Transfer to TEW from WMMA

So, I have an idea for my game... Currently my WMMA fed is run by a 'former wrestler' (A NP character I used in TEW2010) and with TEW2013 I plan to have him 'Return to the World of Wrestling' to open his own Wrestling company (Think WWE opening the XFL.. just not a flop.. I hope)

Now there is a (couple of) character(s) I'd like to bring over to TEW as though they have transferred to Wrestling from MMA and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how the stats would transfer and how to realistically set them up?

One -the main one- Is Adam White. In my MMA game he went to be a multi-weight Champion and helped take my Company to the number 1 spot in the world so I'd love to take him to a Wrestling fed and build on that with a legitimate athlete gimmick.

There are several MMA guys in the Cornellverse that you can take inspiration from (Buddy Garner, Billy Russel, Oleg... Doros-thingy and Aleksander Karachyev or whatever his name is, with the giant red glove on :p, a lot of the INSPIRE guys from 2008, etc) who have done the same thing.

Generally they have high top-row stats for either brawling or technical wrestling, or both (due to being legit trained in them), and pretty poor (comparatively) Performance stats, due to having relatively little pro wrestling training. Entertainment stats would probably depend on the guy (low for Shamrock types, high for Ortiz/Lidell types I guess), as would Physical stats. They'd probably have pretty high Menace though, mostly because of the air of legitimacy about them.

Yeah, some MMA guise may be lacking in terms of Performance stats. I can see a few wrestling/jiu jitsu guise picking up Psychology quick, but Selling and to a lesser extent Basics should probably be affected. Safety should probably be low for most brawlers and a bit higher for jiu jitsu and judo guise. Depending on chin and heart, you can add high Toughness and Resilience. DO NOT base Power on knockout power, base it on the fighters weight and how strong he is for said weight cause I'd imagine its used more to determine if a guy can lift a guy or not.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34826" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Generally they have high top-row stats for either brawling or technical wrestling, or both (due to being legit trained in them), and pretty poor (comparatively) Performance stats, due to having relatively little pro wrestling training. Entertainment stats would probably depend on the guy (low for Shamrock types, high for Ortiz/Lidell types I guess), as would Physical stats. They'd probably have pretty high Menace though, mostly because of the air of legitimacy about them.</p></div></blockquote><p> I think most of them can have a relatively high Basics and Consistency (Cish) but Safety will only be poor to Moderate, while doing poorly in Psychology and Selling (especially Selling).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34826" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think most of them can have a relatively high Basics and Consistency (Cish) but Safety will only be poor to Moderate, while doing poorly in Psychology and Selling (especially Selling).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And if you notice even a guy like Brock Lesnar with his wrestling experience prior to MMA, he was a little rusty on safety with that shot in the mouth he gave Cena.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zeel1" data-cite="Zeel1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34826" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They'll also tend to have stiffness issues, atleast early on after the transition, for rather obvious reasons.</div></blockquote><p> I agree completely - they will also have High Intensity along with the Stiffness. They are perfect for Japanese Promotions.</p>

<p>Ok so in a similar situation i wanted to bring in someone who was a former world boxing champion , a bit like the mike tyson wwe thing .</p><p> </p><p>

Thinking in terms of my guy (who will be fictitous) was a world heavyweight star as tyson was but im thinking someone of the build of say david haye and with similar trash talking abilities , obviously not going to be up there with the best talkers but able to hold his own .</p><p> </p><p>

im intending all the wrestling stats to be low but with higher menace and stiffness but i dont want them to be a basic monster heel , im hoping to make them a likeable guy whos using his superstar status to cash in afterhis boxing retirement to enhance his cv before becoming an actor .</p><p> </p><p>

so on that basis how would be best to do this .</p>

You could do the same as I was advised, take the aforementioned MMA guys and use them as stat base, just eliminate the wrestling side of their stats. Put Brawling on high, I would have a high hardcore too if you are using Tyson as an inspiration. A high menace and intensity, low safety, decent microphone and charisma.

Archived