NewVerse...

Not a load of mods out there for CBH, and for no reason I started playing it A LOT in the last week, and as usual, it means I start editing stuff.

Now my major problem with the most games (not just Ryland's amazing ones) are I always disagree with, or cant become enamoured with, the universe. So I started poking around a few things.

Just a few days ago, I decided to try and make the Marvel Movie Universe, but gave up after only adding several people, as I found it boring. The major thing I still don't quite grasp about the game is the Powers (that is to say attacks). It makes making games very difficult.

But for no reason a few days ago, I started to use the Defaultverse for exact reference (and extraction) and began to make my own Comic Verse as it were. The start was simple, I've become a big fan of the Iron Man idea, especially the idea of the second Iron Man movie of a rival of Tony Stark trying to create his own version of the Iron Man armour. So I ran with that.

I used pictures (and modified stats) from original characters to begin to form my own universe, which I'm having a lot of fun doing. I might even release it. I realize there isn't a huge playerbase (at least active on the forums) for this game, but I don't care. Its fun!

A big thing I'm trying to do is incorporate the "time" variable. So below is an example of some of the things in the data, thus far:

The Earth - 1955

- Its worth noting the data takes place in a fictional Earth. On this Earth, shortly after World War II there was a push to unify the world under one Government by Charles Deacon. Africa was abandoned by the humans and turned back to the animals, where they prosper. Basically becoming a huge nature reserve. All humans eventually became integrated into the rest of the world, and it united under the first President of Earth, Charles Deacon. The largest city in the world is basically the entire North East of the Unites States which was turned into one massive city from Washington D.C. to Manhattan as Urbanopolis.

Urbanopolis 1955 (Earth - 1955 - Prime Dimension)

- By 1955, Charles Deacon ((The Guvnur)) has been President of Earth for 5-years, but is getting old. In the 5-years since the forming of the World Government, all country vs. country hostilities have disappeared, and only few pesky groups and people seem to have issue with the new peaceful earth. Charles' son, Russel Deacon ((Dupin)), is one of the few people who see a storm brewing. With the world becoming more kind everyday, evil seems to be waiting to burst from its seems. While many see Russel as the heir apparent to the Earth's Presidency, he remains gruff and currently acts as his fathers loan bodyguard.

Franklin Battle was America's leading weapons supplier, and with the turn to peace, has started to branch his company, Battle Defense, into more pharmacological and space exploration development. However, Franklin also sees the new peaceful Earth as a ticking time-bomb, and developed a "Battle Armour" that he occasionally straps on to help fight crime as The Urban Defender ((Tech Head)). He is currently engaged to his long time girlfriend, Claire Crystal, who is pressuring him to get married and have a son.

Edward Dagger was Franklin's main rival in Defense contracts. However, unlike Battle did not have the foresight or knowledge to expand Dagger Defense to other things like Franklin did. Bitter by this new world, Dagger began supplying small groups of rebels with weapons. After being discovered by The Urban Defender and unveiled to the world, Edward went into hiding. He began to create his own armour, which he dubbed Future Knight ((Steam Punk)). He now wears the armour and is one of the major criminals in Urbanopolis.

Happy Town (Earth - 1955 - Prime Dimension)

Happy Town was a small town in what was Western Canada. Many saw it as the epitome of what this new world is about. The resident mayor, Hank Smiley, is always happy, because, what is there to fear? ((No villains / wild cars / anti-hero can travel here))

The Earth (1960-1985)

A lot changed, after the "Prosperous Years" under Charles Deacon, his death during a visit to Happy Town, which also saw the town consumed by a volcano, saw the world fall into chaos. This also saw an intense growth in "Super Heros", and the massive growth of Battle Defense, now Battle Industries. Russel Deacon founded The Defenders alongside Franklin Battle and villian turned anti-hero Edward Dagger, and they, began to bring the world back from the grasps of disaster. Russel Wilhelm went on to become the 2nd President of Earth, and began to groom his son, Charles Deacon II, to be the next President.

((I Haven't worked on this yet, but may include it as a playable time))

The Earth (2010)

Charles Deacon II became President in 1987, but prefers to be called Chuck ((Snapper Stanley)). Under him the Earth has not quite become the peaceful place it once was, but is on the way back up. Most of Asia has been destroyed due to the 25-years of chaos. North American & Europe have become what most call the "Earth" now, with Asia in ashes, Africa left to the animals, South America being a place where local warlords try and fight for control, and Australia also being nearly deserted of humanity.

Urbanopolis 2010 (Earth - 2010 - Prime Dimension)

Battle Industries is now run by Franklin Battle's son, Tyler Battle. While Franklin's status as The Urban Defender was a large secret, government files discovered by Tyler revealed to him his father's true nature. Not the absent and cold father he knew, but a man who was one of the driving forces in bringing peace back to the world. Discovering the original Battle Armour suit, and plans, Tyler began to work on his own suit of Armour. Much improved over his father's design, Tyler began to help keep the peace against the evils threatening good. But in an unprecedented move, Tyler revealed himself as the man behind the suit, and "Battle" ((Power Spike)) has become one of the worlds most recognized heroes. President Deacon even assigned Tyler as the leader of a new task force to protect the Earth, the Department of Formidable and Noble Defense, or D.F.N.D, an homage to the legacy their father's had left.

Drake Dagger ((Rick Roland)) had once again built Dagger Defense up to be Battle Industries main rival. While many had forgotten his father's evilways in the 1950's, it remained a cloud over Drake's soul. When President Deacon selected Tyler Battle to head D.F.N.D. it was all Drake could handle. Driven Insane, he put all his companies resources into building the Dagger Drones ((TerrorBot's)) which he used to attempt to kill President Deacon. Stopped by Battle, Dagger was disgraced like his father and has gone into hiding. He is one of Urbanopolis' major villains, and though he cannot fight himself, commands his vicious TerrorBot's in a plot to take out his rivals and take over the world.

D.F.N.D.'s Founding Members:

Battle ((Power Spike)) - Tyler Battle, leader.

Regent ((Colonel Fell)) - Reginald Jackson, senior member and former Urbanopolis Police Officer who lost his sight saving Battle's life. Battle made him a visor that could shoot lasers as a way to make up for it. Regent was the first man recruited by battle and the second-in-command. Has an Alternate "Character Overhaul" as Regency ((Power Hunter)) which updates his story to getting seriously wounded and having Battle build him a life support suit, which he then weaponizes.

Whisper ((Major Graves)) - Whisper, a junior member, is a trained assassin from South America with no name. She fled to Urbanopolis to escape her past and ended up working with the government as one of the elite agents tasked with bringing the rest of the world back together. She is the only member of D.F.N.D. who was put into it by the government, and not recruited by Battle.

Faith ((Lieutenant Soberin)) - A junior member, Faith was found naked in a field in 2001. Many thought Faith was an Angel due to the large wings that were attached to her back. When she regained consciousness, she had no memory of anything. Given the name Faith, the government tested her finding out the wings were caused by a mutation in her blood. Faith became the first known mutant to the government and kept captive, albeit in nice conditions. When Battle was recruiting for D.F.N.D. he couldn't help but investigate the rumours of the "Fallen Angel" and discovered Faith. Against most peoples wishes, President Deacon ordered Faith be released into Battle's custody.

Pointdexter ((Brigadier Austere)) - A part-time member, Dexter Small is the top scientist at Battle Industries. Known for his ability to process large amounts of information, Battle recruited him into D.F.N.D. to act as a dispatcher of sorts. Pointdexter now handles most of the busy work as well as maintaining and expanding a large criminal database. Pointdexter and Faith have began to shown feeling for eachother due to their shared social awkwardness.

There is also a "Punsiher" type character named Redemption, and low level criminals already here.

Happy Town Ruins (Earth - 2010 - Prime Dimension - Based on The Wastelands)

Happy Town's destruction in 1960 was caused by a large volcano apparentely appearing out of no where and consuming the town. What most people didnt know, is that the Volcano was created by the mythical Ares who was sent crashing to Earth by Zeus after being banished from Mount Olympus. Ares then spent the next 50-years attempting to break back into Mount Olympus, but was always a failure. He then kidnapped some scientists and began to build a small labratory in the Happy Town Ruins. The point of this lab was to clone other mythical legends, of which Ares possessed DNA, to create an army for Ares, who now wished to take over the world and be its overlord, effectively creating a kingdom for himself. The first clone, Minotaur, came out nearly perfect except for the fact, for some reason, he came out showing compassion and sympathy, and did not seem intent on helping Ares. Ares then created Minotaur II but added a dash of his own blood, making him pure evil. Discovering the truth lie in his own DNA, Ares also created a clone of Medusa, and had the foot hold of his army.

Besides Minotaur who has become an anti-hero, The Lone Gunslinger is the lone hero who seems to make the Happy Town Ruins a permanent home. A direct descendent of former mayor Hank Happy, Gunslinger sees it as his destiny to protect what is, or was, Happy Town.

Mount Olympus (Earth - No Meaning - Prime Dimension)

Taken directly from the default data, except all inhabitants, except Talos, were given the ability to time travel, and Olympus now exists in the time "No Meaning" as time has no meaning. There is also crime on Mount Olympus and the possibility of visitors to go there (though they'll need to be a time traveller). The idea behind the time thing, is the gods can go to any time, without needing to create a different Mount Olympus for each possible timeframe.

Varlismir (Earth - 2010 - Prime Dimension)

Will be based heavily on the Krugg of the defaultverse.

Thoughts? Ideas? At this point, a major desire is to not have many crazy mutants who can shoot fire and such. More "grounded" if you can say that is my approach. So characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, The Hulk, ext. I never liked the idea of people shooting fire or ice or whatever, from their hands.

Characters By Location (Rank / Alignment / Race)

Europolis 1955

Big Luca Falcone (Prominent / Human / Villain)

Governor James Hammond (Major League / Human / Civilian)

The Beast (Minor League / Human / Villain)

The Falcone Crew (Obscure / Human / Villains)

Valor (Prominent / Human / Hero)

Europolis 2010

Combat (Renowned / Hero / Human)

Governor Richard May (Legendary / Human / Civilian)

Mantis (Minor League / Human / Villain)

Redemption (Obscure / Human / Villain)

Sangue (Well Known / Human / Villain)

Trine (Obscure / Human / Anti-Hero)

Happy Town: (1955)

Mayor Hank Smiley (Prominent / Civilian / Human)

Happy Town Ruins: (2010)

Ares (Major League / Villain / Supernatural)

Medusa (Well Known / Villain / Supernatural)

Minotaur (Notable / Anti-Hero / Animal)

Minotaur II (Notable / Villain / Animal)

The Lone Gunslinger (Minor League / Hero / Human)

Mount Olympus: (No Meaning)

Achilles (Renowned / Hero / Human)

Aphrodite (Major League / Civilian / Supernatural)

Athena (Legendary / Hero / Supernatural)

Chronos (Iconic / Wild Card / Supernatural)

Erebus (Renowned / Villain / Supernatural)

Hades (Legendary / Villain / Supernatural)

Hephaestus (Major League / Hero / Supernatural)

Hera (Legendary / Villain / Supernatural)

Heracles (Major League / Hero / Supernatural)

Perseus (Major League / Hero / Supernatural)

Poseidon (Legendary / Anti-Hero / Supernatural)

Talos (Well Known / Wild Card / Technological)

Zeus (Iconic / Wild Card / Supernatural)

Urbanopolis 1955: (1955)

Chuckles (Notable / Villain / Human)

Claire Crystal (Minor League / Civilian / Human)

Future Knight (Prominent / Villain / Human)

Mullet Moss (Obscure / Villain / Human)

President Charles Deacon (Iconic / Civilian / Human)

Russel Deacon (Renowned / Hero / Human)

Stray (Minor League / Villain / Human)

Urban Defender (Prominent / Hero / Human)

Urbanopolis 2010: (2010)

Alisha Stone (Minor League / Civilian / Human)

Battle (Major League / Hero / Human)

Brute (Obscure / Villain / Human)

Dagger Assassin Drone (Prominent / Villain / Technological)

Dagger Optic Drone (Minor League / Villain / Technological)

Dagger Predator Drone (Prominent / Villain / Technological)

Dagger Slaughter Drone (Prominent / Villain / Technological)

Dagger Warrior Drone (Prominent / Villain / Technological)

Drake Dagger (Well Known / Villain / Human)

Faith (Minor League / Hero / Mutant)

Jon Colbert (Prominent / Civilian / Human)

Machete (Obscure / Villain / Human)

Pointdexter (Obscure / Civilian / Human)

President Chuck Deacon (Major League / Civilian / Human)

Ragent (Prominent / Hero / Human)

Stabb (Obscure / Villain / Human)

The Kat (Minor League / Villain / Human)

Whisper (Minoe League / Hero / Human)

Varlismir:

Bryll (Minor League / Villain / Alien)

Elisipr (Minor League / Villain / Alien)

Emperor Ryxe (Legendary / Villain / Alien)

General Aryle (Prominent / Villain / Alien)

Joxeth (Minor League / Villain / Alien)

Zedont (Minor League / Villain / Alien)

None: (added timeframe at the end)

Angelium (Iconic / Hero / Alien / 2010)

Justice (Well Known / Wildcard / Technological / 2010)

Voltage (Minor League / Mutant / Anti-Hero)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived