Shoot Interviews

Basmat01

whats you fav shoot interviews you have seen?

My fav would be Paul London's and Brian Kendricks Excellent Journey from 2010. Whats makes it good to watch is that they are so bitter about their run in WWE and they smoke a joint on camera lol

They have just done a new Interview too called Bogus Journey. it was a good watch but found it alittle boring at times. Paul just seemed to ramble on.

I remember really digging one with Vince Russo. It was weird listening to him and actually understanding his position on some of his wackier ideas. The idea that wrestling fans will always watch, so it's his job to get everyone else to watch. Perhaps misguided and naive, but I understood it.

Liked the first London & Kendrick shoot, although it did lower my opinion of them as people. Different energy to the interview.

If you're interested in more of a technical insight into in-ring mechanics, i highly recommend any of the In The Ring With ______ series (A wrestler talks to trainees, then they put on 5 minute matches for him and he analyses them. I've seen Kevin Nash and Nick Dinsmore, which are both brilliant (Dinsmore especially), and the trailer for Al Snow's looks great too), and Secrets Of The Ring With _____ is fantastic too, Jim Cornette's is good and Raven did 10 hours worth of it over 5 editions! On working as a face, as a heel, 'star power', and various other bits.

Last one, Sharing My Knowledge With Tommy Dreamer is 3 hours of Dreamer taking questions from trainees and answering completely bluntly. He's got a real insight as he worked in Talent Relations for WWE, and he doesn't pull any punches. A great watch.

I remember really digging one with Vince Russo. It was weird listening to him and actually understanding his position on some of his wackier ideas. The idea that wrestling fans will always watch, so it's his job to get everyone else to watch. Perhaps misguided and naive, but I understood it.

Liked the first London & Kendrick shoot, although it did lower my opinion of them as people. Different energy to the interview.

I thought Paul came across alot more bitter than Brian. You should watch Project: Paul London/Under The Bear Skin Rug videos they might just lower your opinion again on Paul. he spends two episodes drunk, one episode in a supermarket talking about how Matt Hardy likes to stick stuff up his butt. One episode pretending to be Orlando Jordan putting sperm on his face ........ lol

Secrets Of The Ring With _____ is fantastic too, Jim Cornette's is good and Raven did 10 hours worth of it over 5 editions! On working as a face, as a heel, 'star power', and various other bits.

I saw a couple of the Raven ones. Really cool info on the mechanics of wrestling. Although I can only stomach about half and hour of Raven per week. He grates on me something fierce.

I thought Paul came across alot more bitter than Brian. You should watch Project: Paul London/Under The Bear Skin Rug videos they might just lower your opinion again on Paul. he spends two episodes drunk, one episode in a supermarket talking about how Matt Hardy likes to stick stuff up his butt. One episode pretending to be Orlando Jordan putting sperm on his face ........ lol

On the one I saw, I thought London came off better. Bitter, sure, but relatively normal compared to Kendrick and his "the sun is cold" theories. I'll avoid watching anything further with London, so as not to spoil the happy memories I have of him in the ring.

Last one, Sharing My Knowledge With Tommy Dreamer is 3 hours of Dreamer taking questions from trainees and answering completely bluntly. He's got a real insight as he worked in Talent Relations for WWE, and he doesn't pull any punches. A great watch.

I watched the first half hour last night. Never saw him in action but I respect the hell out of him now. Very candid and straight-up. I like how he fought for the careers of CM Punk, Mickie James etc.

Not really seen that many. Saw Kamalas which was quite entertaining. Tammy's Sytchs' new one seemed to be just a sympathy vote and in all honesty sucked. Paul London & Brian Kendricks was funny, but at the same time they came across as annoying. Shane Douglas Youshoot wasn't bad either... like I said I haven't seen many lol.

I do have Ravens to watch as well but haven't had time lately.

Not sure if this would count as a shoot interview but if anyone has heard of Kayfabe Commentaries I would highly suggest checking out their Timeline: History of WWE series. The best one they have done by far is 1997 with Jim Cornette and he doesnt hold back at all he "Shoots" on everyone from Ed Fererra, Vince Russo and Kevin Dunn in fact his Kevin Dunn rant alone is worth purchasing it.

They havent done a 1998 one yet but if they do I am sure it will be with Jim Cornette again and that will be a must buy for me. Hes obviously not for someone who doesnt like coarse language but if you can handle it, its halarious and an all around good interview.

I always enjoy Jim Cornette or Raven shoots, I remember listening to a William Regal shoot that was good. I think the Regal one I heard was from the wcw days or maybe just before he re-signed with wwf and became the goodwill ambassador.

Not sure if this would count as a shoot interview but if anyone has heard of Kayfabe Commentaries I would highly suggest checking out their Timeline: History of WWE series. The best one they have done by far is 1997 with Jim Cornette and he doesnt hold back at all he "Shoots" on everyone from Ed Fererra, Vince Russo and Kevin Dunn in fact his Kevin Dunn rant alone is worth purchasing it.

They havent done a 1998 one yet but if they do I am sure it will be with Jim Cornette again and that will be a must buy for me. Hes obviously not for someone who doesnt like coarse language but if you can handle it, its halarious and an all around good interview.

When doesnt Cornette shoot on Russo? it seems in just about every interview Cornette always rants about Russo.

Archived