I just read an article about TNA limiting their number of PPV per year. Would there be any advantage to doing this in game? I would like to have 5 PPV per year instead of 12. Would this increase sales? If I added some money to "Celebrities" and "Live Music" would that increase views? Any thoughts?

Would there be any advantage to doing this in game?

No. In fact, it could be a fairly severe financial disadvantage. PPV in TEW are largely profit centers. It's where your money is made.

Rule of thumb: Don't follow TNA's actions. Doing so will tend to be as successful for you....as it has been for them. :p

To give further evidence to that fact...

In my crazy 600+ contracts NOTBPW game, before I started editing contract prices (or before I edited as many of them), I was losing, say, $500k/month. I had 4 television shows and 1 PPV each month. Moving to 5 PPVs each month made me gain a small profit. And of course, editing the contracts down gave me millions each month.

Essentially, whatever losses you have due to attendance will be made up by the ad revenue (if you don't have 100% to the PPV company).

I doubt this would make any difference to the actual game, and I'll try to explain my reasoning:

TNA switch to 5 PPV's a year, outlay to watch TNA = $250 ($50 per PPV)

WWE stay at 13 PPV's per year, outlay to watch WWE = $650 ($50 per PPV)

Watching TNA over WWE saves you $400 per year. Whilst the product may not be as good as WWE, it is the idea that appeals to the public's wallets making it a logically financial choice.

If you were to do this in game, it would make no difference to the game, you're dealing with statistical data, and not people power or freedom to think...

Financially, in game, it won't help. But i did it anyway playing my ILL (Lucha) game, because i just preferred booking towards big supercards that i held 4 times a year rather than every month. If your company can afford it, it's just a matter of personal booking preference.

Archived