So is a 0/0/0/0 touring promotion in Japan even feasible?

I'm thinking of starting a 0/0/0/0 game in Japan with a Touring company. But an initial glance at what is available to me tells me this is likely going to be extremely difficult.

Few local workers that will work for $150 or less means I'm having to look outside Japan, which then means travel expenses.

And that only drives up the costs. I'm still trying to figure out how months I'd have to wait before my first tour just so that I could amass some money in the bank to even be able to hold a handful of shows for a tour. Otherwise, I'll be bankrupt by Week 2.

Has anyone ever had any success with a 0/0/0/0 touring promotion? Does anyone have any advice whatsoever? Am I crazy to even try this?

Well just take January and February as off-touring months :p Do it like 2-2-2-2-2-2, switching from on/off. Then maybe just do 1-2 show per month, depending on how much money you get from the sponsors.

Of course it's doable. It's YOU controlling the promotion. You decide. If you can't run more than 2 shows a month, then don't do it. Simple. I actually did this with the Road To Glory challenge, started in Japan with a 0/0/0/1000$ created promotion. Now reaching Cult with almost a million in the bank.

One of my longest running TEW10 games was a 0/0/0/0 in Japan. It was a lot of fun to play, buliding up a lineage with home grown talent and whatever stars I could prise away from the big guns of PGHW, BHOTWG, GCG and WLW who were all bouncing between Cult and National.

The only thing you might need to worry about is that by time you get big enough to get a TV deal all the possible TV slots in Japan are likely to be taken up already. The 4 major Japanese promotions (and sometimes 5SSW), SWF, TCW and NOTBPW can easily fill up all the shows that can be had, so you may need to edit some TV networks to allow more shows otherwise you might never ever be able to get to the upper sizes simply due to having no TV and not being able to run weekly PPV events due to being a touring company. :)

Tsurayuki Kamachi and Hitomaro Suzuki... they were my stars from fairly early on throughout my game, both guys were awesome. :)

One of my longest running TEW10 games was a 0/0/0/0 in Japan. It was a lot of fun to play, buliding up a lineage with home grown talent and whatever stars I could prise away from the big guns of PGHW, BHOTWG, GCG and WLW who were all bouncing between Cult and National.

The only thing you might need to worry about is that by time you get big enough to get a TV deal all the possible TV slots in Japan are likely to be taken up already. The 4 major Japanese promotions (and sometimes 5SSW), SWF, TCW and NOTBPW can easily fill up all the shows that can be had, so you may need to edit some TV networks to allow more shows otherwise you might never ever be able to get to the upper sizes simply due to having no TV and not being able to run weekly PPV events due to being a touring company. :)

Tsurayuki Kamachi and Hitomaro Suzuki... they were my stars from fairly early on throughout my game, both guys were awesome. :)

Some good advice here! Though I tend to avoid editing things whenever possible (other than to set up my promotion, obviously). So I could well see me trying to fight though those limitations, even if the odds are stacked against me ever being able to succeed.

And that impediment to success is relative to how you define success. If scaling the mountain and being tops in Japan is success, then yes. You have a serious block to succeeding. But think about a guy like The Stomper. You think he feels he hasn't succeeded because NYCW isn't the SWF? I guarantee you he doesn't.

Ultimately the only impediment to success is you. Because you define what success is. The only training games I've had that have failed are the ones that couldn't get off the ground because the talent mix looked better on paper than on the screen. But then my goals are tilted more toward worker development than finances or corporate dominance. Although my finances do start getting respectable about a year and a half to maybe two in.

Right now, my goal is getting NOTBPW to steal Gregory Chapman and leave me refless. They've always taken Rob Perkins when I've built him up. So I'm trying it with a different Canadian ref. Seems the Stones are the only ones who've ever cared about a ref I've built up. Once I succeed at that, I'll have had a good deal of success with my wrestlers as well and that's when I'll determine the new definition of success. I'm not going to shoot for the moon the first day out. That can crush you. Shoot for smaller stuff that builds toward the moon and then target the moon when you're ready.

No, I set both long and short-term goals for myself. I tend to only worry about the short-term ones (usually related to making the jump to the next size, successfully pulling off a storyline, and making a new star), but I still like to know that I have a shot of reaching the big-time.

Achieving TV is usually one of the goals I set for myself.

That said, I am a sucker for trying really difficult things, and if this is going to be difficult, I may have to give it a try anyway!

Archived