Road to Glory - The journey of Eric Freer

Hyde, you are right, its the "Hot Prospects" list.

Let's see so far I have seen on the list

Amazing Firefly

Christy Huggins

Kinuye Mushashibo

Ant-man

Jen Nepture

Sally Anne Christianson

The Tic

(and those are the people I have on my roster in Jan 2012. - in 2013 I added some newer wrestlers, 2 immediately went onto the list at #2 and #5)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on Friday, Week 4, January 2012. For the first time a second event in the same month as Full Throttle Wrestling brings you. FTW Pedal to the Metal

In front of 261 Fans

The night started out surprisingly well as Christy Huggins decided to tell everyone tales of some girl scout trips she'd been on. Everyone was in stitches as she described some of the pranks the group she belonged to played on other camping groups they ran into. ((sorry, I can't picture her having any road stories. :p ))

The show opened with

Handicap Match

Tresanya Shandel & Jen Neptune v Ted Brady

Ted quickly found out that he couldn't keep up with the two young ladies in the ring. In desperation he dragged them both outside and used his strength to keep them there until Jonathan Taylor declared the match a draw due to double countout. Ted Brady drew with Not Desperate Houswives in 5:54 following a double count out. E (28) Sadly, Ted was not happy with not winning this.

Tag Match

Brendan Idol & Kinuye Mushashibo v Mr Lucha III & Sally Anne Christianson

Kinuye and Brendan turned out to have great tag team chemistry. However, this was not a match they were going to win. Sally Anne Christianson and Mr. Lucha III defeated Brendan Idol and Kinuye Mushashibo in 6:53 when Mr. Lucha III defeated Kinuye Mushashibo by pinfall with a Third Strike. E+ (35)

Jen and Tresanya came out to taunt Ted for failing to defeat them after bragging that he could easily defeat them. E+ (35)

Paranoia v Amazing FireFly

Once again, two fliers who are awkward when facing each other. It was also one of the weaker matches the promotion has seen in a while. Amazing Fire Fly defeated Paranoia in 5:51 by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly. E- (21)

Panda Mask II v Mark Smart

Panda got the win against Mark. Panda Mask II defeated Mark Smart in 7:07 by pinfall with a Pandamonium. E+ (28)

As Panda bowed to the crowd to celebrate the win Ted Brady came out to level him. E- (19)

Ted Brady then grabbed Mark Smart. "Girls, you had the advantage of numbers tonight, but I did not lose. I know you have defeated this young man many times. You can't fear him, so take us on next month in a match for your tag team titles." E- (21)

Paradox v Jared Johnson

Squish. Jared Johnson defeated Paradox in 7:36 by pinfall. E+ (33)

Christy Huggins v Ant-man

The crowd reacted a bit negatively to Ant-man's gimmick, but he soldiered on in a decent match. Christy Higgins defeated Ant-Man in 7:02 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. E+ (29)

Eric Freer v Tracy Brendon [c] – FTW World Title

A wild and energetic match as Tracy defended her title for a second time. Tracy Brendon defeated Eric Freer in 8:12 by pinfall with a fast roll up. D- (40)

Nate Johnson v Kashmir Singh

The two main eventers went all out to put on a show, and the crowd responded as they put on one of the better matches the promotion has booked. Nate Johnson defeated Kashmir Singh in 9:36 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D (43)

The angles again got a few complaints from the fans, but the show definitely impressed, as it ranked #4 ever for the promotion. D- (38) Worker costs were $13,846

Prediction Scoring - FTW Pedal to the Metal

HydeHill 6/8

Occasional_z 6/8

Jaded 6/8

Prediction Scoring - through 26 events

Phreak 100/119

Occasional Z 79/90

Boltinho 24/32

Jaded 61/93

HydeHill 39/50

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((I seem to be down to 2 regular predictors. Hopefully they are both having a lot of fun.

I do encourage the comments and questions. I don't claim to be good, but who knows, I might help someone.

The next year of this dynasty proved to be one of the more frustrating exercises I've ever had to put up with. Between owner goals and expansion of other promotions FTW went from February to October of 2012 in something akin to a stall. Its something I'd actually encourage other sometimes frustrated players to read just to see that it is possible to keep building a promotion even when nothing seems to go quite right.

Note: I saw that both predictors got the Nate v Kashmir match wrong. The interesting thing is both thought Kashmir was much more over. If you keep at the year end review I did you'll noticed that on Monday, Week 1, Jan 2012, Nate had 32 overness in the region and Kashmir 33. There was not a huge difference in overness here.))

Sunday, Week 4, January 2012

Bad news, Mr. Lucha III got injured last night while wrestling for OLLIE in Mexico. The doctor's report say's he has a hernia and will need to rest for 53 days before he can return to wrestling. This will keep him out of February's event.

Monday, Week 1, Febuary 2012

As expected the double show meant worker costs were well above the sponsor money. The promotion ended up down $11, 058 for the month and the bank account is down to $65,673. Ticket sales were a record though, and should continue to be better after last show's attendance of 261.

The card for FTW – Burning Rubber 3 is out.

Tag team Match

Brendan Idol & Kinuye Mushashibo v Happy Elwood and Sally Anne Christianson

Tag Team Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives [c] v Ted Brady and Mark Smart (Deliberate Damage)

Christy Huggins v Amazing Firefly

Eric Freer v Kashmir Singh

Nate Johnson v Tracy Brendon [c] – FTW World Title

((the short card is due to player error. I forgot to change the running time of the show and its only 60 minutes rather than the 90 minute shows all over events are set up as.))

Thursday, Week 2, February 2012

Bleh! I knew that Kashmir being unsigned was a fluke. In a 2 day period NYCW and FCW both approached him about wrestling for them. If one more promotion approaches him I'm going to be out a main event wrestler. A search for a replacement has begun.

Tag Team Title Match

Don't like Elwood, doesn't Sally have next to no overness?

Tag Team Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives [c] v Ted Brady and Mark Smart

Poor Ted. A loss last month and teaming with Mark Smart this month :)

Seems higher up the roster

If Singh might be off, you may as well steal his overness while you can

Surprised Tracey won it to be fair

You missed me last time - 6/8, I think.

Tag team Match

Brendan Idol & Kinuye Mushashibo v Happy Elwood and Sally Anne Christianson - Ride the good chemistry.

Tag Team Title Match

Not Desperate Housewives [c] v Ted Brady and Mark Smart (Deliberate Damage) - Never pick Smart, ever.

Christy Huggins v Amazing Firefly - Always pick the women.

Eric Freer v Kashmir Singh - Singh should be superpushed if he's hanging around - but if there's a doubt, better not to.

Nate Johnson v Tracy Brendon [c] – FTW World Title - Always pick the women! :)

((Just a quick reply for Occasional_Z

Yes, as this time Sally has almost no overness in the US. She does appear on the "hot prospects" list for the promotion.

As for Tracy getting the title belt. She's actually more over than Nate or Kashmir in Feb 2012, and stands a much lower chance of getting poached. The whole reason she ended up with the belt was that Nate was working for 2 Canadian promotions as well as FTW and was approached by another company. I had him drop the belt to Tracy to prevent the title from being vacated if he accepted an offer.

Remember that Tracy is rather good on the microphone, and can build her own overness far quicker than the 2 men, and she's nearly as good a wrestler. She's not an Alicia Strong, but she's a fine additiona for a small promotion. [and less expensive to employ.] ))

Tag team chemistry buya! Lets ride it.

Tag Team Title Match

Again women rule and ted complains too much.

Fly has been a jobber so far.

Leach some overness before he leaves + makes him less likely to leave. BTW if the third has less influence you can counter offer to keep him. Did this a lot with OLLIE at war with MPWF after ending the non agression with them, being at war also meant I could just end negotiations and they would stay on their own contract.

You like the girls, because less likely to be poached. Although I am not a fan of integrated personally.

You like the girls, because less likely to be poached. Although I am not a fan of integrated personally.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of it either, but I wasn't quite prepared to try an RTG as a women's promotion (I might try that in the future.)

And I hate the way a "women's division" ends up working, so if I want to use female wrestlers I have to used integrated or just go for a promotion that only allows women.

Each is a challenge in it's own way, that's why I'm debating trying other games/dynasties. I haven't decided to try it yet, but I probably will eventually. - well, not entirely true. I've actually started up another RTG game in the US with a product that is performance based and locked so that the owner can't play with it like Gil did with the FTW product.

But right now I see 4-5 different games I want to try

US RTG with performance based fed - integrated

UK/Europe fed, might be RTG, male only

Australia either RTG or running Zen [i'm not sure you can get to national in Australia.]

Japan RTG with a women only fed.

((Just a quick reply for Occasional_Z

Yes, as this time Sally has almost no overness in the US. She does appear on the "hot prospects" list for the promotion.

As for Tracy getting the title belt. She's actually more over than Nate or Kashmir in Feb 2012, and stands a much lower chance of getting poached. The whole reason she ended up with the belt was that Nate was working for 2 Canadian promotions as well as FTW and was approached by another company. I had him drop the belt to Tracy to prevent the title from being vacated if he accepted an offer.

Remember that Tracy is rather good on the microphone, and can build her own overness far quicker than the 2 men, and she's nearly as good a wrestler. She's not an Alicia Strong, but she's a fine additiona for a small promotion. [and less expensive to employ.] ))

Fair enough - never knew Tracey was that good! Some good booking logic there, it's always irritating when the title is held up because the champ gets poached.

Fair enough - never knew Tracey was that good! Some good booking logic there, it's always irritating when the title is held up because the champ gets poached.

You should have peeked at the really long post I did to review the roster at the end of 2011.

Tracy Brendon – FTW World Title Holder

Heel

Diva (rated 66)

Joined in September 2011 4-0-0

Best match: D (45)

Average Match: E+ (35)

Overness: 36 (+8)

Current holder of the FTW World Title. And most popular wrestler on the roster. #3 performer in the promotion in rumble skills. Also #3 in entertainment and camera skills. A versatile performer who's done very well since she was hired

And now FTW – Burning Rubber III

In front of a near capacity crowd of 149 fans in FTW's own arena (that has a capacity of 150. :p )

The night opened up with a backstage scene as Tracy Brendon stalks through the locker room until she comes upon Nate Johnson. A vicious attack later Nate is lying on the floor as Tracy reminds him that he'd managed to get Gil to give him a title shot tonight. E+ (31)

Tag team Match

Brendan and Kinuye are operating as a regular tag team under the name "young guns." They put on a good show, quickly defeating Happy and Sally. Young Guns defeated Happy Elwood and Sally Anne Christianson in 3:59 when Brendan Idol defeated Sally Anne Christianson by pinfall with an Idolizer. E (24)

Ted Brady and Mark Smart then come out and brag about how they are going to win the tag team titles tonight. E- (18)

Tag Team Title Match

Ted proved that he'd do anything for the title using many questionable holds and tactics. Finally with Mark keeping Tresanya out of the ring he grabbed Jen's tights during a roll up and held on for the three count. Deliberate Damage defeated Not Desperate Houswives in 7:17 when Ted Brady defeated Jen Neptune by pinfall with a handful of tights E (27) And this gives Ted the midlevel title he demanded during contract negotiations.

Jared Johnson came down in an attempt to help his stablemate, but Christy ignored the distraction and managed the win. Christy Higgins defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 6:13 by pinfall with a roll up. E+ (34)

Haley Buck then led Eric Freer down to talk up his match against Kashmir Singh. E (23)

Eric looked good in the match, but Kashmir was not going to be denied. Kashmir Singh defeated Eric Freer in 7:47 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. E+ (35)

Tracy wasn't going to give up the title easily, and once again used underhanded tricks to win. Tracy Brendon defeated Nate Johnson in 10:19 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. D (45)

Overall not a bad show, but short due to the scheduling snafu. The angles aren't up to the level of the wrestling though, mostly due to too many workers not having the overness to really shine in an angle. Still a D- (38) is a good rating for the promotion. Worker costs were $11,350, the lowest since the hiring of The Stomper as a road agent.

Prediction Scoring for FTW Burning Rubber III

HydeHill 3/5

Occasional_z 3/5

Jaded 3/5

Prediction Scoring - through 27 events

Phreak 100/119

Occasional Z 82/95

Boltinho 24/32

Jaded 64/98

HydeHill 42/55

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((everyone missed the same 2 matches and pretty much for the same reasons.

The win by Ted and Smart was inevitable due to Ted's contracdt saying he had to get a midcard title run. I mentioned it when I resigned him.

Kashmir it turned out only accepted one of the offers - he wrestles for FCW and FTW through the end of 2012 and beyond. I felt it safe to allow him another win.

sometimes it feels a bit surreal posting. I've actually simmed through May 2013 now, so I know much of what is coming, but I didn't note everything. and I don't always remember why I made some booking decisions.

Thought I'd add a quick comparison of Kashmir, Nate and Tracy - its based on the May 2013 stats in the dynasty, and both Kashmir and Nate have improved a bit more than Tracy, but it should give an idea of where they are. Tracy is clearily not quite as good, but she's not useless either.

Category Kashmir Tracy Nate

Brawl 61 49 55

Tech 57 50 61

Fly 53 55 66

Entertain 61 70 65

Perform 74 70 88

Camera 53 88 80 ))

Monday, Week 1, March 2012

Let's see, have 5 workers not appear in a show due to it being shorter than normal and the profit for the month is $7,215. Not the best way to build up the bank account, but it helps a bit. Merchandise sales were horrible though and below $600 for only the second time in a year.

I'm realizing that I have entirely too many wrestlers in my short list. It's a rare day that I don't have 2-3 e-mails telling me about how a certain worker has just signed a new contract.

Thursday, Week 4, March 2012

Mr Lucha III has received clearance from the physical therapist and can resume wrestling. He's planned to appear at the next show.

The Card for FTW Muddy and Tired

Tresanya Shandel v Sally Anne Christianson

Jen Neptune v Amazing Firefly

Tag Title Match

Young Guns v Deliberate Damage [c]

Paradox v Ant-man

Eric Freer v Happy Elwood

Nate Johnson v Mr. Lucha III

Christy Huggins v Jared Johnson

Paradox v Kashmir Singh

FTW World Title Match

Panda Mask II v Tracy Brendon [c]

Tag Title Match

They should at least have one successful defense, they can pass it to the guns later.

Paradox v Ant-man

Elwood continues his way down.

Should be great match.

Hardest one as you got a heel champ but JJ is better wrestler.

Paradox v Kashmir Singh

Troopers are what they are, job fodder.

FTW World Title Match

Yeah not happening Panda

On the ted brady win I knew one of these diaries he had that clause but I am following multiple so forgot which one lol.

Friday, Week 4, March 2012

Its time for FTW Muddy and Tired – in front of 105 fans

The night opens with Jen Neptune and Tresanya Shandel cutting a promo about how they are going to take back the tag titles. Ted and Mark might be temporarily escaping them thanks to the schedule, but they promise to have the titles again before the end of summer E+ (33)

A weak match. Tresanya Shandel defeated Sally Anne Christianson in 4:47 by pinfall. E- (19)

I had the first two matches in the wrong order. Jen Neptune defeated Amazing Fire Fly in 4:43 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. E+ (33)

Gil then announces that at FTW there will be a 10 man battle Royale. He stops Eric and asks Eric to pull one of the numbers. Eric does and appears happy with his selection. E+ (32)

Haley then starts off about how Eric is one of the shining young members of the promotion and sure to go far. E (28)

The crowd didn't seem too interested as Happy was buried. Eric Freer defeated Happy Elwood in 6:19 by pinfall. E- (19). Happy has a bad habit of arguing that his higher average overness means he should defeat other wrestlers who are being pushed up the card. This match was the final time he will do that for FTW, his contract will be terminated.

Tag Title Match

The heels were at it again and pulled off another win after Mark got Kinuye with a chair as Ted sent her into the ropes. Deliberate Damage defeated Young Guns in 3:48 when Ted Brady defeated Kinuye Mushashibo by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. E+ (30)

Paradox v Ant-man

Ant-Man defeated Paradox in 5:02 by pinfall with an Antidote. E- (19) Ant-man did change gimmick and got a 78 rating.

Jared meets Gil backstage and draws his number. He shows no reaction as he walks away. D (41)

Shortly after Jared is seen talking about how he's one of the most experienced wrestlers invited to the Battle and that he's sure to win it. D- (40)

A solid match, but Jared couldn't quite pull out the victory. Christy Higgins defeated Jared Johnson in 6:54 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. E+ (34)

Paradox v Kashmir Singh

Kashmir proved his ability as he dragged a good match out of the Paratroop. , Kashmir Singh defeated Paranoia in 6:47 by pinfall with a Cal-Cutter. E+ (34)

FTW World Title Match

Panda was a bit off his game as Tracy held off the challenge and retained the title. Tracy Brendon defeated Panda Mask II in 7:47 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch D- (37)

Nate Johnson defeated Mr. Lucha III in 10:15 by pinfall with a Natural Order. D (44)

Going into the last few matches I was worried, but the show was the second best ever at D- (40) and nearly our second D event ever. Not bad considering there were too many E- matches. Worker costs were: $13,307

Prediction Scoring for FTW Muddy and Tired

HydeHill 8/9

Prediction Scoring - through 28 events

Phreak 100/119

Occasional Z 82/95

Boltinho 24/32

Jaded 64/98

HydeHill 50/64

Chad3590 11/14

Tiberious4 4/5

Eidenhoek 2/4

---

((sad. Only one person made a prediction and I noticed that my reader count appears to have dropped, I don't get many views after posting each morning.

Not that I'm going to stop. Playing this dynasty has been a lot of fun, and things have become much more interesting as I claw through growing from "small" to "regional."))

Saturday, Week 4, March 2012

Due to continuing problems with his attitude towards losing Happy Elwood was fired from FTW today.

For the year he was 0-0-3 with a best match of E+ (33) and an average of E (26)

Overall in the 2+ years he wrestled for FTW he was 16-0-11 with a best match of D- (39) and an average of E (25). He leaves the company at 15 overness, 1 higher than when he first came.

Monday, Week 1, April 2012

Made $5,344 during March. Have now recovered the money spent in January to hold 2 shows. For some reason attendance has been down since January when one show nearly filled a 300 seat venue. Now we can't even fill our own 150 seat venue.

Friday, Week 1, April 2012

In an upgrade of skill from the fired Happy Elwood, the Tic was signed to a PPA contract as a midcard heel.

Wednesday, Week 2, April 2012

Sam Strong has retired and Dean Daniels managed to get controlling interest of USPW. He's currently looking for someone to be the new head booker. I'm interested to see how this shakes things up in the company.

Thursday, Week 2, April 2012

SWF had decided not to resign Ernest Youngman when his written contract expired. I took a chance and approached him. He agreed to sign as a Upper Midcard heel for $1000 PPA.

The card for April's Event. FTW Spring Stampede is published.

10-wrestler Battle Royal

Eric Freer, Tresanya Shandel, Panda Mask II, Jen Neptune, Kinuye Mushashibo, Mr. Lucha III, Sally Anne Christianson, Ant-man, Mark Smart, Jared Johnson

Paradox v Ted Brady

Paranoia v Kashmir Singh

Christy Huggins v the Tic

Nate Johnson v Ernest Youngman

Brendan Idol v Tracy Brendon [c] – FTW World Title

10-wrestler Battle Royal

Eric Freer, Tresanya Shandel, Panda Mask II, Jen Neptune, Kinuye Mushashibo, Mr. Lucha III, Sally Anne Christianson, Ant-man, Mark Smart, Jared Johnson

Paradox v Ted Brady

Paranoia v Kashmir Singh

10-wrestler Battle Royal

Paradox v Ted Brady

Paranoia v Kashmir Singh

10-wrestler Battle Royal

Why not? Get overness out of it with out having to pin anyone

Paradox v Ted Brady

Paranoia v Kashmir Singh

Paratroopers job as usual

Huggins is doing well

Johnson is a big name for your company

Tracey will retain - should be a good match though

And now FTW Spring Stampede 3

First thing I noticed was that the new wrestlers were both very positive influences in the locker room. Thanks to the other positive influences already there the locker room now has a 99.0% rating.

And the workers decided to push it higher.

First Jen Neptune got up and told tales of the backstage antics of the girls from Babes of Sin City. Jen might be a bit conservative, but her tales of some of the often deliberate wardrobe malfunctions that occurred during shows had the workers in stitches.

The Tic then decided that he could top Jen and told tales of the locker rooms he encountered in Japan and some of the pranks pulled on him and the other gaijin wrestlers.

We had a very happy locker room when the lights went on in front of 149 fans. With our arena having a capacity of 150, I wonder if the wrestlers even noticed the empty seat. :p

10-wrestler Battle Royal

This was a bit of a risk, but the match went very well. Jared Johnson gets the win with Eric being the final elimination. Jared Johnson won a battle royal in 19:44. The final four competitors also included Eric Freer, Panda Mask II and Sally Anne Christianson, with Eric Freer being the final elimination. E+ (35)

After the Match, Gil announced that he had signed a new wrestler. Ernest Youngman to the promotion and he would be facing Nate Johnson later in the evening. E+ (29)

Paradox v Ted Brady

Surprisingly the fans got into the match even though the wrestling was pretty bad. Ted got the expected victory. Ted Brady defeated Paradox in 6:23 by pinfall. E (24)

After the match Nate and Tracy ran into each other in the backstage area. They stared at each other, but half the lockerroom showed up to pull them apart before any punches were thrown. E+ (32)

Paranoia v Kashmir Singh

Once again proving he can make anyone look good Kashmir put Paranoia through his paces until he achieved one of his best matches ever. E+ (35)

Eric Freer then cut a simple backstage promo. E+ (29)

Tracy and Brendan didn't really click, but the fans still got behind the match. Tracy Brendon defeated Brendan Idol in 9:58 by pinfall with an Idaho Crunch. D- (36)

In an effort to use up a bit of time Gil announced a bikini contest. Haley Buck, Sienna DeVille, Sally Anne Christianson and Kinuye Mushashibo were brought down for the fans. Haley took the victory. D- (40)

I expected this to be a good match and these two wrestlers did not disappoint. Sadly, the Tic did not win his debut match. Christy Higgins defeated The Tic in 11:01 by pinfall with a Florida Upswing. D (45)

Put 2 great wrestlers into the ring and give them twenty minutes to build up the action and they put on the best match the fans had ever seen in an FTW show. Nate Johnson defeated Ernest Youngman in 18:32 by submission. D+ (52)

After the show some of the fans said that Sally Anne had gotten a bit too much exposure, and not good exposure from the bikini contest. Still they said it was a truly great show giving us a D (44) rating. It was the best rating ever for Full Throttle Wrestling. Worker costs were $14,858.

Archived