the night; but rest assured I have done my research and your opponent has been a long servant to this company and should provide you with a tough task. Thank you gentlemen, enjoy your evening – I will be at the announce desk should you require any further guidance.”

Carter Langer heads to the announce desk to join Cliff Anderson and the Guru – while Fox Mask and James Prudence stare each other down in the ring.

[35 / 52 / 55]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/adverts-1.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%201/001.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%201/002.png

The first televised match in the history of the Zone is a contest for the Xtreme Championship. Naturally the bout saw several high calibre, high risk manoeuvres with the young Perez keeping pace with the more experienced Champion. With the Dirty Dog constantly threatening Cougar, it took the I Am Cougar, Hear Me Roar for the Champion to defend his title inside 10 minutes.

Winner: Masked Cougar (8:57 ~ I Am Cougar, Hear Me Roar) [40]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/adverts-1.jpg

Backstage we see California Love Machine and Little Miss Sunshine talking to Jonnie Perez after his defeat minutes earlier.

“Yo Jonnie man, it’s your attitude! You gotta put yourself on the line for those fans man; you know how Frankie does it – take my advice dude, you should follow your brother’s example.”

“You shut the hell up and keep your nose outta my business. I didn’t ask you or your stupid girlfriend for career advice. The hell do you know about me or my brother; hell I only know one man who deserves a smack upside the head more than you – and that’s my god-damned brother.”

“No need to react like that bro; I’m only giving you some friendly advice.”

Jonnie shoves Love Machine and the pair square up to each other until they are pulled apart by Frankie Perez.

“Jonnie get outta here and cool yourself down.”

“Get the hell outta my face Frankie; this ain’t none of your business!”

Jonnie storms off as Frankie offers his apologies to Love Machine and Sunshine.

[41]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%201/003.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%201/004.png

Going into this contest we knew that James Prudence had a potential title match if he found victory; what we didn’t know was that his opponent would be the seven year Zone veteran Jeremiah Moose. While many were surprised by the early outburst of attacks from Moose; the expected result eventually came when Prudence capitalized on a mistake and quickly locked in the Prudential Pain Plan to book himself a shot at the Coastal Zone Championship.

Winner: James Prudence (7:55 ~ Prudential Pain Plan) [48]

With his hand raised, “Platinum” James Prudence grabs a microphone in order to make his new number one contendership official.

“Fox Mask, next week – that Coastal Zone Championship will belong to me. Your reign at the top of this company will be over, and the reign of the real television star will begin. The Coastal Zone is going Platinum baby!”

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%201/005.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%201/006.png

Our first main event was an all-star six man tag team contest; with all six combatants having tasted gold in the Coastal Zone. The well-oiled unit of the Tag Team Champion Shoot Club gave their team the advantage early on as they focussed their efforts on singling out Snap Dragon from his partners. The strategy worked well until Remmy Skye made the hot tag and cleaned house. The action would go back and forth, with neither team really able to keep a hold of the momentum until the dying moments. Speedball took Snap Dragon out of commission with a Cross Armbreaker; this was broken up by a Skye Diver from the top rope by Remmy. Insane Machine then charged and took both himself and Skye over the top rope – leaving Coleman subject to a Fox Hunter to give the Coastal Zone Champion a victory for his team.

Winner: Fox Mask (11:37 ~ Fox Hunter) [48]

Fox Mask celebrates the victory in the ring on his own, much to the delight of the fans – but that delight is short lived as the new number one contender “Platinum” James Prudence slides into the ring behind the champion. Prudence drops Fox from behind with a nasty clothesline; before putting the boots into him. Prudence drags Fox to his feet before hitting the Prudential Pain Plan to lay his adversary out in the centre of the ring. Network Representative Carter Langer applauds from ringside as the first edition of Coast to Coast goes off the air.

[45 / 0.00]

© The Pop! Network, 2010

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/ThePopNetwork.jpg

interesting lay out/

This looks pretty good so far, and I'll be reading for sure. I don't know much about CZCW other than they have really good talent to steal for TCW.:p

I'm actually not dreading the imminent talent raids; its always interesting to see which guys go where and I think it could help the project to lose a few of the upper echelon of original Zoners.. makes for an interesting dynamic knowing that some of the guys I'm focussing on now may not be here in 2 months time..

like the layout. Defo watching

Good read so far...liking the layout!

I agree with those above me - it may be a new style but it looks and reads fantastic. :D

Big thanks to all 5 of you; its really pleasing to get some positive reaction in the formative stages of the project.. as always any constructive criticisms or advice on either the layout or the content would be greatly appreciated..

A point I wasnt sure on that I did want to sound out was predictions.. would people like the chance to predict the outcomes of TV each week or is it not really an issue? I ask mainly because out of the weeks Ive already booked and written up - most of the matches have come organically during the show.. obviously big matches will be announced prior - eg the Fox vs Prudence title match that is coming up.. obviously the PPV shows will have cards set in advance and thus predictions.. but do readers like the opportunity to predict TV cards each week?

I've rambled a little longer than I anticipated.. answers on a postcard :p

If I'm perfectly honest, I think I'd now rather comment naturally rather than feel limited by predictions. I don't think they are a bad thing by any means, but I'm certainly at the point now where I wouldn't miss them if they weren't there. I think having PPV predictions is a good idea - they are less frequent and it's the sort of thing people do for real life PPVs anyway.

Nice first show Anderz. I actually started a game in a similar vein to this a couple of weeks ago using the Pop! Network (gotta love them embracing risk), but with a different promotion and going a slightly different direction. Ever since the days of Cyrus in ECW, I've loved "the network rep" angle and given CZCW's staunch style, they're ripe subject matter for such a diary. I'll be reading.

And yeah, save predictions for shows that warrant them. I always think it's kinda futile when people start predictions for the first few shows only because there's nothing to base them on, bar random guessing until a little way in.

If I'm perfectly honest, I think I'd now rather comment naturally rather than feel limited by predictions. I don't think they are a bad thing by any means, but I'm certainly at the point now where I wouldn't miss them if they weren't there. I think having PPV predictions is a good idea - they are less frequent and it's the sort of thing people do for real life PPVs anyway.

Agree with jhd1. But any alternative to boring old predictions that still provides regular points of interaction is good.

to be honest; these were the sort of responses I was hoping for.. I'd much prefer natural comments than just a set of predictions with no comments what so ever.. thats for the opinions guys; appreciate it! :)

Nice first show Anderz. I actually started a game in a similar vein to this a couple of weeks ago using the Pop! Network (gotta love them embracing risk), but with a different promotion and going a slightly different direction. Ever since the days of Cyrus in ECW, I've loved "the network rep" angle and given CZCW's staunch style, they're ripe subject matter for such a diary. I'll be reading.

And yeah, save predictions for shows that warrant them. I always think it's kinda futile when people start predictions for the first few shows only because there's nothing to base them on, bar random guessing until a little way in.

Thanks seb! and yeah, I think its obvious that Cyrus and the Network are an influence.. it was a great storyline and I hope to create something as memorable..

/in love

:D

Show 2 is on it's way....

CZCW Coast To Coast - w2 January 2010

Date: Wednesday, Week 2, January 2010

Attendance: 1,649

SINGLES MATCH

DONNIE J [vs] “THE DIRTY DOG” JONNIE PEREZ

Before the live show got underway, Donnie J and the young Jonnie Perez gave the fans in attendance an unexpected treat as they put on a solid contest for over six minutes before the more experienced Donnie J picked up the victory.

Winner: Donnie J (6:36 ~ Death On Miami Beach} [44]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/CoastToCoast.jpg

LIVE ON THE POP! NETWORK

A cold open sees the show start with Carter Langer in the centre of the ring, microphone in hand.

“I am not impressed with what I saw last week on Coast to Coast. I was sent a message last Thursday morning with the ratings, and they were far from what I had expected. But I’m not the kind of man that worries about things for very long. You see, the ratings were bad last week – but that wasn’t my fault. I lay the blame on the doors of those people in the back who are deliberately bringing this company down. I’m talking about those so called wrestlers like Fox Mask, Remmy Skye, Snap Dragon, Masked Cougar, the list goes on. The last stand, as it were, of the old CZCW. But tonight, things will change – the ratings will go up – we will have a new champion – and all will be right with the world. First things first, it’s time for me to introduce two men who will send the ratings to new heights, a team of real television stars – and my personal favourite duo of all time. Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding for Randall Hopkirk and Billy Jack Shearer!”

Randall Hopkirk and Billy Jack Shearer make their way towards the ring – celebrating like they had just scored a huge victory.

“Ladies and gentlemen – it gives me great pleasure to announce that right now, you will get to see this fantastic tag team in action. Folks at home hit the record button now – you don’t want to miss this action!”

[49]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%202/001.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%202/002.png

The former Painful Procedure were given a relatively easy tune-up battle with the young duo of California Love Machine and American Flash. Hopkirk and Shearer were pushed by the early pace but once they had their opponents within their reach the victory was never in doubt – a Randallism ending the day for Love Machine in less than four minutes.

Winner: Randall Hopkirk (3:47 ~ Randallism) [32]

Backstage, California Love Machine is seen holding his injured ribs and being helped back to the locker room by Little Miss Sunshine. From out of nowhere, Jonnie Perez attacks and lays Love Machine out with a vicious clothesline. Perez puts the boots into Machine while Sunshine looks on in horror; before his brother Frankie Perez arrives on the scene to pull the Dirty Dog away.

“Get the hell outta here Jonnie; you’re behaving like a damn child!”

Jonnie exits as Frankie and Sunshine attend to the injured Love Machine.

[34]

We cut to an interview position, where the CZCW Champion Fox Mask is standing alone with a microphone in his hand.

“Tonight, I will stand up and fight for this company. One short week ago the Coastal Zone was hit with the biggest threat to its survival yet. To outsiders this new television deal will look like the best thing to happen to us; but when that tremendous gift comes with Carter Langer and his new ideas – then it comes at a steep price. But I will stand up and defend this company to the last; I will be here till the end and I will fight till the end to ensure that the everlasting memory of the letters C.Z.C.W. are the correct ones. I’m not going to stand here and demand that everyone else in the back joins in my fight; but I will give one piece of advice. We should put our differences aside and fight against a common enemy for the greater good of us all. Let’s not be confused, Carter Langer and his group of real television stars will continue to invade us and take away the jobs of those of us who have worked hard to get where we are; and Langer will keep bringing in his friends until he has gotten rid of every last one of us. He has proved tonight, that he favours his friends or those who he believes will bring in the ratings over talent. Rest assured I believe we have the talent in our locker room to rid this new group from our company in swift fashion so we can once again wrestle for a company we believe in.”

[50]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%202/003.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%202/004.png

Two men on the promising undercard were given their chance to shine on the big stage; with Jeremiah Moose learning from his experience last week and proving too much for AAW to handle. Moose handled most of Weasel’s attacks and ended up victorious following a nasty High Velocity Headbutt.

Winner: Jeremiah Moose (4:43 ~ High Velocity Headbutt) [37]

“Platinum” James Prudence makes his way to the ring with Rita Charles at his side and a microphone in his hand.

“I have just a few words to speak before this match can get under way. The so-called face of the Coastal Zone had a lovely little speech earlier tonight – but he should’ve spent that time begging Carter Langer for a job; because after I have finished with him tonight – there will be nothing left of Fox Mask. You people can shut up because I will be the NEW COASTAL ZONE CHAMPION!”

[48]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%202/005.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%202/006.png

The match everyone had been waiting for began with Rita Charles providing a distraction to the Champion – giving Prudence the early advantage. Prudence dominated the Champion for much of the early going and after a few near falls sent Fox Mask crashing to the outside of the ring as we cut to commercials.

As we returned from the break, Prudence still held control of the Champion and looked to be moments from victory until Fox broke free from the Prudential Pain Plan and looked to fight his way back into the contest. As the pair battled back and forth, it looked like either man could be victorious – until the reigning Champion hit the Fox Hunter from out of the blue and seemed to have everything wrapped up. As Fox made the cover, an unknown masked man hit the ring and clubbed him from behind. The assailant was quickly identified as the distinctive Super Ninja – Fumihiro Ota. A Ninja Strike left Fox motionless on the canvas, but the bell had already sounded – giving the champion the victory via disqualification.

Winner: Fox Mask (16:40 ~ Disqualification) [49]

Ota helps Prudence back to his feet as the pair is joined in the ring by Randall Hopkirk and Billy Jack Shearer. The four men proceed to brutally attack Fox Mask and leave the champion down and out in the centre of the ring. Their assault is abruptly halted when Donnie J hits the ring to save the fallen champion – clearing the ring of Hopkirk and Shearer whilst Ota and Prudence head for safer ground at ringside. We go off the air with Donnie attending to Fox Mask whilst the four assailants head out of the arena.

[41]

[43 / 0.01]

© The Pop! Network, 2010

Interesting to see Langer going straight for the jugular on just the second show in as it's a pretty big line draw in the sand straight away, then bringing in the big name (well in CZCW pop terms anyway) TCW rejects. Looks like a stable is in the works. Good stuff.

Another good show - at first I thought that Painful Procedure were an odd introduction for CZCW, but as a tool to set up a high-fliers/CZCW loyalists vs everyone else story they are perfect for this sort of sized promotion. The length of shows seems very in keeping with a promotion of the size too - 3 matches and a handful of segments is all they'd get anyway so it's nice to see you sticking to that.

Interesting to see Langer going straight for the jugular on just the second show in as it's a pretty big line draw in the sand straight away, then bringing in the big name (well in CZCW pop terms anyway) TCW rejects. Looks like a stable is in the works. Good stuff.

stables are the best :cool:

nice show

cheers :)

Another good show - at first I thought that Painful Procedure were an odd introduction for CZCW, but as a tool to set up a high-fliers/CZCW loyalists vs everyone else story they are perfect for this sort of sized promotion. The length of shows seems very in keeping with a promotion of the size too - 3 matches and a handful of segments is all they'd get anyway so it's nice to see you sticking to that.

to have any more than 3 matches in an hour would be overkill if Im honest; and make the matches ridiculously short.. Painful Procedure arent exactly an ideal fit with CZCW but for this purpose they fit for the time being..

ill get the next show up today :)

CZCW Coast To Coast - w3 January 2010

Date: Wednesday, Week 3, January 2010

Attendance: 1,789

SINGLES MATCH

“THE BIRDMAN” MATT SPARROW [vs] INASANE MACHINE

The live fans were given a real treat before the real action got underway, as Matt Sparrow and Insane Machine gave them a hard-fought battle for ten minutes before a Termination Kick ended the evening for the Birdman.

Winner: Insane Machine (10:56 ~ Termination Kick) [50]

LIVE ON THE POP! NETWORK

We once again begin in the ring with Carter Langer standing alone with a microphone in his hand about to address the Coastal Zone.

“Last week, I received a terrible threat from a man I used to respect – the current champion of this company threatened me and my livelihood. Fox Mask, last week you issued a call to arms against myself and the group of real television stars that I am loosely affiliated with. But that will be the last time you threaten me; because tonight I have hired a new personal bodyguard – a problem solver if you wish to call him that. This man stands at six foot nine inches in height, and weighs in at a devastating three hundred and ninety pounds – he goes by just one name – and that is KRATOS!”

A huge mountain of man walks down to the ring and steps between the ropes to stand, arms folded, alongside Langer.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is both a demonstration and a warning – Fox Mask; if you attempt to threaten me again you will have to deal with Kratos.”

[55]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/001.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/002.png

The big man’s unlucky opponent is California Love Machine; who is quickly decapitated by a huge clothesline and then promptly drilled into the canvas by a Chokeslam for a rapid debut victory.

Winner: Kratos (0:43 ~ Chokeslam) [31]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/003.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/004.png

We return from the break with in-ring action as Frankie Perez and Air Attack Weasel have a brief but exciting contest in which the underdog Weasel threatened early. Ultimately it was P-Dawg who had the upper hand, locking in the P-Clutch for the quick submission victory.

Winner: Frankie Perez (3:47 ~ P-Clutch) [50]

After the bell sounds, Jonnie Perez charges the ring – who targets his brother and hits the Down And Dirty to lay the older Perez out in the ring. The Dirty Dog calmly exits the ring with a large grin spread across his face.

[27]

The Coastal Zone Tag Team Champions Marc Speed and Al Coleman make their way towards the ring in their street clothes and with a microphone.

“Ladies and gents, me and the Speedball here – we are fed up of sitting in the back whilst everyone else has all the fun out here. We want some damn competition for these tag titles; and we want some tonight.”

“Surely, out of all the punks in the back; there’s two guys in that locker room with enough balls to step up and challenge us – right here, right now.”

The first to answer this call are the Xtreme Champion Masked Cougar and his partner Snap Dragon – collectively known as the Lords of Xtreme.

“As a fellow champion, I understand your frustrations – and we will gladly take those titles off your hands tonight.”

Before Shoot Club can issue a response; Jakki leads out Jackpot Jordan and Jake Idol – Rich And Famous.

“Hold on a second boys; my two men right here deserve a shot much more than you do – why don’t you let a real tag team step up to the plate.”

“That’s settled then; Rich And Famous against the Lords of Xtreme – number one contenders match. The winners get to lose to me and Speedball next week – good luck!”

The Shoot Club exits the ring, and we have an impromptu tag team clash right after the break.

[37]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/005.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/006.png

Despite the distraction of Jakki at ringside, Jordan and Idol never really get going in this hotly contested tag battle. Cougar and Dragon always seemed one step ahead of their rivals; even withstanding a late charge by Jordan. With Snap Dragon dealing with Idol on the outside; Jackpot fell victim to I Am Cougar, Hear Me Roar – and the Lords of Xtreme had a shot at the Tag Team Titles.

Winner: Masked Cougar (9:41 ~ I Am Cougar, Hear Me Roar) [43]

Before they could celebrate their victory; Shoot Club were back in the ring and back on top of their new challengers. Both Cougar and Dragon were dropped, before Coleman locked in an Ankle Brace on Cougar and Speed locked Dragon in the Deadly Heel Hook. As officials pulled away the champions, it was clear who the favourites would be going into next week’s title match.

[26]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/007.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%203/008.png

Our main event saw the latest addition to Carter Langer’s group – Fumihiro Ota team with the de facto leader James Prudence to take on the two men leading the defence of the Coastal Zone. Ota and Prudence had control of the contest early on as they isolated the Coastal Zone Champion – and even when Donnie J made the hot tag; the comeback was short lived due to the threatening presence of Hopkirk and Shearer at ringside. Donnie and Fox Mask were pushed to the limit and on a number of occasions looked to be done and out. Fox lead the charge, but the fight back came to an end when Rita Charles jumped onto the apron to distract the official. Hopkirk and Shearer hit the ring; took Fox out of commission and left Donnie to be locked in the Prudential Pain Plan to give Prudence the submission victory over his old partner.

Winner: James Prudence (13:45 ~ Prudential Pain Plan) [56]

After the bell sounds, the beating continues as Prudence, Ota, Hopkirk and Shearer continue to work over Fox Mask and Donnie J until the cavalry hit the ring. Remmy Skye and Matt Sparrow hit the ring to even up the numbers – with the four Coastal Zone stars driving the members of the Pop! Network from the ring as we go off the air.

[37]

[48 / 0.01]

© The Pop! Network, 2010

A 43 second squash match featuring The Big Problem in CZCW... I'm surprised you got 31 for it :p

This is coming along nicely with the two factions growing/becoming more defined.

its almost as if I'm trying to sabotage my own shows at the moment.. but give him time and TBP will get there.. hopefully.. if not he might end up sinking the ship :p

its probably obvious where the stable growth is heading; but I do love me some stables.. so I'm enjoying booking things at the moment..

a big THANKS for the DOTM nomination (to my knowledge its my first ever) and another big THANKS to those who have voted for this so far.. I'll have show 4 up shortly and I'm currently putting the finishing touches to the booking of show 5..

CZCW Coast To Coast - w4 January 2010

Date: Wednesday, Week 4, January 2010

Attendance: 1,675

SINGLES MATCH

ANT-MAN [vs] MIKEY JAMES

Before the real action began the fans live in attendance witnessed the debut of a young new wrestler by the name of Ant-Man. Unfortunately for the debutant, his fledgling career started on a bad note as Mikey James used the Dragon Whip to win a closely fought contest.

Winner: Mikey James (6:36 ~ Dragon Whip) [41]

LIVE ON THE POP! NETWORK

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%204/001.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%204/002-1.png

We go live as the bell sounds for our Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship match; the challengers start out of the blocks quickly but the fire is soon put out by the Shoot Club. Speed and Coleman put on a tag team wrestling clinic as they isolated Snap Dragon for large periods as they effectively eliminated Dragon from the competition. The beat down continued until Coleman got cocky and made an error; he nonchalantly made the tag to his partner without neutralising Dragon – the speed of the high flyer allowed him to scurry across the ring and tag in his fresh partner. Cougar hit the ring and took the fight to the champions; repeatedly taking Speed and Coleman down one after the other. All hell broke loose as the Shoot Club illegally double teamed Cougar; with Dragon entering the fray to save his partner. In a moment of chaos, Cougar and Coleman spilled out of the ring while a Dragon’s Breath put Speedball out for the count. In the confusion Snap Dragon made the cover, and the referee counted the pinfall – and we have new champions!

Winner: Snap Dragon (14:06 ~ Dragon’s Breath) [48]

We return from the commercial break with the Network Representative Carter Langer making his way to the ring with a microphone in his hand.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I apologise for breaking up the show like this but I felt that it was important to have my say on the recent goings on around here. First things first, congratulations to our new Tag Team Champions – but I may need to review the tape on that one; I can see that our former Champions will be unhappy with this decision. However, that is not my real business for this evening. My real business is the rebellion that our so-called Champion Fox Mask is trying to recreate within the Coastal Zone. Week after week Mr. Fox comes out to this ring and throws rules and etiquette out of the window as he tries to undermine my authority and deliberately target my hand-picked real television stars. I do however have a solution to this problem; a solution that will come to fruition next week on this very program. I would like to take this opportunity to invite two men to the ring; first the Coastal Zone Champion Fox Mask and the man who should be the Champion if it weren’t that rule-breaker – “Platinum” James Prudence. Gentlemen, if you will please join me now.”

“Platinum” James Prudence makes his way towards the ring first, accompanied as always by Rita Charles – Prudence shakes hands with Langer and the pair exchange a few words before Fox Mask follows suit to a much less favourable reaction from the Network Representative.

“Before either of you say a word, let me say my piece – you will both get the opportunity to voice your opinions shortly. I have a proposal to put on the table to the two of you. Next week I propose that you each select four other men to join you in a ten-man tag team classic that will be all or nothing for both teams. Mr. Prudence, if your team is victorious I will grant each man on your squad a match of their choosing at any time over the next 12 weeks. And Mr. Fox; if your team is victorious you will get your wish granted – I will step down as the Network Representative for the Coastal Zone and relinquish my control over this television program. You’ve heard my proposal, any thoughts?”

Prudence has a big smile on his face and is handed the microphone by Langer.

“I’m not gonna mess around tonight – I know who’s gonna be on my team; the winning team. It will come as no surprise that my first two picks will be Mr. Langer’s own personal favourite tag team – Hopkirk and Shearer! My third choice is a close personal friend of both myself and Mr. Langer – and a man Foxy here will know quite well Fumihiro Ota. Finally, and with Mr. Langer’s consent I will select “The Problem Solver” Kratos as my fifth and final member of my team – the winning team, representing the Pop! Network, Beat that, chump.”

Prudence stuffs the microphone into the chest of the Coastal Zone Champion – Fox Mask takes the microphone and begins to speak.

“I don’t need to announce my team; the fans in this arena will know who they are instantly. These four men will stand alongside me and the CZCW fans to stop you before you can ruin our company.”

Fox Mask motions to the backstage area, where Donnie J, Remmy Skye, Matt Sparrow and Mikey James appear and walk down towards the ring.

“Woah hold on now guys; let’s not ruin this evening – I will invite the other team to join you in the ring for a photo opportunity and noting more. No physical contact on my watch tonight. In fact, there will be some physical contact but it will be on my terms.”

The rest of the Pop! Network rush the ring, as Randall Hopkirk, Billy Jack Shearer, Fumihiro Ota and Kratos join an already full ring of wrestlers.

“Kratos has a match up next but I think, in the spirit of competition, our main event should pit a member of each team against each other – I will select the competitors right now.”

Langer pauses and looks around at the sea of humanity in the ring; takes a deep breath.

“Donnie J will take on Fumihiro Ota in our main event – now clear the ring and let’s cut to commercial.”

[43 / 51 / 59 / 53]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%204/003.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%204/004.png

The return from the break reveals that The American Flash is the next victim of “The Problem Solver” who makes light work of the Flash and limits his offense to a single punch – quickly ending proceedings with a Chokeslam.

Winner: Kratos (0:32 ~ Chokeslam) [33]

Backstage, the new Coastal Zone Tag Team Champions The Lords Of Xtreme are celebrating their victory – Masked Cougar is sporting both his Xtreme and Tag Team Championship belts and has a microphone in his hand.

“Look, I know people might be saying that our victory shouldn’t stand – but that isn’t our fault, it was the referee’s call and that should be final. People might say that this was a fluke; but my response to that is that we will defend these titles any place, any time and against anybody. If Speed and Coleman feel aggrieved then I invite them to step up to the plate and lets go at it again – you name the time and place boys; we’ll supply the gold.”

[41]

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%204/005.png

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/Show%204/006.png

With the ring cleared during the break, Donnie and Ota are left to battle each other in our main event. During the early minutes of the match very little could separate the two as the feeling out process gave neither man a clear advantage. With both men going toe-to-toe it took a poke to the eye before the referee’s back for the Super Ninja to get the edge needed to build momentum. Ota took the fight to Donnie and spent several relentless minutes beating on his adversary; time and again Ota looked set for victory only for the resilient Donnie to kick out before the three count. Ota became frustrated and began arguing with the referee over every call; this indiscipline brought Carter Langer to ringside to try and calm down his charge. Despite everything Ota was still in control until Donnie ducked under a Ninja Strike and began battling back. Donnie headed to the top rope but as he was set to come crashing down onto Ota, Langer climbed on to the apron to argue with the referee. With Donnie distracted, James Prudence ran in from the crowd to send his former partner tumbling to the canvas – this allowed Ota to finally connect with a Ninja Strike and secure a dubious victory. Carter, Prudence and Ota celebrated in the centre of the ring as the show went off the air.

Winner: Fumihiro Ota (17:22 ~ Ninja Strike) [50]

[48 / 0.01]

© The Pop! Network, 2010

Prediction / Discussion for W1 February 2010

After four weeks at the helm of CZCW, Carter Langer has put together an "All or Nothing" ten man tag team contest for next week's Coast to Coast broadcast. One team will represent Langer and his Pop! Network (James Prudence, Fumihiro Ota, Randall Hopkirk, Billy Jack Shearer and Kratos) while the other will represent the Coastal Zone (Fox Mask, Donnie J, Remmy Skye, Matt Sparrow and Mikey James). If the Pop! Network win, each man will receive any match of their choosing over the next 12 weeks; but if the Coastal Zone is victorious Carter Langer will relinquish his control and leave CZCW.

Who wins?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/CZCWlogo.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/Pop%20Network%20CZCW/ThePopNetwork.jpg

The Coastal Zone [vs] The Pop! Network

You'll have a week to get your thoughts and opinions heard, as Coast to Coast will return next weekend (real time).

Archived