Road to Glory - The journey of Eric Freer

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool little RTG you've got going here. I'll be reading.

Ben Williams V Ant-Man

Ben bumps

Eric Freer V Super Sonic

Sonic jobs his way out

Paranoia V New York Red

Red gets some heat back after losing the title match

Happy Elwood v Mark Smart

I like Smart, but Elwood continues his winning ways

Brendan Idol v Paradox

Idols still got a lot left in his reign

Cool little RTG you've got going here. I'll be reading.

[[OOC: thanks Phreak, This is only my second attempt ever at a dynasty and the last time was 4 years ago when I did one for TEW 2007. I'm still trying to work out how to voice it, but I'm having fun.

I just wish I was better at building overness in my workers. I can slowly build up workers, but compared to others who post that they got someone to 90 overness in a year, I rarely get someome to go up more than 10-15 overness in a year.

Of course, I rarely use the "brute/menace" angle. I've never been partial to brawling disguised as wrestling. It's a rare game where I pick up a lot of brawlers and push them heavily.]]

Ben Williams V Ant-Man

Williams will never win

Eric Freer V Super Sonic

A bit of revenge on the way out!

Paranoia V New York Red

Can't see Red losing this

Smart is second only to Ben Williams for jobbing

Brendan Idol v Paradox

Idol should be champ for a while

Friday, Week 4, April

No problems at the start so FTW Spring Stampede I started well in front of a tiny crowd of 11 people

At the opening Happy Elwood came out and started ranting about how New York Red and his gambling were ruining the mood in the locker room and that he needed to have his cards taken away from him. E (25)

Ant-Man v Ben Williams

Ant-Man defeated Ben Williams in 5:25 by pinfall with an Antidote. F+ (11)Both men looked like they were having bad nights.

Eric Freer v Super Sonic

Not a good match, but proved to be better than the opener. Eric Freer defeated Super Sonic in 5:32 by pinfall. E- (17)

New York Red then came out before his match and laughed that Happy was upset because he lost his entire nights pay while playing Pai Gow Poker in the back before the show started. E (24)

Paranoia V New York RedIn a terrible match that had some truly awful wrestling, New York Red defeated Paranoia in 7:26 by pinfall with a Brooklyn Bridge. F+ (11) These two forgot to pay attention to the crowd.

Happy Elwood defeated Mark Smart in 7:56 by pinfall. New York Red did come out and try to distract Happy, but Happy kept his attention on the bout. E- (22)

Brendan then cut a promo bragging about how he is the class of the promotion. E (23)

Brendan Idol V Paradox

In an extremely poor match, Brendan Idol defeated Paradox in 10:27 by pinfall with an Idolizer. E (24)

The worst show so far as it only scored E- (22) Worker costs were $3250

Monday, Week 1, May 2010

Good news the sponsors increased their payments to $4701 and the merchandise sales returned so the promotion made $570.

Monday, Week 4, May 2010

Tried to sign 4 different workers who could have been mainevent heels. All four wanted at least $500 PPA and then for their travel expenses to be paid. No other worker I've signed has their travel expenses paid. For now, replacing Super Sonic will have to wait.

So here's the card for the May show – FTW Full Throttle Mayhem 1

Jen Neptunev Ant-Man

Ben Williams v Roger Montiero

Eric Freer v New York Red

Brendan Idol [c] v Mark Smart - FTW World Title

Happy Elwood v Super Sonic[/b]

It was likely the opener that dragged your final into the dirt. Solid card otherwise.

Jen Neptune v Ant-Man

I'm thinking your latest debutant will take the fall

I don't see the bump machine getting a win anytime soon

This is a really tough one to call. UC for the win.

Idol keeps on cruising

Happy Elwood v Super Sonic

Another job for Sonic

How's Eric's stat growth?

[[OOC: I actually did not watch it super close. I usually only check stat growth at 1 year and then periodically after that. And since I'm actually simmed through Monday, Week 1, April 2011, I can't say what his stat growth was after the first 4 events. It did prove to be solid at 1 year, although 5 other wrestlers in the promotion gained nearly as much.]]

Jen Neptune v Ant-Man

Another win for Ant-Man

Jobber!

I think you'll do the job for the more experienced Red

Jobber!

Sonic is getting jobbed until you release him

Saturday, Week 4, May 2010

Time for FTW – Full Throttle Mayhem 1 Held in front of 16 people

At the start Tresanya comes out leading Jen Neptune. While Jen gets into the ring Tresanya fires a few t-shirts into the crowd. D (41)

Jen Neptune v Ant-man

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Ant-Man defeated Jen Neptune in 6:15 by pinfall with an Antidote. F+ (12) My typically lousy first match.

Ben Williams V Roger Montiero

Ben Williams defeated Roger Monteiro in 4:34 by pinfall. F (9) This one was almost criminally bad. These two appear to be the weakest in the promotion.

After the match as Roger Montiero was going to the back an entering Brendan Idol mocked him for losing his match. Roger got to the exit and turned back, but was led to the back by the other workers F+ (13)

In an extremely poor match, Brendan Idol defeated Mark Smart in 7:55 by pinfall with an Idolizer. E (27)

Ant-Man came out to continue his rant from the month before. Once again he complained about how having women in the locker room was an impossible trial. Jen and Tre came out to confront him and when Ant-man told them that he was better than any one or two women Gil Thomas announced he could prove that next month at FTW School's Out in a handicap match against both girls. E- (22)

In an extremely poor match, New York Red defeated Eric Freer in 7:16 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. E- (18)

In an extremely poor match, Happy Elwood defeated Super Sonic in 8:24 by pinfall. E- (22) Even in a shortened title match Super Sonic was fatigued at the end. He's useless.

After the match Happy was celebrating his victory when New York Red ran from the back and laid him out in the ring. E- (19)

Another weak show E- (21) We seem to be going backwards just a little. So far only no good chemistry has been found and more than a few of these wrestlers struggle to put on a performance rated E. Worker cost was a new high at $3400

Monday, Week 1, June 2010

Sponsor and merchandise money down, but still made $374 for the month, bank account is up to $3011.

Tuesday, Week 2, June 2010

Finally bit the bullet. Couldn't find anyone who'd sign without travel expenses paid so I picked up Jared Johnson to be a new Main Event Heel on a PPA for $450 plus expenses (estimated to be $134). Gave him a "Man on a Mission" gimmick

The card for June's event "FTW School's Out has been published.

Paranoia v Roger Montiero

Ben Williams v Paradox

Handicap Match Jen Neptune and Tresanya Shandel v Ant-man

Brendan Idol [c] v Super Sonic – FTW World Title

Happy Elwood v New York Red

Paranoia v Roger Montiero

After his last showing, I'd be amazed if Roger got the push

Ben Williams v Paradox

Ben starts a streak?

Handicap Match Jen Neptune and Tresanya Shandel v Ant-man

The ladies win. Give Ant an excuse to gripe about how it took two women to do the job of a single man, etc.

Brendan Idol [c] v Super Sonic – FTW World Title

Apparently Sonic has an ounce of overness left.

Another tough one to call. But surely getting the win over Elwood would put NYR in line for a title shot.

Friday, Week 4, June 2010

FTW – School's Out Bash

Two incidents to start the night.

First, Ben Williams decided to see if he could outdo Super Sonic's efforts from January in the World's stinkiest fart contest. Like Sonic he got a fatherly approach and pretty much blew off the comments.

Then the brothers New York Red and Jonathan Taylor bonded deeper over a mutual love of fine art. I'm not so sure considering their talk about "fine art" appeared to be discussions of World War Two bomber nose art, but I guess to some people it's high culture.

Meanwhile the show.

Paranoia V Roger Montiero

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Paranoia defeated Roger Monteiro in 6:29 by pinfall with a Freak Out. F+ (11) One day I'll get a good opening bout in.

After that we showed Jen and Tre announcing that considering the open hostility of Ant-man they were forming a new alliance to protect each other from him and any other males in the promotion who wanted to cause trouble. They call the new alliance Suburbia, makes some sense since both are using Girl-Next-Door gimmicks. E+ (33)

Ben Willams V Paradox

Paradox defeated Ben Williams in 4:47 by pinfall with a Paralyser. F (10) There is a reason Ben has been dropped to the midcard.

Handicap Match Suburbia (Jen and Tre) v Ant-Man

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Jen Neptune and Tresanya Shandel defeated Ant-Man in 9:11 when Jen Neptune defeated Ant-Man by pinfall after Tresanya distracted him. F+ (14)

After winning the girls dash to the back, leaving Ant-man to give a long rant about how he dislikes the idea of girls in wrestling. E+ (29)

Brendan [c] v Super – FTW World Title

In an extremely poor match, Brendan Idol defeated Super Sonic in 5:54 by pinfall with an Idolizer. During the match we also had Jared Johnson distract Idol. E- (22)

In a bout that had a good crowd but featured terrible wrestling, Happy Elwood defeated New York Red in 10:01 by pinfall. E (27)

After the match Gil took a moment to announce that at the next event a new wrestler will be participating and introduced Jared Johnson to the crowd. As the lights went out Jared hit Gil and laid him out. E- (21)

The show's rating went up from last month. E (24). An improvement although the worker costs at $4034 were far too high.

Monday, Week 1, July 2010

Well, the miscellaneous money and merchandise made up for the extra costs of having more wrestlers perform, total loss for the month $27. Bank account holding at $2984

-------------

The Card for July 2010 event FTW Raging Bonfire has been set

Eric Freer v Paradox

Paranoia v Jared Johnson

Tresanya Shandel w/ Jen Neptune v New York Red

Brendan Idol [C] v Ant-man - FTW World Title

Good to see he losses were minimal, despite the ever increasing worker costs.

Eric Freer v Paradox

Freer continues his winning ways

Paranoia v Jared Johnson

Solid debut for JJ

I sense some Ant Man antics that will lead to a tag team match

Idol retains.

Elwood continues to chug along as well

Sorry, missed a show there

Eric Freer vs Paradox

You have more potential

Paranoia v Jared Johnson

JJ is ace, especially at this level

Red seems to pick up a few wins, can't see that changing

Idol's toughest challenge to date, he'll win though

Smart is jobbertastic

Found any chemistries yet? And I see you've only got 11 workers (+refs etc.), so yeah, you probably got something on that not using people thing >_>

Chemistries with this group? At this point I can't remember if I'd found any or not. I have simmed 18 months and found very few good or bad. You'll notice the good ones when I do a writeup. I make comments about finding good chemistry, even when it turns out to be Ant-man and Paranoia. :p

Edit - checked my records, had found one at this point. Brendan Idol and Roger Montiero were reported to have negative chemistry during their match at Burning Rubber I in Febuary.

Friday, Week 2, July 2010

FTW Raging Bonfire 2010 -- with a massive audience of 17 people

The show opened with new main eventer Jared Johnson standing at the entrance to the locker room and bragging about how he was now the new face of the company. He insulted the fans and the other wrestlers while putting himself over. E (23)

Jared Johnson v Paranoia

In an extremely poor match, Jared Johnson defeated Paranoia in 7:01 by pinfall. E- (17)

Tresanya Shandel w/ Jen Nepture v New York Red

In an extremely poor match, New York Red defeated Tresanya Shandel in 5:36 by pinfall with a Brooklyn Bridge. E- (19)

After the match Ant-Man ran out to attack Tresanya only to dash away when Jen jumped into the ring. F- (4) These 2 don't have the overness to be in this kind of angle.

Eric Freer v Paradox

In an absolutely wretched bout that was devoid of action or heat, Eric Freer defeated Paradox in 6:34 by pinfall. F+ (13) Not a very good match.

In an extremely poor match, Happy Elwood defeated Mark Smart in 6:34 by pinfall. E- (20)

After winning Happy Elwood was assaulted by New York Red E- (19)

Brendan Idol v Ant-Man

In an extremely poor match, Brendan Idol defeated Ant-Man in 10:26 by pinfall with an Idolizer. During the match we also had Jared Johnson distract Idol. E+ (31) and a new best match ever. Not that its much to write home about. The cards are still rather lousy.

The fans were still upset about the Ant-man run in on Tresanya as they left but overall the show was granted an E rating (26) Worker costs were only $3760 for this event.

Prediction Scoring - through 7 events

Chad3590 5/5

Boltinho 4/4

Occasional Z 24/28

Tiberious4 4/5

Phreak 16/20

Eidenhoek 2/4

----

((as always thanks for reading and predicting. It's making writing this diary a lot more interesting and fun.))

Monday, Week 1, August 2010

After sponsor money and merchandising we made $310 dollars for the month, The bank account is now a flush $3294.

The Card for August's event – FTW No Breaks has been published.

Brendan Idol [c] v Paradox – FTW World Title

Eric Freer v Roger Montiero

Jen Neptune w Tresanya Shandel v Super Sonic

Paranoia v New York Red

Happy Elwood v Jared Johnson

Archived