Getting The Most From the C-Verse

Hey guys, been a while since I've been here. Anyway, I've been playing TEW for a good long while, and I've always wanted to play c-verse game but haven't ever been able to get into one. I'm wondering what you guys did when you started with it, be in the original TEW, or even starting in TEW10. What makes it fun to you? How do you guys get the most out of it?

I first got into the game and the C-verse with the free download of TEW 2005 back in January. I had intended to played a real world mod, as I had been playing EWR before this, but I was a lucha fan and really didn't feel like any of the Real World Mods for TEW had a good handle on lucha... I feel like many people only include Mexico to be completists, rather than because they like or understand it. Also, I was frustrated that TEW 2005 didn't really handle lucha well.

When I heard TEW 2010 included Luchas de Apuestas, I got really excited and forked over the cash. TEW 2010 still does not do a great job of capturing the lucha style, but it is certainly much better than it was in the past. Sadly, the Real World Mods were no better, so I thought "What the heck, lets try my hand at the C-Verse.' So I took OLLIE for a test spin, then decided to do a 0/0/0/0 with CILL. Then stumbled upon EWA while reading the bio of White Knight. I started to envision him as this Undertaker-esque character with a big fancy entrance, and so I started to read a bit more about EWA. Suddenly, I became really taken with the idea of a eurotrash version of WWE, and I've been playing EWA ever since.

I tend to find the C-Verse better balanced than most Real World Mods, and the characters a lot more engaging. Also, I love the fact that I have no pre-conceived notions of what these wrestlers should or should not be. I'm not going to be disappointed when the Rock or Stone Cold doesn't develop to be the stars they became, while still wishing that "something different" would happen to make things seem fresh. It's like I want fresh stars in the main event scene so it doesn't feel stale, but when the same old guys don't develop into stars, then I feel bummed out. None of that with the C-Verse.

There was a similar thread to this not too long ago

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515770

I hope that helps!

Like a lot of people I used to only play real world mods, but I found that a lot of my games quickly grew boring and were too easy. The mod makers do a great job with the real world, but I just can't help but feel that real world mods just aren't balanced enough and aren't as enjoyable. I now only exclusively play the c-verse and it's three mods (77, 97 and 01) and I don't think I will ever go back to playing any real world games.

In the C-verse I like to play as work rate heavy promotions such as BHOTWG or NOTBPW. In these games my main goal is to put on the best matches possible and develop new stars for the future. There are stories to be told in my games, and I love telling them, but those stories are told in the ring. I'm not a huge fan of booking sports entertainment but when I want to book something with more angles I play as TCW. I always tone down the realism in their product to make it pop=performance. In TCW my main goals are to make a talented main event scene for the next decade, establish future stars, increase the prestige of the all action division and expand the product to be a global phenomenon. Not as easy as it sounds, but it sure is fun! I tend not to play as smaller promotions as I'm quite impatient, and I love having development territories for my up and coming workers to go and hone their skills.

From the time I started playing TEW (with 05, when it first released), I learned very quickly that mods don't tend to do my favorite part of the industry justice. While Luchador prefers lucha, I prefer the women's side and most mods just don't pay enough attention to that part of the industry (forlan's typically being a notable exception. InfernalMiko's joshi mod was awesome as well). So I started playing C-Verse and then I stumbled upon a neat little trick (the Sex Sells angle) and that directed me to look around for other workers not named Joanne Rodriguez. That led me to reading bios and coming up with character/push ideas and the rest is history. I've always found the women's side to be far more challenging, both in the C-Verse and real world mods, if only because of the shallower talent pool.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34134" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I first got into the game and the C-verse with the free download of TEW 2005 back in January. I had intended to played a real world mod, as I had been playing EWR before this, but I was a lucha fan and really didn't feel like any of the Real World Mods for TEW had a good handle on lucha... I feel like many people only include Mexico to be completists, rather than because they like or understand it. Also, I was frustrated that TEW 2005 didn't really handle lucha well.<p> When I heard TEW 2010 included Luchas de Apuestas, I got really excited and forked over the cash. TEW 2010 still does not do a great job of capturing the lucha style, but it is certainly much better than it was in the past. Sadly, the Real World Mods were no better, so I thought "What the heck, lets try my hand at the C-Verse.' So I took OLLIE for a test spin, then decided to do a 0/0/0/0 with CILL. Then stumbled upon EWA while reading the bio of White Knight. I started to envision him as this Undertaker-esque character with a big fancy entrance, and so I started to read a bit more about EWA. Suddenly, I became really taken with the idea of a eurotrash version of WWE, and I've been playing EWA ever since.</p><p> <strong>I tend to find the C-Verse better balanced than most Real World Mods, and the characters a lot more engaging.</strong> Also, I love the fact that I have no pre-conceived notions of what these wrestlers should or should not be. I'm not going to be disappointed when the Rock or Stone Cold doesn't develop to be the stars they became, while still wishing that "something different" would happen to make things seem fresh. It's like I want fresh stars in the main event scene so it doesn't feel stale, but when the same old guys don't develop into stars, then I feel bummed out. None of that with the C-Verse.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This...</p>

<p>The first time I ever tried out the C-Verse was with TEW08. I looked through it with '07 but it didn't hook me just yet. I thought the best way to 'learn the ropes' was to play a faster-paced game that included running one show a month and watching what happened throughout the game world. One thing I suggest is always reading the 'Random Worker' bio's during the loading screens. You might see somebody you'd like to learn more about (title history, match history, etc.) and therefore become more invested in the game and the world itself. </p><p> </p><p>

I started with MAW in '08 and had a really good run with it. I played it all the way until TEW2010 came out (about a 10 year game). I played MAW when TEW2010 came out and I've loved every minute of it. You'll find workers who interest you and get hooked pretty quickly. I always played real world mods before but I think the hard work Adam put into the CV is well worth the time of playing around with it and learning it.</p>

Archived