For "Real World" Players: Who is your guy?

I like to play real world mods. Especially old NWA. For those of you who play "Real World" games whether it be past or present, do you have a guy that you push to the top higher than than the push he ever got in real life?

IE: Magnum TA - World Champ (ignoring accident)

IE: Roddy Piper - WWF Champ (even though he never won the title)

Is there someone that you decided, "It's MY GAME and if I want ________ to go all the way then by golly he will!!!"

A slightly different answer but in my DOTT game, I have Flair and Hogan, and while Hogan does win the title and keep it for eight months, for the most part, Flair rather than Hogan is the centrepoint of the promotion, which never happened in real life.

aaaaaaaahhhhh Nice KCOLL

Are you playing as NWA or WWF?

NWA. Flair defended against McDaniel, Steamboat, and Rhodes, and held

the title for fourteen months before losing it to Hogan who defended

against Brody & Hansen for eight months before losing it back to Flair whose first adversary back on top was Savage.

Ted Dibiase(Jr.)- I almost always have him have lengthy IC or US title reign depending on what shows he's on, then usually feud with Miz(if Ted is face) or Orton(if Ted is heel)

Michael McGillicutty, although I almost always rename him Joseph Hennig, I currently have him tagging up with Gregory Helms, they're are gonna capture the tag title soon enough and eventually Mike is gonna turn on Helms and go after the Intercontinental title and then the Heavyweight(I want him to be a triple crown champion by the end of 2012 (im in 2010 as of now)

playing Clash of the Titans Mod as WCW.. Flair is World champ, Steve Austin is US champ... Dusty Rhodes is the owner and wants to create a "vibrant" tag scene so getting that going.. Steiners are Tag Champs... doing a ton of house show bookings with different wrestlers trying to build that up... signed RVD, Mysterio, Jeff Jarrett, Kid Kash, Chris Jericho...

Flyin' Brian Pillman and Jericho = The New Hollywood Blondes

Kid Kash and Double J = Manipulation

RVD and Mysterio = Divine Intervention

giving these teams pushes

Rhodes wants me to have Flair's and Nikita Koloff's momentum high, so will probably push Koloff for the US title..

It depends as I have regular saves on various mods.

On a 2011 mod I had Ted Dibiase jr as the top heel in the company. I also pushed Drew Mcintyre to the moon on Smackdown winning the world title from The Undertaker. I am also on the Mmiddle of pushing Goldust and Regal up the card, they are both currently strong upper midcarders waiting for that one push, that one strong feud to take them to the main event which will happen when my current set of feuds run there course later in the year.

For the moment Regal and Goldust are in a 3 man feud with Bryan for the WWE Indie Championship.

On my 1987 save I'm currently pushing Bret a lot earlier then he was irl. I've also pushed Roddy Piper to be Heavyweight Champ. Pushing Hercules by feuding him against Hogan. Pushing Vader with a Goldberg style streak, currently the IC Champ and heading towards a Heavyweight title feud to lead into wrestlemania.

On my 2001 save which I'm currently spending more of my time on than the other mods i'm currently just pushing the typical guys but developing people like Cm Punk, Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels, randy orton on the main roster. Danielson is currently at Lower Midcard and was the holder of my X division title. I've also pushed misawa to lower midcard and trying to get him up to midcard for a european feud.

When vader and Dustin Rhodes become available i'll be pushing them a lot too hopefully they'll become available with the eventual purchase of WCW.

I have a plan to push Christopher Daniels very soon and very quickly, I have a plan to add him to the Taker vs Kane feud by seemingly randomly comming to assist Kane in defeating the undertaker at a ppv (currently thinking a buried alive match). The next night we'll have the return of paul bearer returning to explain why he's back with Kane and why Daniels aided Kane. Daniels will then have paul bearer as a manager and Kane as a body guard. Taker will be off screen for a while and return with his old undertaker gimmick ready for revenge. Taker will defeat Kane once and for all and turn his attention to Christopher Daniels which will hopefully be the feud to turn him in to a top level star.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in my current real world mod im in early 2016 and outside who i call the big 3 ( John Cena , Randy Orton and CM punk ) the 2 other biggest stars are Drew McIntyre and Percy Watson .

Its not what i set out to do but just seems to have kind of happened over time .

but its the future so who knows it could end up coming true , although i doubt it

<p>One of these days I am going to have to play an 80s era mod. Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase Sr, Jake the Snake, 3 of my fave 5 that didn't get much.</p><p> </p><p>

In my custom promotion, I have a few established top stars, but I've managed to make main event/upper midcarders out of: </p><p>

Kenzo Suzuki, Ken Doane, Jon Elliot, Joe Doering, Rene Dupree, Brent Albright, Colt Cabana, Carlito, Jack Swagger, Jimmy Jacobs(was surprised at his push and he still is in the Upper Mid status) Amazing Red</p>

<p>This is a great thread. Depends on the mod and promotion I play as.</p><p> </p><p>

1987</p><p>

WWF - Ricky Steamboat (Long IC run and then World Title run), Ted Dibiase, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels get much sooner runs than in real life. I also like to bring Sting, Ultimate Warrior, and Undertaker in for pushes.</p><p> </p><p>

NWA - Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Sid Vicious, Vader, Arn Anderson, Road Warriors, and Bam Bam Bigelow</p><p> </p><p>

2001</p><p>

WWF - RVD, Tazz, Rhino, and Raven all get really good pushes. Dean Malenko usually gets up to IC Title status.</p><p> </p><p>

WCW - Goldberg gets pushed hard. nWo returns at one point with Hogan, and the Outsiders usually getting a strong push. Flair usually gets another good run with the belt. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and CM Punk usually get strong pushes as the future of WCW. Sean O'Haire usually becomes a legendary US Champion. Lance Storm usually holds all titles other than the World Title at various points.</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't played a current real world mod in probably 6 years. Always mean to but just haven't.</p>

WWE 2006:

On Raw my guy is Test. He started as a enforcer for McMahon's latest complete take over bid, but later broke away from the group to get his hands on Triple H for 'ruining his life'. He has beat Triple H 3 times now and will win the title at the Royal Rumble from Orton, and will hold on to it until Mania, where HHH will finally get a win on him.

On Smack Down, its Scott Hall and Goldust. Both guys are Main Eventers right now, with Hall being set up as my guy to win the Rumble. Goldust will win the Money in the Bank match at Mania.

In my current TNA game (started in the November 2009 and is now in January 2012)

Impact Brand - Desmond Wölfe (Former TNA World Champion), AJ Styles (Former TNA World Champion), Kurt Angle (Former 5-Time TNA World Champion), Samoa Joe (Former TNA World Champion), CM Punk (Current TNA World Champion) and Christoper Daniels (Former 2-Time World Champion)

Knockouts Brand - Ayumi Kurihara (Former 2-Time TNA Knockouts Champion), Ayako Hamada (Former TNA Knockouts Champion), Kana (Current and 3-Time TNA Knockouts Champion), Io & Mio Shirai (Former 3-Time TNA Knockouts Tag Champions) and Jetta (Former TNA Knockouts Champion)

I'm playing as WWE in November 2012. I started in August.

RAW

-Drew McIntyre. He's currently 4 months into his United States Championship reign. I was planning on giving him a 6 month reign but he might go on to hold it longer.

-Dolph Ziggler. Current WWE Champion. Almost 2 months into his reign. I'm planning on having him drop the title to Cena at Wrestlemania.

SmackDown!

-Zack Ryder. I'm planning on his taking the Intercontinental Championship from Cody Rhodes in 2 months. I might move this up so I can give Rhodes & Sandow a push towards the World Tag Team Championship.

-JBL. I returned him to active and put the World Heavyweight Championship on him. I always wanted him to have one more title reign in real life and he retired before he got it.

ECW

-RVD. My current ECW Champion. I brought put Alberto Del Rio on ECW to feud with RVD while Antonio Cesaro climbs the ranks.

Archived