GDS Fantasy Football 2012: Planning/Organization

Wallbanger

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday night is a good suggestion. It just needs to be not too late for the East coast folks, probably not later than 9pm Eastern.

Also remember that many of us are in both the Yahoo and ESPN league, so trying to put them on the same day may be a little much.

We do need to get a date/time locked down. The 25th is a week from Saturday. There's also the 1st of September (or really any time Labor Day weekend).

The ESPN league is 12 members - I sent out the last invite this evening to a friend from my live-draft league to fill the gap.

I got a friend to make the # of teams even in the Yahoo league, bringing it to 12. Once he joins, I'm locking things at that.

As for time, Sundays are fine for me, but only after 5, usually (because of work).

What times zones are we looking at? Is anyone from across the Atlantic in the Yahoo league this year such that a time like 6PM would be a poor choice?

Anyway, I propose 6PM on Sept. 2nd (Sunday). If that doesn't work, we can move it around.

Edit: Make that 5:45... All other times between 5:45 and 10PM are closed. There's probably too many drafts at that time as it is.

ESPN folks, is Saturday all right for you? If so, ESPN could draft 9/1 at about the same time.

That's fine with me, but that's the latest I'd like to draft.

I could still do the 25th early morning...but later that night is my live draft that I pay for and...lets face it..when there is money involved..I'm there...:p

Ok, after messing around for an insanely long time trying to schedule things out, (It's really hard to do the following without an algorithm, surprisingly) I've set up a rivalry thing.

The way things are set up, with 12 teams and 13 regular season weeks, every team has to play two teams twice (you don't play yourself, so you have 11 unique opponents). The random schedule is not always ideal, so I went and set it up so you play a particular same-division team twice and another particular non-division team twice.

"Rivalry weeks" are:

Weeks 1 & 8 - Division Rivals

Weeks 4 & 11 - Non-Division Rivals

The Week 1 schedule is visible, so you can see your divisional rival now.

ESPN folks, is Saturday all right for you? If so, ESPN could draft 9/1 at about the same time.

That's good for me.

Saturday night is a good suggestion. It just needs to be not too late for the East coast folks, probably not later than 9pm Eastern.

Also remember that many of us are in both the Yahoo and ESPN league, so trying to put them on the same day may be a little much.

We do need to get a date/time locked down. The 25th is a week from Saturday. There's also the 1st of September (or really any time Labor Day weekend).

The ESPN league is 12 members - I sent out the last invite this evening to a friend from my live-draft league to fill the gap.

As an East Coaster, later is better for me. But I'm pretty flexible the next few weekends. So whatevers best for the group so long as it's not between 10-6PM EST, because if you have free time then, you're doing life wrong.

I got a friend to make the # of teams even in the Yahoo league, bringing it to 12. Once he joins, I'm locking things at that.

As for time, Sundays are fine for me, but only after 5, usually (because of work).

What times zones are we looking at? Is anyone from across the Atlantic in the Yahoo league this year such that a time like 6PM would be a poor choice?

Anyway, I propose 6PM on Sept. 2nd (Sunday). If that doesn't work, we can move it around.

Edit: Make that 5:45... All other times between 5:45 and 10PM are closed. There's probably too many drafts at that time as it is.

Sept. 2nd sounds good to me!

OK, since I haven't heard objections to either draft date, the schedule is at this point:

ESPN League: Saturday, September 1st @ 6:00pm ET / 5:00pm CT / 4:00pm MT / 3:00pm PT

Yahoo! League: Sunday, September 2nd @ 5:45pm ET / 4:45pm CT / 3:45pm MT / 2:45pm PT

That's 12 days from the date of this post.

This is slightly off topic, but hilarious.

It's been said that fantasy football is D&D for guys that would never actually play D&D. Well, this article outlines rules for an actual fusion of fantasy football and D&D.

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/8/24/3258090/fantasy-football-nerds

(obligatory on-topic statement: Drafts are just over a week away!)

so I'm hoping to be around for the draft tonight, if not is there something I can set so it will pick people I want?

I'm also hoping my computer will hold out for the entire draft (it has been overheating the past few days).

As for the other question, I think that there's normally a pre-draft ranking system you can do, but as the draft room seems to have already been created (I thought it only did that 1/2 hour before the draft) I'm not sure if you can anymore.

You could jump into the draft room and set a "Draft Order" just in case. That's probably your best bet at this point.

Archived