GDS Fantasy Football 2012: Planning/Organization

Wallbanger

I thought the draft was at 8... :( Didn't turn out so bad though got a lot of the guys I wanted. I'm scared to death of Jones-Drew's knees... Ryan Matthews might be back by week 2 We'll see. But, thems the breaks I guess. Probably wind up without a RB by W8 knowing these guys injury potential. Then again, people always slept on Curtis Martin back in the day betting on his demise, maybe I go solid value there, and Matthews will start scoring TDs... Ya never know.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team is pretty good for an autodraft team (LeSean McCoy 7th shocked me!), but I am incredibly miffed at how ESPN'd autodraft logic works.

Manually setting what positions to get in each round is very poor from a game theory perspective (as there's no way to reconcile a steal falling into your lap or missing a big run at a position and pointlessly drafting the 8th best TE before filling your other positions or something) and it's way too unintelligent when you go for "best available".

I can tell because it drafted my third QB and my fourth WR before it took my second RB... :(:mad::eek::rolleyes::o:p

So, alas, I have Peyton Manning, Big Ben, and Philip Rivers and I'm willing to trade for a decent second RB. I'm willing to make a good deal as I don't have to worry much about my flex position considering I'm rolling in WR's.

Get at me. :)

Getting settled in now.

After giving it a go yesterday, I probably won't stream this draft (and honestly, will probably toss yesterday's stream into the bitbucket). Didn't really work out the way I thought it would, and distracted me a bit too much from my own draft board.

Regardless, we'll see you in the draft room!

Archived