hey guys - question about buying TEWK2K10 in a sorta unusual way

hey guys, very excited - got a brilliant brand new laptop. LOL, yes ive been accused of being stuck in the 90s and its true that ive been using the same PC since the days of the Monday Night War & AOL, lol - i've enjoyed EWR and every version of TEW on that relic - and still do and always will. I wont let the old bugger die. HOWEVER, friends could no longer bear to see me so physically stuck in the 90s, as if our conversations were enough, and so I was delighted to have been given a beauty of a new laptop!

I instantly knew I needed to put TEW 2K10 on there first thing. (Well, It'll be thing number three having put the final EWR freeware and TEW 2K5 on first.) Now heres my ?

OK - so, basically after a good stretch of $ earning at work i'd found myself sitting on a pretty penny a little while back and had just switched from my long time bank to a new one, got a new debit card and watched in horror as i spent so much money on so many unnecessary things, realizing that my impulses were insane and i couldn't suppress them, i.e anytime I'd see anything I liked online I'd buy it, I cut the debit card in half and flushed it down the toilet - ive not had any issues of mass unnecessary and ridiculous spending since.

HOWEVER, it is a dilemna because, unfortunately, it isn't the 1990's and in this day and age lots needs to be purchased online via debit or credit card. Seeing as I am far too impulsive to handle a debit, despite being a mature adult, (knowing me, I would go to a restaurant, have a simple sandwich, whip out the debit card and end up paying for everybodies meal, compulsively swipping my debit through any debit/credit card reader i could find in a saliva dripping, sweat fueled rampage) I've needed to figure out a viable solution. So what I discovered was these things called visa pre-paid debit card which function enitrely as debit cards except with a pre-established amount of cash on them that you pay for when you obtain the card. In practice, if there's something I want to buy that requires a debit or credit card, I go to my bank, knowing the amount of the item, ask for the pre-paid visa and put the required amount of money on the card. It's worked perfectly for me - though I'm concerned about it's possible limits since it is not exactly an exact credit/debit card. For example, I was kinda concerned it wouldn't work say to add funds to my playstation network wallet - however it did. But now I am concerned about being able to purchase TEW 2K10 and other games off Greydog with it. (I am probably/possibly going to also grab Wrespi and WMMA)

so im hoping someone can provide me with information about this, like if you know whether or not I'll be able to buy the game in the way I've described or if you know I cant do it that way, if there's any alternative that doesn't involve money order or whatever that would entail a long wait. Ultimately this evening I'll ask my roommate to purchase it with their credit card and im sure they would but I'd rather not do that. I'm hoping someone who would have an idea or know will be able to give me the green light and ill promptly go to the bank a few blocks away put the amount the games I want cost on the card and then enjoy TEW and a new diary today.

thanks!

rae

Yup, buying a pre-paid Visa or MasterCard debit from a store works wonders. Especially when, like me, you have a debit card and are trying to buy something online from a retailer that doesn't take your particular brand (like Visa-only retailers not taking MasterCard or something).

Nothing unusual at all. I've bought every version of TEW via pre-paid card. When I needed a second copy for my laptop so I could complete the Cappy Pack, I whipped out the Green Dot card to pay for the license.

And you know, Brother Ramaeno, I'm a lot like you. I'm not stuck in any particular decade but I don't like to be a man of my time just because that's what's going now. That said, I wouldn't dream of doing without my Green Dot or something like it. Unsecured credit cards are too easy to abuse just like you stated. These babies make the money on them more tangible because you gotta load them up first. Perfect balance of new and old for this boy.

Archived