Wwe13 - what system should I buy on?

panix04

The past few years between Xbox and PS3 has solely been the number of layers for CAWS, ease of importing custom music and the fact that on 360 you have to have a gold live membership.

This year, the PS3 has the same number of layers (I believe), so if you have gold, and can import your custom music fairly simply with the 360, then really your only question is which system do you prefer...

... Well that, and which system do more of your friends play the game on.

I almost got it for the PS3, but I make a load of CAWS for an e-fed I'm in, and capture a fair bit of video for said E-Fed. Since about 9 out of 10 people in said fed play the game on 360, I had to go that way again.

Buy yourself WWE 12 and save the money lol. It's the same game only there's (rather bad) renders of Attitude Era wrestlers in there. Honestly, play last year's game and DL the CAW versions of these guys. Most of them are better believe it or not.

This game is a steaming pile. I really regret putting the money down when I had Assassins Creed already and Halo 4 on the way. I bought it because, well, I buy it every year. But I've never regretted it more than I did this year.

Post edit-----

OK well a full 24 hours later I gave it more of a a chance. Turns out when you're not sleepless after working 48 hours in three days you have a lot more fun with the game :-) LOL I'm sorry but I was REALLY tired when I finally popped this thing on and I was pretty grumpy.

It's pretty damn cool. The attitude era mode is friggin awesome if you lived through that time frame. I'm still disappointed because some of the character models are terrible. And I thought Ryback was in the game... But it is fun so far. I still think you might want to hold off for awhile because it'll be on sale for $40 around xmas time

There's quite a few similarities between '12 and '13 and to be honest it's not the first time that's been stated.. but this time, they had a good reason.. the Attitude era.

I'm just glad to be going through a seamless Community Creations page, and being able to save your match-ups in Universe mode makes it all worthwhile. And edit the rankings at will. Basically they answered most of the quirks about it last year.. yet to come across branching storylines either.

I haven't picked this up yet, but something that always bugs me about the Universe mode in previous games was 20 years into it, Triple H, Randy Orton, John Cena, and the Undertaker are still WWE and WHC champions.

No body moved up the card unless you wrestled as the people.

Can anyone answer my play style question? I can't find the answer anywhere.

Does it play like the old smackdown games (arcade) or "tactical" like no mercy/wrestlemania for gamecube.

it can be both. I think it has a good (but not perfect balance)

on the quick match setting it is much more arcade ish and damage and finishers happen much faster

on the epic setting, the matches are much longer and things take longer to develop so there is more strategy. Especially if you are getting beat down for a long period of time it takes a while to get your momentum back.

Normal setting is somewhere in between but I usually just play either quick or epic

Anyone playing this on XBOX 360 if you would kindly check out my Davey Richards CAW. I'm not so great with the faces but I think his attires are pretty close.

Gamertag: Big T is Buff

Keyword: ROH

Or just search his name

My friend and I are planning on eventually working an ROH "brand" into our Universe mode, and are gradually going to accumulate the roster to do so. Davey is definitely a guy we'll be looking for, so I'll be sure to check him out the next time we play and let you know what I think.

I haven't picked this up yet, but something that always bugs me about the Universe mode in previous games was 20 years into it, Triple H, Randy Orton, John Cena, and the Undertaker are still WWE and WHC champions.

No body moved up the card unless you wrestled as the people.

I think this year fixed that. Like I said you can edit the rankings at will, so years into the mode, you can easily put HHH or Cena out of title contention in a whim. If you decide to bring back Taker part-time, he won't automatically be the no.1 contender to any World title & stuck there before you make him lose 15+ times in a row, you can just shove him down and focus on your top stars.

Bought this on 360 and wasn't sure what I thought about this game to be honest at first, mainly due to once again feeling that reversals were flawed and favoured the AI (especially on Legendary where I couldn't even hit a move without it being reversed). After playing it for a few days though on the next difficulty down, I found it isn't all that bad (reversals aside). I think it is pretty good, especially playing through the Attitude mode - enjoying that right now. I didn't like last years Universe mode so haven't played this years version yet, although I like the fact you can set up your own "brand" this year without having to edit over Raw/Smackdown so may eventually give it a whirl when some decent Indy CAWS come up.

Heh. In my WWE 13 universe, I added a Tuesday brand which has all of the attitude era members that I've unlocked (haven't played through the off-script storyline yet), as well as John Lauranitis. Just started the second show...as Cactus Jack vs. Mark Henry.

Starting Champions:

WWF Chamion (88-98): Ken Shamrock

WWF Classic Intercontinental Champion: British Bulldog

World Tag Team Champion (85-98): Road Warriors

PPVS (Always on the 2nd of each show):

April: Badd Blood

May: Judgement Day

June: Over The Edge

July: King Of The Ring

August: Summerslam (Arena '98)

September: One Night Only

October: Unforgiven

November: Survivor Series (98)

December: Alternates between Rock Bottom and Breakdown

Janurary: Royal Rumble (99)

February: St. Valentine's Day Massacre

March: Wrestlemania XV

I love how smoothly the community creations runs now. I'm just about to do a MITB match with all created people. It's Noam Dar vs PAC vs BXB Hulk vs Austin Aires vs Kassius Ohno vs El Generico, all on quick match setting. It's going to be utter madness but I'm the most excited I've ever been to do a match. All the CAWs look flawless.

Bought this on 360 and wasn't sure what I thought about this game to be honest at first, mainly due to once again feeling that reversals were flawed and favoured the AI (especially on Legendary where I couldn't even hit a move without it being reversed). After playing it for a few days though on the next difficulty down, I found it isn't all that bad (reversals aside).

What I've been doing for the past few years is played on Legendary, but lowered the AI reversal sliders. It makes the AI more difficult to beat while still allowing me to get in the occasional move.

What I've been doing for the past few years is played on Legendary, but lowered the AI reversal sliders. It makes the AI more difficult to beat while still allowing me to get in the occasional move.

Yes slider tweaking has alluded many with this series I'm afraid. The GameFAQs boards are always aflame on release day. "Hard is too easy, Legendary they just reverse everything!!!"

I like to occasionally lose so I keep it pretty difficult, but like you I turn down the reversals on Legendary just a tad so that I still get moves in. Keeps it challenging but it's not an exercise in patience and sanity either. Although I find this game features a bit of the old "fire pro" mentality in the sense that the CPU has more difficulty reversing harder moves as they take more damage.

Despite not having had a wrestling game since...a long time ago (it was possibly on the gamecube), I decided to try out WWE 13 and so far I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I was never a fan of the way the Smackdown series seemed to be going, but this game reminds me a lot of those older games (especially the damaged head animation!). I'm currently working through the attitude era mode which is a good idea as a feature, although I've never been a huge fan of having to unlock everything in this type of game (I'd rather be able to jump in with anyone).

For those more experienced with the recent games - I get the basic idea behind Universe mode, but how exactly am I meant to play it out? Should I play most matches or only a few? If I simulate matches will I still get the 'storylines' that I would get if I had played the match myself?

Also, what is the point of using the storyline creation? I don't have a gold membership so I can't use the community creations (which seems an odd decision to me), so I can't put an existing one to the test. I followed the tutorial but it wasn't all that clear what exactly would happen. If I set a storyline to start the week after Extreme Rules with some sort of promo, will that promo always occur on that show? Or is it random?

For those more experienced with the recent games - I get the basic idea behind Universe mode, but how exactly am I meant to play it out? Should I play most matches or only a few? If I simulate matches will I still get the 'storylines' that I would get if I had played the match myself?

Also, what is the point of using the storyline creation? I don't have a gold membership so I can't use the community creations (which seems an odd decision to me), so I can't put an existing one to the test. I followed the tutorial but it wasn't all that clear what exactly would happen. If I set a storyline to start the week after Extreme Rules with some sort of promo, will that promo always occur on that show? Or is it random?

Universe has storylines even if you dont play the matches. I personally just chose a few people and play their matches so it would sort of be like an old season mode. Also sometimes I just play the matches that appeal to me I've never played every match but you can sim and see them booking feuds.

On the story creation it is primarily for online (imo) because I dont think I'd get much out of playing a story I've already set up. Though you can edit every week and what segments appear if I'm not mistaken I haven't used that feature since 2010

I'd forgotten all about the sliders! I think I'll go in and knock them down a bit then put it back on Legendary.

Universe has storylines even if you dont play the matches. I personally just chose a few people and play their matches so it would sort of be like an old season mode. Also sometimes I just play the matches that appeal to me I've never played every match but you can sim and see them booking feuds.

On the story creation it is primarily for online (imo) because I dont think I'd get much out of playing a story I've already set up. Though you can edit every week and what segments appear if I'm not mistaken I haven't used that feature since 2010

Tried the story feature and hated it. Might do it again though once I finish Badd Blood.

EDIT: My Universe Mode

Archived